So, bugs and fish rock out?

"Bah, swords..." Tara was jacked in, but she wasn't happy. "Isn't there some sword chip with long range?"

"Well, I know there's a really rare sword chip called VariableSword, and one of its moves involves a slicing projectile attack, but I doubt we'll ever get our hands on one." Over in the real world, Brandon shrugged. "But it's not like I'm going to make you use the sword chip and nothing else. Just a little back-up in case the enemy's good at defending against them!"

"...Whatever...can I get to searching now?"

"Sure. I'm ready when you are!"

"Whatever gets your mind off getting swords!" The cursor Navi began her usual search for viruses.

"Nothing could do that at this point!"

"Then to heck with you!"

(searching for Battle #1)
Well, it seemed like the regular welcome wagon had turned up.

Only if the welcome wagon's job was to run you over.

MetoolA: 40 HP
MetoolB: 40 HP
CanodumbA: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP
SpookyA: 50 HP

Target.EXE: 140 HP

--FIGHT FOR YOU LIFE!--
"And...this would be our cue to begin battling." Despite having found viruses, Tara's arm did not become her buster, but remained as a regular arm. "Let's see if I can take these things out in one swoop!"

"Well, it's really not an issue of whether you can, it's whether you are going to do it..."

"...It's an expression, okay?! Now send me some darn chips!"

"Roger that!" Brandon grabbed a trio of chips, then inserted one of them. "Battlechip!" He slotted-in another one. "Shotgun!" The last one made its way into his PET. "Triple slot-in!"

And the cursor Navi's arm directly became a blue blaster-like attachment. "Now let's do this!" She let out all three shots in fairly quick succession, taking a few moments before the second shot to lock on. "Well, that wasn't very hard."

"Stay alert, Tara! You should know as well as I do that something could very easily avoid getting nailed!"

"I dunno...I have a good feeling about this one!"

"And that's an excuse to not stay alert?"

"...You're no fun, you know that?!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on MettaurA (50, possible splash)
2-Shotgun chip attack on CanondumbA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Spooky (50, possible splash)]
Tara's barrage blasts one Metool apart, rends both Cannondumbs--and the Spooky pops out of the way just in time.

The remaining Met launches a shockwave at the overly optimistic Tara!

MetoolA: !DELETED!
MetoolB: 40 HP
CanodumbA: !DELETED!
CanodumbB: !DELETED!
SpookyA: 50 HP

Target.EXE: 130 HP
"Gah! That thing had to go and dodge, didn't it?" Needless to say, Tara wasn't overly pleased at the round's results. "Hey Brandon, how about a little something to take these guys out with?"

"Hey, you gotta factor in some viruses dodging! ...Well, maybe not a Mettaur, but a Spooky's capable of it! Now, here's something for said Spooky!" Brandon quickly inserted a chip into his PET. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi's arm became the blue cannon they both knew and loved. "Hmph! Dodge this, why don't ya?!" She spent a few extra moments locking onto it, then engaged in an attempt to blast the whatever's-in-a-Spooky out of the ghostly virus. "If it dodged that, I'm really gonna be mad..."

"Don't get too relaxed, there's still that Mettaur! Here, let's try that chip we got from virus busting at SciLab! Battlechip, FireHit! Slot in!"

"I was wondering when you'd use that. Come on FireHit, don't fail us now!" Tara launched a fiery punch at the final virus, then pointed her buster forward.

"Er, you know you attacked them all, don't you!"

"I know! But now I'm ready if something got out of the way!"

"...Sigh...when you shouldn't relax, you do, and when you should, you don't..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on Spooky (80) (Snipe used)
2-FireHit1 chip attack on MettaurB (60, Fire)
3-Snipe Laser sig attack on MettaurB (60) (if necessary)]
The Hicannon's aim was unerring, and the Spooky didn't stand a chance. The Metool raised its pickaxe to send a final desperation shockwave in Tara's direction, but the Firehit crashed into it before it could get off its attack.

MetoolA: !DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED!
CanodumbA: !DELETED!
CanodumbB: !DELETED!
SpookyA: DELETED!

--VICTORY ASSURED!--

Get: Cannon, 175z!
"Well, aside from that stupid Spooky, that went pretty well!" Tara began her usual 'transfer whatever was left after a battle' routine. "Hmm, we got chip data out of this! ...It's just a Cannon, but it's better than nothing, right?"

"Got that right!" A Cannon chip popped out of Brandon's PET, into his waiting hand. "The last time I checked, it beat using air any day!"

"Well, not if it's an AirShot or WindRacket..."

"...Oh sure, blame on me for a technic-oh wait, technicalities! That would be wind, not air!"

"..."

"Hey, you know it's true!"

"...Can I just do more searching? I think it's obvious I'm in good enough shape for more..."

"Be my guest! Or is it you just want to change the subject after getting countered like that?"

"...I'm going to start now..." The cursor Navi ventured slightly deeper into ACDC Net, on the hunt for more viruses to engage in deleting with.

"I'll take that as a yes!"

"..."

(searching for battle #2)
SpikeyA: 90 HP
SpikeyB: 90 HP
ShrubbyA: 50 HP
ShrubbyB: 50 HP
ShrubbyB: 50 HP
CanodumbB: 50 HP

--FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!--
"The Spikey...my mortal enemy!" Tara aimed her buster at one of them, but didn't shoot. "Brandon, let's get on it!"

"That's all fine and good, but we're waiting to take the Spikey down! Take down the other first, got it?"

"...All right...I guess that's a better plan..."

"That's more like it!" Brandon started the transfer of chip data over to his Navi. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Triple slot in!"

"Three? Aren't you the nice operator all of a sudden?"

"Hey, if it works, it works!"

"And I'm not arguing!" She aimed her Shotgun-ized arm towards the enemy, and fired thrice, taking extra special care on the last one. "Well, that does it for Shotgun."

"And that does it for my PET's processor for the moment! You know the drill by now!"

"Right...!" And the cursor Navi did what she always did in such a situation; brace herself for the counterattack...

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on CanondumbB (50, possible splash)
2-Shotgun chip attack on ShrubbyC (50, possible splash)
3-Shotgun chip attack on ShrubbyA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)]
Shotgun spam went flying in every which direction, taking out the chosen Canodumb and Shrubbies. The final Shotgun blast managed to send the remnants of the attack that had deleted the Shrubby past the mutilated virus and into the one standing behind it, taking that one out as well. The Spikeys, enraged, took off in opposite directions in a circle around Tara. One of them spat a fireball that nailed her square in the side.

SpikeyB: 90 HP
ShrubbyA: DELETED!
ShrubbyB: DELETED!
ShrubbyC: DELETED!
CanodumbB: DELETED!

Target.EXE: 100 HP
"Ow!" Tara winced as the flame attack nailed her, but soon smiled upon seeing Shotgun do its thing. "But, if it lets me see Shotgun pull tricks like that, it's worth it!"

"You and your fancy Shotgun..." Brandon sighed at his Navi's painfully obvious chip preference, then pulled out a different chip. "All right, here's something for you to take out that Canondumb with! Battlechip, FireHit! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi immediately launched the flaming punch attack at the cannon virus. "Okay, that takes care of that! Now to take care of those Spikey! Who are still my mortal enemy!"

"I know, I know...here, wail on it with this. Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

"With pleasure!" Walking the extra mile for the sake of accuracy, she paused before shooting a blast at the hated virus. "Now how about something to finish it off?"

"Nah, I have a better idea!"

"What could possibly be a better idea than that?!"

"This! Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

The defensive chip began shielding Tara, who was a bit surprised about the move. "Oh, so this is what you meant. So long as it helps bring down Spikey, I'm game for it!"

"Good, because it's kinda late now!"

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-FireHit1 chip attack on CanondumbA (60, Fire)
2-Hi-Cannon chip attack on SpikeyB (80) (Snipe used)
3-Guard1 chip (60-, Reflect)]
The Firehit, which probably would have worked perfectly for anyone else, repaid Tara by scything through the air just to the Canodumb's left. If it could have chlortled, the virus would have been doing so as it fired a shot toward the Navi. Tara had just enough time to launch off her HiCannon, bringing it to within an inch of its life, and pull up her Guard. The Canodumb's shot reflected off the shield, and nailed it for a portion of the damage that it had been spared by the Firehit's miss.

SpikeyB: 10 HP
CanodumbA: 30 HP

"...Did that thing just miss?" Tara stood there, somewhat shocked that it failed to do its job. "Hmm...although now that I think about it, it looked almost...unsure of where to hit. Maybe it works better on moving targets?"

"Maybe. We'll have to try it out some more later! But for now, let's focus on getting the weakened viruses out of the way!" While it hardly needed to be mentioned, Brandon started inserting chips into his PET. "Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!"

"Too bad we can't split the damage up any. We could take them both out with just one!" The cursor Navi's arm became shaped like the remaining Canodumb, then aimed at the virus with its own weapon. "But, chips don't work that way..." She took a shot at it, then turned towards the Spikey she had hit earlier. "Shall we finish this one with its own chip too?"

"The team of Brandon and Tara is always pro-irony!" The operator heeded his Navi's suggestion, and inserted a Spikey's chip. "Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

"Pro-irony and anti-Spikey!" She took careful before launching the fire attack at the dog virus. "That should be one down, one to go!"

"I never did get why you hate those things so much...I think they're kinda cool for viruses!"

"You'd never understand! Never!" Without waiting for a third chip, Tara fired a laser shot towards what was preferably the final virus.

"I'm not going to argue with that. and I don't think I ever want to prove you wrong on it, either..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Cannon chip attack on CanondumbA (40)
2-HeatShot chip attack on SpikeyB (40, Fire) (Snipe used)
3-Snipe Laser sig attack on SpikeyA (60)]
Irony served well. Both the Canodumb and the Spikey were wiped out by their own chips. Snipe Laser put an obvious dent in the last Spikey, but didn't quite kill it. The virus seemed to want to shoot back, but then thought better of it and dashed off in a strafing pattern.

SpikeyA: 30 HP
SpikeyB: DELETED!
CanodumbA: DELETED!

"Hey, hold still, so I can blast you!" Tara was doing her darnedest to get an accurate lock on the remaining Spikey, but didn't seem to be quite succeeding. "Okay...I think I've got the aim down...so send me something to finish it with!"

"Hmm...nah!"

"...What?! What do you mean, nah?!"

"It's weak now! Your buster can finish it off as well as a chip at this point!"

"Oh sure, make your Navi do all the work..." The cursor Navi began charging her buster, while still trying to maintain a proper sight on the Spikey.

"And who sent you all those Shotgun and Cannon chips earlier?"

"......Oh, here we go! Charge complete! Not sure if I've got a perfect aim, but it doesn't matter anymore..." She fired a single shot at the remaining virus... or so she thought. "Okay, that did it! At least I THINK it did..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Charge
2-Charge
3-Charge shot on SpikeyA (36) (Snipe used)]
Boom! The charged shot had plenty of power, and took the Spiky down a notch...permanently.

SpikeyA: DELETED!
SpikeyB: DELETED!
CanodumbA: DELETED!

--VICTORY ASSURED!--

Get: Heatshot x1, 200z!
"...Yep, it did. And I triumph over Spikey once more. Just the way things should be!" Tara's normal scanning of remaining data began. "......Huh, looks like we got a chip this time, too. And it's...a HeatShot!"

"HeatShot? Heh, perfect!" Brandon placed his new chip in his folder as his cash total decreased, then increased slightly. "Good news!"

"What?"

"Did some more trading during that battle. One of which was a HeatShot for a Shotgun. So if you consider what we got from that last battle, we got a Shotgun for nothing!"

"Really? Wow, that guy must've wanted a fire chip really bad..."

"I guess. Oh, and I also got a Recover10!"

"...And why did you do that?"

"Well, I checked the shop price for it earlier. I got this one for less than half what they're asking!"

"...Your money, I guess..."

"Hey, I thought it was a good deal, all things considered. At the very least, it won't hurt, will it?"

"I guess so...so, should I keep going? Or you wanna jack out for a little bit first?"

"Hmm...actually, there's somewhere else I wanna go! Jack out, and we'll head there!"

"Oh sure, and leave me in the dark about where this place is..."

Brandon pressed a button on his PET. "I'll tell you in a sec, just get back here!" And as a result of said button press, the cursor Navi disappeared from the Net without a trace.

(jacking out, back to ACDC Town)