Where internet madness roams...

Validus streaked through cyberspace and landed on the familiar blue landscape of ACDC net. He landed with a small dome electrical shock around him. Startled, Validus tried brushing the sparks off. "What did you do?!" The Navi yelled at his operator.

"Eh, don't worry about it. It's just a graphical feature when you enter the net. Looks pretty cool, doesn't it?" Tsujsa replied brightly. Validus scowled. "Get rid of it the next time we go online."

Tsujsa shrugged. "Fine. Now let's go bust some viruses."
The greenhorn navi marched through the unknown net without a silver of doubt in his heart! He faced against his first foe, the Metools, simply minding their own business before they caught a glimpse of Validus. They brandished their pickaxes and their usual blank expression changed into something more serious!

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
MetoolC: 40 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Validus: 100 HP

-BATTLE ONE, START!-
((Uh.. I don't know if that's flavour text or anything, but just FYI, this is Validus's third time online c_c;; ))

"Metools? Well, this'll be a cakewalk." Validus said smilingly as he pulled the launcher up to bear. Releasing the safety, he aimed the launcher at one of the metools. "Ready to receive cannon chip, captain." The Navi said as he sight lock turn red as the metool was position right into the middle of the circle crosshair.

"Fire away, Validus!" Tsujsa said as he slotted in a cannon chip. The launcher began glowing blue as the cannon chip began to make the morphing changes onto the cannon's front. Pulling the trigger, the launcher fired a cannon shell straight for the metool. "First shot fired, ready for second attack!" The Navi said as he cocked the launcher, sending a cannon casing out, and began moving from his position to avoid getting hit by the shockwaves the metools sent by smashing their picks into the ground.

Tsujsa then slotted in the Shotgun chip. The launcher's frontal section then began to glow blue and morphed it's shape again. The barrel grew shorter, making it look like a shotgun. Validus aimed the shotgun at the second metool and pulled the trigger, sending a hail of lead straight for the virus.

Validus then stopped and eyed the third virus. Cocking the rifle again, this time a shotgun shell flying out, he aimed the launcher at the third metool, and flipped a switch on the side of the gun. The weapon began to morph back into it's original shape. "Validus, let's try gathering data from your launcher's firing modes. I've uploaded a specific data module for a specialized attack which you can use on your launcher."

"Did you change the weapon's attack?"
"Yeah, I tweaked with it a little, so give it a shot."

Validus nodded. He aimed the launcher at the final metool. Pulling a lever on the side of the launcher, the weapon began to unfold and reveal a long barrel. Validus squeezed the trigger on the launcher, and the entire weapon hummed with a white glow. The front end of the barrel began charging data particles into a ball, and then, once the display on the gun flashed green, Validus released his finger from the trigger. A beam suddenly erupted from the launcher, flying straight for the unfortunate metool. The recoil was violent enough to push Validus backwards slightly as the laser continued it's stream of energized data molecules.

Summary:
1. Cannon - MetoolA - 40 dmg
2. Shotgun - MetoolB- 50 dmg
3. Sig Attack, Valor Beam - Metool C - 40 dmg

Quote ()

Out of character:

Bumping for lack of inactivity. I need my training folks!
((Saying "[he] began moving from his position to avoid getting hit by the shockwaves the metools sent by smashing their picks into the ground" doesn't count as a dodge unless you spend an action towards it. Also, please don't RP viral actions, even if you think they're insignificant.))

The three Metools were quickly wiped out by the wave of gunfire and left behind some zenny and battlechip data.

MetoolA: DELETED
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: 200z + Guard1 battlechip
((Oh, uh sorry. My bad then.))

Validus pulled his launcher up and slung it across his back, the barrel still smoking, and yet, not causing any burns on Validus. "That takes care of that." The navi said grinningly. "Watch it Validus, detecting more heading your way." Tsujsa cut into his reverie suddenly.

"Brilliant. Ah well, no rest for the wicked." Validus muttered as he prepared himself to fight again.

((Question, are signatures automatically refreshed until the next battle or do I have to wait until two turns are done? ))
Validus was approached by a single Spooky virus who didn't look as if it posed much of a threat on its own. However that quickly changed when the Spooky raised its little arms and summoned up two Cactys from the ground in front of itself. It drifted further back and stuck its tongue out as if commanding its troops to do its dirty work.

CactyA: 70 HP
CactyB: 70 HP
Spooky: 30 HP

[Battle 2 - Begin!]
"What th-" Validus said halfway as he stared at the ghost-like virus, before it summoned out two... cactus's? "Watch it Validus, those things aren't as weak as the metools!"

"I know, I know! Proceeding to battle mode!" Validus cursed under his breath as h e unslung the launcher. It cooled down slightly now however. He raised it upwards, and then weapon began morphing as Tsujsa slotted in a Shotgun chip. Carefully aiming, he got into a position where the two Cactus-like viruses would be hit at the same time by the shotgun. Once he had the two in his sights, he fired the launcher, ending a hail of bullets at the two viruses.

"Validus, prepare to engage in melee combat." Validus groaned. He hated melee combat. But if it helps him to be victorious he wasn't going to complain. He slung back his launcher. Tsujsa then slotted in a Rageclaw chip and the right arm of Validus began flashing, before turning into something similar to a bear's claw. Validus surge forwards, sending his rageclaw into one of the cactus viruses.

Summary of actions:
1. Moving into position
2. Shotgun - 50dmg - CactyA, possible splash to CactyB
3. Rageclaw - 40dmg - Right in CactyA's face.
After moving to a better position, Validus let loose a Shotgun round that struck both Cactys. They quickly turned to face their attacker but one was deleted by a Rageclaw swipe. The other Cacty rolled its head at Validus while the Spooky healed the virus with its mystical powers.

CactyA: 50 HP
CactyB: DELETED
Spooky: 30 HP

Validus: 80 HP
"Ow!"
"Validus, are you alright?!"
"Took a minor hit. Nothing major."
"I see. Good then. Prepare to continue the assault!"

Validus nodded, and moved from his position, going straight for the next cacty. Rageclaw and the ready, he shouted a battlecry as he thrust his rageclaw into the Cacty, so that he could smash and finish off the cacty.

"Validus, prepare to receive cannon chip. Aim it at that... ghost thing." Tsujsa's voice came in. Validus nodded and unslung his launcher, bringing it up. As soon as the cannon chip was slotted in, the launcher changed it's shape once more, turning into a much wider and larger barrel.

Validus took aim with the launcher and aimed it at the ghost, and fired.

Summary of actions:
1- Rageclaw - 40dmg - Cacty
2- Rageclaw throw - 20++dmg - Cacty
3- Cannon - 40dmg - Spooky
After a quick initial slash to weaken it, Validus's second strike actually uprooted the Cacty from the ground. It quickly withered up and died while brutally impaled on his claw. With nothing left to protect it, the Spooky looked left and right trying to find something to hide behind. It began to raise its arms into the air yet again for another summoning ritual but Validus was too fast for that. His launcher's powerful blast decimated the Spooky in a single shot, leaving behind only a few zennies and an odd battlechip.

CactyA: DELETED
CactyB: DELETED
Spooky: DELETED

Validus: 80 HP

[Battle 2 - Victory!]

Get: 250z + Cactball1
"And that's all she sang for the night."
"It's still evening, Validus."
"I was speaking in metaphor."

Tsujsa shrugged. "Well, there's not much else to do. These viruses are being a rather huge pain." Validus nodded in agreement. "Hey, you're not the one getting injured, alright?"

"Well, yeah. Why don't we pop over to the Netsquare?"
"The Netwha?"
"Netsquare. It's where everyone gathers. If luck smiles on us maybe we can find someone else assist us."

Validus considered this in thought. "Having someone to work together while we tear through the net does sound like a good idea. Alright, let's go."

[Proceed to Netsquare]