The Legacy of Greed

The room- is not too large. It's about 40 feet wide and 30 feet long. Economical for what it's supposed to be used for. Unfortunately, it's being used to brief the five of you.

The man who's briefing you is pointing and insulting your man/womanhood with all the epithets he can muster. He seems to be quite good at it, although his method of informing you of your mission could use some work.

"Well. You've joined the military, or should I say 'Joined'." The Major stands before you as he makes the scathing quote marks in the air. His attitude is sullen and somewhat depressed as he talks to the five of you while wildly gesticulating.

"Now, you folk have been prepared or so I've been told, and I'm supposed to brief you on what you're supposed to do." He waves at the screen behind him as it flickers, then gives a representation.

"You'll be taking off from Phobos Station Bay 2E, and it'll take you about 2 weeks to get to Deimos Station. You'll be boarding via one of the various airlocks. You'll most likely have to breach, as we don't 'know for certain' if any factions are faithful to us or want to leave and such." Mister Major obviously doesn't like the intelligence community on Phobos Station either.

"So I advise you prepare anything you might need in the short term aboard the shuttle. I'll need what you wish to purchase and regulations require that you keep your purchase to Licensed or below." He pauses for a moment.

"We would be sending you small fry in one of the Mechanical Suits we were supposed to receive from one of the Lunar colonies, but it seems to have been intercepted, or at least delayed." You can almost hear him mutter, "Is there anything else..?"

"Oh right. There'll be two other teams breaching as well. They'll announce themselves, and as thus we hope you'll follow all procedures or face immediate court martial upon returning to this station."

"Any-- Questions..?"
Amara raised her hand silently, peeking out from under her hair, which was as ratty as always. Then she held her hand aloft, as if waiting to be called on. When, after several seconds, she was denied, she asked "What's our objective, sir? I mean..." She trailed off, clearly embarrassed.

[ooc]Hey, I sent you my gear. I did. For reals. You saw it, right?[/ooc]
"Two Questions" Dan asked nonchalantly "One, who are you grabbing us off the street and sending up on what seems to be an important mission... Two, who the hell are we dealing with there and why can't we just hitch a ride in on one of their shuttles?" While talking he placed his sunglasses on. "Oh, and what are we getting paid" He added
"Hrm..." Marchande thought to herself and looked from side to side to identify the faces. After having seen all faces, she nodded to herself and shrugged as she started to speak as well. "Who are these guys?" she said with a smile on her face, then turned to Amara and continued to talk, "It's good to know I'm not the only girl in this mission. I'm Marchande. I twirl guns. What's it you do?"
Amara glanced over at the woman addressing her, and tried to smile, clearly nervous. "I, um... they trained me in espionage... I learned how to infiltrate. I guess because I'm not much good for anything else. You probably shouldn't get to know me too well, since I don't expect to live through this mission." Her smile vanished as she examined her teammate, then turned her attention back to the man who'd briefed them.

Whatever the mission was, Amara was sure that she'd be a burden, a burden that would quickly be relieved from the team once she was inevitably killed. All she was good at was being small. She wasn't a gifted hacker or a steady shot. Nothing. Slightly miserable, but little more than usual, she waited for an answer to her initial question.
Raimus simply tapped the upper edge of the right lens of his goggles with a finger; a nervous habit, really.

These people he was supposed to be working with seemed pretty interesting. A sort of ragged-looking woman-- Amara, if he had overheard properly-- a guy who gave off this weird, stuck-up vibe, the second girl, 'Marchande', as she had so willingly provided, and- Raimus glanced at the last member of their group, who had yet to do much of anything. Hmmm.
"You'll be entering this place as a security measure. We've got more well-trained squads entering from alternate breaches. As to why we're not doing this by infiltration, wars have broken out on their space station. We're going over there to 'batten down the hatch' and take what we can before it all goes to hell. If we can secure it, it'd be even better." He pauses for a moment. "Did I miss anything?"
"Hmmm" Dan hummed "So you're sayin we just are going there to secure...? Very good then.... Now I am going to need all information - We can get on who we are up against, why were are up against them, who leads them.... and.. anything else you can spare. We will need to know as much as reasonably possible if we want to survive..."
Dan stopped speaking for a moment to stretch before continuing
"Apparently you couldn't afford to give us any armor... so a single stray bullet can kill us... We will need to know everything we can so we don't end up dead."
"You just want us to break in and steal things?" Amara sounded confused, and she had forgotten to raise her hand this time too. "Can't we have instructions or something? A specific way out?"
Listening to the others quietly, fidgeting with her hands as she was getting bored due to the lack of movement, Marchande finally raised her hand after Dan had asked about information. "A map of the space station with details would be nice," she said, "Surely you must have something like that, right?"