Articles on Navis of the Past

So yeah, these are the old articles I've written. The navis may not be around anymore, so anything you here is probably old new, but I feel like they're still worth a good run. If anyone has any comments on them, post them up here.

-Donald Murdoc

------------------------

Article #1: MilitiaMan.EXE

MilitiaMan is one of the net's most powerful virus busters, yet layers of mystery surround him. It surprised me to learn that a navi with such power could have stayed so anonymous for so long. By the wishes of the wishes of the navi's netop, typically known around the BBS boards as S.S.S., I have agreed not to reveal any deep information on the navi's past (not as if I know any), but hopefully, after reading this article you all will have a better idea of this soldier's feats and accomplishments, and furthermore, you will be able to see him as more than just one of the net's premier virus-battlers.

MilitiaMan's design instantly labels him as a combat navi; it represents well what it means to be a soldier in the field of netbattle. His armor's color scheme resembles the camouflage of warriors of old, displaying dark, inconspicuous green. His under suit is another covert shade, speckled with traces of brown here and there. The shoulders and knees are covered with thick gun-metal plates, obviously intended for protection and not just for show. The look is completed by a crest in the design of a badge, which amplifies his sense of presence on the battlefield. His face is fully covered, protected by a jet-black visor and matching face-guard. Truly this is a practical design for a practical navi.

Few have seen MilitiaMan at work, and fewer still have fought with MilitiaMan directly. This amplifies what information is already readily available about the navi's personality: MilitiaMan is a distant navi. His beliefs are firm, his demeanor focused. He's a protector of innocents. All of this, however, does not mean he necessarily has to be your buddy. MilitiaMan keeps at an emotional distance; as a result, it is difficult to discover any other sides of his personality. There was one other navi who apparently had worked closely with MilitiaMan for a period of time, but sadly, I was unable to locate her for information regarding the report. The name will remain anonymous.

MilitiaMan's specs are unbelievable; reports say that without slotting in any chips whatsoever, MilitiaMan is able to take down many viruses using only his navi's custom weapon, destroying even the most high-endurance opponents in a matter of minutes. There are those who say his buster can do even more, due to specific techniques of the navi, but I was unable to discover if there was any truth behind this statement.

Of course, the road to greatness is paved with battles, and MilitiaMan has seen many. Currently, MilitiaMan and many other navis are fighting against a menace to the net itself. Apparently, several of the menaces known as "BoxMan" have gathered in the area. Along with three other navis- ViralMan, Fenrir, and Melay- he defeated earlier a group consisting of two BoxMen and two mysterious avatars. He's only participated in one netbattle officially recorded at the DenDome, against an opponent named Kaos. In this battle, he went all out with his buster, a strategy which he still seems to utilize in his more recent battles.

MilitiaMan looks like a soldier, but who can say what his actual drive is? Well, from a purely speculative standpoint, I know that he must have some powerful motivation behind his actions. It could be that he feels obligated as a soldier to fight for the net. He could feel the same obligation towards his operator. It's possible he's simply another navi attracted to the glamour of professional busting and battling, trying to make his way to the top. But whatever the case, he wouldn't have fought this long and this hard for nothing. Will more on his mysterious past ever come into light? Maybe, but don't look for it on a simple gossip BBS, folks.

-----------------------------
Article #2: Miyamoto 404

To start this report, I'd like to say that researching the navi known formally as "404" makes the previous gathering of information on MilitiaMan.EXE look like a cakewalk. If anyone has recently visited the navi's homepage, you may notice it has been completely blocked off by the IPC. Now there are warning banners all around the premise; apparently, anyone who enters is now considered an enemy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there's a battle going on in there even now.

404 has utterly disappeared from the radar, officially. Since this is an unprofessional article, however, I can share certain rumors I've picked up during my navi DimensionMan's battle with Drakkas' band of Rogues. Along with the unoperated fighters on the side of the Rogues was a young female navi clad in green with an automatic rifle. From what those around me said, I have been led to assume that this navi was Miyamoto 404 himself. While it seems completely incomprehensible, 404 has recently vanished from the netbattling scene. I leave my reasoning open to the possibility that 404 was one of my opponents during the Drakkas battle, fighting alongside the head of the Rogues himself.

404's specs are difficult to learn about, as is much of his history and present. However, I can report what I learned of the navi Kris, if it could be of any credibility (I again point out that I have not confirmed the rumor that she and 404 are one in the same). Although Kris was quickly flung from the battle, leaving Drakkas to fend for himself, I did observe a few specific abilities during the time. Most of the effects of her skills were cryptic and difficult to decipher the exact nature of, but among them appear to be the ability to attack using a shadow, negate enemy attacks, and basically alter her own physical fortitude. Only a short while into the battle, she displayed amazing growth in speed and power. The skills were so far out of the norm of the regular navi-specific arsanel that DimensionMan had no way to report to me what their exact effects were. Among her supply of battle chips are Bamboolance and AKAI Beam, two rare and powerful battle chips which each deal over 100 damage to a navi's HP value.

Hopefully, the IPC will have new information regarding Miyamoto 404 following the conclusion of the strange events on his homepage. Regrettably, they do not usually deem it "necessary" to share with us such information, but if such info will clear 404's name of unjust criticism, now is the time for it to become public.

On another note, sympathizers of 404, please don't flame my homepage or inbox with messages regarding my opinions on the navi. I have not yet condemned 404; my decision will rest solely on the revelation of the true nature of his debatable status as a criminal.

-----------------------------
Article #3: Tetra.EXE

My past two articles on the loner MilitiaMan and the cryptic 404 required extensive researches, but Tetra is one my navi DimensionMan has encountered several times. Tetra is an imposing, grey-armored navi who also has the ability to split his two arms, which hang in place separate from his own body through the power of some generated magnetic force, into four limbs for a devastating energy barrage.

My navi's first encounter with Tetra was in the DenDome, where where he and another, TriggerMan, faced off against Tetra in a 2 on 1 match as part of an event designed by 15 year old Chris Reprah. In the match, TriggerMan and DimensionMan were held constantly at the ropes, despite their advantage in numbers. TriggerMan successfully defended himself, took advantage of the environment, and even overcame a whirlwind of flames to take the match.

Amazingly, Tetra was defeated by a 10 year old boy's navi and a young female navi operated by Soryu Gosthe in the final round. I've watched the replay on the security cameras several times (not that I hold any grudges, mind you). Since this is my article, I'll tell you all my own thoughts: the match ended in their favor because his operator, Blake Vista, threw it. I don't know his motives, but a stray lightning bolt seemed to strike his navi at the final moment. The lightning wouldn't have been enough to down a navi of Tetra's power; there has to be more behind it.

Besides his exclusive attack which allows him to use four arms to fire off separate blasts, Tetra has other unique abilities which I have seen in practice during both our match at the DenDome and the fight against Drakkas' forces. He can create multiple layers of defense in the form of barriers, and also appears to have the ability to give the barriers to others. He can also dramatically increase the power of his regular custom weapon attacks. Many of his powers, however, seem to have some wear on his body. While his chips are powerful, he can remain less chip-reliant than some navis due to his own upgrades and natural capabilities.

Tetra is still actively participating in many events around the net, and his operator Blake has notably recently become the co-founder of a group called "Sonata," along with Eon.EXE's operator Dethis Harbin. Membership in the group provides chip lending for a small fee.
OOC: I rock.

Quote ()

Article #2: Miyamoto 404

To start this report, I'd like to say that researching the navi known formally as "404" makes the previous gathering of information on MilitiaMan.EXE look like a cakewalk. If anyone has recently visited the navi's homepage, you may notice it has been completely blocked off by the IPC. Now there are warning banners all around the premise; apparently, anyone who enters is now considered an enemy. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there's a battle going on in there even now.

404 has utterly disappeared from the radar, officially. Since this is an unprofessional article, however, I can share certain rumors I've picked up during my navi DimensionMan's battle with Drakkas' band of Rogues. Along with the unoperated fighters on the side of the Rogues was a young female navi clad in green with an automatic rifle. From what those around me said, I have been led to assume that this navi was Miyamoto 404 himself. While it seems completely incomprehensible, 404 has recently vanished from the netbattling scene. I leave my reasoning open to the possibility that 404 was one of my opponents during the Drakkas battle, fighting alongside the head of the Rogues himself.

404's specs are difficult to learn about, as is much of his history and present. However, I can report what I learned of the navi Kris, if it could be of any credibility (I again point out that I have not confirmed the rumor that she and 404 are one in the same). Although Kris was quickly flung from the battle, leaving Drakkas to fend for himself, I did observe a few specific abilities during the time. Most of the effects of her skills were cryptic and difficult to decipher the exact nature of, but among them appear to be the ability to attack using a shadow, negate enemy attacks, and basically alter her own physical fortitude. Only a short while into the battle, she displayed amazing growth in speed and power. The skills were so far out of the norm of the regular navi-specific arsanel that DimensionMan had no way to report to me what their exact effects were. Among her supply of battle chips are Bamboolance and AKAI Beam, two rare and powerful battle chips which each deal over 100 damage to a navi's HP value.

Hopefully, the IPC will have new information regarding Miyamoto 404 following the conclusion of the strange events on his homepage. Regrettably, they do not usually deem it "necessary" to share with us such information, but if such info will clear 404's name of unjust criticism, now is the time for it to become public.

On another note, sympathizers of 404, please don't flame my homepage or inbox with messages regarding my opinions on the navi. I have not yet condemned 404; my decision will rest solely on the revelation of the true nature of his debatable status as a criminal.

Sources:

--LINK RENDERED INACCESSIBLE BY IPC-
((Thanks Atrus. I'll edit that. :3))