The Shamus Austin Shopping Complex

Once Rude and Jocelyn were safely on their way to cosy segway riding, Jacky managed to finally get herself cleaned up and presentable again, and none too soon. Safely alone on the top floor, she carefully returned WallFly's PET to the place she'd found it and wished the security navi farewell with a final request. Though he seemed a bit disappointed that their short companionship was done with, WallFly flickred his gossamer wings a few times and stretched, accompanied bythe sound of springs compressing, washers sliding and bits of metal clicking together. With a sigh he nodded to her.

"No problem, Jacky-love... lessee now... Yeah, got him, Chris is on shift now, and he's loitering around the food court, down on lower level. you won't miss him; he's the bloke pretending to read a data schedule at the edge of the court, leanin' on his maintenance trolley." The display flicked again, to a camera node view of the food court entry-way, and the on-clock janitor could be seen of the to right, twirling a pointer while he read over a touch pad. When the view changed back to the bits-and-pieces navi, WallFly's lens telescoped in, looking up towards Jacky again.

"I'll keep an eye on you out there, Jacky-love, just you promise not to get into any other trouble, and come back to tell me everything once you get it all sorted out, you here?" With the hopes of juicy gossip to reprieve him of boredom, the navi offered a last brief wave to Jacky before she headed off.

--

Elsewhere, Rude was fortunate that Jocelyn couldn't see his face clearly while he drove their.. vehicle... through the complex. If she could, the level of jaded incredulity accosting his features would have been quite palpable. The description of what a 'normal' morning consisted of over the way for his opposite was vaguely making Rude wish he could convince Jocelyn to come work for him full time instead. How could one woman be such an impenetrable sink-hole of dense naivete? And what ill roll of the dice had placed her under Rodney, rather than him?

"Em, yes, yes, ah, team building and trust exercises are important, of course. We should probably do similar things in our own morning meeting times, here." The thought was amusing in one sense, but it was also a one-way ticket to losing his job, so the security officer mostly nodded along and agreed with the batty woman that her routine was entirely normal and healthy, and a commendable way to build relationships with her fellows. He was beginning to notice the press of her body again, and a subtle, almost uncomfortable twinge of warmth in his groin responded. A part of him felt a little bit like teasing the woman now, just to see how far it went; if nothing else, it would take focus of things he ought not to be getting heated up again. It was bad enough the stares they were getting as they raced through the complex, with his curvy co-pilot's behind full on show.

"Simulating closer relationships like that is a good way to improve bonds between team members, of course. Do you conduct any of the more closely 'married couple' activities during your mornings? I've known many working partners who say that indulging in a bit of intimacy in the mornings leaves them feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and more ready to tackle their day than ever before!" He was grinning as he suggested it, though Jocelyn's answer would probably need to be the end of that conversation for now, as they were arriving at the mall's food court.

As they steered into the northern wing of the complex's ground floor, a separating set of Shamus-Austin coloured pillars marked the beginning to the local food establishments. The area went by theme, with each small shop lining the walls and serving foods relative to their various well marked cultures or styles. the outer ring had most of the hot food shops, with a broad variety of meaty smells coming from the left more than anywhere else. further around, they transitioned into lighter foods and sandwich bars, as well as desert and snack shops, and a particularly extravagant brand-label doughnut shop on the end which always had a lot of patronage. The inner ring held a few coffee shops and drink bars of varying sorts, from generic coffee hubs, to fruit and smoothie joints, to a cute little bubble tea stall set up in the middle. In all the open spaces, tables with cheap mass-produced chairs filled the floor. the court was mostly quiet, since it was still early morning ,though a few of the table had people enjoying an early morning tea, or a late breakfast, and there was an intermittently regular flow of individuals making their way to or from the hot drink establishments.

Rude pulled up the segway close by a man leaning against the wall, scanning over a small touch pad with text on it. He was waiting alongside a maintenance trolley, full of all sorts of cleaning and disposal equipment, and marked with the Shamus-Austin logo and colours. As far as guys went, his features were fairly unremarkable, neither particularly handsome nor discernibly not-so. His nose was perhaps a touch on the big side for the rest of his face, but only a little. Black hair, short and rough-cut, and grey eyes made for his most defining facial traits, and his uniform green overalls looked a bit too bulky for his thin frame, but other than that there wasn't too much to be said about the man.

He looked up at the unusual sound of the duo approaching, and did a small double take before recalling Rude's warning to play it cool. Even that small reminder, however, did not stop him from staring for several much longer seconds as he got a better look at Jocelyn, and what she was, or wasn't, wearing. Rude did his best to curtail any give-aways by speaking up first.

"Morning Chris! Everything in order?" He greeted the other man with a small nod of his head, then looked towards Jocelyn and gestured between them. "This here's Chris Carlson, one half of the dynamic duo responsible for keeping our shopping complex sparkling and beautiful. Chris, this inspirational lady is visiting us today from the Gloria, sharing some good will and exchanging a few notes." For now, he left the floor open for Jocelyn to begin making her enquiries, if that was what she wanted to do. Chris was having a hard time not staring at her chest, with occasional flicks to the rest of her assets.

If she had in fact decided to hurry, it would be at about this point that Jacky would catch up to Jocelyn, and get a very clear view of just how much skin she was showing in the process, though if she didn't approach right away it would leave the other woman some chance to decide exactly how she wanted to handle the situation.

"Thanks again," Jacky told Wallfly, a rare smile once again flashing across a face that ordinarily shifted only between the modes of gloomy, taciturn, or contemplative, at best. "I think I should be able to find him now with minimal effort. If you keep watching, as long as I meet up with Jocelyn again, I'm sure there will be something to see..." The operator let out a small sigh, settling again into her ordinary distant look as the light hit her glasses. "Anyway, I'll do what I can. Until we meet again."

Straightening up the PET on the table to what she hoped was just the right angle, Jacky turned and began to head first into the hall, then back down the staircase. The operator's legs were still a bit sore from the crouch she'd been holding moments earlier, but she couldn't allow a little pain to keep her from promptly reuniting with her mission partner. She had only turned on her PET long enough to see Hyde half-naked, surrounded by tentacles, and sitting in what could creatively be called "furniture." She had no doubt that was completely unrelated to the task of the team's mission, and also thought it was a situation which demanded correction... but she thought it would be far easier to do so once she was back in contact with Jocelyn.

As fast as the operator's mind was working, though, she found that her legs didn't have the speed to keep up. "She's riding a segway with another person at indoor speed... I can't rest now, or I could lose track of them. If Chris and Rude leave the food court... maybe take Jocelyn off somewhere..."

Jacky was only half aware of how she was beginning to pant and sweat, wiping her forehead as she trudged on. She had the look of one who was being forced to work in a prison yard or trek through the desert, not browse through a mall. Still, she persevered onward. "If I... rest now... who knows what will happen... to Jocelyn..."

The operator, now panting, leaned against a nearby wall. "Not enough energy... I should have gotten more rest last night... Can't afford to rest now, but... maybe..." Conceding the point that she didn't really want to encounter Rude and Jocelyn in her current state, Jacky took a brief detour to see if she could find a water fountain. "Just a bit, then... straight on to Jocelyn..."
"I agree! It couldn't hurt to incorporate some of these routines into your own schedule, assuming all of you have the time in the morning. Well, you and a trusted associate, that is. I'm not sure if the whole team should do it... I don't think it's been anyone but me and Rodney before, over at the Gloria Scott," Jocelyn mused. Rude followed up with another question about the nature of her time together with Rodney as one half of a married couple each morning. She blushed slightly and pressed her cheek against his back. "Well, no! We can't do... everything that married couples do of course. Like when the husband and his wife put this and [/i] that together... Why, kissing is just indecent for all but real, married couples!" she announced. "Oh, and when it's applicable to administering medicine, of course," Jocelyn added, although it was hard to picture when that would be appropriate.

Before Jocelyn knew it, the ride was over, and with no sign of Jacky. Delivering the message from Sleuth would just have to wait. For now, the visiting security guard had a new face to introduce herself to. "I'm glad to hear your work is going swimmingly, Chris! I'm Jocelyn, a security officer from across the way, over at the Gloria Scott Mall. I must say, it's been quite interesting, meeting the fine folks at the Shamus Austin and learning all of the differences in your customs. Quite interesting indeed!" She offered him a quick handshake, which would allow him to feel the pleasing softness of her lace gloves. Dense as she was, it wouldn't take that long before she realized he was gawking at her. She blushed a bit and pressed her fingers to the thin fabric covering her chest. "This? Oh, this is a visiting security uniform that I understand away-from-home officers wear here at the Shamus Austin."

Rude had left the floor open for her to ask some more questions of her own, which she began to do immediately. "As I mentioned, I'm trying to learn everything that I can concerning the staff here at this mall and their practices! As a member of the mall's maintenance crew, you must work closely, hand-in-hand, with security to ensure that everything is in tip-top shape! If you don't mind, I'd like to have that sort of relationship with you as well! So, with that in mind, is there anything that you and I ought to do together, now that we've made each other's acquaintances? Perhaps something I can help out with?" she asked, looking bright (in the sense of sunny disposition) and ready for action. "Or, if there's another uniform that I need to wear before we dive into maintenance responsibilities, let me know and I'll gladly switch!"
Having managed to set everything neatly back in order, Jacky was at last free to escape the upper floor, and check in on her navi. The latter, of course, only added to her worries, but nevertheless had to take a back seat to the real world issues of a run-away Jocelyn. Unfortunately for the more mission-minded of the two, her own fatigue was proving to be a problematic foe of its own, and though the shopping complex was fitted with several rest stops, scattered seating, and relaxing foliage, finding a drink stop was a little more challenging; if Jacky were to check a sign as she passed, it would show her that the only publicly free access places to catch a quick refreshment were the fountains that were situated close to the public restrooms.

Fortunately, the nearest of these was actually on her way, and was located down a short side passage, just before the main entrance to the food court. Jacky would pass within easy sight of her goal in order to make the detour, but with Jocelyn and Rude facing away, and Chris not in a position to know her from any other random shopper, she wasn't in any danger of early sightings, before slipping away to quickly get a sip and refresh herself. As an added bonus, once Jacky was refreshed, she would be able to loiter close by the entrance to the side passage, out of sight from her quarry, but still able to hear most of what was said, if she listened carefully. she'd probably look like a bit of a creeper just standing there eavesdropping, to anyone else who ducked by her to get a drink or use the facilities, but it would let her assess things, and pick her moment more effectively.

Nearby, the only response Jocelyn had received from her more detailed answers was a softly stammered and disbelieving "M-medical uses. Yeah...", before they had arrived. On the other hand, Chris had a bit more to offer in response to Jocelyn's uncertain explanation of her outfit. He didn't stop catching as much of an eyeful as he could, and if anything he sounded even less certain of his words than Rude did, but he nodded to her explanation all the same and shook her hand back. His own shake wasn't quite as firm as hers, though arguably, the man was distracted.

"Uh, right, yeah... that's ah, that's the outfit, alright. Just, ah, we don't really get to see it much. Um, you know, relations and all. Doesn't, uh, come up too often..." After a moment he blinked and actually lifted his eyes to her face for a time... though they did drop again before long.

"Good to meet you though, Jocelyn. I'll, um, I'll see what I can do to help you out." Some might suggest hat Jocelyn was quite 'out' enough already, but none of them were present, for now. "Uhh, no need to change, or anything, don't you worry. Umm, you look, ah, very professional, like that."

It was another few moments of uncertain ogling and awkward quiet before Chris actually got around to the fact that the under-dressed woman was asking him for work that might help them bond. Chris glanced down at his schedule, back at Jocelyn, then promptly decided to pay attention to the fact that, well, something had come up unexpectedly. His overalls hid the fact, but it was true all the same.

"Ah, well, um..." The cleaner switched gears and turned control over to his secondary brain, flicking a glance to rude as he did so. "Actually, ah, I have got to do a clean of one of the shops that's closed for moving, today. You can, um, come help me with that!" He licked his lips, thinking for a moment, then threw another glance to Rude. "You, um, you might want to come along as well, Rude. Got to keep the shop secure, and, uh, you know, make sure no shoppers wander in and um, inconvenience themselves, while we're busy, right?" He stood up straighter and put his touch pad away, pausing to make sure all the supplies in his trolley were in order, so that they could be on their way as soon as Jocelyn agreed.

It sounded like they were, in fact, conniving to whisk Jocelyn away again for more undoubtedly nefarious activities; if anyone was going to rescue the poor daft woman, they would want to do it soon. Unless, of course, said rescuer deemed it prudent to follow and watch carefully, from hiding, for a little longer...

Jacky limped her way along, cursing internally as she was forced to pass up chair after bench after hip-level architectural feature that would do in a pinch. She knew that if she took a moment to stop and catch her breath, she would most definitely lose Jocelyn in the process. Trying to imagine trekking all around the mall looking for them, or even hiking back to Wallfly to get the location updated... Neither was something she could imagine in her current state. Sweat rolling down her forehead, Jacky was finally rewarded for her perseverance as she managed to locate a drinking fountain.

A last sprint of manic energy carried her to the fountain. Making a mental note to start carrying a water bottle herself, the operator leaned over the low nozzle and pressed one palm against the button. She opened her lips and caught the stream with uncharacteristic greed. Gulping down water for a good ten seconds, the operator felt life returning to her again. With that taken care of, the operator wiped her turtleneck sleeve across her chin and lower lip without a second thought.

Rejuvenated, Jacky was ready to get back to her tailing. She moved quietly but casually over to the corner, then paused. She started by pressing herself against the wall like a ninja again, before realizing there really wasn't any call for it here. Probably better to act natural...

The operator leaned back against the wall of the hallway, crossing her arms below her chest. She knew standing around a corner like this was technically a good way to bring about an embarrassing collision, but the opportunity (and, really, the convenience of a chance to rest) was too tempting to ignore. From this position, she tried to listen in... she wasn't able to hear as much as she would have liked, but then again, she didn't want to hear very much.

Jacky was still internally debating rather a run-in save right now was a good idea. She wanted to compare notes and work on another lead... technically, this Chris fellow was an avenue they hadn't yet explored, but she thought it was a dead end. She also wasn't one-hundred percent certain if Rude would just release Jocelyn's services at her request.

"The time for excuses is over," Jacky finally decided, straightening her glasses out of habit. "If I don't act now, Jocelyn will be pulled further into this needless maelstrom of debauchery."

With that in mind, Jacky turned the corner and began a focused and (at least, relatively for her) speedy walk towards the group. Once she was in distance, without addressing the two actual mall staff members who were gathered, she grabbed Jocelyn by the arm. "Jocelyn! I'm glad I found you. You and I have some things we need to take care of, and we've already lost plenty of daylight." She wanted so badly to fuss at her partner regarding her state of dress, but she wasn't sure any good would come from challenging Rude and making an enemy of him. As such, she settled with glaring daggers at the head of security from behind the shield of her spectacles. "You... I'm Jacky. Thank you for taking care of my friend up until now. I trust she was picking up a wealth of job experience and acumen shadowing you today, but the two of us really must be getting on our way."

Seeming to believe that was that, Jacky began ignoring the other two and addressed Jocelyn alone. "Now, we have to get you out of that outfit." The last word was spat out with a bit of subconscious distaste.

Assuming the day's trends continued, her aggressive tone towards Rude, her flushed face and heavy breathing as a result of her exertion, the way her eyes wouldn't stop scanning Jocelyn's ridiculous costume, and the way she'd run up and started holding onto her friend would no doubt lead to further unintended misconceptions about the relationship of the two.
"I'm happy to give this suit the rare bit of usage, then! We ought to share our services, between mall and shopping center, more often! Exchanging an officer for a brief period like this can only help build relations," Jocelyn beamed, seeming proud of her efforts. The ordinary visiting half-naked security officer might find it somewhat strange, being told that the maintenance crew wanted to put three people on one maintenance job at an unoccupied store, but Jocelyn was no ordinary visiting half-naked security officer. "That sounds wonderful! I'd love to see the way you work and I believe you'll be quite impressed with my own work ethic as well, along with everything else that I offer when I get hands-on!"

Before Jocelyn could be whisked away to a secluded place with two men, each of those two men nursing a hidden boner, Jacky arrived to save the day, not that Jocelyn knew it needed saving. "There you are! Gentlemen, this lady is my friend," she introduced the short, out-of-breath college girl. The redness of Jacky's face, along with her sense of urgency, both surprised Jocelyn. "Is something the matter? Y-You want me to take off this outfit? Oh dear... Is this another one of those medical practices?" she asked, becoming a bit red. "Jacky, you... wouldn't try to take advantage of me and make me do something embarrassing in public, would you? I don't want to doubt you, but your request seems somewhat suspicious."

Not Rude and Chris, though; they were just trying to give her the chance to tag along on an honest, hard-day's work. "Oh! That reminds me... I have something to tell you, but we should probably get close together and talk in private" she chuckled, hoping to pass on the message from Sleuth but sounding as though she intended to do something else entirely. "I'm sorry, boys, but I'm afraid I've caused Jacky here a bit of trouble. The two of us really need to hold a private meeting before I go with anyone else anywhere," she apologized, giving Chris an apologetic nod that was accompanied by a seemingly impossible, disproportionate heave of her bosom. "Where would you like to talk, Jacky? Oh, and should I leave my gloves on?" She turned her unfortunately clad back towards the two Shamus Austin workers and focused on working things out with her ally.
For a moment, it looked like Jocelyn was going to go right along with the two men's shenanigans, accepting their compliments and buying their pitch with equal ease, right up until the moment that another interloper showed her face. Upon seeing Jacky, Rude vaguely recalled that she had, in fact, existed before this, though right now was the first contact he'd had with that thought all morning.

For his own part, the security officer seemed to understand that Jacky wasn't buying his game, and that he needed to back off from Jocelyn if he didn't wast to get into trouble; as much as she seemed flustered, her glare carried volumes on its own, and Rude ducked his head to her, letting the more sensible woman take a hold of Jocelyn's attention. Chris, however, wasn't quite so well informed. Seeing someone else with apparent knowledge of Jocelyn show up all flustered, he kept the line of playing it cool and didn't hesitate to at least take a look over to see what sort of an eyeful was to be had. It was only a glance, before he determined that enjoying Jocelyn's sights was a far superior pass-time. He completely missed the dagger-glaring look and instead grinned towards the newcomer.

"Good to meet you, miss Jacky. If you're wanting to get your lady friend out of her kit so you can talk privately, you're welcome to come along with us... just going to be doing a spot of clearing out and cleaning up, and Rude'll make sure no-one comes by or disturbs us, of course." He also failed to catch the warning glance from Rude that suggested this might not be a wise course to pursue with Jacky.

In what was probably the safest course for everyone involved, however, it seemed as though Jocelyn was taking at least enough of the hint to understand that she needed to separate from the two men for now, and as much as he was probably reluctant to do so, Rude finally managed to get his ally's attention and give him a quick, slightly urgent shake of the head once Jocelyn had turned her back, to show that playtime was no longer safe. Mercifully, the cleaner got the drift, though he continued to enjoy as much sight of Jocelyn's poor state of dress as time allowed.

On one hand, it looked like they were skipping out on the chance to properly interrogate Chris about his, or his fellow cleaner's activities, but on the other it could be argued that it wasn't without good cause. For now, they both waited for the women to conclude their discussion, and if it turned out that they were leaving, Rude would offer Jocelyn a last handshake and a well-wish for the rest of her visit.

Jacky had to internalize a scream at the notion that Jocelyn could think she was trying to take advantage of her innocence. She frowned deeply again, massaging the bridge of her nose with two fingers briefly. "No, Ms. Jocelyn... we can go somewhere private, naturally. I simply mean that to continue with our exercise for the day, it's going to be important that those clothes come off..." The light bulb that could prevent misinterpretation still wasn't coming on, so she left it at that.

The operator sighed, taking a quick moment to try and decide her next immediate course of action. She wanted a place to compare notes and, preferably, eliminate the possibility of being interrupted or listened in on. She glanced back at the direction she'd come from. "Ms. Jocelyn, why don't we have that talk in the bathroom? And yes, for pity's sake, please leave the gloves on... give me the information, and we'll worry about your state of dress afterwards."

The operator tried to turn Jocelyn to begin leading her to the restroom. In a gesture that was intended to be considerate, but might come off as possessive, Jacky made a point to stand behind Jocelyn as they left, denying the mall staff the parting view they surely would have wanted. She attempted to give Jocelyn a light push at the shoulders if she wasn't heading there directly.

Assuming she could get Jocelyn into the restroom, Jacky would try and lock the door behind them. She turned and leaned against a wall, taking her eyes off of Jocelyn for a while as she tried to collect her thoughts. "Jocelyn, why don't you go ahead and begin? That will give me a moment to collect my thoughts for my own report." Jacky could only cross her fingers, hoping Sleuth had an actual lead for them to follow. Her own Navi, last time she'd looked, was investigating what appeared to have been a very tangential line of reasoning, and she could only imagine that had gotten more abstract since last she'd looked.
Jocelyn smiled apologetically to Rude and Chris, as if saying, "This girl, huh? What am I going to do with her?" "I'm sorry, but this is an important detour! Perhaps if you'll tell me where you two intend to go, I'll drop by once my chat is over! Assuming you're still there, I'll find you and assist, if I can," she promised the two, giving them each a dainty hand-shake in turn before allowing Jacky to urgently drag her elsewhere. "W-Wait, my segway!" Hopefully no one would take it while she was thus occupied, because there was no stopping Jacky.

"Two of us, together, in here? My word!" Jocelyn exclaimed. "I haven't been in the toilet with another girl before since Scarlett and I were young!" Jacky would probably hope that Jocelyn would further specify that she hadn't been with any guys in a toilet since then either, but no such luck. Jocelyn's partner indicated that she wanted Jocelyn to begin what they'd both entered the stall-together to do... "Erm... That's a bit... Well, I suppose there's no harm. Although, my things are back in the other office..." As she spoke and Jacky looked away, Jocelyn began to strip off the visiting security uniform, a process which, unfortunately, wouldn't take any time at all.

In a matter of moments, Jocelyn had lifted off the insignificant fabric of her vest, then stepped out of her loincloth, leaving only the provocative bra and panties. "Oh, now that I think about it, Sleuth had a message for you! She said that she dismissed Casey a bit prematurely and that the girl might still be worth investigating. She says that Casey does have a motive for committing the crime, as she is passionately in love with Damson to the point of obsession. She once took from Damson's trash a hairbrush, which she kept as a momento, to smell! My word," Jocelyn remarked, looking puzzled. She was also looking increasingly naked, as, considering the underwear part of the uniform she was supposed to get out of, she had now unhooked her bra, allowing her wholly remarkable assets to hang freely. "However, she also comments that she has no hard evidence yet, at this point. She says she'd like you to take a look around the shop, if you get a chance."

By now, Jacky would hopefully have turned her attention back on Jocelyn and would realize that the girl was about to pull off the last tiny bit of clothing, having the delicate threads of her bikini pinched between her gloved fingers and slowly working them down the swell of her hips.
Jacky 'rescued' Jocelyn form her dire fate without really giving the mall employees much further chance to enact any more mischief, and swiftly corralled her charge into the ladies' room.

Fortunately for the hygiene conscious, the ladies bathrooms in the Shaums Austine were well kept and clean, presenting a open space just past the entrance, with three hand basins set against the wall mirror on the right; hand dryers, sanitisers and a condom dispenser on the left wall, and the stalls in back. The bathroom as a whole was designed to give a light, airy feel, though it was still made over in the same colours as the rest of the shopping complex.

Another piece of good fortune for Jocelyn and Jacky, there was no-one else making use of the facilities when they entered together, and began stripping down and watching on, respectively. For the moment, at least, they were alone.

((Just some brief setting for you both for now; feel free to take multiple back and forths if you want/need, until mod input is needed again ^.^))
"Yes, well, we won't be doing anything indecent," Jacky reassured Jocelyn in a way that would probably be unintentionally confusing. Still facing the wall, Jacky crossed her arms and tried to put her thoughts in order. "Oh, right, we'll have to find a way to get your things, won't we... well, let's worry about this, first."

The operator listened to her partner with interest, but the lead was ultimately a bit less interesting than she'd hoped. True, it did offer a good motive for Casey, but that wasn't anything they couldn't have begun to guess from Damson's earlier comments. In her mind, the camera footage she'd seen earlier seemed to hint that Casey had come for the obvious purpose of delivering some snacks to Damson, had done just that, and had left. There were two others who had less obvious reasons for why they'd been there. Still... what she had was more of a hunch than absolute evidence Casey wasn't involved. She supposed it could still be worth investigating, especially if Sleuth was finally focusing on the mission to provide such an opinion. "I don't know what Hyde has gotten herself into, but I'd like to think I've left her in the hands of a capable detective..."

"At this rate, we have at least three stops we'll have to make, unless we luck out and find what we're looking for sooner... Of course, our first stop will need to beeeeeeaaaaaaaaughaaagh!" Jacky began, before she was forced to release a scream as she'd turned around to see what her partner was doing. "Jocelyn?! For Pete's sake, what are you-"

A tight vice of cold logic attempted to grab Jacky's brain and massage it into a cool state that could properly apply problem-solving to the issue at hand. Jacky took a few deep breaths, steeling herself, then tried to decide an approach to use.

"Ms. Jocelyn. F-first of all, please, dress yourself again." The operator didn't bother adding any additional direction or clarification to that. She was beginning to think that the more words she used in explaining herself, the deeper she was digging her hole when communicating with the mall cop. She waited, looking away both as a polite gesture and in accordance with the feeling that staring at Jocelyn's naked, innocently questioning form would drive her mad, like some Cthulian nightmare.

In Jacky's mind, the mission had to wait. There had to be some way to correct Jocelyn's behavior, if she was going to continue this mission with her sanity intact. "Ms. Jocelyn. Before we go any further, I'd like to have a few words. First off, I find it commendable that you are so willing to throw yourself into your line of work with little regard for your own safety, and that you take the initiative in trying to satisfy the needs of your patrons. That work ethic is impressive. However... as I state it with no varnish, please understand that I mean no offense: your critical thinking and reasoning skills are greatly, greatly in need of improvement. Please, allow me to offer you a suggestion: it is clear that you are attempting to preemptively interpret people's intentions, in order to serve them more effectively. I fear that, perhaps due to a lack of experience, you frequently misinterpret intentions, or fail to correctly assess the consequences of your actions."

Jacky was on a warpath now, determined to try to drill this in. Short of physically making her, she would continue in spite of any protests from her partner. "For example, let's consider your current state of dress. You need to critically consider what motives Rude could possibly have to make you wear such a thing. To point: when visiting an area that is normally restricted in some way, such as a school or an office where you don't work, is it not customary to issue a name tag of some sort, perhaps a photo identification? What earthly reason could Rude possibly have for you to wear a jersey and loincloth?!"

"Furthermore," she continued, tugging on her own turtleneck and the waistline of her pants, "For what reason do we wear clothes? For what reason do we wear underclothes? Consider that the parts of the body normally considered 'private' are normally covered by the underclothes, providing support and offering a clear line of separation between when it is time and not time to perform the more unsanitary of our bodily functions, such as defecating, urinating, etcetera. Consider that the outer-clothes normally cover these parts in polite company: indeed, it is normally considered a 'wardrobe malfunction' when underclothes become visible in polite company."

"Now, assuming you understand how clothing works, consider why Rude would want you or permit you to wear an outfit that so readily exposed your underclothes. Why would he want you to defy that societal norm? I'll posit a theory. Whether for himself or for the other patrons of the mall, Rude is interested in revealing your body in the capacity of voyeurism. Consider that during the act of... lock-jingling, one must traditionally remove one's underwear. Rude is interested in seeing your body because it sexually arouses him."

At this point, Jacky's face was bright red, and her words were starting to run together, but still, she continued. "Do you understand? Seeing your underwear causes his p-penis to become erect, in anticipation of s-sexual congress! And unless you actually intend to offer such a thing to him, or to anyone else in the mall, isn't it more natural to keep those things concealed?! Shouldn't you wonder why he so freely asks you to run against that basic notion?! Could it possibly be because he has no shame, and is simply interested in the momentary thrill and natural pleasure a man feels in making himself erect, in spite of the consequences for your dignity or his responsibility as an officer of the law?!"

"Furthermore, let's consider why I would ask you to come into the bathroom and take your clothes off! Besides the fact that I'm a woman and thus incapable of joining you in sexual congress, have you considered the fact that I haven't shown any romantic interest? At that juncture, it is necessary for you to consider that perhaps you have misinterpreted me! If that is unclear, I am suggesting that, at any time you are unclear on a direction, or any time it is impossible to confirm the intentions of another, you should ask! 'Is this what you intend for me to do?' And, because it is clear that you are frequently unable to make that judgment call, I am suggesting that from now on, until that judgment has developed in you, please always confirm any directions which you have even the faintest inkling may be confused or run counter to basic rules of society or human nature!"

Panting, Jacky slowed down and wiped her hand across her brow. She thought to herself that she was really far too tired for this. "All right. Let's try a quick comprehension test. I asked you to come into the bathroom and take off your clothes. Why did I do that? Think carefully about everything I've said, and answer carefully."
Jocelyn raised her hands up to cover her breasts, realizing she must have done something wrong! "Sorry, sorry! I thought you said I needed to get out of these clothes!" she apologized. "Oh dear, how embarrassing..." Despite her words, she didn't sound as embarrassed as she probably ought to given the situation. The security officer dressed herself again (which didn't take long, given there wasn't much to put on) as Jacky spoke. The medical student had a lot of words for her; she'd have to address each by the time the rant was finished.

The main point Jacky wanted to get across was that, of course, Jocelyn had been made to wear this costume by Rude because he wanted to first see her in her underwear, then perhaps later, to join her in some lock-jingling. "That's not a fair judgment of character! Different places around the world all have different behaviors and customs, as you know," Jocelyn defended, not wanting to suspect that a fellow security officer could have unscrupulous motivations. "So, while it may be normal for you to wear relatively plain clothes that hide your figure and make you look a bit boyish, it's not necessarily the type of thing you can expect from a security guard. Why, this isn't too far removed from the sort of thing Rodney asks me to wear, although it is, granted, a bit farther on that side of the spectrum," she continued. If she wasn't going to accuse Rude of being a bad person, she certainly wasn't going to accuse Rodney of it. "If his, er, 'pepenis' should become erect because of it, that's an unavoidable side effect of good rules and practices, I suppose."

Her further questions began to propose a puzzle all their own, one which Jocelyn would knit her brow over and attempt to resolve through careful thought. "So... if a man asks me to do that... he probably wants to engage in sexual congress. A woman wouldn't ask me to do that, because she is not capable of engaging in sexual congress with me. So, with that in mind... you are a man who wants to engage in sexual congress with me?!" she gasped, far too audibly. "O-Oh my! Er, I'm sorry, but you should know that I can't do something like that! It's not you, it's me. Although, you really shouldn't have come into the women's bathroom! Ooooh dear, I should really seek Sleuth's opinion on this!" Panicking, she flipped out her PET and activated the screen in order to see her navi.

"... Uwah!" she cried out, fumbling with her PET and nearly dropping it into the toilet. Whatever she'd seen had clearly alarmed her. Once the initial scare was over, she had some time to think over what she'd just seen. "Hmm... Miss Jacky, I have a question! If two women can, in fact, not engage in sexual congress, then what exactly are our two navis doing right now?" she asked, raising one eyebrow and touching an index finger to her lip thoughtfully.
Jacky reclined against the wall as she listened to Jocelyn, still scowling. She hadn't expected her ideas to get straight across... if it was going to be that easy, she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. She had to remind herself that rising to the (unexpectedly insulting?) defense Jocelyn was mounting would be tantamount to slap-fighting with a child. That said, when Jocelyn made fun of her pronunciation of "penis," it was all she could do to hold herself back. Shoving her frustration back down inside, Jacky's mind made the snap decision to focus less on the fact that Jocelyn sounded as though she was making fun of her, and more on the fact that Jocelyn quite possibly didn't know or fully comprehend what a "pepenis" was.

"That's a lesson she's going to have to learn another time," she thought to herself with a sigh. She got back to listening to Jocelyn's attempts to puzzle out her meaning... before slapping a hand to her face. "Jocelyn. No. I'm not a man. And I most certainly don't want to engage in any act of sexual congress with you..." She made a point of gesturing to the taper of her chin and cheekbones, then stretched her turtleneck taut over her chest (the only way she could really reveal even the slightest bit of definition of her chest). "See? I have breasts... I'm a woman. Please, put that question out of your mind..."

The operator continued to listen with concern as Jocelyn went on. Her face screwed up into a reddened look of displeasure once again as the mall cop's next question came. "Forgive me, Ms. Jocelyn. I mean to say that two women can't engage in the act of procreation, as the sexual organs of two opposite genders are required. In a recreational capacity," she unintentionally growled, "I suppose it's quite possible. Although I do wish those two were spending their time more wisely... I feel like I'm about to collapse from all that I've done." Of course, that might be owing more to her own poor exercise than her work ethic. "Anyhow, if I had to guess, I would say that they are engaging in... recreational sex."

Jacky realized she'd already opened another can of worms, and let out a sigh. "Yes, I suppose I should elaborate... some, especially Navis, which cannot procreate, are more interested in the act of sex and lock-jingling for the entertainment aspect. However!" she shouted, as though anticipating Jocelyn's tangent thought, "There's nothing wrong with two people consensually engaging in recreational sex. The problem, I fear, is that you are not consensually performing in a sexual display of your body... you are being tricked into it by men taking advantage of you. Believe me when I say that these men are more interested in spicing up the boring routines of their day-to-day work and exploiting your naivety than they are your well-being or your dignity. When any human being forces another human being into a sexual display or act that they are not willingly taking part in... rest assured, the law has some very strong measures to mete out punishment."

Jacky had calmed herself down a bit, remembering that Jocelyn was a victim here, not a villain. "Now, does that clear things up at all? Do you understand that the answer to my earlier test is simply that it was a trick question? That you only thought I told you to come in here and take off your clothes, when I was actually attempting to emphasize the importance of formulating a plan that would lead to you getting your original clothing back on? I want to help you out, and to protect you... but there's only so much I can do if you aren't willing to learn, and you won't trust me. Can you trust me to help you finish this mission?"
Jocelyn gasped, seeing that Jacky did, indeed, have boobs. "You're right!" she informed Jacky, as if conferring the new knowledge that her friend was a woman upon her friend. "Recreational lock jingling? Oh, right, I suppose one could do it that way. Again, I'd heard it was just for married couples," she murmured, clearly needing much further instruction upon not just the specifics of sex, but also the broader context of it. "I'm certain Miss Sleuth is on the trail of a hot lead, though! There's no doubt in my mind that she's acting to the best of her capacity as a professional detective!"

Jacky probably wouldn't bother setting that straight, but there was still more to talk about. As much as Jocelyn wanted to assure Jacky that she wasn't being taken advantage of and was just doing what she'd always done over the course of her career as a mall cop, she stiffened up once she heard "the law" mentioned. Weren't Rude and she the law? Then again, there were higher laws still. But certainly Rude... and for that matter, Rodney... could not have obtained their prestigious, coveted positions in mall law enforcement without being trustworthy people, could they have? "I'm sorry, Jacky... You're right. I should trust you! Daddy always told me to trust the words of medical professionals. Plus, if Sleuth trusts your navi as much as she clearly does, then I certainly can't doubt you," she acknowledged. "I'll be suspicious of Rude from now on!"

Sleuth finally came back on screen, although her position didn't look any less vulgar than before. Jocelyn peeked out from between her fingers as the two of them spoke. "Er, pardon my nakedness, my dear. I'm afraid that now is not the greatest of times for us to catch up, but I wanted to know... what you're up to, hm? Everything alright, Kiddo?" Sleuth asked, although she appeared to be in worse trouble than her operator.

"Oh, yes, of course. I'm fit as a fiddle! Jacky here was just giving me some helpful advice about how I shouldn't trust Rude so implicitly. Just because he acts like Rodney doesn't mean that he's as trustworthy!" she resolved, although that didn't quite sound right either.

Regardless, Sleuth thought that sounded like a good track to be on. "Well, I won't question why you two are in the bathroom stall together, so long as you don't question why I'm naked, wrapped in vines, covered in sweat and nectar, and hanging suspended off the ground in a flower shop," she joked. "Anyways, I see now that Jacky is taking good care of you! That's fine by me! Toodles!" Sleuth finished, at the limits of her composure.

"That Sleuth! She's quite a witty joker, when she wants to be," Jocelyn giggled. "Ah, well. Miss Jacky! I have an idea... While Rude is not altogether trustworthy, I think it might be worth using him as a means to investigate Chris. I believe the two both trust me now and, unfortunately, don't think me capable of much... so I may be able to feel Chris out for clues. Then again, it's unlikely he's involved... but, maybe if I can make him drop his guard, you can use the opportunity to ask him all of the right questions, the ones I won't think of, using your superb brainy girl technique!" she requested, mimicking adjusting glasses on her face, as if to pantomime a brainy girl.
Jacky stood with her arms crossed, finding herself still in awe of Jocelyn's naivety. She could understand that Jocelyn might think Sleuth was a great detective (really, Jacky believed Sleuth must actually be a great detective, in spite of all evidence to the contrary), but just how far did one have to go to hold onto that faith as their Navi appeared to be engaging in willing violation by barely-glimpsed tentacles?

Nonetheless, she still had a responsibility to set Jocelyn straight. She was prepared to do so right away... but actually, Jocelyn seemed to more or less get the point of what she was saying. Miracles did occur, after all. "Well... yes, indeed. Please, be appropriately suspicious of that man," she concurred, shifting her eyes to the side and trying not to stare at her own shoulder in the mirror. "I'd ask you to pay attention and more closely evaluate your relationship with Rodney, as well... but let's take it one step at a time."

She considered Jocelyn's suggestion. She didn't have any reason to suspect that Chris would have the device in question: after all, even if the cleaning staff had been involved in the heist, Wallfly's footage had shown a different, female custodian. However, there was a chance that he might have seen something around the mall. She didn't think it was a particularly good lead, but she also figured this might give her a good chance to get Jocelyn back into her regular clothes. She'd broken off their conversation with Rude and Chris abruptly before, and didn't see a good opportunity to go about getting Jocelyn changed into her regular things without making an effort to do so.

Jacky missed Jocelyn's mimicking gesture, and nodded in response to her gesture. "Yes, well, please don't count on me for expert investigative skills. I'm no detective by profession or by interest. However, I think your course of action is a sound one. At the very least, I'll keep an eye on you and do what I can to assist. Why don't we go reclaim your segway, for starters? I'll let you lead the way after that..." Here, Jacky paused, frowning. "Actually, do you know for sure where to find Chris?"
"Rodney? Hm... I should probably talk with Rodney about all of this later," Jocelyn agreed, nodding slowly. "He'll be able to make sense of it." Seeing as Jacky was ready to step out, Jocelyn opened the door and held it for her, the two of them looking rather ridiculous between her costume and the ordinarily polite gesture, made nonsensical by its setting. She walked in front of Jacky, her hips swiping back and forth distractingly as she moved; at every step, the back of her panties seemed to be further consumed by her buttocks, causing her to have to adjust the back with her gloved fingers every now and again. "Oh, but your so brainy, Miss Jacky! I hope you won't mind too terribly, if I rely on you for just a bit longer," she complained, looking over her shoulder and pressing her hands together.

Once they were clear of the bathroom, Jocelyn nodded eagerly. "Absolutely! My segway should come first!" she agreed, heading with her partner to where she'd left it. "We can make good speed if we both ride together!" Of course, Jacky would probably have some reservations on that angle. Unfortunately, Jacky's suspicion was correct: Jocelyn had forgotten to ask which specific establishment Rude and Chris were actually going to clean up at. "Um... O-Oh..." she sobbed, realizing she'd failed. "Well... This is the perfect time to rely on your braininess, Miss Jacky! Perhaps you've met someone throughout your traveling here at the shopping center that might be able to pinpoint the location of Rude and Chris for us?" the scantily clad mall cop asked, beaming and optimistic.
With their heart-to-heart talked out and all manner of things cleared up... sort of... the two women emerged from the ladies room now thoroughly back on mission. Sort of. On the way back to Jocelyn's Segway the confusion of exactly where they might find Chris came up and stumped them for a time, but good fortune was conspicuously with the pair: the cleaner himself was still loitering about Jocelyn's vehicle, more or less right where she'd left them both, although now he had a coffee in one hand instead of the data tablet he'd been looking at before. He raised an eyebrow, grinning around his cup as the two returned.

"Quicker than I expected, ladies. Thought I'd better stand by and watch your little run-around here, just to be safe. Rude had to get back to work, so I kept an eye on it for you." The path of his eyes told the tale that Chris was quite glad to see that Jocelyn was still wearing her, rather questionably defined, uniform. "So, were you two meaning to get on with your visit, or was there anything else?" He sipped his coffee again. "Happy to tell you anything else you'd like to chat about, if it's about the work Sierra and I do here." In this case, of course, happy to help could probably be taken as synonymous with happy to get as much eye-candy time as he could reasonably manage while simultaneously piking off his actual cleaning work.

Jacky frowned, helpless to avoid watching Jocelyn's distracting travel ahead of her. She simply couldn't believe that some combination of events hadn't yet occurred to either teach Jocelyn the harsh realities of life or assign her a permanent caretaker. Realizing that the person in question was looking back at her, Jacky quickly re-established eye contact, blushing slightly. "Ah... I suppose," she responded lamely, mostly just to be giving a response.

Jocelyn didn't seem to know exactly where Chris had gone, which Jacky thought was going to be a problem. Just a breath away from telling Jocelyn that her "braininess" wasn't going to come in especially handy here, the two came across a spot of (questionable) luck. Jacky supposed Chris had done a good deed by watching over the valuable motorized vehicle, but she certainly wasn't willing to give his intentions the benefit of the doubt. "I'm sure Rude did have to get back to work... those bathroom cameras don't monitor themselves. Meanwhile, it was perfectly fine for you to shirk your duties and stand around here...?" she thought to herself, perhaps unkindly underestimating the extent to which duties could get shifted around even under normal circumstances.

Either way, it was a stroke of good fortune that he was here, and apparently willing to answer questions. The bad part was that he seemed to have scaled back his ambitions to get Jocelyn somewhere out of the public eye: he appeared happy to just get his eyeful. The main problem with this was that Jacky really didn't want to ask everything she needed to within earshot of every other mall-goer. Even if they used dodgy language, there was the possibility rumors could eventually start circulating about the strange pair asking questions.

"We do have a number of questions, but we don't want to hold up your schedule. Perhaps we can talk and walk to your work at the same time? I'm sure Jocelyn would love to see mall custodian work in action, as well, as she takes interest in the ins and outs of all mall staff routines." She shot Jocelyn a quick glance. "Pretty good, right? That should be enough," was the intended meaning.
Jocelyn was happy to see Chris again; she clapped her hands before waving excitedly, feeling grateful for her good fortune. "Oh, I'm so glad you're still here! And thank you so much for thinking to watch my precious security vehicle! That was very thoughtful of you," she greeted him, beaming widely as she placed her hands upon her lovely segway and then began rubbing its console lovingly. While she was thus occupied, Jacky took charge, hoping to guide Chris towards somewhere less populated where they might begin to discretely press him for information.

Hearing the name of Chris' partner, however, Jocelyn gasped, a sudden thought entering her head. "Sierra! That name reminds me of my missing sister's!" she exclaimed, going momentarily off topic. "Oh, but er... Yes! I had been wondering about your partner as well! You see, I've had very little opportunity to learn about female staff here at the mall, and I understand there are some major differences between how they're treated here and at my mall. Does she have an office or anything of the sort?" Of course, it was more likely that Sierra had a locker at most, rather than offices, each of them being part of a custodial staff. "I'd like to poke around, see if I can find anything that'd give me some insight into her daily life!"

Of course, asking to look through the personal effects of someone who wasn't present, accompanied or otherwise, would likely seem suspicious or shady, if it was coming from anyone other than Jocelyn. It was pretty hard to accuse her of anything other than innocent or naive intent... In fact, in this very case, while there might be something useful to be gained, she was still asking for the genuine purpose of trying to better understand another woman who worked closely with security here at the Shamus Austin. "Pardon me if I'm being too presumptuous... I'd also be happy to follow you on your errands, if you'd rather," Jocelyn murmured. Of course, if Chris had any interest in Sierra's things himself, this would give him a pretty fun opportunity to satisfy his curiosity.
The janitor nodded and smirked at the enthusiastic thanks from Jocelyn, taking his time to appreciate her a bit more thoroughly with his eyes, while she appreciated her Segway in turn.
"No problem at all. We've all got to do our part and all that. Glad to be of service."

As the questioning went on, Chris seemed to be weighing his options in front of the two ladies. On the one hand, it sounded a bit like they were actually quite willing to nip off somewhere private, now that they had taken care of whatever they'd needed to do together. On the other, Rude had explained to him how dense the busty one was, and he was busy trying to decide whether their request was an invitation... or actually some kind of half-witted honesty.

"Seierra does keep some of her things on one of the storage shelves, in the lower floor supply room, same as I do." He began slowly, casting his gaze back and forth between Jacky and Jocelyn's chest. "Don't have lockers or offices or anything like that, of course, but it does the job. I can... uh, take you there, if that's what you want?" There was a slight note of uncertainty in the man's voice, like he was still feeling his way. Going with him to the room in question was probably going to tip him towards thinking they had 'special' ideas, it would certainly both get them somewhere more private, and allow them to get a peek at some of the other cleaner's things.

Since Jocelyn, at least, seemed willing to accommodate him, Chris finished his drink and dropped the empty cut into the collection bin on his trolley, then set it moving, gesturing for the two ladies to follow with him as he pushed it along. Provided they followed in some fashion, the caretaker led them back towards the centre of the mall, away from the food-court entrance, and then down towards the eastern wing. This section of the mall looked like it held mostly sporting stores, camping, home and gardening, green-life and the like. If either woman was actively looking out for it, unlikely as that may be, they might notice the store-front of Green Gardens about two thirds of the way down one side, with its blinds down and a 'Back in Ten' sign flipped on the inside of the lowered shutter. Of course, that wasn't where Chris was leading the pair. He stopped only a short distance into the wing, pausing in front of a low visibility doorway and pulling out his keys.

Once it was open, he led the way, pushing the trolley inside first and shunting it directly into an alcove that was clearly designed to house it without taking up any more space in the room. He waved them in and tugged a chain to put the lights on, then closed the door behind them both with a soft click.

The cleaning storage room itself wasn't entirely spacious, but nor was it terribly cramped. There was a faint scent of various products mixed together, the strongest of which was a minty disinfectant. The room itself was warm, and well ventilated with a tile floor that matched the rest of the complex and wooden shelving holding all of the various products and tools round around walls of the room. Chris leaned on a shelf at the back, resting on one shoulder with his arms folded and a small grin on his lips. He was still mostly looking at Jocelyn, but nodded to a high shelf by the doorway that seemed to contain personal effects instead.

"Sierra keeps a few of her things up there. Have a look if you want, but don't take anything. I'm the only other one with keys and she'll have my hide if something goes missing." He flicked his gazed between them and shifted slightly. "Now, what else can I do for you ladies today?"

There was a very high probability that Chris was expecting or hoping for something that was almost certainly not on the cards at all, but at least they had their opportunity for questions, and even the chance to rifle some of the things of the cleaner that was actually on shift the evening before.