Red and Binary

From Chris' point of view, the plan was going swimmingly. The two Mafioso were both in one spot and on the ice Red had just created, the two Wideshots were well on their way, and he himself had the ElecReel ready to go. Nothing could go wrong! Content, he decided to kick back, and lean his chair on it's two back legs so he could relax further

Until, that is, he heard the booming 'CRACK' resound from the tower. It was so sudden, Chris spazzed out and pinwheeled his arms for a few secs, counterbalanced on his chair, and fell over. Rubbing his head, he quickly got back up to see what the hell was going on. What he saw nearly blew his mind:

The place was literally falling apart. Huge cracks ran along the outside of the building, before the whole thing started to crumple. A few explosions coming from within propelled a few choice chunks of tower outwards, threatening to squash the crew of Netpolice and civilians. But wait, there was only Red, Evinn, Red's bunny, and Item that were booking it. Where the hell was Binary?

Chris didn't have far to look; Binary was still at the base of the tower, exactly where he'd been while he was whipping around Ross and Howitzer. He was actually currently receding the tentacles, having thought the battle was over. He seemed completely oblivious to the absolute chaos that was going on around him. Chris only needed three words to complete an accurate command.

"BINARY, GET BACK!"

At this, Binary responded with an, "Affirmative!" He then started morphing his lower body into a wheel for faster transportation, which would be more ideal for getting the hell out of there, but, sadly, it was far too late.

The tower gave out one final internal explosion before the whole thing crumbled, shooting out a final round of tower chunks. Unfortunately, Binary was right in the middle of a particularly large one, and being less only about half the weight of a standard Navi, he was sent absolutely flying by the impact of the huge hunk of virtual steel. Convieniently, it hadn't hit anything vital, and he was cannoned right by the other three, touching down about a Shotgun's blast away and splattering across the field once more, though to a lesser degree this time.

Once he'd finally stopped moving, Chris finally set himself back down in his chair, looking sheepish. "Uhh, that tower was supposed to be kinda, umm, valuable, right?" Chris asked Item, scratching the back of his head and looking a bit sheepish. Once he'd gotten over it, he turned to the overlarge mess of Binary spread across the Net's floor a ways away and said, "Binary, reform already." He did so without much of a fuss, and wheeled himself over to join the rest of the group.

"So, uhh, whe-" Chris began.

"Halt conversing!" Binary cut in. Turning his upper torso towards the wreckage, he shot his arms towards it, the fingers disappearing into the wreckage. He remained still for a few seconds, then quickly retracted his arms. In one hand, he held a pile of zenny and some chip data. Without a word, he offered this hand to Red, then got to work processing the data in his other hand; mainly, more zenny, data for a chip, and a gigantic blob of gel that had once been his arms. The gel was easily taken care of, as was the chip and zenny, which were forwarded to Chris.

"Now, as I was saying, where to next, officers?" Chris asked.
Red grinned as her attacks hit her enemies head-on. She even did a little victory dance because of her success.

Her expression changed, however, when the building started crumbling into dangerous wreckage and was heading right toward her.

"ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Red yelled as she and Myun dashed far, far away from the building, narrowly avoiding it avalanching on top of them. When she stop, the red-caped wonder panted in exhaustion, placing her hands on her knees as she groaned for some odd reason.

In the real world, Shin was ready to send his navi the ElecReel chip, that is, before the building started collapsing as a result of their attacks. The netop groaned in dismay as well. He wasn't even planning on using the building as a base for the attack. Man, he was in trouble now.

Shin, Red, and Myun groaned unanimously and faceplamed at their mistake.

"Red! That building must've stored a lot of important stuff! How could you just break it down!" Shin scolded, flabbergasted himself at the whole event.

"Hey! I thought it was pretty tough! There were a couple of craters in it before I even attacked!" the crimson crusader snapped back as he shot her hand toward the rubble that was once the distribution center. What it was supposed to distribute, the netop/navi duo had no idea, but they knew it was important.
"Besides!" Red continued while wildly waving her pointer finger at the rubble, "I thought even something with a power level over 9000 couldn't have wrecked that thing!"

"Maybe you're right, but it crumbled anyway," Shin sighed as he turned toward the NetPolice Enforcers. He clapped his hands in front of his face while Myun and Red skidded in front of the screen, performing the exact same motion as the netop.

"WE'RE SORRY!" they apologized, while bowing toward Item and Evinn. Shin had a little more trouble, so he slightly tilted his head downward to make it look like he was bowing. At any rate, the message was pretty clear.

Receiving some reward data from Binary, Red smiled at her blobby partner while she sent the stuff to Shin. The NetOp glanced idly at the new chip and in-load of zenny, shurgged, and started modifying his folder.

"You have to admit, that was pretty friggin' awesome the way that thing collapsed," Shin murmured casually to himself. He then sent a MiniEnergyPack Red's way, who immediately used it on Myun. The bunny support program sighed in relief as the wave of soothing energy washed over her.

The wind navi turned toward Item and Evinn again and waited for their answer to Binary's question.

TURN SUMMARY:
Editing Folder
Used MiniEnergyPack on Myun [Heal 50 HP]

((Ready for Battle 3))
((Grumbles as he sends a PM to EN))
[You guys are going to have to wait a bit longer. The information for one of the bosses isn't available, and I won't be able to mod you until I get that info off the person who's responsible for it. No idea on how long that's going to take.]
((...))
((IT'S AWWWRIGHT, I guess. Dammit, Eon's been down recently. I guess I'll settle for another month.))
Evinn and Item just stood there, looking stunned. Item switched forms until he was a flashing warning light, no doubt denoting his horror at what had just happened.

"Looks to me," Evinn began slowly, holstering his dual pistols and tugging on his orange vest, "that Rocinante fired his attacks directly into the base of the tower." He glanced over at Red and Binary. "Isn't that what you saw, guys? They just went careening straight into it, like they were focused on knocking over the tower instead of taking care of us."

Item morphed into a penseive metronome, and then into a boombox. "I think I did, too, my friend."

"Good," said Evinn, grinning at his own wit. "If we're all agreeing--"

A blur of green, yellow, and blue.

Then Evinn's head fell off.

The rest of him collapsed like a sack of cement. Item was too stunned to even voice a cry.

"Face it, folks, that was badass!"

The blur skidded to a long, drawn-out halt. It was, in fact, a she. Somehow, her speed could be attributed to the fact that she floated a full foot off the ground. A pair of metal rings hovered between her feet and the ground, as if her boots were fitted with magnets that repelled the rings, and the rings repelled the ground itself.

As Item the boombox began to yowl Evinn's name in horror, the blur turned towards the group. Her flamboyant green hair was cut short in all places except the back, where it formed a long, whippy tail at least six feet long. There was no armour actually on her; all she was equipped with were sky-blue plates that, like the rings, seemed to be magnetically repelled to a certain degree from her body. They floated around her like a galaxy of metal. Instead of chest, she had a massive lock cylinder with a sizeable keyhole on the front. There were five lights, all of them dark, around the front and back rims of the cylinder.

Finally the network caught up with what happened and forcibly expelled Evinn's corpse. Item morphed into the biggest mortar launcher that either Red or Binary had ever seen, complete with a mounted speaker. "I think you'd best state your name for the record before I delete you!" he bellowed, still in the throes of his grief. The newcomer grinned, and her red eyes sparkled.

"Man, you haven't heard of me?" She did a spin on one foot, a lazy sort of pirouette in midair. "That's a friggin' shame. Well, guess I'm still on my way up. You guys did a hell of a number on the rest of 'em. Low-lifes."

"I said your name!"

"Right, yeah, sorry. It's"--she hit a debonair pose, with one clenched fist held up in a very threatening manner
--"Beatnik!"

By the deep chnks that were coming from the depths of Item-the-mortar-launcher (most likely him loading rounds), he clearly wasn't impressed.

"Well, I got kicked out here to clean up the mess that those dudes left behind," Beatnik practically yawned, stretching. It was an odd counterpoint to the aura of readiness she had struck just a moment ago. "'Fraid I'm gonna have to massacre ya, eh?"

With a snap of her fingers, a media window popped up in the air just next to her, and hard, grating music came pouring out. Beatnik swung her hands down, and hardly-visible blades of magnetic force shot out of her hands. She squared into a ready position. The grin only got bigger.

Terrain: 100% Normal

Beatnik.EXE: 3300 HP

Item.EXE (mortar launcher): 70 HP
Evinn.EXE: DELETED!

Red.EXE: 175 HP
Binary.EXE: 75 HP
Myun: 60 HP

A maniac with no backup!? HERE WE GO!
[BATTLE THREE, FIGHT!]
Chris stared slackjawed at the sequence of events, starting with Evinn's head falling off and ending with the newcomer Beatnik arriving on the scene. When he was finally capable once more of speech, all he could really say to summarize the situation was, "What ... the ... fuck?" The irritating music didn't help his mood. Shaking his head and silently toasting his coffee to the skies in a hasty memorial to Evinn, he sighed and said, "Gotta press on, don't we? Binary, get ready for chip data."

"Affirmative!" Binary replied, silently awaiting the data.

Meanwhile, Chris was going over a silent dilemma in his head; what the hell would work against this guy. He guessed that MarkCannons would be best with their targeting abilities, but he unfortunately didn't have any. His collection of chips was mediocre at best, but he'd have to use it. He reopened his chip folder and arrayed his set of chips out in front of him, looking like a chess grandmaster deciding on what move to use against his opponent. The analogy wasn't that far from the truth.

Then, Chris saw the chip. It sat there innocently, glimmering amongst the chips he'd labelled as "Miscellaneous effects." Apparently he hadn't seen the image on the front clearly; it was definitely a Navi emblem. An emblem he knew all too well. Grinning, Chris said to Binary, "Binary, I'm sending you a new chip. You might recognize this," before slotting the chip in. Binary was about to send back an, "Affirmative!", but couldn't, as the effect the chip had on him was instantaneous.

The chip? SplashCross.

Binary's arms outstretched as he rose slightly into the air; where he should've been connected to the floor he had just formed into a shapeless blob of gel. Then the colour itself started to change. The normally white gel started darkening, eventually settling on a deep, royal blue while the digits disappeared into the mass. The blob at his end started morphing, stretching into a massive tail like entity at least one and a half times his ordinary body length alone, and ending in a cut-off tip. Once his body shape was complete, the translucent gel started turning opaque and hardening, metamorphing into tough, reptilian scales. At the end of his new tail, a black ring of metallic material formed, and the scales inside the ring vanished, creating a large opening like a tank barrel.

Then the armour started forming. Sleek, black metal the same sheen and material as his tail ring materialized on his upper torso, covering the chest and back effectively. On the back, multiple scales mysteriously vanished, leaving perfectly round openings. From their depths, twelve scaly blue tentacles sprang, each topped off with a hose-like end. The armour spread down his arms, covering the tops of them and the hands, leaving the bottoms covered in the scales. Once the arms were complete, the head started getting covered by it. The black metal flowed up it like water, solidifying in a hood with a point at the top (think Zant's helmet but shorter). And finally, the last feature came: his face. A patch of metal shrank back over the facial area, leaving just enough room for eyes and a nose to form. A patch of scales bulged outwards in an accurate nose shape, and several of them above the nose suddenly slid up as eyelids, revealing perfectly normal, black-irises over a white background.

"Whoa, this is something else," 'Binasplash' exclaimed in a (surprisingly enough) perfectly ordinary masculine voice equivalent of a young man, looking at his new armoured hands.

"Like it? Thought you might; it was a present from Splashman," Chris explained. "Now, you'll probably want chips for this Beatnik chick, ehh? Here, I'll send you a few so you can test her abilities."

Binasplash looked over the chips he'd been sent. They were a Guard, a DBLBeam, and a new chip; a Shockwave. "Might as well use what's new first. Red, might wanna step out of the way," the fused Navi muttered. He uploaded the new chip in an instant, and somehow knew what to do. After running a quick search program and locking in the enemy's code lines, he split into action. Utilizing his new, heavy tail, Binasplash brought the massive thing up and over his body and slammed it into the ground. The resulting quake sent a ground-shaking shockwave towards Beatnik, intent on tripping her up in a pile of virtual earth.

Meanwhile, Binasplash was already getting set on another ploy. Wrenching his tail out of the ground, he blew a massive purple bubble with the hose end. The bubble gave a noticeable shudder, then exploded into a cloud of smaller bubbles. These bubbles exploded into smaller bubbles, and these exploded into more bubbles, and each time they split, the purple became more noticeable as either red or blue. "Don't let it get in your way, Red, just let them run their course," Binasplash said to his partner.

Out of attacking chips, the new Aqua Navi turned to face Beatnik. His expression hardened as his back seemed to explode with tentacles, the usual twelve easily becoming five hundred, give or take. The tentacles started waving around wildly, making it absolutely impossible to attack without getting intercepted by at the very least about fifty of the raging things.

*Streamlined.... (Add +1 Accuracy to Shockwave)

1. Activate SplashCross (+10 to Aqua Chips)

2. Streamlined Shockwave to Beatnik (40, +1 Accuracy)

3. DBLBeam (30 damage to Beatnik or 30 heal to Red and Binasplash)

4 Guard1 (Reflect one attack back)
"Y-yeah, I guess that's what happened," Red stuttered sheepishly at Evinn's comment. But before her recently turned ally could utter another word, his head was promptly cut off by a fast-moving blur. Red, like Item, was too shocked to speak until the perpetrator spoke.

"Evinn!" Shin and Red cried out in unison with Item. Shin sagged down a bit in the bench he was sitting on in Netopia while the red-caped navi slumped down, knees on the ground, head sagging as she let the tears flow. Overwhelming sadness gushed through her entire being at her companion's death.

"N-no... Mr. Evinn got... killed," Red choked, sniffing up the mucus produced from her tearful actions. Her digital eye residue simply dripped to the ground rhythmically in mourning of the fallen ally. "It's... It's..." she started, stuttering as she tried to overcome her emotions. Meanwhile, Evinn's corpse was forcefully ejected from the server as his allies mourned over him.

"Not fair."

The voice's source resonated menacingly throughout the area. The crimson crusader picked herself up, head still hung low as hate radiated from every inch of her body. Pulsations of massive amounts of anger streamed through the area, whether the other navi's could feel it, really didn't matter.

"Shit, she can't activate that program now, the PET would crash without the proper memory storage for that!" Shin exclaimed, snapping out of his depression and back to the situation, thanks to the giant, flashing, "WARNING!" messages popping in holographic screens out of his PET. "Red! Get a hold of yourself!" the operator commanded, reaching out to his navi. "I know it's hard, I know it's painful, but you mustn't use that! It could take countless more victims, it goes beyond the necessary limits for the type of vengeance you're thinking of for Evinn. Calm down!" At this last one, Shin lightly whacked his head against his PET device. The next thing he saw were stars, and two messages saying, "Badass_Hottie.GMO and BlackRose.GMO files activated."

"What is necessary? Foolish being, you know not the pain-" the bodiless voice, seemingly emanating from head started before something interrupted it.

"NO!" two female voices, only in Red's mindscape, resonated in the navi. The red-caped wonder groaned, scratching her head. She was currently in a black void, the only things present at the moment was her, and some dark, swirling thing in front of the wind navi.

"Where-?" Red began, before two hands placed themselves on her shoulders, both belonging to two different beings. She whipped her head around and caught sight of the two .GMO files she had used most recently.

"BlackRose and... big sis?" the crimson crusader asked, confused at what was going on. "What are you two doing here?"

"Well," the Badass Hottie began, spitting out a toothpick to the side, "we're here to calm you down."

"That's right, only the flowery elegance of a calm mind can win this battle," BlackRose chimed in, taking in the scent of a black rose in her hand.

"But that big meanie killed Evinn, without any remorse, like it was cool to do it," Red whimpered.

"Yeah, but you know that it's not cool to take navi's lives without warning, right?" the older Red stated, firmly grasping her younger self's shoulders and getting eye level with her.

"Yeah, but-" the wind navi started, but the Badass Hottie patted her on the side to stop her.

"Listen kid, there are a lot of jerks in the world like that egotist bitch playing the wacky music out there who do this kind of stuff, but getting angry isn't the right way to deal with them, right BlackRose?" the older Red advised before shooting a question to the super-sentai part.

"That's right little Red, don't get angry, get even! So go kick some butt and show this criminal the error of her ways!" Blackrose shouted, encouraging her main self to go on.

"Yeah, thanks guys," Red sniffed as she turned her attention to the battlefiled. Binary had, apparently, activated a SoulCross and was the first to move. "Nice move! Keep it up Binary-san!" Red cheered her ally, now it was her turn.

"Alright Myun, keep out of trouble, that lady's really fast and dangerous," the crimson crusader advised her pet. The support unit nodded as she hopped backward a bit, keeping her eye on Beatnik.

"Shin! Send me some chips!" Red called to her operator. When she didn't get a reply, the navi pouted, took a deep breath, and yelled, "WAKE UP ALREADY!" at her unconscious operator.

"ARGH! I'm awake! I'm awake!" Shin yelped as he quickly opened his chip folder. The teenage sighed in relief as he saw all functions were normal and the glaring red warning displays had disappeared. "Alright, time to test her out. We'll approach slowly and calmly. This, it the old Requiem way." Shin confirmed, as he slotted in the chips.

"Alright, let's play it safe, then beat her up, right, right?" Red inquired, back to her cheerful self.

"Yeah, use that first one skillfully, it's not just a tool for damage you know," Shin advised as he sat back to enjoy the rest of the battle. His ears twitched at Beatnik's music though. "Go get 'em," the ace netbattler cheered under his breath.

"Hey you! Miss Nickelodeon freak! Yeah, that's right! Taste some of this why don't ya!" Red taunted her opponent, whipping out a candy-cane colored boomerang and sending it whizzing through the air at Beatnik. Hopefully, the egotist would shruggingly brush it aside, disregarding it as a threat by either dodging it or hitting it with another attack. It was mainly a distraction, that flamboyantly colored boomerang.

Executing the next phase of her plan, the crimson crusader quickly struck out with her left palm at the music-magnet themed navi, sending a silently crackling electrical discharge in the form of a chakram at the opponent. With luck, it would hit and stun the opponent at the same time.

Not wasting any time, the red-caped navi breathed out as she took out a bazooka from her picnic basket and hoisted it over her shoulder. The wind navi let the targeting rectors do their thing as she positioned the barrel more in the direction of the navi. Once the targeting system locked-on, Red smirked, pulling the trigger and firing, an explosion of steam erupted from both ends of the barrel as a deadly energy blast careened through the air, hellbent on fatally damaging Beatnik. Myun, at this point, threw an orb of her own power at the blast, imbuing it with a deadlier force.

"Nyah, Nyah! Bet you can't hit me with a long-range attack, right here! Show me your stuff, or are you not awesome enough, huh?" Red taunted her opponent again, pointing to her stomach and then smoothly having her cloak cover her body as she silently procured a shaking beehive from her basket, hiding it under her cape. If the navi took the bait, the beehive would protect it's summoner, and counterattack, swarming the assailant with 50 bees and stinging at her rapidly.

"Slow and steady wins the race," Red muttered to herself as the wind picked up around her, ready to push her out of the way of another attack after the one that might hit the RiskyHoney.

Turn Summary
*Whine
1. Boomerang1 to Beatnik [60 Wood DMG, mainly distraction]
2. Zapring1 to Beatnik [40 Elec DMG and Stun]
3*. Break MarkCannon1 to Beatnik [70 Break DMG and Lock-On]
4. RiskyHoney1 [Counter for 5x10 Wood DMG]
*Gust: Dodge

Myun's Actions:
*Imbue Break to MarkCannon1
1. Dodge
Things looked like they were going to go badly.

A bomb dropped to the ground in the middle of the impending fight. Heavy smoke spewed out of it, creating an impenetable cloud that ballooned on invisible updrafts. Beatnik, propelled by her magnetic rings, went tearing heedlessly straight through the smoke. The wind of her passage sent it blasting away.

Beatnik pulled up short. There had been a Navi in the smoke that she somehow hadn't run over.

He was fairly short, and the floating Beatnik towered over him. His sooty grey hair was mostly covered by a welding mask that was worn atop his head. His eyes smouldered quietly, like a banked fire. Under a long-sleeved, short-trunked shirt the colour of ash was a bodysuit the colour of flame.

Beatnik hadn't stopped of her own volition. She had done so because the Navi had grabbed hold of her single long tail of hair.

She was splayed out a rather uncomfortable-looking angle. The metal rings that kept her aloft wanted to keep going, but the Navi holding her was preventing that. Beatnik waved her arms around madly, trying to break free, but the intruder wasn't going to have any of that.

"Okay, what?" she nearly yelled at the Navi, bending over almost backwards to see. The intruder's face remained straight. He picked absently at the flap of the satchel he wore on his belt. Across from the satchel was some kind of bronze box, complete with a hose hooked to it.

"You might want to think about finding a way to shield the size of your data signature."

Beatnik's eyes went wide. "You're a cop!?"

"Guess so." The Navi held up one hand, hidden in a thick fireproof glove; a holographic window appeared in front of it — his NetPolice badge. "Montag.EXE, head of the Department of Justice. You're under arrest."

"No way!" Beatnik whined, struggling to slip Montag's grip on her hair. The plates of armour that floated randomly around her started to spin faster, conveying her agitation. Suddenly a massive electromagnetic field, slightly bent in the middle, appeared in her hand; moving faster than most things could dream of, Beatnik whipped the magnetic boomerang towards Montag's face.

It glanced off the barrier of flame that sprung up to meet it, but as soon as the boomerang had been turned away, the protective wall fell to pieces. The strike had just been too much for it to bear.

The boomerang turned menacingly towards Red and Binary. The former leapt upwards, swept by the wind, and watched as it passed uselessly beneath her. The latter threw up a shield of tentacles to deflect it back at Beatnik. Montag had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit himself. As he did, Beatnik's hair slipped through his fingers, and his welding mask dropped over his face.

Now free of the Department of Justice's leader, Beatnik floundered away. Her magnetic foot-rings shot back, and in a moment, she was standing — or rather, hovering — upright again.

"Arrested?" Beatnik repeated. She grinned and shook her head derisively. "You aren't arresting shit, officer. Get ready to eat dust."

"Not if I shove a grenade down your throat first," Montag rasped from behind the mask. It was like he had an entirely different voice than a moment ago.

Everyone moved at once.

Beatnik went skating towards the civilians, intent on dealing with them before turning on the big guns. Somehow, the magentic force of her boots increased, propelling her even further above the rings that were between her feet and the ground. Binasplash's shockwave sent the rings flying away, but not Beatnik; she was several yards above the fight now, but descending fast. As she approached a painful landing on the ground, the rings picked up on her feet's magnetic fields again, and came shooting back. She 'landed' a good foot off the ground, with the rings between her heels and the tiles, as normal.

She was greeted by an annoyingly red-and-white boomerang crashing into her. "Lay offa those, will ya!?" she yelled as she fell. Beatnik threw out a hand and managed to push herself upright before she could land on the ground and leave herself in a very difficult position to escape from. However, Red wasn't done yet; another attack, this one an electrical chakram, went sailing towards the foe. Beatnik smirked at the sight of this. A piece of sky-blue armour swung around her front, and the Zapring broke on it. However, she had misjudged the angle, and static electricity went bursting into her face.

"Aw, come on," she complained, rubbing at her eyes. "Just give up and die already."

Binasplash proved to be less of an annoyance. All he did was deploy a legion of harmless little bubbles, cycling between red and blue.

Hearing something behind her, Beatnik turned; it was Montag, running on surprisingly quiet feet. The hose connected to the brass box at his side was in his hand, and it was gushing flame. He clocked Beatnik right in the lock cylinder that made up her chest, sending her skidding back a good couple of feet. A blast of static leapt from Beatnik's bodysuit to Montag, making him retract his arm with a snarl of moderate pain.
A Markcannon shot slammed relentlessly into her from behind. Sensing an advantage, Montag swung the nozzle of his hose right up into her face and sprayed flame all over it.

Beatnik managed to recover and darted out from between Montag and the attacks coming in from behind her. Two crackling arcs of electricity developed between her arms. She closed her hands, joining the arcs into dual circles.

"Hey, you know what?" she yelled at Red. "Shaddap!"

She hurled the circles at Red and Binasplash. Helpless to resist or get out of the way, the electricity hit both of them, sending jolts of debilitating force through their systems.

Infuriated by the attack on their temporary misterss, a storm of bees came flooding out of the hive that Red had hidden on her person. With a screech of some very bad language indeed, Beatnik took off. The bees were faster. She came out of the stinging cloud covered in painful red spots.

With a grumble of irritating at this unexpected resistance, Beatnik turned on one magnetic ring. Her red eyes locked on Montag. The second light on the border of her cylinder-chest went on.

Every piece of her sky-blue armour swung around and locked into a metal wall in front of her. Electricity danced along the edges, and began to gather into a massive charge in the middle of the armour-wall.

"You guys get one last warning! You'd better scram, or it's going to end pretty badly for you, head of the Department of Morons or not!"

With a sudden and massive roar of superheated air, a bolt of lightning at least four feet in height bridged the gap between her and Montag. It looked hardly pleasant for the NetPoliceman.

He was granted a bit of relief by the bubbles Binasplash had produced earlier. They settled on a cool blue colour and exploded, showering revitalizing water on Red, Binary, and Montag. Despite that, the department head didn't even so much as nod his thanks toward the civilian.

"Th-the D-department h-head...?" stammered a small voice. It was Item, whom everybody seemed to have forgotten about. He morphed from a clock radio to a paper airplane, caught a thermal up to Binary's shoulder, and settled there in the form of a transistor radio. "You must be careful, friends! I never thought that Montag himself would — no, he wouldn't have come himself, would he? Sent, yes, he must have been sent to deal with this madwoman...but do be careful!" he pleaded. He turned his volume down several notches. "Montag is power, but he is also danger, like an open flame. He is one of the most feared members of the entire NetPolice system. Proceed with caution!"

If Montag had heard anything, he didn't show. That welding mask, hiding his face, suddenly seemed more sinister.

Terrain: 100% Normal

Beatnik.EXE: 2750 HP
Montag.EXE: 2325 HP

Red.EXE: 165 HP (1-action stun!)
Binary.EXE: 65 HP (1-action stun!)
Chris did one good, proper headdesk as he saw Beatnik using electricity-themed abilities. He'd goofed bigtime, sending SplashCross against an Elec-element Navi. "Binary, you okay?" he asked cautiously.

Meanwhile, Binasplash was dusting himself off. His movements were a bit erratic, suggesting a stun effect, but he didn't really look that bad considering he'd taken a hit of raw electricity. "I've had worse, Chris. Remember that Mailman guy's mail truck attack? Now THAT hurt something awful," the Aqua Navi replied. "Now then, how about some chips?"

"I'll give you some time to work off the stun, but I'd rather save the chips for later. I'll send you one chip, but let you choose which. Run around with some signature programs for the rest," Chris said.

"Uhh, hmm. Mind sending me a CactusBall?" Binasplash asked. It was done, and the Navi had another weapon at his disposal.

Meanwhile, he delved inward while his body worked off the stun effect, looking at his signature programs, all lined up for use. The Streamliner was a given, but it might be a bit of trouble deciding what to attach it to. He decided on Firewall for some extra reassurance that he wouldn't get any more HP chunked off this (turn). But the last one....

Then he saw it. An extra folder he hadn't seen. Peering into it's depths, he was excited to see that there was a Process Upgrade inside; one derived from SplashCross and already written by Chris in his spare time. It doesn't have to be said that he instantly prepared the data. Binasplash's plan was in operation.

Firstly, the Navi turned to the little transistor radio on his shoulder. "Item, you remember the strategy we deployed during our fight with Evinn and Grey? It worked well the last time; I see no reason not to try it again this time. Hang on a second," he said. From his back, a nearly-impossible number of hose-tentacles sprung, waving wildly for a few seconds before Binasplash got them under control. In another few seconds, they had arranged into a weblike shroud behind Binary, with, again, noticable holes big enough to fit pretty much any gun you wanted through. "I'm activating the Firewall now," Binasplash announced, before uploading the Firewall program.

Binasplash's Navi emblem seemed to raise up a couple centimeters, revealing miniscule vents behind it. Suddenly, Arctic-level winds started blowing from the little vents. Water tends to freeze when exposed to air of this degree, and Binasplash's slick scales and armor were almost perpetually covered in some degree of wetness. The result was that a crystalline coating of ice formed around the Aqua Navi, though much tougher than it looked and not actually ice.

Binasplash, while he'd been altering his tentacles to make a weapons platform for Item, had arranged two things for sure; his tail was pointed directly at Beatnik, and every single one of his smaller tentacles eventually led into the ground. At the moment, the positioning of his tail was most important, as something could be heard rattling around inside. A few seconds later, a large green ball of spikes shot out like a cannonball from a cannon, on a crash course with Beatnik.

However, Binasplash didn't really care whether that hit or not, as he'd merely used that as a sort of diversion to determine which way Beatnik would dodge. In any case, he started scanning behind his icy coating, targeting the Mafia Navi's code and pinpointing it.

A rushing sound was suddenly heard from Binasplash, like the sound of a raging river. In truth, gallons upon gallons of water were surging through the many tentacles he'd set up as a wall for Item. This was it; the Sanctuary Fountain. The panels below started bulging ever so slightly, now having a second role to carry other than to provide Navis with something to stand on. Their new role was to carry the data for the Fountain.

The water reached the panel directly beneath Beatnik (otherwise known as whatever he might have actually targeted), the panel suddenly vanished. The result was a spectacular eruption equal to that of a volcano's first-wave blast of ash and smoke. A huge geyser sprang into the air, crashing down on the panels below it and creating a small lake. And most importantly, Binasplash could see data mixed in with the water.

He quickly grew a few more hoses that weren't effected by the Stonebody, and sent them into the new lake. They started working as vaccuums, but weren't sucking up water, but the various despersements of data mixed within the water. They eagerly ate the foreign data up, transferring it into Binasplash's internal systems and transferring it into useful data.

With that done, Binasplash retracted the vaccuum tentacles and simply stood there, as a massive web of hoselike tentacles.

*Streamlined.... (Add +1 Accuracy to Sanctuary Fountain)

1. STUNNA!

2. Firewall (Stonebody for the turn, let Item use as cover)

3. CactBall1 to Beatnik (20x3 x2)

4. Streamlined Sanctuary Fountain to Beatnik (20 Lifedrain, makes Medium Sea Terrain centered around Beatnik, +1 Accuracy)
Red sighed in relief after all her attacks had connected. It was pure luck that the Boomerang had initially struck without the enemy's notice, but the more damage the better. She cringed as Beatnik's own electric attack hit the crimson crusader.

At the sight of Montag, and Item's explanation of the Department Head, the red-cloaked navi shivered. Indeed, this was one person to NOT mess with, so she thought in her head. The wind navi then proceeded to shake off the debilitating effects of Beatnik's last attack and turned to her operator.

"Hey Shin, what's your evaluation of Montag's status?" she asked, wondering on how well she could work with the new NetPolice officer. Meanwhile, Binary initiated his own attack at Beatnik.

"Well, from my point of view, definitely a fire elemental, doesn't seem to be of any particular subtype though," Shin commented, conjuring the analysis from Montag's actions. "Alright, let's start off with something shocking," the netop suggested, noticing the newly formed water panels, as he slotted in a couple of chips.

"Roger that. Mr. Montag, you might want to get away from those panels!" Red called out to the NetPolice agent. "And now, time for Miss Nickelodeon to taste some more of her own stuff! Hiyah!" the red-caped wonder commented, swiftly extracting a horseshoe magnet from her picnic basket and blasting a powerful surge of electricity from it at her egotistical opponent. Hopefully, the new sea terrain would boost the effect as well.

"Not done yet, here's some more!" the crimson crusader shouted, drawing out a long wooden log from her basket. The fairy tale character let out a grunt as she hurled the log like a javelin at the enemy with all her might, hoping that it would leave a fatal mark on the opponent. Myun sent a bit of her own power to the improvisational throwing weapon as well, granting it more destructive might.

"Phew, let's go skating for a bit, 'kay Myun?" Red asked her animal companion. The bunny rabbit gave a firm nod, and the two began skipping along the battlefield, singing "Tra la la la la~" merrily as they attempted to dodge any incoming attacks.

The wind picked up around the two, ready to push the red-hooded one out of the way of danger, should the time arise.

Turn Summary:
1. Stunned
2. Magbolt1 at Beatnik [90 Elec DMG x2 (Sea Terrain) = 180 Elec DMG]
3*. Break Ringlog1 at Beatnik [50 Wood Break DMG x2 (Elemental Weakness?) = 100 Wood DMG]
4. Dodge
*Gust: Dodge

Myun's Actions:
*Add Break to Ringlog1
1. Dodge
<(Baump.)>
"That strateg—GAH!" Item-the-transistor-radio toppled straight off Binasplash's shoulder as countless hoses sprung from the Crossed Navi's back. Realization dawned on Item as Binasplash literally froze. Transforming into a beach ball, the NetPoliceman rolled behind the Firewalled Navi, and turned into a massive stationary grenade launcher, pointing at a spot just above Binasplash's head.

Like a tumbleweed born on a Western wind, the Cactball bounced toward Beatnik...and right past her. It had been those darn spikes, smacking off the ground at funny angles and knocking the poor, unreliable Cactball about on a drunken course. She gave the failed attack only the slightest of glances, grinned impishly, and glanced up at Montag.

"Some pretty awesome buddies you've got going he--"

Rumbling made her look down. The panels below her bulged. She opened her mouth to say something that was most likely offensive, but was beaten to the punch by a geyser of water blasting up from beneath her. Beatnik practically disappeared into the aqueous tower. She managed to push herself backwards and out of the spout. Now she resembled a bedraggled cat, with her short green hair plastered down and water dribbling off her floating armour in rivulets.

Montag took Red's advice. A single step carried him backwards, out of the shallow water and to the edge of dry land. He folded his arms, and from behind that austere welding mask came a single, dry, almost soulless "ha."

Through the quickly dying fountain, Beatnik saw the Magbolt en route to her location. She didn't even have to look to know that the sea panels she was residing on wouldn't soften the blow. With downright abnormal speed, Beatnik shot away, leaving the slightest of afterimages in her wake. She was long gone by the time the Magbolt landed. It discharged its electricity uselessly into the pond.

Montag, meanwhile, had been busy unfolding his arms. He reached into his side-satchel and came up with a small and rectangular silver package. He cradled it almost like a child as he checked the wires that were wrapped around it like a nest of copper. Satisfied with the work, he turned to Beatnik, who had pulled up several dozen yards from the spot where the Magbolt had hit. He lobbed the packet easily over to her. It landed a couple of feet short.

"Oh, look, a bomb," Beatnik said in the drollest voice she could muster. She skated off, almost leisurely, to get away from it. Montag didn't seem the least bit irritated. He calmly took something else out of his satchel — a lighter, and a big one at that. It was made of shining brass, and its grip was set in the shape of a curling salamander — the same emblem that could be seen on the straps of his welding mask.

"It may be nothing more than a simple pack of C4 to you now," he said. He clicked the lighter, and a flame sprang up almost immediately. It was impossible for anyone to know what his face was really doing under that visor of smoked glass, but from the change in his voice, it was quite clear that he was smiling. "Fire is life. It grants life, it takes life. It scours the world clean. Without fire, you nor I nor any of you three would exist, because mankind would never have evolved to a level capable of supporting the Cyberworld."

"Do I care?" Beatnik shot back.

"You should. Because fire will end you."

Then Beatnik was all in his face. Several pieces of her blue armour had locked into place around one hand, in a vaguely drill-like shape, and she was driving it straight towards Montag's midsection. The NetPoliceman reached around his back and unhooked the small silver circle that hung at the rear of his belt. It expanded like an umbrella until it was a huge shield made of tinfoil. Shockingly, the drill-bit skidded along the aluminum shield, unable to piece it.

In one hand was the shield, the only thing between Beatnik and him. In Montag's other hand was the lighter, and the flame still flickered there. He ignored Beatnik completely despite the fact that she was no more than two feet away; all of his consciousness was centred on that one flame.

The drill snuck around the edge of the tinfoil shield, and slashed Montag's side open. Smirking, she swept back. The armour broke apart and returned to its nebulous existance in the floating mass around her body.

Very calmly, Montag closed the shield into its original, compressed form with a flick of his wrist. He stowed it on the back of his belt again. The wound seemed not to matter to him at all. Beatnik's triumph melted off her face. Still absorbed by the flame, Montag put a hand between himself and it.

Suddenly the lighter-flame roared higher, and a controlled combustion occurred between it and Montag's gloved hand. The lighter spat out a sizeable fireball, flying straight toward...

...the packet of C4 ten feet away from Beatnik.

She was caught up in the massive explosion that roared across the netscape. The heat of it toasted Red's and Binary's eyeballs. Item-the-grenade-launcher grew a small speaker and whimpered slightly in fear.

"Now can you see why he is so feared, friends?" Item cried over the roar of the explosion. Montag stood in the very teeth of the blaze, enjoying every second of the stifling heat and crisping fire. There was no logical way that such a small bit of C4 could have sparked such an inferno.

"You're a creep!" howled Beatnik's voice from somewhere in the midst of the dying blast. "THIRD LOCK! WHIRLWIND JIVE!"

Suddenly, inexplicably, she appeared right out of thin air, directly behind Montag. She was definitely scorched, singed, and smudged with smoke. The third light on the cylinder had gone on, while the second was now flashing rather than solid, as it had been a moment ago. Before Montag could even realize she was there, Beatnik kneed him square in the back. Montag dropped forward, onto his knees, and into the shallow end of the lake.

Electricity erupted around Beatnik's right hand, and she slammed it into the back of his head. A full-scale lightning storm unloaded on the NetPoliceman, feeding off the highly conductive salt water below him. With a yell of horrible pain, Montag pitched forward and lay still in the shallows. His welding mask tumbled to a stop just beyond his reach.

Beatnik skidded back. She shook the last of the sparks off her arm and, satisfied with her job, turned to face the civilians and Item.

"Take this, you...you...!!" Item seemed lost for words. "You...Nickelodeon freak!"

His entire grenade-launcher body shook, firing a bomb off from behind the protective icy barrier of Binasplash. The arcing bomb caught her off-guard.

"Now, about you idiots," she grumbled, brushing away the shrapnel that had scattered across her front from the bomb. She slammed one palm into the ground, and raised it again; following it was a Rockcube that rose straight out of the tiles. At the sight of the log that Red was horking toward her, Beatnik dove behind the cube. The Ringlog broke uselessly against the solid face of the Rockcube.

"Ah. That's...ah," Montag gasped. He seemed frozen facedown in the water. His mouth and nose were just above the surface. He chuckled regretfully — something that the masked Montag never would have done. From his grunts of effort, he was probably trying to pick himself up, but the shock of Beatnik's massive attack had completely scrambled his programming. "This is...embarassing. I'm sorry. That's not really the example a Department head should be setting, mm?"

"It'll be a worse one once I've deleted you," Beatnik volunteered from behind the Rockcube. She half-stood, bracing an elbow on top of the Rockcube, and yelled at the civilians. "AND WOULD YOU IDIOTS QUIT CALLING ME THAT!? WHAT THE HECK IS A NICKELODEON, ANYWAY!?"

Terrain: 75% Normal, 25% Sea

Beatnik.EXE: 2430 HP
Montag.EXE: 1975 HP

Red.EXE: 165 HP
Binary.EXE: 85 HP

Rockcube: 100 HP
Red pouted as none of her attacks landed a hit on the enemy. But her eyes widened in surprise at Beatnik's defensive object.

"Shin, do you-" Red began, pointing at the Rockcube, but her operator quickly interrupted her.

"Yeah, I see it. I think she made a big mistake putting that up as well," Shin commented, his red eyes narrowing at the PET's holoscreen displaying the current battle. His eyes shifted over to the unmasked Montag and the man's mind pondered on the officer's earlier actions regarding the use of fire. The operator fingered through his folder and drew out two chips and smirked subtly at the ones he had chosen.

Meanwhile, Red was thoroughly replying to Beatnik's question, holding an open dictionary procured by her support unit through the use of the picnic basket.
"A nickelodeon is a public music-generating machine, a cabinet containing an automatic record player where records are played by inserting a coin, usually a nickel. The user would then scroll through the music tracks and play the one he or she preferred," the red-caped wonder explained, clamping the dictionary shut and stowing it away in her basket. "Did you learn something today Miss Beatnik? Good, because it's not going to be the last thing." With that, Red quickly drew out a multitude of paper charms with Chinese Characters painted on them. The wind in the air soon picked up at alarming rates in the area. The crimson crusader mumbled a spell while swiftly arranging the tags in front of her, suspending them in midair. An aura similar to her namesake glowed softly around each placed charm. Soon enough, the array was finished, representing a simple wall of the tags. The wind navi clasped her hands together, and hummed, resonating her power through the tags. The cyclone from before increased its speed drastically, but narrowed the area it covered to the distance between Beatnik and Red.

"Now!" Shin commanded, sending his two preselected chips in.

"Wind Mistral! The stone bridging both worlds lies in my right hand, the sword securing reality in my left, black-haired shepard, chair of hanged men, with the arrival of the stratus we strike the ibis! Legendary Art! FUUKA SHOURAI!" Red yelled, ending her chant, striking forward at her array, which scattered in all directions, forming a swirling circle which the gust from before converged around, and in one gigantic burst, blasted through the hole the charm ring had formed, heading dangerously toward the Rockcube, straining with all its effort, that, on impact, the stone block would slam into its summoner, Beatnik, and cause some major damage.

The wind navi sighed, and then questioningly raised her eyebrows at the chip data sent to her. "What the? Hey Shin, how is this supposed to help?" she asked her operator.

"Well, it seems Montag is truly a pyromaniac," Shin started, slurping some lemonade through a straw. "So, this is just to get on his good side."

"Well, the way he does things is kinda cool," Red cheerfully replied. "Alright! Let's take this magnet lady out!" At that instant, two crimson flames burst into existence in Red's hands.
"Hey Montag-san! I think fire's great too! That stuff you did earlier with your own was really cool! Now it's my turn!" the crimson crusader called out to the Netpolice Officer.
"Crimson Lord. The great skies hold the entrapping heat. Sunshine courses through the earth, and things are born anew. Cradling reality, the wings of flame descend. Legendary Art! KASHIN SHOURAI!" the red-caped navi shouted, the fire in her hands growing larger as she chanted the spell. Red struck forward in sequential motion, right hand first, then left, sending the blazing energy in her palms forward and searing through the air as they crackled toward the opponent dangerously.

"Alright, that's it for now, stay safe," Shin advised, wiping his brow.

"Roger that," Red replied as she watched the enemy closely, ready to leap out of the way of any oncoming attack. Myun followed her mistress' example, ready to move.

Turn Summary:
*Gust: Microburst Rockcube into Beatnik's face [??? DMG]
1. Heatshot1 to Beatnik [40 Fire DMG, splash]
2. Heatshot1 to Beatnik [40 Fire DMG, splash]
3-4. Dodges

Myun's Actions:
1. Dodge
For what seemed like the fiftyth goddamn time, Chris got up from his fallen chair and said simply, "Whoa." The massive, logic-defying explosion had been so sudden that he'd once again fallen backwards. The other customers at the cafe just looked at him blankly; it was nothing new. So, as he focused back on the battle, he heard Red's dictionary quote. Smirking, he said, "Binary, get your head into the game and do something useful. What's the situation?"

Binasplash quickly looked around, saying after a few seconds, "Montag's been hit pretty badly, but he'll live judging by his HP count. Red just went Katon: Gokakyuu no Jutsu on Beatnik, who is now perched behind a Rockcube, which Red seeming to be plotting something with. And I'm standing in the middle of nowhere, slightly more healthy but completely and utterly open. What do I do?"

Chris looked over his chip folder, then slotted in a couple. "First things first, crack that ice since it's going to be melting soon anyway, and get Montag out of your Sanctuary and closer to you and Item so he can get some breather room to recover in. Then, just use the chips I'm sending you. Dodge around for a bit afterwards. 'Kay?" he ordered.

"'Kay," Binasplash confirmed, getting back to the battle. Looking over the chips he'd been sent, he found a Firehit and a Cornshot. "Nice one, Chris," Binasplash muttered under his breath. He turned behind him and said, "Nice shot, Item. But the Firewall's about run it's course by now. Might wanna get back a bit."

At this, numerous ominous-looking cracks appeared in the icy armour that coated Binasplash. The titanic tail that was Binasplash's entire lower half started wiggling ever so slightly, making a spiderweb of cracks along it's length. His arms and torso started doing the same thing, as did his maze of tentacles. Soon, he was jingling in a musical cacophony of scraping, cracking noises as he freed up as much space inside his shell as he could. With a final sudden jerk of his entire body at once, the Firewall fell away, cascading down Binasplash's slippery body to the ground, where it disappeared in a mess of junk data.

Free of his protective shell, Binasplash turned his attention and his tentacles to Montag. "Upsy-daisy," Binasplash muttered, sending a small force of tentacles; maybe five or six, over to the fizzing Navi. Upon reaching him, they looped themselves around his shoulders, lifting him out of the water with a bit of effort and bringing them to Binasplash. "You okay, err, umm, Officer?" Binasplash asked, uncertain of the exact title that should be used. "I know I have no right to say this, but I think you should take it easy for a little bit. You took a nasty shock from Beatnik," he said lightly.

He retracted his tentacles from around Montag's arms and locked eyes with Beatnik. He started lowering himself to the ground, placing his palms on the damp ground as if he were about to do push-ups. He then decided to defy all laws of gravity and basic physics by bringing his massive tail up and over him, arching it like a scorpion's tail and pointing the hoselike tip at Beatnik.

The massive hoselike tip suddenly jutted straight up to the sky, and a coal-black liquid started to bubble from it, running down the length of the tail and staining the scales black. "Is that oil?" Chris asked.

"You betcha," Binasplash confirmed, before expelling a single, tiny spark from the hose. The result was almost instantaneous; Binasplash was suddenly holding a flaming behemoth over his head. "Need to warm up a bit, Beatnik? You look a bit cold!" Binasplash shouted, laughing as he pointed the flaming tail at Beatnik once more. The flames and oil abruptly vanished back into the hose, leaving only one sign that it was ever there: the metal ring on the lip of the tail glowed white-hot, like a brand.

Unexpectedly, the tail suddenly shot forward, exceeding what should've been it's normal reach by many times. The glowing ring streaked on it's way to Beatnik, apparently intent on branding her with a ring bigger than a dinner plate. By the time it had impacted, Binasplash immediately retracted it back to it's original length, and set it back down as he got up off the ground.

Binasplash's back suddenly came alive in a flurry of tentacles, all shooting up from beneath the scales and locking in their positions: pointing at Beatnik. At the same time, a visor appeared over Binasplash's eyes, a very visible targeting reticle dead center of the glowing blue strip of data. "Chris, I now know how you feel when you're playing those first-person shooters in the arcades," Binasplash commented before opening fire.

An audiable, "Ratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat!" sound similar to machine-gun fire was heard from Binary's tentacles as glowing yellow corn pellets were launched mercilessly like bullets. Each left a stream of yellow as it streaked through the air, creating a dazzling line of yellow from Binasplash to what he thought was Beatnik; it was a bit hard to tell with this visor on.

"After a while, Binasplash felt his stash of ammunition deplete. A few seconds of rapid fire later, his stocks vanished completely. "Aww, man, outta bullets," he complained childishly, reminding Chris of Splashman.

"So, what now? Chris asked.

Silence...

"Binary?" he asked cautiously.

"Meep!" Binasplash suddenly squeaked, putting his belly to the ground and wiggling his tail furiously. He started slithering along the ground in a humorous impression of a snake, all the while saying, "Meep!"

"...Binary?"

*Streamlined...: (+1 Accuracy to Cornshot1)

1. Get Montag nearby Item/Dodge

2. Firehit1 to Beatnik (50)

3. Streamlined Cornshot1 to Beatnik (60x2, +1 Accuracy)

4. Meep! (Dodge)
<(Bump.)>
Beatnik stuck her head out from behind the Rockcube again once the volleys of assault had ceased. Her short green hair slapped against her face as she looked around, marking out the positions of Montag, Item, Red and Binasplash.

"You losers want to go any faster or anything?" she barked rudely. Slowly, Montag started to pick himself back up out of the water created by Binasplash's Sanctuary Fountain. He reached creakily toward his welding mask, but the effort of trying to overcome the disruption subroutines that Beatnik had forced into his system. "Better hurry and get up," Beatnik called, "or I might smash your head in before you can get that thing on!"

She clambered easily onto the top of the Rockcube. It was a bit of an odd effect, seeing as the magnetic rings kept her feet from actually touching the stone surface. Beatnik pointed toward the media window that had long since gone silent and dark. With a snap of her fingers, it exploded in a colourful but harsh piece of music.

The charms gathered around Red, and she fired a blast of wind straight at the Rockcube that Beatnik stood atop. In a split second, Beatnik realized her error. With her trademark insane speed, she kicked off the Rockcube, pulled off a pretty commendable backflip in midair, and somehow wound up horizontally in the air, with her feet pointing toward the Rockcube.

The polarity of her boots reversed dramatically. The magnetic rings were forced away by the repulsion, and they clanged into the side of the Rockcube. The massive electromagnetic force sent the Rockcube shooting off. Beatnik suffered the same effect — she went shooting backwards and tumbled head-over-heels, but she had done what she wanted. The Rockcube roared straight through the weak wind blast that Red had deployed. It crashed into her and shattered into countless fragments on impact.

Montag was watching from his hands and knees. He smiled, just a little, before he slipped the welding mask over his face again. Then it was back to the old Montag, the creature of mystery and soot that was determined to burn everything into the ground.

But even Montag couldn't stop the numerous tentacles that shot out of the pool below him and lifted him clear. He dangled in a rather compromising position in front of Binasplash. His emotions were concealed by the welding mask. "Department head," he corrected with a hiss like evaporating steam. When the tentacles released him, he flipped down onto his feet, and reached for his satchel again. Needless to say, 'taking it easy' was the last thing he intended to do.

"Mr. Montag, sir...?" queried Item the toy helicopter, as he buzzed past the department head's shoulder. "Th-that was quite the impact you--"

"Out of the way," Montag commanded shortly. He waved Item aside with a small sticky-bomb that he had extracted from his satchel. The toy helicopter floated well out of the way, not wanting to have the bomb stuck to it.

Beatnik had picked herself up and was charging, blur-like, at dead speed toward the group. Montag stepped between Binasplash and Red and then past them, running on an interception course. Behind that welding mask, flaming eyes judged the distance and the velocity.

[3.27: Yeah though I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death/ I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me/ Locked and loaded, gonna find my truth now/ I'm busting through/ And hell breaks loose]

He timed it perfectly. The department head whipped off his mask, slammed the sticky bomb against the inside, and mashed it into Beatnik's face. It stopped her cold, and the bomb exploded between the interior of the mask and her face. All Binasplash and Red saw was a small puff of smoke and a distant and quiet boom. Sparks of electricity leapt from Beatnik's body to Montag's, tearing minute gashes in his shirt.

"Nickelodeon," Montag said quietly, but with feeling. He pulled the welding mask off her face, shook the soot out of it, and put it on again.

Beatnik floundered back, with her hands clasped over her face. She was yelling at the top of her lungs, too loud to make any sense. With one trembling finger she pointed threateningly at all of them in general.

"YOU'RE ALL DEAD!"

She rammed that hand into the keyhole of the locking cylinder in her chest. The first light went on.

"ELECTRIC SLIDE!"

The air around her fizzled briefly with magnetism, and she disappeared.

But then, a second later, she was back — just a couple of feet to the right of her original position. Something seemed to have gone seriously wrong, but regardless, Beatnik shot off at a breakneck pace, straight toward the civilians. Every free-floating piece of her sky-blue armour swung around to form a wall in front of her. Electromagnetic force danced across its face. The construction looked potent enough to shred anything it touched into its basic particles.

Red hurled flame at the incoming Mafioso. Montag cranked around to stare at her in wonder. The first fireball seemed to be on a perfect course with Beatnik...but, oddly enough, it just didn't make contact with any part of the rushing Navi or her electromagnetic armour-wall. It just...missed.

The second one flew a little wide, but it hit something invisible, and long singes mysteriously opened up across Beatnik's violently yellow bodysuit. What was going on here?
Binasplash decided to have a try with a Firehit. His superheated tail-hose shot toward Beatnik, snaked around the wall of armour in front of her, but the sheer wind of her passage knocked it aside...and into something solid and invisible—what Red had hit with her second Heatshot. Again, the attack hadn't touched Beatnik, but a dark ring was burnt into her side. More electricity hopped from Beatnik's polarized body to Binasplash's tail upon impact.

Despite Binasplash's advanced targeting system, the machine-gun corn kernels simply passed through Beatnik. Was it an illusion, or what? But somehow, the civilians were hitting her without touching her...

"LOOK OUT!" Item yowled, and the speaker-mounted helicopter lifted higher. Beatnik and her armour-wall shot past just underneath him, sending Item flying away on the breeze of her passage. Red and Myun flung themselves out of the way, borne on a different wind, and Binasplash just managed to meep out of Beatnik's path.

The armour-wall broke up again, returning to its orbital state, and Beatnik skidded to a halt. She flung out one arm, and three huge spikes of electricity appeared around her hand. They shot off toward Montag, and slammed into him like the nails of an absurd crucifixion.

"I hope you morons are ready to die!" Beatnik yelled again, in genuine fury. Then she disappeared.

Binasplash, Item, Red and Montag could hear the crackling of atmospheric electricity, the humming of magnetism being thoroughly screwed with...

Suddenly there were three Beatniks. They were all practically on top of Montag, Red, and Binasplash. Item, for the moment, seemed to be forgotten. Each clone Beatnik wielded a massive sword made of her floating blue armour and held together by lightning.

Along with the song that was playing, she roared, "MY AIM IS TRUE!"

Well, it wasn't quite true. Two of the Beatniks ripped into Montag and Binasplash with their swords (Binasplash felt it much worse than Montag did, with the electricity taking advantage of his aquatic persuasion). Red grabbed Myun and the two of them were barely able to escape the slash.

The trio of Beatniks fused together into one entity again. She folded her arms and smirked, floating slowly backwards on the magnetism of her metal foot-rings.

"That fool," Montag growled. His voice surprised both Red and Binasplash; they hadn't quite been aware in the midst of the commotion that the department head had gotten quite close to them. He ran a hand across the still-staticking wound down his front.

"Everyone!" Item cried, shooting towards them. "Are you all right!?"

"Item, keep an eye on the suspect."

The toy helicopter was stunned into silence for a moment. Clearly, being given an order by the department head himself was beyond Item's wildest dreams. "C-certainly, sir! W-with my l-life!"

Montag pushed the welding mask up onto the top of his head. Despite his injury, his smile actually reached his eyes. He put his gloved hands on the shoulders of Red and Binasplash.

"That fire...that was a nice use of it. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting you to turn to the power of fire. But you understand it, don't you? The beauty of it?" Montag's eyes acquired a thousand-mile gloss for a second as he thought about it, but he quickly snapped back to reality. "The cleansing agent. The one thing humanity couldn't invent. The humans had to harness it. Without it, they never would have evolved. Without that evolution, none of us would be here. We owe everything to fire. You get it, right? Fire can save us. Let me show you..."

Montag stepped past them, until the two civilians were between him and Beatnik. He took a vial from his satchel and started pouring its contents on the ground. An impossible amount of wax came out, forming a tower that vaguely resembled a half-melted candle. There was no way that such a volume of wax could possibly have fit in such a tiny container, but there it was, as real as Montag was. He snapped off four pieces of wax and set them aflame with his ornate salamander-lighter. Two of the candles he handed to Red and Binasplash; a third he tossed to Item, who grew a grappling claw to snatch it out of the air. The fourth he kept for himself.

Then Montag lit the main candle.

The civilians immediately felt better. The big candle's flame was a weird green colour, and seemed to be transmitting healing signals toward the smaller candles they had been issued.

"Keep hold of those," Montag told them. He ran a delicate finger down the side of his own candle, and a soft smile came to his face. "They'll take care of you. Now..."

He dragged the welding mask down over his face again. Immediately he changed back to his cold and detached form. He shouldered roughly past Red and Binary, pointing his candle toward Beatnik.

"AND WITH THIS FIRE, I WILL BURN THE VERY MEMORY OF YOU FROM THIS NETWORK!"

[Don't worry about the candles. Don't let them prohibit the number of free hands you've got. They're pretty much just there for fluff.]

Beatnik.EXE: 2200 HP
Montag.EXE: 1805 HP

Item.EXE (toy helicopter): 85 HP

Red.EXE: 80 HP
Binary.EXE: 30 HP
Myun: 75 HP

Rockcube: DELETED!
Candle: 100 HP
Red's eyes widened as, after her own cyclone was fired, the Rockcube came sailing into her. She threw both arms up for protection, but to no avail as the stone obstacle crashed into her with all its remaining weight. The red-caped navi let out a cry of pain as she stumbled backward and fell, behind first, on the ground.

"Red! You all right!?" Shin cried out to his navi in concern. He whacked the back of the bench he was sitting on and grit his teeth. It seemed that the attack meant for Beatnik had already been used against them. What an opponent, Shin thought angrily as Red proceeded her attack, but to their surprise, the first one missed, entirely. What REALLY boggled them was that the second blast hit something, and DID deal damage to Beatnik. On the incoming Armor Wall however, Red and Myun swept themselves out of the Mafiosi's way. Binary's next attack confirmed the trio's suspicion.

"Well Shin, what do you think?" the crimson crusader asked her operator as she grabbed Myun and jumped back, avoiding the triple Beatniks' blue sword. Red winced as she saw Binary and Montag's HP count drop drastically from the attack. That HAD to hurt, she sympathized, putting Myun down.

"That 'Electric Slide' seems to produce a Decoy in the form of her attacking, and the real target remains Invisible off to the side. We'll have to watch out for that one, though, it's not like we'll see it too soon," Shin commented, producing an analysis of Beatnik's confusing maneuver. He sipped his lemonade thoughtfully and then removed his sunglasses from the top of his forehead, stowing them away in his jacket.

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, Red bowed courteously to Montag after receiving the candle. She smiled cheerfully, replying to his questions with the following statement. "Well, humans progress at extraordinary rates. Fire definitely helped them out that way. Alright, let's beat this bad lady together Mr. Montag! Shin!" Upon his navi's call, the self-declared Ace Netbattler grinned as he scrolled through the PET's various menus. He landed on one that he hadn't used for a while. Looking through the options, Shin laughed inwardly, commenting blissfully, "I wish you were here Rigel, this is going to produce some BADASS shit." On that, he thrust his touch pen on the option selected. A single message appeared on the screen and in Red's visual system, causing the red-caped wonder to smirk evilly. And that was:

"PIANISSIMO SOUL CROSS ENGAGED."

Red burst into a towering column of black light which released a melodious tone upon appearing. Black flames burst out of the tower, spreading everywhere, crackling ominously for Beatnik. A whirlwind of dark feathers swirled around the column, producing a strong gust of wind that swept toward Beatnik, in an attempt to disorient the electric navi.

The black light exploded outward, sending a cacophonous rumble of sound throughout the area. When the shine settled, Red stood there, transformed, twirling Montag's candle playfully in her black armored hands. The former wind navi had exchanged her previous blood red cape for a dark black one. Her bodice up to her neck is covered completely in a black bodysuit, with a zipper going down the middle. The assassin now wears traditional Electopian wooden sandals on her feet and a purple sash is tied around the navi's waist with a katana in a sheath inserted in the sash above Red's left hip. The dark menace's hair has also become jet black to match her overall appearance and her eyes, instead of their once cheerful blue, are now a dangerously gleaming red. Her navi crest is adorned on her left shoulder on a piece of shoulder armor metal which is fastened by a small brown leather belt that slants diagonally across her body from the front and back. To finish it off, a black headband is tied around her forehead with a golden square in the center with the character for "death" in the same color of the square around it inside the square.
The assassin smirked in a sinister manner at Beatnik while placing her gifted candle within the folds of her cape.

"Let's dance," Red growled, her eyes flashing as she drew her sword. Shin had already sent her the necessary chip data seconds before, and she was brimming with it.

"If you liked my last attack, you'll LOVE this one, Department Head!" the black menace cackled, flipping her sword downward and dragging the blade into the floor in a straight line toward Beatnik. The katana arced upward, and at the moment of its release from the ground, black flames burst out of the edge of the crack Red had formed, roaring menacingly at Beatnik as they devoured the environment in front of them, aiming to engulf the Mafiosi in their midst.

Sheathing her blade, Red reached into the folds of her cloak, bringing out a giant bazooka, complete with a high-class targeting system. Myun bounced on top of her mistress's shoulder, and loaded the firearm with a bullet imbued with the support unit's own power. The boxing bunny gently hopped off of Red's shoulder, and took a couple bounces back, observing her mistress at work. She also waited for the opporturne moment to dodge any incoming attacks.

The sword navi grumbled incoherently as she aimed her weapon at Beatnik, peering through the targeting scope. Her own power resonated through the gun while the targeting vectors were doing their work. When the system signified the lock-on was complete, the black crusader grinned sadistically, her red eyes gleaming with bloodlust.
"Bitches don't know about my Markcannon," the warrior commented, as she pulled the trigger, letting loose a formidable blast of destructive energy screaming across the netscape Beatnik, aiming to deal some major damage to the electric navi. As the smoke poured out of the firearm from both ends of the barrel. The navi let out a small "tch" and discarded the weapon, having it dissolve into useless junk data.

Red drew her sword once more, and went into a defensive position. A black barrier surrounded the navi and sparkled lightly before resuming its original color. The reflective properties would ensure that any attack fired against it would be sent right back to the assailant. Assuming, of course, it wasn't something that broke Guards easily.

"You ok there Binary? Think you might wanna do some long range support to as many combatants possible," Red advised her partner as she held her ground. Her cape billowed in the wind of the net as she stared forward, ready for the next move.

Turn Summary:
*Gust: Disorient Beatnik
1. PianissimoCross Activate! [Normal/Sword Type. +10 to all Normal type chips]
2. Flameline1 to Beatnik [70 Fire DMG]
3*. Break MarkCannon1 to Beatnk [70 +10 Break DMG = 80 Break DMG]
4. Guard1 [Block one attack and Reflect 60. +10?]

Myun's actions
*Add Break to MarkCannon1
1. Dodge
Binasplash hissed in pain as he collided with Beatnik, biting his tongue to keep from yelling. He slumped down on his tail as an alternative method of getting on his knees, breathing heavily.

"Binary, you alright there?" Chris asked warily.

"I told you, I've had worse. It doesn't get much worse than getting run over by a mail truck," Binasplash replied sourly. "Though, that did still sting something awful," he muttered under his breath.

"Well, you're looking pretty bad as it is. Either way, here's the battle plan. We unload on Beatnik with a couple good chips, then meep away from harm or whatever," Chris explained. He picked two choice chips from his admittedly small arsenal and flicked them into the PET.

Binasplash overlooked his new toys. There was a Wideshot, and a Boomerang - perfect, large-effect chips. "Thanks, Chris. But if I survive to [[next turn]], I'm healing," he grunted, getting off his tail and standing(?) tall.

His back was suddenly alive with tentacles again, all thrashing around wildly as Binasplash hurriedly planned out his next move. The tentacles froze in midair all of a sudden, and then rushed into position, all of them pointing at the ground directly in front of Binasplash, at about a 45 degree angle. "Target in position....WATER!" the Navi exclaimed, unleashing a high-pressure jet of water from each of his hoses. He naturally got completely drenched in the backspray, but he didn't exactly care. The fruits of his efforts were coming anyway.

Soon, he'd been shooting enough water in that one spot that he was just shooting water instead of panels. As a result, the high-pressure jets started to move the big puddle forward, carrying it on until it was quite literally flying above the ground. It's shape changed, from a shapeless blob of water to a visible wave, screaming towards Beatnik with the wrath of a small tempest.

Their jobs done, Binaspalsh dismissed the spent tentacles, letting them retreat back into the depths of his scaly back. At the same time, he turned around, and noticed a key aspect: Red was gone. In her place, the most utterly BADASS ninja he'd ever seen was engaging Beatnik in epic combat. "...Whoa," Binasplash said, allowing himself to cease fire just for a moment so he could watch Red in her Cross that had to have been made of epic win.

Chris was having similar thoughts. "Man, I'm so glad I've been recording this whole adventure. I'm wanna use that design for something, but for what?" he said to himself. "More importantly, who was the Navi that made Red turn into something this awesome?" he then asked. He then noticed that Binasplash was just sitting there, completely open. "Binary, get your head outta the clouds. As utterly sweet as that is, we've still got some work to do," he said.

"Oh yeah, right! Now, lets see, how to use the Boomerang...got it!" Binasplash exclaimed, bringing his tail around him once more. He suddenly hissed in pain as a spark came from the massive scaled appendage. "Binary, you all right?" Chris asked.

"I'm fine. I'm just...not really that used to having an element I'm weak against," Binasplash answered, making a weak thumbs-up. "Oh yeah, almost forgot!" he said. His scanners opened up in front of his eyes, making a targeting reticle appear over Beatnik. "Watering now!" Binasplash chirped, before a few hollow clanks could be heard from inside the tail. Chris waited for something big.

Suddenly, a small object was shot out of the cannon. It looked like a metal ring with a blade-like leaf attached to it, but there was no way Chris didn't know what this was.

Binasplash caught the device, and spun it slowly around on a finger by the ring. With every full revolution that he completed, another leaf appeared from behind the original. After three spins, the Crossed Navi stopped spinning and locked eyes with Beatnik; a leaf-bladed Fuuma Shuriken in his hand.

With a soft, "Alleyoop!" he did one full spin on his tail, then threw the Shuriken at Beatnik. The knife-edged leaves spun wildly around the ring, eager to cause pain to the Elec Navi. The Boomerang-Shuriken itself whirled in a wide arc around the arena, intent on hurting Beatnik and nobody else; the leaves wanted that.

"Gonna start meeping now, Binary?" Chris asked.

"I've got a better idea," Binasplash said. He started slithering upright in a random direction, then made a small troop of tentacles on his back start spraying water on the ground. Once the ground directly in front of him was as slick as he was, he dropped completely and started belly-sliding along the wet panels at startling speed. His jets continued to make the terrain good and wet for him, so he could slide along. His eyes were continuously locked on Beatnik, making sure he would know what she was doing so he could try and dodge it.

"What, no meep this time?" Chris asked.

"Meep," Binasplash said half-heartedly. "There. You happy?" he asked.

"Nope."

"I hate you sometimes."

"Deal with it."

*Streamlined... (+1 Accuracy to Boomerang1)

1. Wideshot1 to Beatnik (60+10)

2. Streamlined Boomerang1 to Beatnik (60x2, +1 Accuracy)

3/4: Dodge
The wind from Red's transformation screeched down on Beatnik. The Mafioso hissed through her teeth and threw up a hand to block the spray that the wind picked up off the sea panels and threw into her face. Between her shielding fingers, Beatnik saw a caped and katana-wielding demon rushing toward her; at the last moment, Beatnik's floating armour swung around and intercepted the blast of black fire that had been en route to her face.

"Too slow!" she mocked, pulling a rude face at Red. "Crappy assassin of the darkness you are, huh? Can't even--"

Beatnik trailed off. Her red eyes flicked back and forth. Binasplash, Red, Item...where was--?

Something splashed on the back of her neck. Her hand shot around and clapped over it; when she took it away, she saw that there was some kind of silvery liquid there. Horrified, Beatnik turned.

Behind her, Montag grinned.

And spit.

The cyber-caesium reacted and ignited, covering Beatnik's unprotected back in flame. The Mafioso could hardly managed the opening note of her yell when Red blasted her with an empowered Markcannon. Binasplash sprayed water everywhere, and re-formed that into a aqueous blade that slammed into Beatnik at high speed.

Blue armour locked into place around her hands, forming a pair of massive gauntlets that buzzed with a powerful electrical charge. She tensed up one leg, and then she was off. This time, though, the flames were clearly visible on the back of the green-and-yellow blur. In a blink she was in front of Binasplash, one fist raised; a weak little meep got him just out of the punch's range. With its power spent, that gauntlet shattered.

Beatnik refused to be discouraged, though. She crossed the distance between Binasplash and Red in a quarter of a second or less, and threw her other gauntleted fist toward the badass assassin hottie. A barrier of pure darkness knocked the individual pieces of armour back into her face.

In a flurry of colour, Beatnik was before Montag, with both of her fists raised. The blue armour formed a massive piledriver that engulfed her arms up to her elbows. Her shadow fell over Montag, and there was nothing the NetPoliceman could do - the dual-handed hammerblow smashed down onto him, sending him sprawling.

"You blight on the fair surface of the Internet!" Item shouted self-righteously. He had planted himself behind Beatnik and assumed the shape of some kind of mechanical rig, designed to swing a sword horizontally at high speed. The blade in question was one made of ice, with consendation streaming off. The catch released, and the rig spun madly, thwacking Beatnik with the icy sword a grand total of two times before the fragile blade broke.

Montag took the distraction as a chance to recover. He fetched his ornate, salamander-carved lighter from his satchel. Out came a glass flask of gasoline, which he slotted into the lighter's bottom. One flick ignited a flame a full three feet high, forming a type of fiery sword. He heard the leafy shuriken rustling up from behind and managed to jump the projectile entirely. Beatnik, who had been too focused on getting a line on Montag's impending attack and avoiding it, didn't notice the boomerang until it had hit her - hard. As Montag descended, he swung the fiery lighter-sword down, scorching dual paths across Beatnik's yellow bodysuit.

"Bastard!" Beatnik practically screamed, kicking back and floating away on her magnetic foot-rings. "You're going to be the first to die, arsonist!"

Montag just watched the flickering flame on his candle through the glass slit in his welding mask.

Beatnik saw her opening and went shooting past him. Her long tail of hair slapped him in the mask, knocking Montag out of his trance. He read her trajectory and took off after her.

The Mafioso got there first. Red was her target. A sphere of shifting water formed between her hands, and she thrust it viciously toward Red, intending to drown her altogether.

Then Montag got in the way. He slid to a halt between Red and Beatnik. His aluminum tent-shield-thing was alreayd in his hands, but this time it was covered with wriggling glow-worms of lightning. The electricity went straight after the water, forming a matrix of shocking power that cancelled the water-sphere right out of existence. Beatnik's face contorted into an expression of fury, and she darted out of the way to avoid another lash of Montag's lighter-sword.

"Are you all right?" he asked of Red, hardly looking back at her.

"Yes, I'm quite all right!" Item called, in clock radio form, from nearby.

Beatnik.EXE: 1510 HP
Montag.EXE: 1750 HP

Item.EXE (clock radio): 100 HP

Red.EXE: 95 HP
Binary.EXE: 45 HP
Myun: 80 HP
Rockcube: DELETED!
Candle: 100 HP