Recruitment Fair

"Charmed," Aroma greeted DragonierMan, her hands leaving her cup to fold one over another. "I would always welcome any negotiations that could lead to a peaceful, cooperative relationship between our two alliances. Of course, I am merely a sponsor and not a proper officer, so if you ever have the desire to hold such a discussion, it would be my pleasure to put you in contact with my good friend, Bayonet. She's a ranked member of the NetPolice Department of Internal Affairs and would be more than happy to meet with you, I'm sure. How about... next time you have the opportunity, visit the NP Headquarters and tell them I wanted you to meet Bayonet? I believe that would be the easiest way to do it. Only if you're interested, of course," she finished, then took another sip of her coffee. "You really must try some of the confectioneries assembled here, they're all quite tasty. I'm always inclined towards whatever smells best, you understand, but I've tried the others as well. My, I've made a bit of a pig of myself~"

She must have some pretty daring taste buds if she chose to try all three of these particular items back to back: warm gourmet coffee, cold gelato, and sugary carnival snacks.

--------------------------------------------------------

The already noisy speakers grew momentarily noisier, blaring a frustrating, high-pitched death whine as Sparks took the confrontational course of action, attacking the audio equipment with dual electric attacks from himself and his clone. The crowd and band alike all held their ears until the noise passed, clenching their teeth and squinting their eyes with the brief associated pain. When everyone managed to open them again, about a dozen sniper beams were trained on both copies of Sparks, perhaps predictably. If drawing one's weapon was considered a hostile action, it should come as no surprise that destruction of property would be treated as one.

Strum's mouth hung open for a moment, then she grinned, spun the guitar behind her back, and raise her fists out towards him. "Hey, Hairy-Kairy! I give your performance two fingers and no thumbs," she addressed Sparks, slowly raising both of her middle fingers simultaneously. "You can shove that review up your ass, too, if you like them up there. What the HELL were you thinking, rushing the stage and then killing our speakers?!" Despite her grin, she was clearly intensely frustrated.

The patronizing-looking blond girl on drums shook her head slowly. "Now, now, Strum. He's probably just upset that you didn't offer him a chance to play with us. I could have worked with an electric harp. I don't meet a lot of men who are so good with their fingers," she chuckled; it all sounded more like a joke than a legitimate endorsement.

"Yer'real ninkomputski, m'brother," the dark-green haired bassist remarked, flipping her shaggy hair out of her eye momentarily only for it to fall immediately back into place. Her words weren't very easy to understand, but they sounded like an insult as well.

The crowd also began booing viciously. The singing had stopped, though, so they accomplished that... but it wasn't easy to tell if they'd really gained anything by doing so.
"!!!" Suzume silently exclaimed as Sparks took the direct course of action and actually attacked the speakers. She clicked back on her outside audio after the vibrations from the shorted speakers stopped. "Well, I guess that is the third way of dealing with the problem." She looked at the distraught crowd and the broken speakers. She hoped they wouldn't be billed for this...

It was just then that she noticed a few dozen beams of light covering Sparks head to toe. He looked like he had the pox. Oh wait... the snipers! Her voice broke in panic, "Sparks, don't make any sudden movements! The GNA snipers got you in their sights." She frantically looked around at the rooftops as she quickly took in the numbers. There were so many of them. This was really bad. How were they going to get out of this?

------------------------------

"Uh, huh," DragonierMan said, looking over Aroma to the surrounding food stands. Clearly his mind was more on the food court than on acknowledging the NetPolice sponsor. "So, what is the best of the best here?" he asked after she was done with her speech about having him meet Bayonet. Aya, on the other hand, was writing this down on a little pad of paper she had just whipped out of... somewhere. "Sure, you can tell her we'll give her a ring within the week." Aya adjusted a pair of spectacles on her face and her hair was done up in a bun. She looked like a secretary.

After receiving any instructions on the choice of food, DragonierMan headed around to the different food carts and started loading up on a feast to bring back to Vee. "See you two later," he stated as he walked by Aroma and Aya with his bag of goodies. Barely acknowledging Aroma's presence again.

Moments later he dumped the bag of food items on the Neo-Shogun table. "I didn't know what you wanted, so I got a little of everything. Enjoy.~"
The clone vanished in to a poof of smoke and electricity. Sparks pulled his blade from the now broken speaker and sheathed it slowly. The samurai then proceeded to back away from the damaged equipment with his hands up. Unsure of how the guards were too react to his hostile action he simply turned his attention back to the band.

"I apologize for my hostility, seeing as nothing else has worked to gain the attention of surrounding spectators, it seemed, for a second anyways, like the best course of action." The Navi spoke calmly, with confidence. "I'm here on a mission, and must succeed so maybe now we can work something out."
The irascible band members looked between each other in a short conference, before the leader/guitarist/vocalist spoke up. "We don't need you to get shot or nothin'. I just wanna know why you're such a jackass, that's all," she shrugged, motioning at the unseen snipers to lower their weapons. It seemed to work, as the laser sights all left Sparks' body. "Well, like, specifically: what kind of mission are you on. You need to get people's attention? Hold your own damn concert, then!" she snarled, looking irritated again. "Whatever, I'm done with you. Just get out of here and we're going to pick back up where we left off, just with worse projection. There's nothin' to work out. You're you and we're us, unless you're looking to join Lit Fusion or something. But we ain't lookin' for members, Hairy-Kairy."

"Part've ower appeal's bee-yen an 'awl-gull band,'" the bassist added, putting special finger notes on "all-girl band" for some reason.

It sounded like the band wanted nothing more to do with Suzume and Sparks. It might be best for them to leave before things got any more tense. Lee appeared in the distance, no longer being followed by the dog-lady she'd met earlier. She looked to be covered in dust and bruises, with several bite marks covering her armor and a few chunks missing here and there. She looked half unconscious, stumbling around while grinning stupidly. When she realized the staredown happening on-stage, she stopped just short of entering the band's field of view and hung out behind the stage, in case they needed her to make a secret-play or otherwise didn't want to appear to be Neo-Shogun associates.

"Oh... Well, I prefer the coffee myself," Aroma suggested, which was certainly in line with what one would expect. "I'm not really a judge of carnival confections or gelato, so much, but the coffee is exquisite." Although her appearance was still one of calm and serenity, the brevity of her speech implied that she was just the opposite of DragonierMan: no longer interested in the food and very interested with talking to a new contact within the Neo-Shogun's army. The NP sponsor turned her attention back to Aya, looking mildly surprised at the gag-like transformation into DragonierMan's secretary (and possibly the way she was suddenly being treated as the one whose time was the least valuable in the conversation). "Of course. I'll tell her," she agreed, fixing her expression back into a pleasant smile.

She sat awkwardly, wondering if her conversation with DragonierMan was over. It appeared to be, as he finished on a dismissive note. "Certainly," she agreed, watching her peculiar new acquaintance leave. "Hm... Not much of a talker," she murmured, then took another sip of her coffee. Her eyes were looking around as if she was afraid she'd see someone she knew, and that they in turn might have seen her get the cold shoulder, which didn't happen to her very often given her speaking skills and looks. "Thank you for introducing me, Aya. I hope that the two of you will have a productive meeting with Bayonet later on."

-----------------------------

Vee was hard at work, as the number of interested parties coming to the lone Neo-Shogun stand (surrounded on both sides by conspicuously empty stands) had continued to increase. Still, she took an immediate break once she saw that DragonierMan had come back with food. The little ninja took the items out of the bag one by one, her surprise growing at each: coffee, cotton candy, and gelato were odd options to go together. She picked up on the cotton candy almost immediately, grabbing it with a rude quickness before realizing what she was doing and slowing herself down to a more lady-like pace. "Thank you," she spoke quietly, then pulled her mask down from her nose to her chin so that she could enjoy the treat. She made no noise as she ate with a ravenous quickness, to the surprise of the man who she'd been pitching the Neo-Shogun Army to. "It's... very good. I haven't had something like this in a long time," she admitted, speaking around her food. While it had interrupted her speech to the newcomer, the good news was it didn't interrupt her for long, because she very quickly finished that snack and started speaking to him again.

After she'd finished up with him, she turned back to DragonierMan before addressing the next customer. "I'd say we've greatly improved our customer flow. If you want to get the girls, my sister, and Sparks, I don't mind paying you so you can all get on your way," she explained, then quickly changed gears to introduce herself to the navi across the booth from herself.
"Good, I was getting bored with nothing more to hunt," DragonierMan stated with a grin as he took his hand out of a bag of popcorn and shoved the contents in his mouth. He then stood up and sat the rest of the goodies on his chair before heading out into the fairgrounds to gather the rest of the group. Vee and Lee would be able to take over from here.

"Oh don't mind him, he isn't much of a conversationalist," Aya stated to Aroma after noticing her fidgeting. "He is a man of action, not words. And recently he has been on a lot of diplomatic missions and hasn't had a decent fight for a while. So, his attention has drifted a bit. But don't worry, he'll keep his promise to meet with Bayonet, I can promise you that!" Aya said as she grasped Aroma's hand in hers and gave her a warm smile. And don't worry Sponsor, you'll serve our interests as well. You can continue to think of whatever worth you have assigned yourself, you will just make it easy to be manipulated by higher powers. Aya thought darkly behind her masked smile.

Aya continued to make small talk with Aroma, noting down the information about Bayonet, until DragonierMan showed up. Aya looked up and smiled and waved at DragonierMan, before giving him a signaling wink with an cold gleam in her eye. DragonierMan noticed the signal and walked over to the table and bowed to Aroma. "Sorry for earlier," he said with a solemn tone. "I get singularly minded sometimes and do not stop occasionally to gaze upon the beauty in front of me." He raised back up and brushed his wavy hair back and gave a smile. He then reached forward to take her hand and lean in to give it a kiss. "I hope you will forgive my faux pas this once."

He then looked towards Aya and gave a flick of his head to indicate it is time to go, then turned back to Aroma. "Perhaps sometime later we can have a more involved conversation, but I am afraid that I am needed elsewhere today. So I bid your leave." He gave Aroma's hand one more gentle squeeze before releasing it and headed off with Aya further into the fairgrounds to find the rest of the group.

Suzume rushed up upon the stage and grabbed at Sparks after the laser pointers all disappeared, trying to push/pull him away. "Y-You are absolutely right." she agreed with the band. "Come on Sparks, we should look elsewhere to finish our mission now that this area is handled."

Although she didn't have to go far before they met up with DragonierMan and Aya. "Good work on whatever you did," DragonierMan began, "Our mission has been quite the success. There is a large crowd over at our booth now. So, it is time for us to collect our rewards." It was then that he noticed Lee wasn't there. "And where is General Lee? I thought she was with you."

Suzume looked around for a moment, not noticing Lee either. "Well, she got into a scrape with someone claiming to be from the GNA, then hightailed it out of here. I don't know where she is."

"I see."
Sparks was ready to keep arguing with the band but Suzume pulled the samurai away leaving him with a disgruntled look. The duo soon met up with the main portion of the group. Due to DragoneirMans words, something must have gone right seeing a flow of navis surrounding the NeoShogun booth. Having rejoined everyone else, not including the still missing general Lee, it was time to finish up the mission. What was next Sparks wondered.
Vee seemed to understand DragonierMan's feelings, nodding slowly. It probably wasn't easy on her, doing this much advertising, since that was pretty much the opposite of what a ninja expected to do. DragonierMan headed out to find the others.

----------------------------------------

Aroma responded by matching Aya's smile when her hand was grasped; she seemed remarkably comfortable with the touch of her hand. "Excellent," she finished. When DragonierMan approached again, she laughed at his words. "Oh, dear me. There's no need to be so flattering! I'm not the petty sort of person who would hold a grudge because you didn't treat me like I was pretty," she chuckled, allowing him to kiss her hand for courtesy's sake but not seeming particularly moved by it. "Water under the bridge~" She smiled again, still seeming composed, as the two left. "Take care..."

Strum and the bassist nodded, while the busty drummer waved goodbye in a lackadaisical way. Lee, who had been hidden from the band's field of view, suddenly realized that her allies weren't picking up on her either. She waved with both arms, but they were already turning to walk away from the Lit Fusion stand. She did her best to skirt around their field of vision and head back to the stand where she'd started.

Back at the stand, Vee greeted the returning NS associates and Sparks. Lee popped up behind the stand as well, seemingly as though she'd never left, although her body and armor were both covered with bite marks now. The ninja stared at her for a moment, then decided it was best not to ask what had happened. "Good work, everyone. I'd like to reward you all now as I promised," she agreed, motioning to the line that she was going to be taking five on introductions for a while. "DragonierMan, based on the exemplary efforts of yourself and the girls, I wish to present you 300 bugfrags, along with 20 faction points based on your contributions. Sparks, I've been watching and... I don't really know what you were thinking over there. But you did assist with the mission and do what was instructed, so I'm going to give you the Spice1 and GrassZone as promised." She handed over the rewards in turn. "I feel confident we'll net some new membership based on this event. It was time well spent."

"You're just happy because Drago got you snacks!" Lee giggled. Her sister blushed and put her mask back up, as if to indicate she was done enjoying the food that had been brought over. "Aw, don't pout!" the bigger sister laughed, hugging onto Vee's head and messing with her bushy hair. "She's happy that you all helped her do the mission like it was requested."

"... I already said that myself," Vee defended quietly, her voice nearly muffled out between her mask and her sister's bosom.

"Oh, whatevs. Well, you guys are free to stick around if you like, but me and my sis are really just going to be helping out the last couple of customers. I won't lie, it's gonna be boring!" Lee sighed.

"... Don't say that in front of the customers," Vee grumbled.

*DragonierMan received 300 bugfrags, plus 20 faction points!*
*Sparks received Spice1 and GrassZone!*
Aya received the sack of BugFrags and stored it away. "Thank you, but I think we will take our leave," she said as she began pulling Suzume away from Sparks. "A-Aya!" Suzume cried out as she was torn from her spot, latched to Sparks' arm again. "Call me later Sparks," she said before she was dragged into a beam of light, both disappearing from the NET.

DragonierMan watched the sisters go then turned around and gripped Sparks by the arm in a gesture of brotherhood. He shook it to indicate a job well done. "Good job Sparks. We couldn't have done it without you... And I hope you will join me later on, I plan on doing more virus hunting. I need to delete something soon or I think I will go insane. Anyways, see you later," he said right before disappearing in a beam of light.

[DRAGONIERMAN LOGGED OUT!]

[FXP after Sparks logs out.]
Sparks bowed after receiving his reward, kinda embarrassed with how she portrayed his efforts, as true as her observations were. "Thank you, I hope I have the opportunity of joining forces with yall once again."

As Suzume was ripped away from Sparks, he changed his attention to the leaving DragoneirMan. "Yes we should travel the net together again soon. My blade is itching for battle. Later my friend." The samurai gave a wave, while also logging out.

This is where Joe is.
((DragonierMan received: 11 Lee FXP, 14 Vee FXP, 8 Sparks FXP, 3 Domm FXP, 1 Prez FXP, 6 Aroma FXP))
((Sparks received: 4 Lee FXP, 2 Vee FXP, 8 DragonierMan FXP))