Virus Trapping

[From Netsquare>Waiting for a Mission]
Delta looked around as he exited the portal. He then asked Henry, "Shall we get this show on the road? I am wondering what was meant by unique virii."

Henry shrugged, saying, "We'll see, hopefully."

Delta walked away from the portal to start his search.

[Mission Start - Battle 1]
{All systems ready to roll.}
It's not long before Delta spotted a few native viruses off the beaten path - Two Metools and an OldStove. They seemed content minding their own business, which happened to be randomly attacking of the network. They had not yet noticed Delta's advance or if they did, they didn't care.

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
OldStoveA: 50 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Delta.EXE: 140 HP

[Battle 1 - Begin!]
Delta slowed down when he spotted the virii, and send a message to Henry, [We've got company. Two metools and an oldstove. I personally think that we should deal with them, as they are damaging the network.]

Henry yawned, then replied, "Very well. I'll send you a shotgun and a cannon." Reaching over to his computer, he tapped a few keys, readying the battlechips.

When Delta felt the chips arrive, he readied his buster in his left hand and loaded the cannon. Pointing the weapon at the nearest metool, he fired, the cannon spitting a blast of energy at the virus with a loud bang. "Now that I have your attention...," he said to the virii, loading the shotgun and pointing it at the oldstove.

Trying to adjust his aim to hit the other metool as well, Delta fired, launching a burst of shot downrange. He then held his buster at the ready, and prepared himself to avoid any retaliation the virii might make if they had survived.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]
Actions:
1. Cannon (40, Knockback, Acc A) @ MetoolA
2. Shotgun (50, Splash1, Acc A) @ Oldstove +splash} MetoolB
3. Dodge.
HP: 120/120
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Standby].
Battlechips used: Cannon, Shotgun.[/Spoiler]
((When I said you needed to capture 'unique' viruses, I meant any viruses but only one of each.))

The first Metool was caught completely off guard by the Cannon though the other two were at least able to face their attacker before being simultaneously deleted. Some zenny was left over but other than that, there was nothing special about the fight.

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
OldStoveA: DELETED

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: 400z
((Yeah, I though you meant one of a kind virii.))
Delta reformed his hand and kept walking, not even pausing as he scooped up the reward data. "We'll see what we find next," he said to Henry.
[Battle 2]
{All systems operating at peak efficiency.}
((bump))
An array of cannons appeared on the horizon with their muzzles all directed at Delta.

CannonDumbA: 50 HP
CannonDumbB: 50 HP
CannonDumbC: 50 HP
CannonDumbD: 50 HP

[Battle 2 - Begin!]
Delta stopped as he spotted the turrets, sending a message to Henry, [Please send me a Shotgun and a minibomb.]

Henry slotted in the chips, then said, "I think you're going to have to whittle the last one down with your buster. All the chips are too powerful for you to use."

Delta nodded, then turned to the left and circled the turrets until two of them were lined up for a shotgun blast. Turning back to the cannons, he loaded the chip and aimed his buster at the virii. The navi paused a moment, then fired, the muzzle of the buster flaring up as the burst of shot was fired toward the unlucky virii.

Reforming his left hand, Delta loaded the minibomb. A sudden weight in his hand told him that the explosive was ready. Delta took careful aim at one of the cannons, gauging how hard he would need to throw the grenade, then pulled back his arm and hurled it overhand at the turret.

[spoiler=Turn Summary]Actions:
1. Tactical movement to line up cannons A & B.
2. Shotgun (50, Spread1, Acc A) @ CannonA +spread} CannonB
3. Minibomb (60, Blast1, Acc C) @ CannonC
HP: 140/140
Signature attacks: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Standby].
Battlechips used: Shotgun, Minibomb.[/Spoiler]
Delta was able to take out two of the CannonDumbs with a well aimed Shotgun blast and deleted a third with a Minibomb. The last cannon was slow to turn and face Delta but merely focussed its aim as it caught up with the navi.

CannonDumbA: DELETED
CannonDumbB: DELETED
CannonDumbC: DELETED
CannonDumbD: 50 HP [take aim]

Delta's eyes widened as he saw the turret take aim at him. He waited for the cannondumb to fire at him, then leaped out of the way of the shot as it did. Well, if this doesn't work, we'll see if my self repair does. Rolling aside, he aimed his buster at the virus, and rapidly fired four shots at it. That's not going to be quite enough to catch it...I'm going to need to think of something.

1. Dodge.
2. Buster shot + Buff (3*2*2=12+16=28) @ CannondumbD
3. Buster shot (3*2*2=12) @ CannondumbD
HP:140/140
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Standby].
((Buff can't be used with your buster

Quote ()

Ability: Buff. Add (Level + 10) damage to any one chip attack or SP's regular attack as a free action. (Once Per Turn)
Also, try to avoid indicating if and when the virus attacks, even if it seems inevitable.))

Delta attemptted to dodge but didn't quite make it out of the way as the CannonDumb still managed to clip his side. In retaliation, the navi performed a rapid fire volley of buster shots, all hitting the immobile turret.

CannonDumbD: 26 HP

Delta.EXE: 120 HP
((Oops...sorry.))
Delta was spun around by the knock back from the virus' shot. As he regained his balance, his armor began to repair the damage he had sustained. Aiming his buster, then navi fired two more shots at the turret, and then said, "Alright, I'm ready to catch the cannondumb...send me the trap."

Henry quickly readied the Isolation Module and sent it to Delta. "You're doing great," the operator said encouragingly.

Delta responded, "Thanks," before grabbing the box that had appeared. Pointing it at the cannon, he pressed the trigger on one of the handles, causing the box's front to open up and try to pull the virus inside. Delta, meanwhile, got ready to avoid any last ditch attacks the cannon might make. Checking his armor, he saw that it wasn't completely repaired.

1. Buster shot (12) @ CannondumbD
2. IsoMod.exe (Catch if HP<10) @ CannondumbD
3. Dodge.
HP: 135/140
{Heal15 from CRaHS}
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], Combat Repair and Healing System [Active]
((Also, please don't put your new HP after you've healed in your summary. You just need to put how much you healed.))

The weakened virus was further crippled by a few more buster shots before its data was ensnared by the mystery box. All that remained was picking up the rewards left behind.

CannonDumbD: [CAPTURED]

Delta.EXE: 135 HP

[Battle 2 - Victory!]

Get: 200z + Cannon Battlechip
((Alright, sorry.))
Delta quickly walked up to the reward and grabbed it. "Looks like another cannon and some zenny," he said as he examined it.

Henry looked at the reward as it was sent to the PET, "Not bad. Let's see what else we can find."

Delta nodded and started walking again, looking for more virii.
[Battle 3]
A wave of hot air greeted Delta as he progressed further, foreshadowing the fiery battle he would soon bear witness to. A large group of Champus and Spikeys were waging a firefight against a local force of navis. Both sides incurred heavy losses before the viruses managed to strike down the final navi defender. The remaining viral force wasn't that impressive especially since a few of them were already injured, but it was still fairly substantial for a single navi.

ChampuA: 20 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
ChampuC: 20 HP
SpikeyA: 50 HP [stun]
SpikeyB: 90 HP
SpikeyC: 40 HP

Delta.EXE: 135 HP

[Battle 3 - Begin!]
Delta glared across the field at the virii. "I've got a large group of virii here. They're weakened, but it could still be tricky."

Henry looked at the scene, then said, "I think that you could take them. I'll send you a shotgun and a minibomb to start." He then quickly did so, and sat back to observe.

Delta looked across the field, carefully considering each virus as a target. He eventually selected the least battered looking champu, and loaded the minibomb, creating the usual black sphere to appear in his right hand. Taking careful aim, he then threw the explosive as hard as he could at his target.

Looking at the other virii, the navi armed his buster and loaded the shotgun chip. Calmly selecting his target, the stunned spikey, Delta fired, launching a burst of shrapnel at the virus and whatever was unlucky enough to be behind it. Delta then prepared himself to avoid any retaliation that might come from the virii.

1. Minibomb (60, blast1, acc C) @ ChampuB
2. Shotgun (50, spread1, acc A) @ SpikeyA +spread} SpikeyB\
3. Dodge.
HP: 135/140 +15
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], CRaHS [Active:Heal 15
Battlechips used: Minibomb, Shotgun.[/Spoiler]
((You need to describe all of your actions to get their benefit - including passives and/or healing signatures.))

Having the benefit of sneaking up on the group, The Champu didn't see the Minibomb coming from behind and it was deleted in the blast. However, this alerted the rest of the mob and they quickly turned their attention to their attacker. As Delta readied his Shotgun, the group dispersed, with the exception of the stunned Spikey. It was taken down in an instant but nothing else was even remotely close enough to be caught in the splash. Delta dodged, but couldn't avoid the Spikey fireball (15) or the one-two combo from a Champu (2 x 10) - All he could do was heal some of the damage he had sustained (+15).

ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: 20 HP
SpikeyA: DELETED
SpikeyB: 90 HP

Delta.EXE: 115 HP
Delta winced as the attacks connected. Sending a message to Henry, he said, [Send me a Rageclaw please, I'm going to see how much damage I can do.] Stepping back to avoid the champus' fists, Delta waited for the chip to arrive, while his armor patched itself back together some more.

Henry slotted in the chip, then said, "Remember to keep one of the champus alive for capture. "I don't know that we'll get another chance." He then went back to watching the battle.

As the three claws sprouted from Delta's armored glove, he swung his left hand back. Stepping forward, he swung the claw forward in an attempt to scoop up one of the champus and hurl it towards a spiky.

After a moment's pause to catch his breath, Delta dashed at the other spike virus and slashed at it with the rageclaw.
1. Dodge.
*. Autoheal 15 HP
2. Rageclaw throw (20 each, acc B ) @ ChampuC +throw@ SpikyC
3. Rageclaw (40, acc B ) @ Spiky B
HP: 115/140
((Healed 15HP))
Weapons: Rageclaw [L:####<<]
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], CRaHS [Active]
Battlechips used: Minibomb, Shotgun, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]
((That better?))
Delta avoided one of the Champus only to charge at the other one with his new Rageclaw. His talons bit deeply into the virus's face, preventing it from escaping. With a wide sweep of his arm, the helpless virus was hurled towards one of the Spikeys. The canine virus sidestepped away just in time to avoid its ally but the thrown Champu bounced harshly against the floor and was deleted before its body came to a full stop.

A second rake of Delta's bladed hand gouged deep wounds along the other Spikey but failed to delete it, incurring its wrath and another fireball. Fortunately the light damage was undone by his healing abilities.

ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: DELETED
SpikeyA: DELETED
SpikeyB: 40 HP

Delta.EXE: 115 HP
Delta whirled around and attempted to smack one of the spiky virii with the back of his rageclaw, in the hope of catapulting it into the other virus. He then immediately swept the weapon back to try and finish off one of the virii as his armor's self repair systems kept steadily healing him. The navi was still calm as he leaped backwards out of melee range of the virii.

1. Rageclaw throw (20, accB) @ SpikyB +throw@ SpikyC
2. Rageclaw (40, accB) @ SpikyB
*. AutoHeal (Heal 15)
3. Dodge.
HP: 115/140
((Healed 15HP))
Weapons: Rageclaw [L:##<<__].
Signatures: Delta Sabre [##], CRaHS [Active]
Battlechips used: Minibomb, Shotgun, Rageclaw.[/Spoiler]