Virus Trapping

After healing, Delta successfully leapt over the Fishy as it dashed towards him. The fierce swing of his Rageclaw was also successful at scratching the virus and ripping out a piece of the floor. However, that piece of floor happened to be the only thing holding the cracked panel beneath the Fishy together. Delta fell into the new pit he had helped create, but managed to thrust his arm forward into the side of the chasm, preventing him from falling in deeper.

SwordyA: DELETED
SwordyB: [CAPTURED]
FishyA: DELETED
FishyB: 50 HP [normal]
OldStoveA: DELETED
OldStoveB: DELETED

Terrain: 40% Normal, 30% Cracked, 30% Broken

Delta.EXE: 135 HP [broken: 1 action to get out] [rageclaw: 4 uses]
Delta reached over the edge of the hole with his right arm and pressed it against the ground. He then pulled his rage claw out of the side of the hole and moved his left arm to a similar position before using both his arms and his legs to clamber back onto solid ground. Turn to face the virus, the navi asked, "So where where we?" in a casual tone of voice, as if he had just been distracted by some paperwork or a piece of unimportant news, "Oh yes, I do believe I was about to finish up here." With that, he walked towards the virus resolutely.

As he approached the virus, Delta slashed his rage claw in a motion the opposite of the attack that had collapsed the panel, though adjusted so as to avoid repeating the mistake. Allowing his left arm to drop back to his side, he suddenly kicked out savagely at the virus. [Henry, prepare the isolation module. I am almost ready.]

Henry's only response was to quietly prepare the isolation module. He was about ready to wrap up this mission as well.

All the while, his armor continued to repair itself. It looked to be in almost perfect condition by now.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]Actions:
1. Pull self out of hole.
2. Rageclaw (40, AccB{Melee}) @ FishyB
3. Kick (1, AccB{Melee}) @ FishyB
*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
HP: 135/140
((Healed 15HP))
Weapons: Rageclaw [L:##<__].
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used: Cannon x3, Zapring, Shotgun, Minibomb, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]
((Hopefully I can catch this virus next turn...))
While Delta crawled his way back out, the Fishy took its time aligning itself with where he would emerge. No sooner did the navi reach a normal panel did the virus strike. It grazed Delta but not before the navi attacked it again with a swipe from his Rageclaw and a kick of his boot. He brushed off the damage he had just sustained and got ready to capture the virus.

FishyB: 9 HP [normal]

Delta.EXE: 135 HP [normal]
Dropping the rageclaw from his hands with a dismissive flick of his wirst, Delta snatched the module's boxy from out of the air as it appeared. Spinning it around in between his hands, he then tossed the trap up into to air. As it fell earthward, the navi jumped up and caught it by the handles, then aimed it at the virus and pulled the trigger in one swift motion.

Henry smiled as Delta activated the program, but remained silent.

As Delta held the trigger, the front of the box fell open. A powerful whirlwind lashed out of the box in an attempt to catch the weakened fishy.

1. Overly complicated method of preparing the IsoMod.
2. IsoMod.exe (capture ifHP<10) @ FishyB
3. Nothing.
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Inactive].
Battlechips used: Cannon x3, Zapring, Shotgun, Minibomb, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]
The Fishy was caught without any problem.

FishyB: [CAPTURED]

[Battle 4 - Vic... Wait]

The Isolation Module began to rumble in Delta's hands as it processed the data from the fifth virus. Sensing something was awry, he quickly dropped the machine and moved away just as it exploded in a staggering blast. Delta was unharmed but he could sense something was stirring from within the billowing shroud of smoke. A Spikey's paw was the first thing to emerge from the haze, followed by a Swordy's wispy blade. As more of the creature revealed itself, Delta could see it was some kind of mishapen amalgam of all the viruses he had caught. His latest catch, the Fishy, formed the head of the monstrosity. It crawled along all fours with a Spikey's torso leaning on a pair of Swordy swords as its hind legs. A half-ring of floating Champu gloves and shoulder mounted Cannons decorated its back. It reared its maw and let out a howl that sounded like the mixed cry of everything he had fought thus far.

Chimera: 340 HP [normal]

[Battle 5 - Begin!] ((Chips and sigs are refreshed))
Delta stared at the chimera for a moment before saying, "I am going to have words with our client about their technology when all is said and done."

Glaring at the monstrosity before him, the navi held his left hand straight out. After a moment, small blue squares appeared and coalesced into a sword, the hilt sitting in his hand. Charging forward, Delta brought the weapon down with all the strength that he could muster.

Leaping back and to the left, the navi kept moving to avoid any counter attacks that might be leveled against him by his opponent. As his armor's self repair started up again, he sent a message to his netop, [Send me a minibomb and a zapring.]

While he waited for Henry to comply, Delta continued to strafe the virus.

1. Delta Sabre (40, break, AccB{Melee}) @ Chimera
2. Dodge.
*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
3. Dodge.
((Healed 15HP))
Signatures: Delta Sabre [<<], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used: None.[/Spoiler]
Delta bravely engaged the new virus in an attempt to draw first blood or catch it off guard or to test its abilities. Whatever his reasoning, he picked a poor choice of attack as the Chimera reeled from the Delta Sabre and immediately retaliated with a full volley of Champu fists and a double shot from its shoulder Cannons. Dodge as he could, there was practically no way to avoid being struck by the onslaught of attacks. The arc of blazing boxing gloves rained down on Delta like meteors, shattering a few cracked panels. His footwork managed to keep him safe from all but one glove and a single Cannon shot (-35). He healed some of the damage, but not all of it (-15).

The virus shook its head and took a single wobbly step forward with all the grace of a newborn. The Champu gloves were gone now but what other abilities did it have at its disposal? If it took all of Delta's evasive abilities to barely scrape by their first exchange, how would he fare for the rest of the battle?

Chimera: 300 HP [normal]

Terrain: 40% Normal, 20% Cracked, 40% Broken

Delta.EXE: 115 HP [normal]
Delta quickly formed his buster, brought it up to point at the virus, and loaded the zapring. After a second, he fired, launching a ring of electricity at the chimera. Delta then immediately leaped aside and loaded the minibomb in his right hand. Quickly slinging his arm back and then forward, the navi lobbed the explosive at the ground under the beast. His armor's self repair systems kept working throughout.

1. Zapring (40, stun, AccA{Shot}) @ Chimera
2. Dodge.
3. Minibomb (60, blast1, AccC{Throw}) @ Chimera
HP: 115/140
((Healed 15HP))
Signatures: Delta Sabre [<<], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used: Zapring, Minibomb.[/Spoiler]
((Okay, I was trying to encourage you subtly but I'm going to level with you. It doesn't look like you're trying hard enough.

Please skim over this thread. The two people RPing are low level with 3 actions but they still manage to pump out vivid stories of their exploits. You just seem to be describing what your actions are.

I'm not saying that you should write as much as they do and I'm not even saying that the longer your post, the better it is. I'm saying that you should try to get more character interaction going, decribe thoughts, feelings, colours, the surroundings or whatever else comes to mind when you imagine this fight playing out.

IN GENERAL, the 'better' your RP is, the better you do. Of course, the opposite is also true that you might be penalized for a poor post.))
((Sorry, I've had a lot of work pile-up recently. I may not post as often as this summer.))
With its hind legs digging deeply into the floor, the virus leapt straight at Delta in a fast spinning dive. Delta tried to dodge but he wasn't fast enough and the beast rammed past Delta while its swordy legs slashed him (-30). Though he was able to hit it with his Zapring before it got away, the small shock wasn't enough to completely paralyze it and it was still able to avoid the Minibomb that was tossed its way. Delta's armour repaired itself (+15) as one of the Champu gloves rematerialized over the Chimera's back.

Chimera: 260 HP [normal] [stun1]

Terrain: 40% Normal, 20% Cracked, 40% Broken

Delta.EXE: 100 HP [normal]
((Is this better? I think an IC explantion would be that Delta has gotten just a tad overconfident and stopped paying full attention to combat.))
The swords had gouged large chunks out Delta's armor, and through it too him. The
wounds hurt, but the pain wasn't just physical. He had been careless, allowed himself to be injured. If he continued to act this way, there was no way that he would win this fight. Time to buckle down."

Henry wasn't panicking yet, "Alright, you can still win this if you-"

Delta cut him off, "Send me a cannon. No sense in being careless right now." The gouges and scratches made by the virii's attacks began to vanish as his armor's self repair routines went to work.

Henry paused, then slotted in the chip.

Delta felt the wind on his face, looked up at his foe. He armed his buster and aimed it at the chimera, feeling the movement as metal plates were set into place to form the barrel of the weapon, and the trigger assembly was connected. As he loaded the cannon battlechip to his buster, the weapon charged with energy. The navi could practically feel the destructive potential...and he was willing to bet that it would barely scratch the beast that he was facing.

Delta quickly crouched and the leaped the left in an attempt to throw off the beast's aim. As he landed, the navi stopped himself hard, the jolt of landing not entirely cushioned by his armor. Taking careful aim while bracing himself, he prepared to fire. His aim was steady, and he felt sure that he would hit the monstrosity that he had been presented with. Again, he noted that he was going to have words with those who had hired him. However, first he had to attend to the task at hand...Delta fired, the sudden shock from the cannon's recoil shoving his arm back. Only a second later, Delta dismissed his weapon and began to quickly strafe the creature in an attempt to avoid it's blows.

*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
1. Dodge.
2. Cannon + Buff (40+16=56, knockback, AccA{Shot}) @ Chimera
3. Dodge.
HP: 100/140 HP
((Healed a total of 15 HP))
Signatures: Delta Sabre [>_], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used:Zapring, Minibomb, Cannon.[/Spoiler]
((That's much, much better. You don't have to focus too heavily on the combat, but if you want to that's fine. Especially for boss battles, the extra effort helps considerably.))

The Chimera tried to shake off the paralyzing effects of the Zapring but couldn't do it before Delta's Cannon blast slammed into it from the side (-56). It reeled, nearly being pushed into one of the crumbling Cracked panels but it resisted, thanks to its razor sharp hind legs. A second Champu glove regenerated itself above the Chimera as it prepared to launch itself at Delta in another rapid lunge. It roared and galloped forward, but Delta had already seen the attack only moments ago and was able to predict exactly where it was going and how to escape it unharmed. His armour repaired itself (+15), having the time to do so.

Chimera: 204 HP [normal]

Terrain: 40% Normal, 15% Cracked, 45% Broken

Delta.EXE: 115 HP [normal]
While his armor continued to work at repairing itself, Delta quickly sent as message to Henry as he strafed the chimera, [Alright, I could use a shotgun and another cannon now.] While he waited for Henry to send the chip, Delta stopped to the side of the virus. He looked over the beast, wondering what other abilities it had in store.

As soon as the first chip was ready, Delta loaded it and formed his buster with his left hand. Aiming the weapon at his opponent, the Navi used his right hand to steady his aim as braced himself. As the second chip became available, Delta fired, the recoil again shoving his arm back and up while the pellets of energy sped towards his target. Almost immediately, Delta loaded the second battlechip to the weapon and pulled it down so that it again aimed at the chimera's center of mass. The weapon almost seemed to glow as it again charged with energy. As soon as he had a good shot, Delta fired again, sending a bolt of energy at the combination virus, and wrenching his arm up form the recoil.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]
Actions:
*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
1. Dodge.
2. Shotgun (50, spread1, AccA{Shot}) @ Chimera
3. Cannon + Buff (40+16=56, knockback, AccA{Shot}) @ Chimera
HP: 115/140 HP
((Healed a total of 15 HP))
Signatures: Delta Sabre [#>], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used:Zapring, Minibomb, Cannon *2, Shotgun.[/Spoiler]
The Chimera stopped its speedy movements and stood stalwart, opening its jaws at Delta. The two Cannons on its shoulders began to charge up and it began to launch a barrage of fireballs and cannonshells at the navi. He was able to avoid most of the projectiles but was struck by two (-15) (-15). Of course, standing totally still to unleash its onslaught made it susceptible to Delta's Shotgun and powered Cannon (-50) (-56). Delta came out on top of that exchange but a third Champu glove regenerated above the virus. Delta's armour similarly regenerated from the damage it sustained (+15).

Chimera: 98 HP [normal]

Delta.EXE: 100 HP [normal]
After firing his chips, Delta dropped to his knees and gasped for breath. Henry nervously asked, "You alright?"

Delta took a few seconds longer to catch his breath, then gulped and said, "Yes, those attacks just hit me with unexpected force. If you would be so kind as to send me a rageclaw, I believe that I can end this contest of force." With that, Delta stood up and dismissed his buster, as his armor repaired some of the damage that he had taken.

Henry quickly tapped that PET's screen, preparing the melee chip for use. As the program was loaded to Delta's combat systems, Henry refocused his attention on the battleground.

As the rageclaw became available, Delta activated it, causing three steel claws to sprout from the back of his left hand. Immediately, he charged forward and leapt towards the chimera, aiming his jump to land on the creature's back.

As he landed, Delta brought his claw around in an arcing slash, attempting to carve a piece out of the virus' hide. Slamming his right foot down to arrest his momentum, the navi then prepared to attack once more by turning his wrist until the sharp edges of the claws were pointed once more at his target.

Delta stepped slashed again, this time moving his left foot outwards as he did so, putting as much power from his muscles as he could muster behind the blow, which was intended to finish off the chimera and end the combat.

*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
1. Dodge / Attempt to leap onto the Chimera's back.
2. Rageclaw (40, Slashing, AccB{Melee}) @ Chimera
3. Rageclaw + Buff (40+16=56, Slashing, AccB{Melee}) @ Chimera
HP: 100/140
((Healed 15 HP))
Weapons: Rageclaw [L:####<<]
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active].
Battlechips used: Zapring, Minibomb, Cannon *2, Shotgun, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]

((This won't finish off the chimera, but it will leave it at 2 HP or so.))
A fourth flaming fist materialized over the virus as it dug its hind legs into the ground to brace itself. It began to unleash the familiar barrage of Champu gloves that Delta had seen before. He attempted to dodge them as he rushed to leap onto its back but even as the navi was learning from this battle, so was the virus. All four gloves found their way to hit Delta, dealing massive amounts of damage (15) (15) (15) (15).

Nevertheless, his healing program kept him going (+15) and granted him the strength to make the jump. He landed on the beast, facing backwards, but alive. Naturally, it tried to buck Delta off but two swift Rageclaw strikes seemed to take the fight out of it. It was still very much alive but collapsed in a slump.

As it lay with Delta riding it, it whimpered as if to yield.

Chimera: 2 HP [normal]

Delta.EXE: 55 HP [on chimera's back] [Rageclaw: 4 uses]
The Chimera's collapse knocked Delta, already unsteady from the blows he had received, to his knees. He groaned as he rubbed his head with his right hand, "...that was somewhat painful. Now what? I'm not sure I can capture this thing, and if I delete it we may lose the data that we've collected."

Henry looked down at the beaten beast, then began to speak, "Spare it. We can probably get it to follow you...from there, I'm not sure."

Delta looked down at the chimera, then sighed. "Great. Well, maybe our employer can figure this out." After a short pause, the navi spoke up again, asking, "Well, can you link the chimera to our PET somehow? To keep an eye on it, or even as a kind of leash?" The navi then looked up and around for any signs of a further threat.

Henry immediately began typing, saying, "I'll see what I can do," as he did so. Delta crawled over to the edge of the chimera's back and slipped off it to sit alongside it.

((I'm going to stop combat for now, since the chimera seems to be under control. Is there any way to 'leash' it to the PET for monitoring and control purposes?))
To Henry's frustration, his PET was specifically programmed to keep viruses out. Actively 'leashing' or storing the Chimera there was out of the question. Despite being beaten to near-deletion, the virus stirred, resistant to follow Delta but also too weak to fight. It simply lay in a slump, glaring at the navi angrily.

Chimera: 2 HP [normal]

Delta.EXE: 55 HP [normal]

[Battle 5 - End...]

Get: Nothing
((Do I still have the isolation module?))
After only a minute or so of waiting, a point of blue light appeared in front of Delta. Within a few seconds, the point had grown horizontally into a line, then vertically into a screen showing Henry from the perspective of his computer. The netop looked shook his head and said, "Sorry. The PET's designed to keep viruses out."

Delta leaned back and closed his eyes. Without opening them, he opened a channel to the mission BBS at the netsquare and posted a query to the thread he had gotten the mission from. "I'm requesting advice from our employer now. Hopefully, they will know what to do with the Chimera." Opening his eyes and leaning forward again, Delta closed the connection. "I don't think that we can just bring a virus, especially one like this, into the NetSquare."

With that statement, Delta leaned back again to wait.