Red and Binary

((This is your topic for the event. Post here when the confirmation is given.))
Suddenly, over a site in ElecTown that looked to have been used quite recently as a battlefield, a white, translucent ... something came flying from out of the horizon. On contact with the ground, it did not obey the normal laws of the Net, and instead of just splattering a ways from where it landed, completely covered the entire battleground in a gooey white film. To end the strange jack-in, a tornado of little 3d ones and zeroes shot from the opposite side of the horizon, landing in the gooey substance and staying there, making their normal routine patterns of speeding around in Binary, carrying with them system updates, notices of a successful jack-in to the area, and his thought processors.

"What the hell kind of jack-in was that?" a window with Chris' face on it shouted in alarm, banging his hand down on the table and upsetting half the coffee shop.

"UNABLE TO COMPREHEND!" Binary replied, just as loud, except in his usual robotic monotone.

"Well, uhh, yeah. So you're completely splattered across the whole area. Are you going to reassemble anytime soon?"

"INTERNET AREA RESEMBLES BATTLEFIELD! SIGNALS SHOW ORDINARY BODY ATTRACTS APPROXIMATELY 92.5413643961 PERCENT ATTENTION. CURRENT BODY ATTRACTS APPROXIMATELY 23.2890154317 PERCENT ATTENTION!" Binary explained.

"Laying low, huh? Good idea," Chris said, approving. He then sipped his coffee, aware of the glares he was being given from some of the other customers.
[Okay, it's time for modding, and Leon hasn't posted yet. Phoenix, do you want to wait a little longer -- if you guys get started late, I'll give you guys top modding priority to help you catch up -- or do you want to have your partner switched out with somebody else and get started?]
<(I'd gladly switch with someone else, anyone would do, provided they aren't like this new Gale guy or Hawkman or a compl3t3 n00b.)>
((COMPLETE N00B NOT FOUND! RS COMING IN!))

A column of crimson light smashed down on the net near Binary's formless spread of a bodice and revealed, Red_Riding_Hood.exe, head stuck in the ground.
"MMPH!" Red yelled as best as she could as she was stuck in the ground.
"Gah! Red! Use... Use the Cherry Blossom Spiral!" Shin suggested in panic, a window of his face the size of Red's head, popping up, which earned him a thumbs up from his navi.
"MMMMMMMMMPHHH!!!!" the crimson crusader shouted as she sent a swirling force of cherry blossoms and wind at the ground, breaking her free of the ground's imprisonment.
But what she saw next, could only be described as utter chaos. NetPolice and NetMafia navis firing at each other, at war.
"This is... just like... that time..." Red mumbled to herself, clutching her heart, as she stepped toward the battlefield in awe and horror.
Unfortunately for Binary, the red-caped wonder stumbled upon the white expansion of data on the ground, preventing her from moving.
"Ick... is this what my opponents feel like when I hit them with my caramel?" she mused, trying to get her feet out of the sticky substance.
"What... is that? Navi remains?" Shin wondered, staring at the odd formation of 0's and 1's splattered on the ground.
"Oh Duo, I think I might barf," Red started, feeling sick in hearing what she could possibly be standing in.

((JACK-IN POST))
<(:'D)>

For a while, Binary was just 'laying low', as Chris put it, but once Red stepped into him (he couldn't see her, of course), he did the first thing that came to mind:

Intercept the intruder.

Immediately, a white tentacle of ...whatever Binary's body was made of... shot up from the pool, wrapping around Red's legs. It then went on to wrap up, anaconda-style, the rest of her body, except her head.

The rest of the pool of Binary added it's assistance, adding itself to the tentacle until Red was pretty much completely encased in white, rubberish liquid substance with ones and zeroes swimming around in it, all except for her head, meaning that she could still talk, breathe (though Navis technically didn't need to breathe), and do anything else that required her head.

Once Red was all wrapped up nice and cozy, a large bump appeared on the Binary-stuff trapping her right shoulder. The bump eventually grew into what would be a neck and head impossible to define gender, had it been a real head. But this wasn't a real head, this was Binary's head.

And with Binary's head, came Binary's voice, which unfortunately for Red was right in her right ear. "STATE OFFICIAL MONIKER AND OPPONENT IN CURRENT NETBATTLE ROUTINE!" he shouted in his incredibly loud, incredibly robotic monotone.

"Binary, what the hell's going on?" Chris then decided to ask; his face popping up on a window that let him see into the Net. As soon as he saw Binary wrapped up around Red like he was, he spat out a large quantity of coffee and started beating his chest to get his airways unclogged with the same liquid. "Dude, what the hell are you doing? Let her go, why don't ya?" he sputtered.

"UNIDENTIFIED INTERNET-NAVIGATOR IS INTRUDING UPON ELECTRIC-TOWN NETWORK! CANNOT ALLOW ESCAPE UNTIL INTERNET-NAVIGATOR IS IDENTIFIED!" Binary replied to Chris, still loud and robotic as ever.

Chris slapped his forehead and looked not at Binary, but Red and Shin."My name's Chris, and that's my Navi, Binary," he said, pointing to the mass of white substance when he introduced Binary. "Sorry for this, but you're gonna have to answer him for him to let you go. If you didn't understand him, he wants to know your name, and if you're fighting for the Netpolice or Netmafia," he announced to the red-caped Navi sheepishly.
((Now I know how darkstar feels. ): ))

"Ah! AGH!" Red screamed as Binary wrapped himself around her.
"Red! What the-?" Shin hollered before Binary formed his own head on Red's shoulder and began to speak very loudly.

Quote (Binary)

"STATE OFFICIAL MONIKER AND OPPONENT IN CURRENT NETBATTLE ROUTINE!"

"Uh... um... wh-wha?" the crimson crusader stuttered, totally not understanding what Binary was asking, probably due to the blasting volume that he asked it in her right ear. Of course this was cleared up by Chris:

Quote (Chris Lemrock)

"My name's Chris, and that's my Navi, Binary," he said, pointing to the mass of white substance when he introduced Binary. "Sorry for this, but you're gonna have to answer him for him to let you go. If you didn't understand him, he wants to know your name, and if you're fighting for the Netpolice or Netmafia," he announced to the red-caped Navi sheepishly.

"Oh, well, that makes sense," Shin remarked, staring awkwardly at his navi's position, immediately reminded of Stunt's binding technique used not too long back. He shuddered, then took a deep breath, and answered.
"I'm Fujiwara Shin, and this is..." Shin began as Red chimed in.
"Red_Riding_Hood.exe! I will fight for great justice! So the NetPolice of course!" the wind navi exclaimed cheerfully, before continuing to struggle with her bonds. "Now, could you please release me Mr. Binary?" she asked with the best puppy face one little cute girl could ever manage.
Does that navi even have a gender? Shin thought, sweatdropping as he stared at the unusual configuration of the navi.
<(From here on, I shall now be referring to Binary's body-substance as gel.)>

Chris wiped the bit of sweat that had collected on his forehead as he listened to Red's response. "Thank God. Now I don't have to worry about wondering if you're a friend or foe. Well met, Red, Shin," he said, raising his mug of coffee in place of a wave. Then, for a few seconds, he waited. Then, he sighed, "Binary, let her go already."

"AFFIRMATIVE!" Binary replied. Then, in one fluid action, his head turned into an incredibly massive tentacle of data, which shot off the gel mass and hit the ground, staying there and creating a sort of bridge for the rest of the mass and the pool he'd created earlier to follow and reassemble. The gel of the pool rapidly tumbled over itself, making sure to make a gap so that Red wouldn't be swept up in the current. At the same time, the gel mass followed the tentacle, drifting off the red-caped wonder and landing in the pile of gel that was the converging point for Binary. The result was a gigantic mass that could easily hold twenty-odd Navis within it and still have room for the black digits inside to swim around with plenty of personal space for each.

Without stopping movement at all, the mass of gel started to twist, shrink and compact into a smaller space, signalling that Binary was about to form. It rather looked like a giant white upside-down tornado, reaching up towards the sky and growing thinner and thinner with every meter it climbed.

When the giant pillar of gel was as thin as an average Navi sans arms, and reaching up so far you could swear it touched the top of the digital sky, it started shrinking down at a rapid pace, still without having altogether ceased movement once in the whole process. After about ten seconds, the pillar had shrunk down to just above the height of a standard NormalNavi, and was changing for a final time. Arms and hands sprouted, a torso grew, and a faceless head appeared.

Binary had gone from being all over the place (rather literally) to being in his compact normal form, the whole process having taken about thirty seconds total. He looked same as ever, still made of the white gel, same old digits floating around within him, same way his body just fell from the upper torso into the ground, and he still looked completely impossible to place in a gender; far too masculine a body for a female, and far too feminine a body for a male.

"SIGNS OF RECENT NETBATTLE ROutines everywhere! Time until Netbattle Routine resumes: Uncertain! Addition: Formal title unnecessary!" Binary called, then noticed that his home-brewed voice program, while still incredibly robotic, monotonous, and overall downright primitive, it had just become standard in volume. "Unexpected situation!" he monotoned to Chris.

Chris was visible with a holographic screen in front of him, with a hologram of what was unmistakably a volume switch in front of him. "Took me a while to find where I'd put this thing," he commented lightly, "Anyway, Red, sorry about that whole episode; hope you can forgive Binary, but I didn't exactly think to give him that much of a moral code when I made him. Now that I think about it, I didn't give him much of anything except for as massive a memory capacity as I could code," he apologized, sweatdropping. Clearing it up, he asked the other Netop/Navi pair, "Well then, shall we look for some action instead of getting jumped by who knows what?"

Binary's lower body morphed, the gel anchoring him to the ground becoming a giant snake tail so he'd be able to move.
"Apology accepted," the NetOp/Navi pair chimed in unanimously.
"For great justice!" Red bellowed, punching forward toward the battlefield. "Come on Binary-san! Let's get going!" the wind navi prompted her partner.
That formation, was kind of overdoing it, Shin thought, sweatdropping as he turned his window off.

((Battle 1 or whatever, ready))
Not far away, a pinpoint of light appeared.

It quickly grew in intensity and expanded into the approximate shape of a Navi. Suspended above the ground by unseen means, the Navi-light seemed to have its back turned to Red and Binary. It was worriedly watching the flashes of energy and elemental power that were erupting a short distance away in front of a tall, austere building housing a banking server.

Suddenly the Navi-light spun around to face Red and Binary. Its eyes were no more than huge black holes in its face. The light immediately compacted itself and vanished.

A tape recorder hit the ground at such an angle that the Play button was depressed on impact.

"Who are you?" asked the voice of an adolescent male over the crackling speaker. "A non-fixed and a little girl's Navi...? Never mind, I'll deal with you later."

Inexplicably, the tape recorder morphed into a toy helicopter. While the two civilians gaped, the helicopter clopped away towards the scene of the battle.

"You stop right there, bastard!"

There was a gunshot somewhere very close, and the toy helicopter was blasted out of the air by a ball of flame. The charred helicopter transformed into a medieval shield that spun across the ground. A Navi that had been standing unobtrusively nearby grinned and blew a thin streamer of smoke away from one of his two long-barelled pistols. The one in his off-hand was shaped like a wolf's head; the one that he had shot down the helicopter with was in the form of a roaring lion.

The battlefield that the helicopter had been heading for fell silent.

The shield turned into the tape recorder again. "What the hell was that for, Evinn!?" demanded the voice. The attacking Navi strode towards the downed recorder, pointing both pistols at it in a threatening manner. The Navi wore an orange hunting coat trimmed with grey fur, a pair of camouflage pants, and a smirk. The tape recorder flipped up onto its end and turned into an assault rifle that propped itself up, aiming at Evinn.

"I've switched, Item," he said simply.

A bolt of rainbow light slammed into the ground next to Evinn and synthesized into another Navi. This one was female, heavily armored, and completely greyscaled. She folded her arms as she glowered at Evinn.

"What are you doing?" the newcomer demanded. Evinn snorted, but did not lower his pistols. Item the assault rifle remained trained on the Navi that had attacked him.

"None of your business, Gray."

"You're wasting time here," the greyscaled Navi pressed. "We need to get moving. Mammothman has been deleted. His contingent needs help."

The assault rifle grew a loudspeaker. "Evinn, what are you doing with her!?" Item wailed. "You went to the Mafia!?"

"EVINN!" Gray bellowed, pointing to Red and Binary. For the first time, Evinn looked up and saw the civilians. His face froze into a mask of shock and fury. Gray simply frowned at Binary and Red. The air around her fist ripped, and a blade of shifting rainbow light shot out, as if all the colour that she lacked could be channeled into a sword.

"We're going to have to delete them, aren't we?" Evinn remarked in a strangled voice. Gray nodded shortly. She reached into her armour, pulled out something small and round, and threw it at the ground between the two Mafia goons and the civilians. The capsule exploded open with a roar of air, expelling a massive cloud of data at high velocity. Individual packets sorted themselves out and solidified into a troop of viruses, all of them looking keen for slaughter.

----+

Item (assault rifle): 250 HP

Evinn: 250 HP
Gray: 300 HP

BillyEXA: 120 HP
BillyEXB: 120 HP
MetoolEXA: 70 HP
MetoolEXB: 70 HP
HardheadEXA: 100 HP
HardheadEXB: 100 HP
CanodumbEXA: 90 HP
CanodumbEXB: 90 HP
ChampuEXA: 120 HP
ChampuEXB: 120 HP
ScarecrowEX: 140 HP

Red: 190 HP
Binary: 160 HP

Evil or good? HERE WE GO!
BATTLE ONE START!
Chris' right eyebrow was quirked up for the entire scene involving the transforming toy helicopter, and the two Navis that, from what he'd been able to tell, had defected over to the Mafia but were reluctant to do so if what he'd picked from Evinn's voice was right. "Non-fixed?" he remarked lightly, the impossibly black line of hair finally disappearing into his shoulder-length pelt he had on his head. "Well, Binary, what do you say? Up for a good fight?" he asked his Navi.

"Affirmative!" Binary confirmed, "Combined HP value of viruses and InternetMafia InternetNavigators: 1690! Approximately 1.4 times greater than HP value of InternetNavigator Unit: Mailman.EXE!" he then rattled off.

"Only that much higher with a crowd this big? Shouldn't be much of a problem, considering we've got an ally on our side. If her confidence is any indicator, she's also pretty strong, probably stronger than you. Not only that, but we've also got, well, I'm guessing it's a Netpolice Navi on our side, even if it is a bit, well, yeah," Chris said. "Alright, then, let's get down to work. Shin, was it? From a glance at my folder, I can immediately take care of..." he stopped to take a look at the virus crowd, "the two Billies, the Scarecrow, and if I'm lucky, the Mets, plus some possible damage to a few others," he rattled off.

"Battlechip data required!"

"Oh, right," Chris said. Quickly, he took out the Boomerang, and one of his much-used ElecReels. After some consideration, he decided to throw in the Guard as well. "Alright, Binary. Firstly, do a quick check of your Level 0 and 1 Process Upgrades," he ordered.

Binary took a nanosecond to examine the contents of the PU, then immediately said, "Data upgraded!"

"That's right. Now, what I want you to do is hurl the Boomerang at the Billies, simple as that; maybe try to hit more than just them if you wish. Then, you'll notice that Streamline's been changed. I made it into something I call the External Memory Program, or EMP for short. Basically, what you have to do is pump as much data into the EMP as you can; it can hold a lot more than you could with your Untapped Power. Then attach the Program to the ElecReel, Streamline the result, and fire it at the Scarecrow. After that, use the Guard I sent you," he explained quickly, knowing that Binary would get it. Still, just because he was used to saying it after making a verbal list of instructions to a lackey at SciLabs, he asked, "Got it?"

"Affirmative, commencing Battle Routines!" Binary said, readying himself for what would probably end up being the toughest one he's had yet.

Readying the Boomerang data, Binary turned his too-feminine/too-masculine head to face the Billies. According to Chris, they were to be his first targets. At first he wondered how to use the Boomerang; it was a bit tricky to pull off, but then he got an idea. He raised his right arm, and placed it on, had he been a human, his left bicep, giving it a light tug. The limb gave way easily, and tore off Binary's body to hang limp in his hand, slightly merging with it.

"I'm not recoding that arm for you, you know," Chris said, downing the rest of his coffee and turning back to the counter, asking for a refill. He didn't really have anything on his mind except for, "This coffee is freaking awesome!"

The drooping limb in Binary's slim hand started to move, even when it was torn off. The hand disappeared, and the arm bent into a ninety-degree angle. The finer curves of the arm disappeared, and Binary was then just holding what looked like one of his usual tentacles. However, this one would be different. The ends of the tentacle sharpened into points, while an edge grew on the inside and outside of the arm, making it into a very effective boomerang.

At the same time, the arm holding the new weapon started stretching and coiling around Binary's body, eventually wrapping himself up in the arm. With one final action, the arm suddenly started unwrapping from Binary's body, gaining great speed rapidly and making the boomerang-arm spin rapidly around him, making him temporarily into a sort of buzz saw. Of course, he wasn't trying to be a buzz saw. He was trying to hurl the boomerang at the Billies, like Chris had told him to. Finally, his arm had stopped unravelling, and just as it was about to cross over and start wrapping up the other side, Binary sent the Boomerang flying at vicious speeds towards the Billies.

Chris didn't say anything, all he did was sip his coffee quietly and wait for the next round. This'd be interesting. He also wanted to see how Binary's partner would do.

Binary, however, wasn't present at the moment. He hadn't even been conscious while throwing the Boomerang. He'd actually been away from the battle entirely, in the security of his inner systems. He'd found the External Memory Program (EMP for short) tucked away in his Level 0 PU file, where the old Streamline used to be. He'd learned about twenty seconds ago how to funnel energy from his own systems into the EMP using the same mechanics as he used when he used his Untapped Power, and had been funneling energy into it ever since. From what he could see, it was almost full, and ready to load.

Done loading energy into the EMP, Binary withdrew from his inner sanctum and loaded his second, more familiar chip: the ElecReel. Powerful, static energy loaded up within him, filling his body with bright blue and yellow sparks that were just as dazzling as any fireworks display. They frantically searched for a weak point in the firewall that kept all his data inside Binary, and would've quickly escaped had he not made a quick patch over where his arm had once been. Quickly, he made a tentacle sprout up over the patch to better focus the soon-to-come ElecReel towards the Scarecrow, and attached the EMP to the data as well. Immediately, blinding white sparks lit up among the blue and yellow already in Binary, making him even more dazzling to the eye. Quickly, Binary accessed the search engine hidden within his first additional PU. Scanning the Scarecrow's various lines of code, he got as good of a lock as he could onto the virus, pointed the tentacle he'd made at the Scarecrow, released the patch, and hoped for the best. Chris, meanwhile, slapped on a pair of sunglasses he found in what appeared to be hammerspace.

True the electricity was threatening, but what was truely awesome about the attack Binary had just pulled off were the lights. Bright white, blue, and yellow lights shot from the tentacle-wire-whatever like a personal fireworks show, multiplied by about a thousand. Then, everything went white for Binary; his optics had been completely screwed over by the light show he'd made for the world to see. Of course, without being able to see, he couldn't see if he'd actually hit anything with the ElecReel, but there was quite a chance he had; those sparks were incredible!

With nothing else to do, he simply loaded the Guard. Lines of black code appeared around Binary. Planting themselves over him, they arced over each other to hit the ground on the other side, effectively making a soothing dome of protective code over the white figure.

Chris, glasses brought from hammerspace still on, just went on sipping his coffee.

*Streamlined... (+1 accuracy to ElecReel1)

1. Boomerang1 to BillyEX's (60x2, can possibly hit more for 60)

2. External Memory Program (add 60 DMG to ElecReel1)

3. Streamlined EMP'd ElecReel1 to ScarecrowEX (140, can possibly hit more for 80)

4. Guard1 (reflect up to 60 damage to one virus)
Red and Shin each raised an eyebrow at Item's appearance, and quickly raised their other eyebrow at the bickering talk of Evin, Gray, and Item, before letting their hair above their eyes fall down to their original positions, letting their mouths drop open at the sheer amount of viruses before them.

"I-I-I th-th-think... M-m-myun will stay out of th-th-this one for the m-m-moment...." Red stammered, possibly amazed by the crapload of enemies she and Binary had to face.

"Yeah... sure," Shin started, in almost the same frightened tone as his navi had, but then reverted back to a more relaxed tone of voice.

"How can you be so calm! I mean! Their forces are clearly over any damage output we can manage usually," the crimson crusader exploded furiously, not getting why her operator could be so cool in the face of so many enemies.

"Sometimes," Shin started, buying a glass of ice-cold lemonade from the stand of some Netopian elementary school kids and paying for it. "We need to cool down, and think," he ended, taking a sip of his lemonade. "It'll be refreshingly chilly," the self-proclaimed Ace NetOp stated, taking another sip.

"Cool down... and think..." Red repeated to herself, and only to herself, which then sprang up an idea. "Shin... you aren't thinking...?" the red-caped wonder gaped as her operator nodded.

"Yeah, you finally get it don't you?" Shin asked nonchalantly, slotting in three chips. "Go get 'em."

"Roger that!" the wind navi replied, charging enthusiastically into the fray of viruses, stopping in the middle of the group, and finally slamming both of her hands down on the ground, spreading snow and ice across to floor in an attempt to encompass most of her enemies.
"You all need to," Red started, positioning her right foot forward, her hands spread out to her sides. "Cool down!" the crimson crusader yelled, bringing her hands forward and clapping them together. "Suiryuu Shourai!" she bellowed, and at that moment, two colossal tidal waves erupted from the icy ground and rushed at the Hardheads and Canondumbs, threatening to deal some critical damage and freeze them over if they were washed under Red's powerful torrent of nature.

"Fuuka Shourai," the wind mistress murmured as the wind from Electown's netscape swirled around the navi and made her slide along the ice, attempting to dodge any incoming attacks from enemy Mafiosi forces.

And that, was how there became a chilly place in the fiery chaos of the Electown's warzone.

Turn Summary
1. Tactical Moment: Position Red near the HardHeadEX and CanondumbEX group
2. IceZone [Change a good portion of the terrain around Red to Ice Panels]
3. Wideshot1 to HardHeadEXA,B [60 Aqua DMG, Freeze (Ice)]
4. Wideshot1 to CanondumbEXA,B [60 Aqua DMG, Freeze (Ice)]
*Gust: Dodge (Rank increased from Ice Panels)

((<Dies from headache and overexhaustion>))
((OKAY MOM! WHAT THE HECK? SOME MODDING PLEASE! THANK YOU!))
[Sorry sorry sorry sorry gomen nasai!]

Everybody started to move at once.

Item locked onto Gray and opened fire. Only a quick duck into a deep crouch saved her from multiple head wounds. Her sword of shifting colour snapped forward and tore a long rent in the side of the assault rifle; Item went spinning away, changed into a paper airplane, and was carried on the digital wind out of Gray's range.

Meanwhile, Binary's Boomerang tore right through the pack of Billies with a flurry of leaves. The spike-armed viruses were reduced to bits quicker than they could blink. Just as the Boomerang began to lose momentum, a Metool chose that moment to wander into its path; the virus was sent flying, but despite its lacerations, landed still in one piece. A Champu warped out of nowhere in front of Binary and smashed its burning fists down on his nose.

Red moved into place next to the Hardheads and the Canondumbs. The panels directly around her immediately frosted over. The first of the Wideshots skimmed across the ice, slamming into the Hardheads. There was a great crackling, and the water solidified into a crystalline coating, trapping the Hardheads within. A blast of wind carried her safely out of the range of the shockwave that had been thrown in her direction by one of the Metools. Her second Wideshot had a similar icing effect on the Canondumbs, rendering them similarly helpless.

The twisting lightning of Binary's ElecReel smashed into the Scarecrow, dead-on. Once the massive flash had vanished a second later, the virus still stood tall, as if nothing had happened. An electric bolt snapped out from its mouth and nailed Red, driving her off her feet to bounce off the panels and slide a little ways on the ice she had created.

Back with the Navis, Evinn had jumped straight over Gray's crouched form with his dual pistols up. The wolf's-head gun drew a bead on Binary and fired, spraying a wall of pellets that crackled with dangerous energy. Binary was just able to bring his Guard up in time; the shot bounced harmlessly off and back into Evinn's face. His entire body seized up, and he dropped to his knees as the stunning effects of the attack scrambled his systems.

Terrain: 30% ice, 70% normal

Item (assault rifle): 210 HP

Evinn: 210 HP

BillyEXA: DELETE
BillyEXB: DELETE
MetoolEXA: 10 HP
MetoolEXB: 70 HP
HardheadEXA: 40 HP (Frozen)
HardheadEXB: 40 HP (Frozen)
CanodumbEXA: 30 HP (Frozen)
CanodumbEXB: 30 HP (Frozen)
ChampuEXA: 120 HP
ChampuEXB: 120 HP
ScarecrowEX: 140 HP

Red: 130 HP
Binary: 120 HP
At first, what went on seemed like good circumstances from Chris' eyes. The weird changing Netpolice Navi hadn't taken any danage, Binary'd blown the Billies and nearly killed a Met to boot, and Red had frozen a good portion of the baddies, while laying some ice here and there. A malicious grin appeared on Chris' face as he imagined cartoony scenes of a missile silo with ones and zeroes plastered all over it a la Binary firing a nuke into Shaaro, sending stupid doodly viruses with X'd out eyes flying everywhere.

Then, things went downhill. Mainly in terms of Binary wasting an ElecReel and burning out the EMP on the Scarecrow, who he'd forgotten actually healed from Elec-element attacks. And Red got hit too. "...Crap," Chris said lightly, watching the first bit lay out. Then, in the consecutive seconds that followed, Binary, just before he'd locked up inside the Guard, had gotten two perfectly round holes punched through him by a Champu; one through his non-existant face, one tearing up his neck in a failed rising uppercut. Finally, as a bit of a relief, Binary managed to get the Guard up in time to block and even reflect a wall of shots from the gunner Navi. Sighing, he chugged his coffee, set it down without asking for a refill, and looked at the layout of chips in front of him, muttering various things.

Finally, he came up with an idea. He quickly slotted in the Wideshot and a Cactball, wihle holding the second ElecReel at the ready, and said to Binary, "Okay, Binary, here's the next part. Seeing as that Scarecrow's fast becoming a pain in the ass, as it can resist our ElecReels, the plan now is to eliminate it via other means. Thus, I've sent you a CactBall. It isn't the best chip in the world, so you'd be best off Streamlining it, but the fact remains that the CactBall alone won't be enough to delete it. Ergo, you're going to have to use your fourth Sig Attack. Basically, what it does is drain the HP value from a virus or viruses; you can catch six at most with it, and turns the HP value of the virus into HP and stamina for you. The Scarecrow should be weakened enough after the CactBall for you to be able to fully delete it with the Data Absorption, same with the Met. After that, just Wideshot the Champus, maybe try for one more if you can, and then wait for further instructions. Got it?"

"Affirmative!" Binary said, though it was unknown how he could've said it if there was still a hole punched through his head and neck. Then again, it was Binary; getting some gel punched outta him didn't matter at all.

Chris had said to use the Wideshot after the CactBall, but Binary thought it would be a little more efficient to use it beforehand, eliminating a threat earlier. So, he loaded the Wideshot, and was about to fire it at the Champus when he noticed something.

"Missing firearm dock!" Binary called. True enough, his arm had never really returned to him; after it had lost the Boomerang's power, it had just become a normal gel-arm and flopped to the ground somewhere.

"Well, find it, then," Chris said lightly.

"Affirmative!" Binary agreed. Then, he started to hunch over slightly as his back swelled, growing bigger and bigger. Suddenly, a few dozen tentacles burst out his back, the gel weaving through the mass of viruses at lightning speed as it searched for the missing appendage.

Eventually, one tentacle located the arm, lying uselessly on the ground, and dived into it. The gel arm molded into the tentacle, essentially becoming part of it as the data raced back to the main host. The web of tentacles retreated as fast as they'd come, zooming back into Binary's back. An arm then began to grow back, and Binary was complete. Convieniently, his head and arm had regrown the parts of themselves that they'd lost.

Pumping Aqua-type data into the same arm he'd just lost, Binary coiled his arm around his body in the same style he'd done earlier for the Boomerang. However, this time, he wasn't flinging his arm, he was flinging water. He demonstrated this by shaving the ground as he uncoiled it,making a rush of water go splashing along the ground. Right at the Champus, convieniently, who he'd planned to go shooting along in the personalized current, maybe one more if he was lucky.

Binary, done with the Champus, turned his attention to the Scarecrow, who just appeared to be sitting there doing nothing. Unable to think of a way to use the CactBall temporarily, he eventually searched his vast memory banks for something he'd seen before that was roundish and spiky. The answer came in less than a nanosecond, and hit him like a ton of bricks.

Anime character's heads.

Binary's head started getting a ton of little bumps all over it, much like his body did when he was using tentacles. To Chris' surprise, however, he started growing what looked vaguely like anime hair, but without any colour or anything, just an extension of his head. "He's not gonna...is he?" Chris asked nobody in particular.

Of course, Binary wasn't really that attached to any part of him, not even his head. He demonstrated it by sinking into a sort of bow for a second, then throwing it back, making his gel neck stretch like rubber while he made some last minute scans of the Scarecrow to enhance the accuracy of his attack. "Yanno, I'm starting to get which animes Binary copies stuff from," Chris muttered. Just for fun, as Binary unleashed the CactBall, he said, "Gomu Gomu nooooooo~..."

"Kane!" (Bell) he finished as Binary snapped his head forward, the head breaking off completely, his Naruto-esque hair gleaming dangerously. Spinning through the air, the gel Navi really had no idea if he'd hit or not, just that his head suddenly collided with something. This sent a large jolt through him, and his headless body wobbled in place. The head kept spinning in place for a while before letting go of the CactBall's power and sinking to the ground, sticking to it slightly.

Wasting no time, the headless wonder activated his fourth signature attack, the Data Absorption. Both his arms retracted, to be replaced by two incredibly large bumps that looked like blown-up tumors. Chris knew what was coming next, and he wasn't watching, primarily because he seemed too immersed in his collection of personal pictures and photos on the PET.

At least fifty tentacles each arm-socket burst out of Binary's body, snaking every which way, but still managing to be focused on his two targets: the Scarecrow and the injured Met. Once he'd got a lock on the two of them (a rather difficult feat for him; his optics weren't the greatest), he plunged the tentacles into what he'd targeted as them. The tentacles immediately began greedily sucking as much data as they could from their new 'hosts'. Noticable lines of ordinary blueish code, whether it was part of a wall, or part of a virus, could be seen travelling amongst the black ones and zeroes in Binary's translucent gel tentacles. Once in the main body, they were immediately swarmed by Binary's own digits, converting the foreign data into data that he could manage.

Once done that, his tentacles quickly retreated, turning back into arms. At the same time, Chris looked up from what he was doing, and at Shin's window. "Shin, have you ever seen this meme before?" he asked him, before his face disappeared off the window. It was replaced by a screencap of what appeared to be an anime. There was what appeared to be a strange green anime character with an even stranger face, with a huge mouth, large lips, big googly eyes, and text below that said, "SHOOP DA WOOP." The image remained for about five seconds before it was replaced by Chris' face again, grinning maliciously as he held up an ElecReel. "If you have, care to reenact the scene via our Navis?" he asked him. "I've got an ElecReel that would be perfect for the job, do you?"

After hearing, or rather seeing Shin's answer, Chris held out a delightful cackle and slotted in the deadly chip in one swift action. "Heh ... IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!" Chris shouted along with Shin, confusing the entire coffee shop as he fiddled with something.

Binary didn't notice, but while he thought he was just storing the ElecReel energy in his head for a change, the appearance change Chris had temporarily bestowed on him made it completely different. There was now a face identical to the one in the picture plastered onto his head, effectively giving him access to a true lazer. A glowing light was slowly building inside the gaping maw that was his new mouth.

When the charge was finally complete, Chris looked at the two Netmafia goons and said enthusiastically, "Hey, you two! I hope you like wild rides!" and bellowed into the mic along with Shin, "IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER! SHOOP DA WOOP!"

Although, it wasn't a lazer at all that fired from Binary's mouth. Rather, a taco, that happened to be keeping the lazer from firing at all.

"...What the Fortran?" Chris said, quirking an eyebrow at the taco. Then, he smiled, snapped his fingers, flipped down his previously-obtained hammerspace sunglasses and said, "Alright, then, if that wasn't it, then this will be! ROYAL RAINBOW!"

If the flare Binary'd caused beforehand could be considered a single firework, then the lights that came from his gaping maw now would've passed as a few hundred boxes all lit at the same time and sent into the sky. The immense spectrum of colours that burst forth was so bright, even Chris with his hammerglasses had to shield his eyes. He was also pretty sure that he'd sent one of the patrons who'd been watching the PET over his shoulder into a seizure. "Uhh, whoops," he said, trying to watch the blinding, but beautiful display of lights and not watch it at the same time. The reflection on the walls would have to do.

And this huge power trip of rainbow light was headed straight at the two Netmafia Navis. Maybe that last Met too; the lights looked like they were reaching pretty far.

*Streamlined... (Add +1 Rank Accuracy to CactBall1)

1. Wideshot1 to ChampuEX's (120 each, can hit one more for 60)

2. Streamlined CactBall1 to ScarecrowEX (40x3)

3. Data Absorption to ScarecrowEX and MetoolEXA (20 Lifedrain to ScarecrowEX, 10 Lifedrain to MetoolEXA, +30 HP to Binary, 2-turn CD)

4. ElecReel1 to Evinn and Grey (MetoolEXB as a possible side target) (80 each, possible x2 due to Ice)
Red winced as her body was nailed with a bolt of electricity, courtesy of the Scarecrow. She smiled a bit afterward, after all, the rest of her plan worked. Her enemies were safely frozen in ice, and now, the real attack would commence.
Shin grinned widely at the sight of the meme Chris had sent him and gave his partner a thumbs up while wagging an ElecReel1 chip in his screen while winking. This was basically a "Let's nuke 'em to the depths of the Undernet," sign for anyone who was watching carefully, but more on that later.
"Let's keep some things nice and chill, shall we?" the self-proclaimed Ace Netbattler, commented, sending in three chips into his PET for his navi's use.
"Got it, come on out Myun!" the red-caped wonder called cheerfully as her rabbit companion warped down to her side.
"Stay here for support, throw me some power when I start making some thunder, 'kay?" the crimson crusader instructed, her support unit firmly saluting in response.
"Alright let's do this! Ruler of Water! Form a torrential vortex and engulf the opposing evil! Suiryuu Shourai!" Red yelled, holding her palm toward one Metool and sending a surging blast of water at it, hoping to encase it in ice as well, or at least damage it.
"Now... say it with me guys... IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!" Shin commanded, his navi already dashing toward the enemies. In another instant, she disappeared and teleported above the mass of viruses that Gray had summoned.
"The Ruler of Thunder beckons, his great power shall smite thee with bolts of malice, feel the wrath of the heavens and burn in death," Red chanted as Myun threw her a pink bolt of energy to her mistress, who caught it and merged it with the crackling electricity that was charging around her bodice.
"IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER! SHOOP DA WOOP!" Shin yelled as Red subsequently bellowed, "RAITEN SHOURAI!" as she sent a tremendous bolt of pink lightning at the viruses, hoping to eradicate them from the net once and for all.
She then landed on the ground and swirled wind around herself, ready to toss her whichever way that wasn't in the direction of an attack, and help her to safety in the chaos of the battlefield.

Turn Summary:
1. Summon Support Unit
2. Bubbler to MetoolEXB [50 Aqua DMG, Freeze? (Ice)]
3. Areagrab above the viruses, mainly above Hardheads and Canondumbs.
4*. Break Elecreel1 to viruses [80x2(Ice)x2(Break>Frozen) Elec DMG =320 DMG]
*Gust: Dodge

Myun's Actions
*Add Break to Elecreel1
1. Dodge

((The rest is in your hands, Phoenix))
[lame post-in-the-middle-of-exam-studying go!]

Binary's Wideshot tore through the Champus. Hoarfrost appeared along their spiky hair, but that didn't matter, because the rushing water annihilated them handily. The remaining shower of droplets wasn't enough to deal with the Scarecrow. The CactBall that Binary deployed to get rid of the pesky doll-on-a-stick bounced harmlessly aside as he overbalanced on the ice and nearly fell on his protoplasmic end.

Perplexingly, a rabbit popped out of nowhere. Red seemed to be perfectly okay with this, because she went straight to work, smacking a Metool with a watery blast. She had hit the virus at such an angle that a little pillar of ice froze up next to the Metool instead of directly on top of it.

Evinn fired the lion's-head pistol he carried, and the ground beneath Red's feet roared with a sudden burst of scorching fire. As the ice beneath her melted away, and only a quick Areagrab kept her from burning her legs and dropping into the deep puddles of liquid water that the flaming shot left behind. He snarled ferally, furious at having been denied his victim. His wolf's-head gun snapped up and nailed Binary with a hollow-pointed shot that felt far from pleasant.

At the same time, Binary was busy ruthlessly drawing additional energy from the Scarecrow and the Metool that he had chosen to molest. He dragged the last reserves of power from the little helmeted virus, wiping it from the face of the Internet. With a meme and a taco, the androgynous Navi turned toward the two NetMafia members with danger in the place where his eye should have been. With a massive eruption of epileptic light that threatened to blind everyone in the area and made transport programs crash three digital miles away, Binary's Elecreel majestically ...

... missed.

At the last second, the force of the laser blast had sent him sliding across the perilous ice, which had taken him off balance and made him accidentally turned the ray of death towards the ground. What was left behind as the Royal Rainbow faded away was a massive scar on the Netscape. Underneath was nothing but the black, black abyss. It was rather anticlimatic, in a way. Evinn let out a very loud sigh of obvious relief.

However, Red's slightly less flamboyant copy of the attack proved to be more successful. The Hardheads and the Canodumbs, which were already stationary, were too frozen down to even attempt a retalitation as a mighty bolt of cherise power smashed down in the midst of their ranks, scattering them to tiny bits. Only one fortunate Canodumb remained, and the last flakes of ice slid off it as the Elecreel's force struck the ground.

Item saw his opening, and morphed from an assault rifle to a tripod-mounted grenade launcher. He angled up slightly and fired a couple of projectiles in Gray's direction. Both of them effectively missed. Gray herself came dashing across the fringe of the ice field, her sword of rainbow light whipping forward toward the NetPoliceman. Item switched into the form of a kite and was carried out of her reach by the blustery wind Red summoned to blow aside the Scarecrow's painful lightning blast.

Terrain: 25% Ice, 5% Sea, 20% Cracked, 50% Normal

Item (kite): 210 HP

Evinn: 210 HP

BillyEXA: DELETE
BillyEXB: DELETE
MetoolEXA: DELETED!
MetoolEXB: 20 HP
HardheadEXA: DELETED!
HardheadEXB: DELETED!
CanodumbEXA: DELETED!
CanodumbEXB: 30 HP (Frozen)
ChampuEXA: DELETED!
ChampuEXB: DELETED!
ScarecrowEX: 120 HP

Red: 130 HP
Myun: 60 HP
Binary: 120 HP
<(My present to you before my nap, RS. Lucky yozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...)>

If the last run of attacking had been, to say the least, not the greatest, this one made Chris furiously search the Internet for instructions on how to make an effective headdesk. Finding an accurate result, he read the page in the blink of an eye, then promptly started smashing his head against the table he was sitting at. A few patrons gave him some words of sympathy and, "Bad luck, mate,"'s, and the girl behind the counter offered him another coffee to drown his sorrows in, but Chris wasn't having any of it. Eyes focused down to the last degree, he carefully looked at what chips he had left, then nodded slowly and said, "Got it." Slotting in his rather used Cornshot, and a single Rageclaw from his trio of them (which he was forced to waste a breath of air on by blowing the rather copious amounts of dust off it).

The Scarecrow, contrary to being deleted like it should've been, looked a little, well, violated (if Binary's tentacles had done anything to change the Scarecrow's appearance), but was none the worse for wear. Also, thanks to Binary's freakishly blinding ElecReel-lazer, there was now an unnessacarily large crater in the ground, with ominous cracks spiderwebbed across it. As for Binary, he'd been shot, but thanks to the Scarecrow and the late Met, he'd gotten better. The bullet still lodged in him wasn't doing him any favours. Chris considered just plain ejecting it from his systems, but then thought of a much more creative use for it.

"Binary, I want you to make 999 copies of that bullet, and store them all in your databanks," Chris said, regarding Evinn's attack.

Binary was rather confused, but complied anyway. In a flash, the single bullet became a thousand, which bloated Binary's upper torso before they then disappeared in another flash. "Good job. Now, I'm uploading the Cornshot. Blend the data with the bullets, and you can guess the rest. Aim for the Scarecrow and that Evinn Navi," Chris explained, before kicking back, accepting a new coffee that had been pressed into his hands, and watching the show.

Deep within Binary's inner systems, Binary was standing(?) in front of a large, translucent white gel-orb, where the 1000 bullets he'd made were floating around inside. A bright yellow light emerged in the center of the orb; it was the Cornshot. The yellow flare split into 1000, each new light merging with the new Cornshots. His first job done, Binary readied the new rob of firepower for launch, but not before Streamlining the whole payload with a few inputs into his search engine.

Binary hadn't thought to make something out of his arms to fire the Cornshot rounds out of, but he did it anyway, opening fire on his targets and blowing both his hands off in the process. Chris thought of facepalming, before he began to see how awesome the attack really looked. Shining golden bullets were coming out of seemingly nowhere within Binary's arms, and firing themselves at what could be considered the Net equivilant of the speed of sound. One such stream was headed for the Scarecrow, who was unfortunate enough to be the main reason these bullets were fired: Chris and Binary both agreed that it had been alive for far too long. Then the other screamed towards Evinn, whom Chris had thought it was only fair to give his bullet back to ... five hundred-fold.

As fate would have it, though, Binary eventually ran out of bullets, the Cornshot's power gone for now. He had no time to observe what had happened, as Chris suddenly contacted him, and he'd been alerted to a new piece of unfamiliar data within his banks. "Nice job, Binary. Now, I've sent you a chip neither of us have used yet. It's called a Rageclaw and it's fairly weak, but it can also be used to throw viruses at stuff. Basically, take what's left of the Scarecrow and chuck it at something, maybe another virus, maybe one of the MafiaNavis, I dunno. Just do it," he said.

"Affirmative!" Binary called, then loaded the Rageclaw. To nobody's surprise, the fingers on Binary's right hand doubled in number, then extended, essentially giving him a tenfold of tentacles on his right arm. Then, razor-sharp edges began to make themselves visible on the tentacles, and points, making them more like sharp whips then tentacles. The mental image still remained, however.

"Binary, what did I tell you about minimizing the use of tentacles?" Chris asked, exasperated as he sipped his coffee unconsciously.

Binary chose not to answer, but instead to set his sights on the Scarecrow. With a stretched-back wind up, Binary punched what was once his hand forward, his ten whips reaching towards the Scarecrow threateningly.

Binary, however, wasn't even looking as he felt his tentacles connect with something. Sure, he exerted some effort ripping whatever it was from the ground, but he was much to busy finding something to throw it. That last Met was tempting; he could potentially delete both it and the Scarecrow in one fell swoop, but then there were the two NetMafia goons. They'd make just as good targets. The Canodumb was also a decent option. Then, Binary's sensors picked up one additional option: Red.

At first it didn't seem like such a good idea, but then Binary got an idea out of it. He turned his head to Red, and called, "Sending file: ScarecrowEX!" Hoping she'd understand what he said, Binary flung it at her, knowing somehow that she'd know what to do with it.

Not knowing what else to do, Binary decided to pursue the two Process Upgrades he hadn't explored yet. What he found were two defense-oriented programs. Then, seeing Item float around as a kite, he had an idea.

Binary quickly shot over to Item, then said to it, "Providing additional assistance!" in his robotic, androgynous voice. Quickly, Binary's gel body started morphing from his ordinary shape into a more defensive structure: a wall. Losing all physical features, Binary became a semi-circle of cover, ideal for hiding behind. Unfortunately, he was still made of soft, rubbery gel, and thus would be useless for defense anyway.

That's when his Firewall ability activated.

Immediately, ones and zeroes appeared on Binary. Not in him, but on him, which was a definite change from the norm. Not only that, but these digits were brittle and nearly impossible to break, whereas the ones within him were rubbery like his gel. The two types of numbers started forming an incredibly dense mesh wall around Binary's semi-circle wall shape, leaving a few holes just big enough for a gun barrel to fit through. "Requesting additional Battlechip support!" Binary called.

"More? Hmmm..." Chris said, looking for something Binary could use. "Ahh, this should do," he replied, pulling out a new chip they'd just aquired recently: the Countbomb. Slotting it in, Chris took a deep breath, and hoped for the best.

Meanwhile, Binary had received the unfamiliar data, but thankfully, he knew just what to do with it.

A large bulge of gel started to form through one of the holes he'd left for Item to fire through. This gel, however, was different from the ordinary variety: it was blinking from it's normal white colour to red every second.

The ball of explosive gel started rolling, agonizingly slowly, towards Evinn and Grey's position. Though, even if they moved, the explosion would probably still be big enough to catch them in.

*Streamline: (Add 1 Rank of Accuracy to Cornshot1)

1. Streamlined Cornshot1 to Evinn and ScarecrowEX (50 to Evinn, 100 to ScarecrowEX, Accuracy boost)

2. Rageclaw Throw to ScarecrowEX to Red (20 to ScarecrowEX, 20 possibly to Red if she doesn't do something about it)

3. Firewall in wall-shape in front of Item (Stonebody for the turn, meatshielding Item)

4. Countbomb1 (Summons 50 HP bomb, explodes for 100 to all in two turns)
Red sighed, the inital, "blow everything up" plan had failed, it was a setback, not a major one, but a setback nonetheless. She was just thinking of a way to deal with the viruses when battlechip data was immediately sent to her. Shin had apparently already caught Binary's comment and sent his navi a bit of a defensive measure against it.
"RED! PLAY BASEBALL!" Shin commanded frantically, hoping that Red would get the clue as the Scarecrow possibly sailed toward her.
"Huh? Oh... WARGH!" the caped crusader yelled in surprise at Binary's action. She quickly fumbled through her picnic basket and finally found it...
a red, steel baseball bat.
The red-caped wonder grinned as she twirled the weapon before gripping it tightly and bringing it to her side. She placed her other hand on the handle and slowly raised the blunt weapon to shoulder level.
"Let's play some baseball," the wind navi commented mischievously as she brought the bat forward, rotating her shoulders forward, and swinging with all her might at the possibly incoming virus that her formless partner had probably succeeded at throwing at her.
"Well, now that that's taken care of, let's take care of the rest of these viruses shall we? Boomerang! Let's go!" Shin suggested, before slotting in a chip to aid Red in her deletion of the viruses.
The red-caped wonder promptly placed the handle of her bat in her teeth and bit it hard and tight so it wouldn't fall out on her. She breathed deeply through her nose as she reached into her picnic basket to find the weapon that Shin had sent her. Finally, she grasped it, and pulled the wooden throwable weapon out of her personal container.
"Wready mor mot! Hwere I cum!" the fairy-tale character announced as best she could with the baseball bat stuck in her mouth. She spun in a circle, faster and faster before gaining what seemed to her, enough velocity to reach the Metool and the CannonDumb with her attack. At that point, she released her grip on the Boomerang. The wooden curved blade span rapidly through the air, flying menacingly toward the targeted viruses, singing a whirling hum of death as it approached the possible victims of its power.
Not caring whether or not the Boomerang hit, Red and Myun rushed to Binary's aid. Red took the bat out of her mouth and twirled it ferociously as she rushed toward the NetMafia navis. Myun had her fists up in a boxing stance, ready to aid her master in laying some pummeling on the Mafiosi.
The crimson crusader's first target was Evinn. She pulled her bat back after another twirl and swung horizontally with all due force at Evinn's head, attempting to smash his technological brains in and possibly render him unconscious. Myun attempted to follow up with a swift uppercut charged with pink energy directed at Evinn's chest. Red then pulled back for a bit, repositioning herself on the ice and trying to slide across it to avoid any incoming attacks. The wind from the netscape also came to her aid, swirling around Myun and attempting to guide her safely out of the path of the next attack.
"This has certainly taken a turn for the interesting," Shin mumbled to himself as he finished his ice-cold lemonade. Netopia had really sunny weather. Maybe he'd buy another...

Turn Summary
1. Sword to possible incoming ScarecrowEX [80 DMG]
2. Boomerang1 to MetoolEXB, CannondumbEXB [60 Wood DMG]
3. Sword to Evinn [80 DMG]
4. Slide across the ice panels to DODGE. [Dodge]
*Gust: Knockback to Myun across the Ice

Myun's Actions
1* Break Attack to Evinn [15 Break DMG]
((MOM? WHERE ARE YOU? ;~;))