Fun in the sun in the..coffee shop?

Eyebrow quirked itself up curiously when Kari seemed to grow annoyed with his chain of questionings and request. Still he'd offer a soft shrug of his shoulders as he glances down at the holoscreen. "Well, I suppose she could take a moment sure."

Taking a brief moment to finish the last of his tea, he'd swirl the remaining ice briefly while his new partner set out her own chain of questions. "I suppose that's a fair request. Let's see then, Lucia and I are from Sharo, the upper northeast area. As for schooling my family owns a factory line so their well set, enough so to see I got private tutors through most of my younger years. Finishing off in a tech university where I majored in software AI studies. I'm currently touring the world to get a better idea of the current level of intelligence viruses possess to see about programming better navi's in the future to deal with the rising threat."

Vincent give soft tilt of his head as he looked the fem over once more, shrugging his shoulders softly after. "I'm 26, a few years on you I'd imagine. As for your last question, well, my family gave her as a means to try and get me to 'be more social' so to speak. They think her personality will rub off on me. I really don't see why."
Kari took a moment to look you up and down, she figured with your kind of outfit you came from somewhere north anyways."Really, I'm from the fringe regions of Netopia, You know ice, snow and eternal darkness. I don't know how you can even bare the temperatures here, I mean I even have troubles sleeping because its even to hot at night"

She sighed and rubbed the back of her head "I been wearing light clothing the whole time I have been here, I probably wont even stick around enough to get climatized. I mean I don't even like sand that much." She would catch herself after she realized just how excited she had become to find someone with somethings in common, even if they where literally worlds apart.

"Small world huh? two educated people coming from family business in the far north, sweating in a coffee shop over sugary sweets"
Letting out a soft chuckle Vincent soon shook his head with the completion of their first battle together. "Well, climatized or not, it seems our navis can handle being around one another well enough, even if they don't see eye to eye."

Turning his attention back towards Kari he'd give a soft nod of his head, smiling slightly. "Yes I agree, well at least that means this trip around the world will be an experience for the both of us."

With another beep from his pet he'd glance at the screen, frowning faintly. "As much as this is a good experience, this sand seems to be far to troublesome. And so many water viruses, Lucia may start having trouble soon. Well, regardless, would you like to take point this time around?"
"How far do you plan to go? I mean how long do you think we are going to stay in each place? I mean I do have passports and a work visa but I don't' exactly have that many traveler's checks. I might need to look for some work to do on the side. I mean really I never thought about doing busting as a career choice, I mean I figured officials and the military would do that. Yea like I agree with you there, its not like we had spent much time around other operators, I had met one in a chance meeting outside of Si-labs. I don't think that he liked my homepage" some nervous laughter escaped.

She rubbed her head and along ears alittle bit while she tried to think about it "I mean, this country is fine; and going back home is fine but I don't know much further I could go" she spoke honestly. "After all what can I tell my parents 'hey yea I need some money so I can have a clandestine trip around the world with some guy I just met.' That will go over well"

She took a moment to look down at the pet and Saluki's readout "Oh yea sure I don't mind it's not the first time We have been outnumbered and on alien ground"
Vincent casually rolled his shoulders as he watched the first signs of battle begin. "Well, I plan to visit Yumland, Netfrica, Hades Isle, and most likely return to Scilabs between trips, to help improve my navi's abilities along the way. Beyond that I've not decided just how long nor how far we will bother to go."

With a slight chuckle he'd nod his head softly. "Really, scared away by a homepage, sounds interesting. As for your family, well I'd hate for you to get into any trouble, you're welcome to come along as long as you like."
Returning his attention to the battle he frowned and shook his head softly as he drew a few chips. "Right then, back to business."
Sullen would lean back alittle bit and place her pet down now that they were done. "Well it sounds like it will be a great adventure. Sounds like they are all very hot places, I don't know how much Sally will appreciate that. Its fair I guess considering the network we are on now isn't too good for your little doll eh?"
Vincent gave another soft nod of his head before glancing down at the pet long enough to see the outcome of the battle and what they'd gathered from it, giving a soft roll of his shoulders after while gaze returned to Sullen. "Well I'd considered a return to my homelands at the end, though I'm not sure how well the navigators, both yours and mine, would take to such an extreme cold."

He'd lean back himself and make a soft nod. "Yes, I knew this network would give her trouble, but best to prepare her for any situation she might encounter, so I thought it would be for the best to bring her here, especially with help from another as well as her new guardian."
Ding, ding.

The door chimes tinkled as Destin walked into the coffee shop. He wore a plain white t-shirt and black jeans. His hair was a dirty blond color, but it was dark with age and usually mistaken for brown. He wore it in a pony tail held together by a white string in an uncomplicated square knot. The tail hung down to the middle of his back. His eyes were blue-gray pools that seemed clouded over, as if he was in a standing daydream. He also had a scraggly beard growing in, partially trimmed.

He had spent a good few hours on the rails traveling from the suburbs of ACDC to the beach. But now he was here, and thirsty. He walked over to the barista and ordered an iced latte. Then stood off to the side and looked around casually, waiting for his order to be processed. He was a big guy, about 6'3" and broad of shoulder. He dreams kept being interrupted by people wanting to move by him. A wall that kept getting in the way.
The door to the store opened once more, the sound of the ringing filling the shop again. Mark looked up at the bell as he walked in, thinking to himself how annoying that sound must get for the people working here. He wore a dark blue dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled up and the top button undone, showing a hint of a white undershirt. His black slacks and black shoes were neatly thrown on, and he did look rather out of place on the beach. Slung over his shoulder was a dress vest, and he held in his hand, Trent's PET.

"I shouldn't wear these clothes to the beach, I should have stopped by the apartment one my way from the reunion. This heat is killing me!" He was happy to be in the coffee shop, and looked around for his contact. He wasn't a big fan of coffee, but these shops normally sold more than just that. He walked to the counter and started talking to the workers about which of the iced, non coffee drinks, were the best. After he order he looked to the side and saw a person who matched the description of the contact for the mission.

He looked up at him, being a great deal shorter, and said, "Are you Destin?"
Another 'pff,' and another cloud was cleared. Destin came out of his reverie with a start. Another person was asking him to move. Wait. No. It was a question about him.

He looked down at a well dressed man, about a year older than him, though it was hard to tell being a head shorter.

"Hooo."

Destin exclaimed with a deep, bellowing voice. He probably startled a nearby customer or two with the sudden proclamation. He then reached out for a handshake.

"I am Destin Obscura. You must be Mark. Nice to meet you."

He said, all smiles.
Mark was a little thrown off by the size and range of Destin's voice. He was aware that he would be a smaller than Destin, but he wasn't sure by how much. The size difference wasn't exactly something new to him though. He looked up at him and held out a hand. "I am Mark indeed, good to meet you Destin." Mark held up his PET and wave it slightly and said, "Trent says hello as well, even if those words are directly coming from his mouth at the time." Mark turned back towards the counter to check the progress of his drink. Not ready.

"I've never worked with a Partner before on a mission before, and Trent probably isn't going to be the easiest to work with. He can do his part undoubtedly, that's for sure."
Destin's handshake was actually not all that firm. Whether it was an attempt not to hurt Mark or that Destin just didn't care too much about a firm handshake was hard to tell. His PET became visible then, sliding around the right side of his hips attached to chains on his belt. It must have shifted when Destin went to shake, a slight distribution of weight.

"I've had a few 'tandem busts' now and haven't yet been disappointed."

All of a sudden the screen on his PET turned on. A bright flash of light pushed a holographic circular loading bar into the air a foot from the device, at waist level. A gray line snaked in a circle, darker at the top and slowly receding into nothingness, eating itself as it went in an endless cycle. Destin didn't seem to notice as his eyes drifted off Mark and looked over the well dressed man toward the bustle in the barista. Nope, not done yet.
Mark as thinking a firm handshake would be what a Man of Destin's stature would be giving in return. He wasn't sure how to take this, as either an insult or simply a sign of how relaxed Destin seemed to be at all times. The man was very casually dressed, even for something as simple as meeting a busting partner, one would think something a little more presentable would be thrown on.

"Does you navi work well in a team?" Mark asked while his eyes glanced at the loading bar from Destin's hip. "Trent loves working in groups, but he is going to come off as a bit of an ass at first. And a cold figure." Mark crossed his arms over his chest and removed his ear piece from his ear, undoubtedly to not have to listen to his navi curse at him for that comment. Mark followed Destins eyes to the workers and tried to act a bit more casual around Destin. He was experienced in this tandem busting, maybe it wasn't as big of a deal as he thought it would be. Still, no drink however.
After a few moments of relative silence, the loading bar solidified completely. Then it blinked. From the void materialized a man in armor, shunted out of the gray bubble.

The knight filled out his armor as well as someone could, projected as only a few inches tall. He wore armored boots, woolen pants, and gloves that shimmered, all the color of the morning mist on the beach. He bound his outfit in gleaming steel plates, scaled like a dragon's, over layers of gray wool and supple leather. His mantle was a thick cloak, soft and white as dove's down. He wore a tabard of similar material, a black tower emblazoned on the chest. A great winged helm masked his head, wings folded like horns. Wisps of dark-gray hair peeked through the cracks at the neck and over his eyes, which were closed.

He floated at Destin's waist as if standing on solid ground. Something must have jarred his reverie for his gray eyes fluttered open inside his helmet. They peered out as milky-gray as if he was half-asleep. He blinked a few times, trying to drive the haze away. And then his eyes focused on Mark. His stare became inquiring. But he held silent.

Destin was still watching the barista, half paying attention to what Mark was saying.

"Huh? Yeah. SINNBAD won't let you down."
As the image of the navi finished Mark looked at him and tried to gather as much information as he could about the navi as he could. It seemed both Trent and SINNBAD were close combat based navi, meaning the usage of ranged chips would be pinnacle for them in this mission. His design was really in depth, and reminded Mark of a knight of old days. A crusader almost. A interesting contrast, he thought, to his own navi.

Mark looked at Destin with his head slightly cocked to the side, feeling a bit insulted by the way Destin handled his social interactions, with such a lack of concern for conversation, for someone who is the operator to a knight of old days. Weren't there supposed to be well versed in conversion skills? These were all various thoughts that passed through Mark's head.

"That's good that he won't. Trent won't either." Mark looked back to SINN and watched him a bit more. His eyes flicked between the operator and the navi. He would have never guessed these two would be a pair, had he hadn't met them in person. The same could most likely be said of him and Trent though. "Trent will be online in internet city soon. I'm going to make the mission request now." Mark said upon receiving his drink, somehow obtaining it prior to Destin getting his. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of coffee.
SINNBAD raised a mailed fist to his mouth and coughed loud enough to get Destin's attention.

"My Lord."

"Huh?"

Destin seemed to break out of another reverie. He reached down and pulled his PET up and slightly away from him so he could look at it. SINNBAD stood on the display screen. His holo-image flickered a little.

"My Lord you should find a spot to plug me in if I am to meet this 'Trent' in the Net."

"Right. Of course."

He looked around for a station. It seemed that every table had at least one. Spying an empty table near another table occupied by a man and a woman (read: Vincent and Kari), he walked over to sit down and plug his PET into the table sockets, completely ignoring the fact that his order was done and they were calling his name.

[[url=http://z10.invisionfree.com/RockmanChaosNetwork/index.php?showtopic=7543&view=findpost&p=13628122]SINNBAD PLUGGED-IN[/url]]
Mark watched as Destin walked away to the table, and wondered how long it would take the absent minded man to notice that his order was done. Seeing that he never did, he looked down to Trent, seemingly for some advise, but Trent wasn't on the screen, and was in standby mode. Mark sighed and grabbed both drinks as he moved to the same empty table that Destin was at and sat the drink before him. 'I hope his navi doesn't reflect this personality of his, or else Trent is going to have some issue with this partner.' Mark thought as he connected Trent to the table and jack him into the internet city.

Mark shifted uneasily in his chair, not sure how to confront the spacey and laid back nature of Destin. He put one earphone in so he could ear Trent, and pinned the microphone to his shirt so he could still talk to him. He left the ear closest to Destin open so they could converse. "You ready Trent?" He asked as he looked at the screen at Trent. "I'll make the mission post, you meet up with SINN and we will take it from there."

{Jacking Trent into Internet City.}
Destin noticed the drink as it was set in front of him. He reached for it with one hand while the other set his PET on the table. He produced a straw from somewhere and unwrapped it from its prison of paper. Sticking it through the center of the lid, he wrapped his lips around the end and took a big gulp.

"Ahh. That's the stuff."

He placed the drink down.

"I was never one for hot drinks. I like the cold."
Mark listened to Destin as he made his comments, and was inclined to agree. Without looking up from his PET and doing various tasks on it, he answered, "Even more so on a hot day like this at the beach. But a good warm drink in the cold is very much a great welcome. Warming up when in the cold is a good idea. Trent is inspired by Sharo people." Mark picked up his drink, taking a considerably smaller drink than Destin. He placed it back down and kept cycling through a few things on his PET before looking back to Destin for conversation.
"Or a cold drink on a cold day."

Destin mused. His finger twisted around the rim of his plastic container.

"So. What made you get into netbattling?"