Sylvan Station Suites

"Ah, well, you know. No need to worry about that!" Taylor reassured Tajana. She looked like she really didn't want to worry about it at all, but she seemed to realize it would be odd to ignore it, so she quickly tore off a paper towel and sopped it up. "Anyway, yes, please join Marian out there... I'll just..." She muttered, knitting her brow as she tore off another sheet to finish the job.

Tajana and Marian would find themselves only briefly alone before their host rushed back in. Seeing Marian satisfactorily clothed again, she snapped her fingers a second time, then put on her best job interview grin. "So! I learned the two of you are quite susceptible to hypnotic suggestion, which is definitely interesting. I feel like there's a big takeaway here for my research into the power of Words... but, allow me to put that aside for now. While the two of you were under my power, I... I asked you, um, some questions," she stammered, losing her poise quickly as she lied directly about what she'd been up to. "Well, from that, I gleaned some insight into what may be causing your perceived writing issue, Tajana."

Taylor focused her eyes on Tajana's, looking like she was trying to stifle a smile and remain professional in her delivery. "From our conversation, I got the sense that you and Marian have a very intimate relationship. I'm led to believe that intimacy may be... distracting you... from your writing?"

The fan remained silent on an awkwardly long pause here, growing a bit red as she allowed time for her unspoken meaning to sink in as she felt it certainly would.

"Now, of course, there's nothing wrong with you having an intimate relationship, especially considering your material and genre! I would just encourage that you try... you know... keep your writing in one room of the house... and your other activities... in another room of the house! And that way you can avoid being distracted by your clearly very lovely wife." She finished with her hands folded calmly on the table, but a reddened, shaky smile that seemed to challenge them to do better convincingly playing the fool.

"Anyway, that's about it! Booooy, I sure am looking forward to reading your next story Tajana. I mean I know I'm acting funny, but I mean that! I'm just flustered from making- meeting! Meeting my favorite author. Promise me you'll give it a try, will you?" She gave a wide grin again, seeming to calm down a bit as she was able to swerve from outright lying to basically telling the truth again. "Thanks again for the visit, and again so much for the autograph! Don't let me take up any more of your time." She awkwardly rose to her feet, inviting them to do the same. For her to be rushing the two of them out, it was probably a safe bet she didn't want to risk keeping up her fibbing any longer than she had to. "Nora didn't tell me much, but uh, she did say she would be paying you for your time, so you can probably get in touch with her the way you did before."
Tajana appreciated that Taylor took the time to clean her spills. Since adopting a more domestic lifestyle, she had seen Marian become exasperated with her plenty enough times to know how important it was not to let stains set in.

Speaking of her domestic lifestyle, when she finally sat down, became officially unhypnotized, and heard Taylor's conclusion, she was informed that said change in lifestyle might be causing her work to suffer. She'd known that mightbe some of the cause- the common theory was that her writing went downhill after she got married- but it still stung to hear it put into capital-W Words. The ironic part was that such intimacy was really quite rare for her wife and herself... they'd gone on this mission for a break in routine, after all. Still, she trusted Taylor's analysis.

Marian, on the other hand, was a little taken back. "Tajana's already a hermit in her own house! Any more lack of intimacy and we're going to be divorced," she worried, knowing how seriously her wife was going to take Taylor's words.

"Its true that it can be hard to write vampires and hunters from the dining room table. Perhaps I should spend more time in my study..." Tajana mused, taking a thankfully more moderate stance.

In Marian's opinion, Tajana already spent plenty of time in there, but she held her tongue. "If you think so, I'll try to let her write in solitude now and again," Marian agreed, acknowledging in hindsight that her wife could perhaps benefit from a little less supervision.

"Yes. I promise, Taylor," Tajana smiled, folding her hands at her lap. "We should be going. Please promise me you'll read the next one to see the fruits of our time together," she encouraged her young fan. "I would also recommend you continue to head to conventions when you can. That's where I met my wife, after all," she threw out at the end.

Marian thought that sounded a bit like a shameless plug, but knowing her wife, she thought that Tajana was actually encouraging their new friend to get out and meet people... especially because this meeting could have some unfortunate fallout if Taylor ended up with her heart set on one of the two of them. "It's been a pleasure. We'll be sure to keep in touch," Marian added, realizing that the two of them didn't tend to make a lot of new friends. Even though Taylor was out of their age group, it didn't change the fact that she was more relatable than the people the odd duo usually encountered.

The two finished up their farewells, satisfied that they'd done what they were hired to do (and what they wanted to do), then set off for the car. "Of course, I expect you to... be discrete when we talk to Alexandru about how we spent the day," Tajana whispered.

That got a laugh out of Marian, who thought it was much more likely Tajana would be the one to spill the beans, but kept that thought to herself. Unless Nora was waiting for them outside the room or the building, they'd end up leaving and contacting the GNA instead.

((Possibly leaving for Vukanovic Mansion))