The First Rule

Giving one last shrug of his shoulders, Slies finally nodded lightly upon seeing the two of them finish their drinks. "Well, only way to find out is to get over there and ask I suppose." Giving a wave to the bartender Slies started to venture out of the café and waited for the pair to step in toe, casting a light nod as he begins walking once more.

Though he did glance back a moment as they walked, "Well, it's not so much that he's ruining the race, just that he was probably paid off by some group, or even the NetMafia to raise up his odds for the final race. Everyone knows he's the fastest boarder out there, but that kind of stunt usually cons the common betting navi, so if you ever plan to go I'd be careful about it and research the races from earlier in the day."

The navi would lead the duo almost back to the park where they'd first met before quickly ducking back into an alley way between a custom GMO store and accessories shop beside. Heading down the shadowy alleyway then ducking down another, then a third as he glances back to make sure they were still with him. "Do try to keep close, it's back this way so most followers would give up, something of a test or so I was told when I came." Chuckling to himself he'd finally come to a stop standing before a set of stairs heading down into the basement of a tall warehouse looking building. "Here we are girls, last chance to leave, I'm not being responsible for you from here on."

With that said, he'd step down the stairwell, leaving it to them on if they'd like to follow down the rabbit hole him down.
((Will edit this for proofreading later))

Sleuth was unable to stop herself from laughing at Mata's appeal to stay on the case. "Now now, a desperate spy is just silly! Although it was probably more of an effective voicing of emotions than I could have managed," she surveyed, thinking that if she'd said the same thing in the same tone, it would have come off as insincere or at least annoying. "Regardless, I echo her sentiments."

As she followed Slies, she became increasingly confused. Back alleys were not renowned for harboring uninteresting day-to-day routine stops. Or savory characters in general... Of course, he might simply be leading them to a private entrance of some business establishment, but she highly doubted it.

The situation only stood to invigorate her further. She decided to keep her mouth shut for a while as a present to Slies for making their task a little more interesting.. It would also help them keep hidden, as those twisting through back alleys often wished to be. There were few rabbit holes. Sleuth had encountered in her life that she had not willingly entered... As such, she responded to her client with a downward tip of her hat and a big smile, eager for whatever awaited them.
"Desperate or not, we're gonna see this mission through!"

As if Mata had given up on making a fool out of herself in front of Sleuth...Seeing how it was almost impossible to do so, the spy quickly followed Slies to his next destination. However, the dark alleyway they were heading into did make Mata little less willing to go through with it. "...Nothing good can come from this."

While Slies and Sleuth went slightly ahead, the spy distanced herself ever so slightly and gently nudged the side of her shade. "Activate map navigation." One side of Mata's shade revealed a map of the Netsquare and Mata's current location, continuously trailing her movement as well. Going into unknown territory, the spy figured they should at least know a way out if things ever go south...

But thankfully, all her cautiousness and superstition wasn't true...Just yet. Looking down at the stairway to the basement, Mata nervously gulped before she looked towards Sleuth, who seemed to enjoy all the mystery and dangers she was about to face with a big smile. "The world favors the bold and the curious, Mata~" said Oliver as he teased. "And it punishes the stupid and the reckless!" Mata stood silently over the stairway, biting onto her lip till she finally gave way with a sigh. "...And I guess I'm stupid and reckless...But as long as it gets me away from YOU!"

Oliver returned Mata's words with a sly smile and watched the spy descend down to the basement.
Slies glanced back up towards the two detectives as they spoke and finally agreed, with perhaps not so many words. So simply shrugged his shoulders lightly before beginning a steady process of tapping on the door, quickly becoming apparent that each knock was part of a code, and it was only after the full code had been rattled off against the door did he stop and step back.

No sooner had he taken a step back then the door cracked open slightly, and a few whispered words later the door finally opened fully, a tall, somewhat muscular navi stepped out and closed the door behind.

The navi looked close to 6'5" once he was in the open light, wearing a pair of camouflage shorts and a muscle shirt, both of which looked smudged and dirty as if he'd been rolling on the floor one to many times. And while arms and legs looked quite toned and built, a closer inspection would reveal the telltale marks of bruises, cuts and gashes. Including a rather fresh looking cut just beneath his left eye, from which a droplet of blood was still trying to squeeze through.

He wasted no time as he turned his dark purple gaze upon the two girls standing at the top of the stairs, scowling up at them, "Who're the girls, you know we don't allow cheerleaders Slies."

Slies sighed and shook his head quickly as he lifted hands up defensively, "No no, nothing like that, they are uh.. They are just some interested parties I met along the way, someone else told them about the place I swear."

"Sure they did, whatever." Pushing the door open with his foot, the gruff navi stood against it and crossed his arms and give the girls a glare. "Come in if you're coming, get out of sight already, and make sure your com's with your operator are turned off. If you want to use chips, you better upload three before coming in, no more." He'd keep that purple eyed glare upon the girls as Slies gave them both a faint shrug and quickly ducked into the doorway.
Sleuth's eyes darted back and forth like pendulums, taking in the scenery, which had finally taken a turn for the interesting. On one hand, the mystery of where Slies was going off to for his occasional beatings was now obviously solved. On the other, the mystery of why he cared enough to risk the distress both to his operator and his own body was not. "Our work is not quite over," Sleuth whispered to Mata, being as discrete as she could. "But my, this is quite the place we've stumbled into, isn't it? The only reason they would let in a spy and a detective is because they're not afraid of us, I would wager."

And they were probably right not to be. In the movies, Sleuth would probably dance around a big guy gracefully and trip him into the crowd to roaring applause. In reality, judging by the scars the man had been willing to take to the face, she imagined she would have to learn to live with fewer teeth. "Now Jocelyn, I know you may be wary of relinquishing your link to me, but-"

"Rules are rules. Good luck, Sleuth!" Jocelyn cut in, smiling at her navi!s dumbfounded face for a second and slotting in three chips before cutting off the feed.

"Jocelyn? Ha... ha ha. That was a little easier for her than I had imagined, even," she laughed hesitantly. This wasn't the same feeling as when your dad lets go of your bicycle during training; in that situation, you are at least not intentionally sent towards a brick wall. "How about it, my little friend? You're going to receive that alone time away from Mister Oliver after all!"

((Slotted in cannon, shotgun, and rageclaw))
Mata stared (down? up?) at the giant navi standing in front of her, seeing how things were getting much more interesting than a simple visit to the coffee shop. All the bruises and wounds the navi had on his body certainly wasn't from falling off some stairs, getting in an unfortunate accident, or fighting viruses. It was too...raw. The spy nodded her head to agree with the detective for what seemed like the first time, "So what if he's not afraid of us. As much as people may say it, you can't judge a book by its cover." said Mata with a confident smile.

"Aww, I can't follow along?" said Oliver with a disappointed expression. "Nonetheless, your mission was starting to get boring. You have fun, while I have mine~." As the screen was cut off with Oliver's sly smile, three chips were uploaded into the navi at the very least. Mata adjusted both her golden bangle and her watch and turned towards Sleuth with a nod, walking down the stairway and facing (up, this time around) the giant navi once more. "We're ready. Would you be so kind to let us ladies in now?"

Pre-loaded:
-Cannon
-Shotgun
-Rageclaw
Stepping inside after Slies and his new companions, the large navi promptly closed and locked the door tight once more before stepping around them all to venture deeper into the large room.

Long, dimly lit lights crossed the ceiling, providing just enough light for only the center mass in the room to be clearly seen. Though even that was impossible to make out, for around the light, dozens of bodies that made up a surprisingly large crowd stood cheering and laughing enough to present a low roar that would drown out most normal talking or whispers.

The hulk of a navi seemed to not care or mind the noise as he started to push navi's out of the way to step deeper, and soon a path opened for him, showing they'd all surrounded a small ring, which two heel navis were currently circling slowly within. Even from here the two girls could easily make out the marks and signs of battle on their tired forms, both looked battered and bruised up, and one was holding a limp arm.

Entering the ring, Ryan, Slies said his name was, promptly put his arms up between the two and called out over the crowd to get them to shut up. "Enough, Vinny wins this one." The announcement brought a mixture of grumbles and cheers as the two navis stepped out of the ring to join the crowd, but seemed pleased enough, though it was obvious which was the loser by the way others moved to help him sit on a bench beyond the crowd in the shadows.

"Alright listen up! Last of today's members are here, so enough with the small fry. Break up into groups, 3 rings." Ryan shouted over the others once the injured had cleared away, and it didn't take long before the gathering of navis started to disperse and split into groups.

Slies gave the two girls a shrug of his shoulder before he too started to move off to join one of those groups. Though they'd not be left alone for long, as Ryan soon stepped up before them again, " So, what's the real reason you two were following Slies around and got him to bring you here."
It was now abundantly obvious what was happening to Slies every time he went out, but the "why" question was still not fully answered. As such, the detective knew her job wasn't over yet. A brawl club wasn't that difficult to imagine, but questions still bit at her brain: why does a little kid's navi want to do this? How does he end up doing it? And perhaps the most important question, why lead them here? Did he really want to avoid missing last call that much?

With all of that on her mind, she barely noticed the huge guy speaking to her. Finally, she returned to reality and pressed her fist to her chin. She tilted her head back and decided on a playful lie that neither accomplished not hid anything: "The two of us just enjoy being surrounded by rugged, sweaty men with no shirts! He tried to hide it from us but I can smell that aroma from a mile away!" She turned, taking in the sights... which seemed to be stinky, shirtless men for miles. She felt very overdressed (and overperfumed). "You'll pardon me if I leave my shirt on, I hope? I would be more than happy to hang my coat, of course."
Mata carefully eyed the crowds, and quickly came to the conclusion that Sleuth and her were the only female in the room...Yes, it made things uncomfortable for the spy, but the same couldn't be applied to the detective, who seemed to be busy thinking some things through. "They're fighting one another without any NetBattle restrictions applied...They can get seriously damage, or deleted even!" Mata whispered to Sleuth.

As Ryan approached the girls, Sleuth had already taken lead of the conversation before Mata could have a chance of speaking...And the spy sure regretted not taking it with what Sleuth had to say. "Ah...Wu...Wah? That's not tr...Tr..." Mata realized that this was some lie to keep both of them in the club, but did she like it one bit? Not at all! She zipped up the front of her suit and nervously followed with what her partner said. "...Yes, we sure love those...Men...C-can't get enough of them. Makes me so dizzy just looking at...them." Her shade began to fog up, whether it was from how stuffy the basement was or from how she was boiling in her own sweat, but she was keeping it that way to hide her embarrassment...
Ryan listened to Sleuth's explanation as to why the two of them were there, which seemed to only get a seconded assurance from Mata beside her: though the little ninja girl's reactions seemed to look the part of it. Shaking his head lightly, Ryan smirked down at the two of them, "Well, good for you, but this isn't a spectator sport. Everyone here is here for a good reason, that goes for the little runt you came in with."

Scowling, Ryan turned to glance back at the closest group of navis and the ring they'd set up. While not currently fighting, Slies was standing around that ring, rubbing his arms slightly nervously as if he knew his time was coming soon.

Turning his gaze back, Ryan let out a light shrug, "I suppose I'm being generous, but I'll give you a choice. You two can leave and forget about this place, and I'll leave it at that. The boy's mine until I decide I'm through with him, unless you two want to boost the same. I suggest you take my one-time offer and get out."

He'd grin down at the two of them, tilting his head to one side as he looks them over, "Rest assured, no one here has an issue with hitting a girl, Would hate to see those pretty little faces busted up, take the offer and get out."
"You're right, my companion; there is something at stake for these fellows... whether it is pride or more, I cannot conjecture. I'm not leaving without a clearer understanding, however," Sleuth responded to Mata. "As such, let's-" she started, then hushed for Mata's forced enthusiastic outburst, proclaiming a shared love for stinky, shirtless pugilists. Sleuth slapped both gloves over her mouth to avoid guffawing and alerting the entire club to their dubious presence. "That was just a little joke, my friend. We don't need anyone to believe that," she gasped through her fingers, keeping both hands clamped tightly across her lips to stop her grin from showing. "What a delightful companion you make!"

"Yes, sirrah, the two of us will decline your generous one time offer and forage further into this den of beatings. You'll be happy to know I'm not particularly opposes to punching others in the face myself!" Sleuth announced to their host. "And pardon my saying, but fist fights are most certainly a spectator event. Think of the very schoolyards from which children spring!" the detective shrugged, smiling a big smile what was completely negligent of the atmosphere. Sleuth had no concept of leaving well enough alone.

She shrugged off her coat easily, and, seeing no hooks or even unoccupied surfaces, simply banished it from the net. Her vest was modest, but no amount of tastefulness or modesty in clothing would hide her tremendous endowment. "Just in case we end up fighting, of course! I almost suspect some rule about first timers having a mandatory fight."
"A fight, huh?"

Mata seemed to forget that she was simply being played on by Sleuth when she realized that she was going to be in a fist fight against other navis. As dangerous as it would have been, the Spy was excited to actually take part in a fight of some sort. After going around snooping, following, and finding a bunch of baloney her Operator had her go after, actually getting to use her combat aptitude was certainly a treat in some way.

With a hidden smile forming up her face, Mata nodded her head as her partner sealed the deal with Ryan. "...I-If there's one thing that we love more than...hot, perspiring man, is getting into some good fights!" The navi was already jittery from the excitement, double-checking her bangle and her watch, along with her shade for preparation for battle. Even if was going to be simple fisticuffs, there was no rule against having a little traps here and there, no?

"Let's get started already!"
After eyeing the two of them as the girls decided to decline his last offer, Ryan simply rolled his shoulders as he turned to look back towards the three gatherings of navis. "Eh, whatever, go join your little punk friend, you two are up next." Hand waved the two off as he heads towards the circle of navis which parted for him so he could go up and talk to the group.

It didn't take more than a few moments before a roar of laughter rose up from that particular ring while Slies looked the girl's way in surprise. Soon he'd scowl and shake his head while Ryan left the group, still laughing as he moved off to another ring.

Once the two had decided to join the group, Slies tried to move over towards them to speak, but was quickly pushed aside as another large, far overweight looking navi stepped up and gave a large grin, flashing the fact that he seemed to be missing some teeth. "Newbies eh? Get in the middle of the circle, we got the perfect boys for you two to play with!" Laughter erupted once more from the group of navis, though they did at least part for the girls to get through, already standing in the middle of the ring were two tall, shirtless navis. While they weren't as intimidating as Ryan might have been, each looked to be sporting their own scars from previous battles.
"Well, I think you boys should know that I don't think scars make a man attractive; they show that a man can't stop an attack. Missing teeth even more so!" Sleuth chuckled, egging on even more adversity than get were already likely receiving. She turned her head to Mata for a moment, but was otherwise-now in an on-guard state, holding her hands at ready (since she was not yet certain whether her cane or pistol were going to fly). "We're just determined to embarrass Mr. Slies today, aren't we? Even now!"

"What makes those two your perfect playmates, I wonder?" Jocelyn ventured, still not fully understanding the brawl that her navi had gotten into, despite having seen the earlier fight.

"I would imagine that if we asked them, each would respond in reference to the tremendous manhood granted to him by his respective net mother. I'm imagining its more so because they won't pull punches against women, or perhaps because they're weak enough for starters," the detective commented with her usual lack of tact, failing to lower her voice do that the others couldn't hear.

"Navis don't usually have mothers, do they? Or manhood, sometimes," Jocelyn reminded her navi.

"A shirtless, fleshy man is likely sweaty, muscular flesh throughout, I would reason," Sleuth continued,now beginning to tone her operator out to concentrate. "So are we going to hear any rules before we start or am I free to bite?" she called out to no one in particular.
Mata suddenly turned quiet after hyping her self up for the fight, staring at the two navi in the middle of the circle through her golden shade without any expression on her face. She didn't raise her hands in preparation for the battle like her partner did, but kept on flicking her wrists as it jangled her wristband and her watch. "You're doing it again, Mata~ Your nervous tick~" said Oliver as he suddenly appeared on a holoscreen. Mata answered with complete silence, still fixated to her "targets." "...Mata, your zippers are hanging too low."

"?!"

The navi finally snapped out of her trance-like state and immediately covered her body with her arms, but quickly realized her zipper was still well zipped up. "Oliver, don't you EVER do that again!" Mata hissed at her operator while her face blushed. "Are you getting dizzy over staring at them? I didn't know about your love for naked, sweaty men was getting the better of you!" Oliver grinned while Mata gnashed her teeth, but quickly got over it and turned towards Sleuth. "...We only really met for a short period of time, and I definitely don't know much about your combat capabilities." The navi continued as she eyed the crowd. "But if you're as smart as you make yourself out to be, then you know that we need to do our own part in fighting the two, yeah?"

Mata took off her shade to reveal her subtle, blue-gray eye that seemed too soft for a "spy" girl like herself, but there was no doubt that fierceness was still showing through it. "You guys don't want your fist to be full of broken glasses, do we?" she smiled, tucking away her shade into the opening of her suit (which somehow didn't protrude out).
The circle, as it was called, was more like a clearing where the crowd of men had circled around, within, the two women stood but a short five feet away from their combatants. Two burly, shirtless men, standing proud of every bruise, scare and scrape that showed the damage of countless other battles they've faced down in the circles here.

Between the pairs, a smaller navi with a black eye stepped up and raised his arm. Giving each side a grin, while murmurs and whispers of first timers, and first women to be allowed in. So needless to say the two of them were causing quite the rumors and whispers.

"Right, so you know the rules, fight stops when the others give up, or are knocked out. Ready?" Getting ready, the navi in the center of the ring stepped back, and dropped his arm quickly, signaling—

BOOOM!!!

Smoke and dust suddenly filled the air and darkened vision as part of the wall was blown open, and from it a rush of footsteps could be heard. While shouts of confusion erupted from the occupants, more so as they quickly realized they couldn't jack-out of the network! Only adding to this confusion was the sudden appearance of dozens of navis, each armed with their blaster seemed to pop up one after the other. Surrounding the entire basement edges with red and blue officer uniformed navis, almost like they were appearing from thin air.

From the destroyed wall, shouts from a megaphone could be heard as yet another navi stepped forward. "No body move! This is the NetPolice, you are surrounded. A jack-out barrier is already in place, there is no escape! Put your hands up, and surrender peacefully, this illegal operation ends today!"

Dust and smoke would soon begin to settle, as more and more police officer navis started to enter through the destroyed wall. More than enough to outnumber the current brutes, some of whom tried to resist. Throwing fists and claws at the security force, who retaliated with their own, far superior stun weapons. Others gave up peacefully and were being escorted out to awaiting vans outside to cart them all way.

With the dust settled, the girls could make out poor little Slies, already in cuffs being led out, along with Ryan, who was being dragged out by three officers that had resorted to knocking him out to stop his attempts at escape.

Stepping forward, the obvious leader of the group finally stood before the two girls, her own uniform kept perfect and crisp of sharp navy blue, decorated in golden shoulder guards and metals that displayed her rank. Though the true draw to the eye was the badge that rested atop left breast that marked her as a member of the NP. "Ladies? In a fight club, well now I do believe I've seen everything. Explain yourselves."
"Well, I've got quite a history of tussles and brouhaha. You are correct, I make my assertions so boldly due to confidence that I will prevail, should we come to blows," Sleuth answered, seeming pleased that Mata was willing to lend her at least that benefit of the doubt. "However, every time I receive a new client operator, I dump my old stash of weaponry, so... you understand, right? Isn't it best to triumph against great odds with few weapons at your disposal?" she laughed, pressing her fists to her wide hips as she revealed that she didn't really have the kind of ordinance one ought to bring for a situation so dangerous. "At any rate, I believe that these things have a way of working out-"

And so they did, as the entire operation (not to mention the building's walls) crashed apart around the two. "... My, I do hope that we may never chance acquaintance with any of those muscular fellows again... they might have the perhaps well-founded notion that we led the net's finest straight to their doorstep..." Sleuth sighed, raising both hands to show innocence. "But that's the NP. All good intentions, no finesse."

As the presumed commander spoke out to them, Sleuth grinned, but kept her hands up. "Well, are you now not also a damsel in a fight club?" she questioned, waggling her raised cane/magnifying lens in the woman's direction. "No, I suppose not. Your men have broken this place beyond recognition; it is no longer a club for anyone."

She actually felt sympathetic towards Slies now; what a mess, what a mess. Still, she smiled and avoided eye contact with him. She didn't want things getting more complicated than they already were. "So? What brings you chaps here? You'll pardon me, I hope; this is one of those cases where the police and I brush by each other without either employing the other. Still, I am the snooping sort! Tell me, please: what is illegal about this fighting ring? Furthermore,what is so illegal that the NetPolice would risk the ill consequences of the Mafia pioneered jackout barrier technology, which could permanently erase navis without proper use? If you had come in a moment later and, God forbid, I was being reduced to bangers and mash by some swarthy fellow, you would have erased me without even realizing it!"

Sleuth had no great love for the police. Well, a few of them were okay: smart, cooperative, mindful of the bigger service to mankind, careful with their feet so as to avoid stepping on crucial evidence... Most, in her "humble" opinion, fell short of these qualifiers. All police were assumed incompetent by her until proven otherwise.
Mata's fists gave off small electrical sparks as she tightened her grip, carefully eyeing the two men standing before her and Sleuth. "First strike will determine this fight!" she thought to herself. But before she could make her move, the unexpected occurred as the fight club was destroyed in a blink of an eye...And that's all that Mata seemed to do, standing still in awe while doing nothing but blinking her eyes.

Mata was at least able to make out the NetPolice part from Sleuth before one of them made an approach, fixing her self up by bushing off the dusts off her shoulders and putting her golden shades back on. But before she could even finish these small tasks, her partner had already gone on and put themselves in a bad spotlight for the NetPolice officer with her "annoying" rambling. "O-Officer!" Mata screamed in order to get the officer's attention. "I apologize for all this confusion, and please, ignore whatever she said for now." A spy has their own honor and codes and whatever fancy terms you may use, but Mata learned that there are times that one needs to suck up to the higher people in order to stay out of deeper trouble...She learned this the harsh way due to her operator's antics.

"My name is Mata.EXE, and this is my partner Sleuth.EXE. We were both assigned a mission to find out more about the fight club we were suppose to participate in." The spy continued as she showed a holo-screen of the mission detail from GNA. "We didn't think this operation would be so serious...In fact, we barely scratched the surface before the police came to picture." Mata tried to keep a calm composure, but all the while she kept her sight dead-locked onto Sleuth, hoping that she didn't make things any worse than it can...
Listening calmly as Sleuth seemed to be giving her a bit of the business, the commanding officer simply shook her head and scowled at the slight mocking tones and comments; choosing it best to simply ignore them. "Simply put, we received reports of two women being led into a dark alley by a suspicious looking character. While we've known about this club and it's goings on for months now, we had no proof for just cause to break it up. At least until the two of you showed up. Possible kidnapping and abduction gave us all the clearance we needed to clean this filth up once and for all. For that I do commend the two of you. "

She might have said more, or pointed out a few things that Sleuth had mentioned that she probably shouldn't say to the face of an officer, but thankfully Mata spoke up and caught the officer's attention with some proper introductions and explanations. "Huh, brief, to the point, informative. Ever think about working for the NetPolice Miss Mata? Well regardless, the NP thanks you both for your assistance in dealing with this minor threat to public safety. I'll be sure to send word ahead, so you are both free to go and contact the GNA to report your success."

Pausing, the woman glanced back towards Sleuth before glancing back over to Mata who seemed to have the better head on her shoulders. "That will be all ladies, I suggest you leave quickly or we may think you were part of this and take you in for questioning. Though I'd keep yourselves available should we have any further questions for the two of you. Now, if you will excuse me." With that, she gave, if perhaps a half-hearted salute, and turned to promptly walk away and start barking out orders to the dozens of officers and men and women in uniform who were escorting cuffed suspects outside to the awaiting vans to be hauled off.
"Well, I would hate to be brought in on false charges like our good gentleman's club here. Toodlehoo and cheerio, ma'am!" Sleuth responded, tapping her cane over her shoulders and smiling as the police officer walked off. She turned to Mata and leaned forward, then pulled her cane around her friend's shoulder and tapped her on the back. "Let us retreat, away from the officer and her shiny brass buttons."

Once she'd managed to get free from the scene of the wreckage, Sleuth let her jaw drop into a slack, unbelieving expression (still smiling). Using her left hand, she mimicked placing a gun to her head and pulling the trigger, then stuck her tongue out. After giving all of that a second to sink in, she regained her composure and leaned on her cane. "Folderoll! The simplest sort of nonsense!" she scoffed. "I can scarcely bring myself to turn a blind eye to such foolishness!"

"Do you understand what just happened?" she asked, keeping her smile but sounding more overtly spiteful. "They charged the club and ordered arrests for 'suspected abduction.' Did you see any kidnapping in that club? No, I dare say Slies and the big chap, Ryan, were both very happy to be there. Were we kidnapped? We did everything short of begging Slies to take us there! There was no 'kidnapping,' save the one that officer or some combination of conspirators devised! Either motivated by ambition, deviousness, paranoia... or good old-fashioned police chowder-brainedness."

"I dare say..." she muttered, her face dark in the alleyway and her eyes shining, darting back and forth rapidly. Her smile brightened. "A case! What was the motivation for tonight's ill-warranted fight club bust? Oh, isn't it thrilling, my good friend? If only I could be paid for it, I would start a new investigation post-haste! Simply thinking of it shall keep my boredom at bay, and that, my companion, is worth more than any monetary reward~"