Sj's Museum Of Natural Misery

Basically, this is where I'll be placing many of my random projects that involve navis and virii and battlechips and... well, anything that could be useful to me later on, be it in the RP or for kicks. It's not a spam topic (although many times it may look like it is) and there will be some good stuff here in the end, whether it be for my amusement or for inspiration on navis in the future, should my current combo get older than it already feels.

Enough blah-blah-blah-ing, time to meet the exhibits.

[LIST OF OFFICIAL PROJECTS]
~ Gus "Nom" Raznall / Glomp.EXE / Snap.SP
~ Glitch Panels
~ "Shifter" Virus / "SwordRay" Set / "Shatter" Set
~ Nag Panels
Gus "Nom" Raznall / Glomp.EXE / Snap.SP
PROJECT COMPLETE INCOMPLETE

What the hell is this?
After I pulled Meltdown off the network I thought to myself "Is this how it's supposed to be? Surely I can think of better navis that will keep me entertained for longer." After about 5 minutes in the chat, I stumbled upon this idea in my head.

What was your motivation/inspiration for making this?
For kicks. The idea of a navi that eats virii instead of battling them is great.

Is this a joke?
Yes, it is. I laugh at the idea of a navi like this, although it'd make for some great RP conversations.

Is there anything else I should know before I cringe and read this?
Yes; this navi was used based on a level 30 navi with all available Process Upgrades purchased. Unrealistic, but so is the idea of making it this far with him.

===============================================================================

Operator
Name: Gus "Nom" Raznell
Appearance: Despite his reputation, Gus is a slightly-underweight and slightly-tall teen. Had you heard about any of his antics at a food table though, you'd think otherwise. Gus has mid-length dark brown hair that if left to hang would reach just below his ears, deep-blue eyes, an infectious smile that seems to always be plastered on his face, and an unusual leg to torso height ratio, almost having stumps for legs. His arms came out normal though. He's always seen wearing some kind of formal shirt to go with what must be his favourite set of demin blue jeans.
Personality/History: Don't get between Gus and his food. It's that simple. He always seems to be hungry or eating, the latter moreso. This is due to a disease Gus has that burns food quickly, absorbing almost no energy at all. There is a third thing he always seems to be doing, but we'll save your sanity and not list it here. Gus is a nice person, always looking out for others. As long as it doesn't involve him missing out on a meal of some kind.
PET Modifications: A round green terminal with white buttons and a silver lining for the screen and battlechip input slot.

NetNavi
Name: Glomp.EXE
Element: Grass
Type: Recovery
Appearance: If you could describe Glomp in one word, what would it be? HUGE. This navi is around four to five times the regular height of a normal navi. If you thought giant, you're correct: Glomp is a giant. Glomp looks like a giant soft green gelatinous ball with feet and hands. No legs and arms. Well, that's not entirely accurate. In his natural state, Glomp is a ball with feet and hands only. However, there are two other modes where Glomp's appearance changes: moving, and... eating. When moving, Glomp retracts his hands, feet and head into his body and rolls. Glomp can see a full 360 degrees while in this mode, but you don't wanna know how. While in the other mode, Glomp can extend out arms and legs almost as long as his body himself. This is useful when Glomp does what Glomp was made for: grabbing random victims and swallowing them whole. The
Personality/History: Glomp was the mistake of three navis melded together in a freak accident. Nom loves him dearly, but the truth is that Glomp is a freak, period. Beneath that gooey exterior, Glomp is a quite simple navi. Although he's easily persuaded by Nom to do anything he asks, he will simply not listen to another person or navi unless Nom has given clear and direct instructions forcing him to do so. Talk about loyalty. Otherwise, he'll stop at nothing to make Nom happy.
Custom Weapon: Goo
End of story. Glomp simply conjures up a gooey phlegm and spits it out of his body. Well, he doesn't really spit it, it just launches out of the most appropriate spot in his slimy body.
Signature Points Used/Total: /840
Signature Attack: (In Progress)

Support Program
Name: Snap.SP
Element: Fire
Type: Sword
Appearance: Commonly referred to by Glomp as "the cook", Snap is a standard size navi with long, thick red hair that extends down to her hips, deep-blue eyes like her operator, and a pink bow in her hair. She wears white gloves on her hands, a white chef's apron, and has two razor-sharp chef's knives that retract into her arms when not in use. Snap dons pink highlights that runs along the front and back of her arms and legs. The rest of her body is a blazing red.
Personality/History: Snap is probably the most irritable of the group. Always having to organise the two boys, nothing frustrates her more than Glomp ignoring her simply because of his total obedience to his operator. Otherwise, Snap is highly intelligent, witty, and knows the way out of almost any situation. She's known far and wide for her cooking skills, and boasts many a recipe on the net, her specialties involving gourmet virii data. Snap.
Custom Weapon: Chef's Daggers
The two knives that Snap keeps tucked away in her arms are great for some truly awesome melee battles. There's not much that
Signature Points Used/Total: /420
Signature Attack: (In Progress)
Glitch Panels
PROJECT COMPLETE

What the hell is this?
I love experimenting with battles that unbalance the fight and test a navi's overall effectiveness, not just a set tactic used over and over again.

Watching level 30 navis lose to a level 10 counterpart because there was a large hole in their overall battle strategy is always interesting. This is one of those kinds of tools that can be used to test your battle strategy and check for holes.

Is this a joke?
No. Try battling with this against tougher virii and you'll have some intense battles.

To use this, you'll need to use a dice simulation program. If you don't like those, then I guess this isn't a panel-type for you.

Glitch Panels

Glitch panels will put even the most advanced navis to the test. Although this type of panel was originally found only in test lab simulations, somebody leaked the information on this project, and now they can be found in isolated parts of the net as a protection to prevent programs from entering.

Glitch panels are, quite simply, advanced terrain designed to scramble any data that makes contact with it. Glitch panels will stand vast amounts of damage aimed at it, and cannot be cracked. However, it can be manipulated to carry the effects of other types of panels. An example: if a navi was to lay a lava seed onto a glitch panel, not only would it cause glitches, but it would also burn any navi standing on the same spot. Obviously these extra effects cannot be stacked.

Glitch panels randomize frequently, and will take one of eight seperate forms easily identified by the colour of the aura that emits from its surface. Each form has its own unique effects. These are as follows:

Black
Chance of appearance: 20%
Panel is inactive, navi will experience no impediments.

Red
Chance of appearance: 15%
Panel interferes with the subject's battlechip transmission, stopping subjects from downloading battlechips from their operator.

Green
Panel interferes with the subject's core data, stopping them from activating signature attacks.

Blue
Panel interferes with the subject's buster, stopping them from using basic attacks.

Yellow
Chance of appearance: 10%
Panel interferes with both battlechip and signature use, forcing the subject into using basic attacks only.

Aqua
Panel interferes with both signature and basic attack use, forcing the subject into using battlechips only.

Purple
Panel interferes with both battlechip and basic attack use, forcing the subject into using signature attacks only.

White
Chance of appearance: 5%
Panel forces all subjects into total lockdown. The best tactic on these panels is either avoid incoming attacks or brace to reduce the damage.

Different panel forms do not mix together to create mixed terrain. Upon the end of every cycle, the whole field changes to a different form; glitch panels never stay the same for two cycles. Panel types that have been imbued into the glitch panels will remain for three cycles before being overwritten back to normal terrain effects.

On a final note, these panels cannot replicate the effects of certain types of panel changes. These are: cracked, broken, metal, and trap.
"Shifter" Virus / "SwordRay" Set / "Shatter" Set
PROJECT COMPLETE

What the hell is this?
One of my examples of high-level virii.

Reviving old memories never dies for somebody with an overactive imagination, and I've got a lot of them.

Is this a joke?
No. The first of many sets of virii.

Open your mind?

Shifter

Picture a small black bear that stands on its hind legs. Now make the legs straighter, arms longer, and add a second set of arms, and you've got a Shifter virus. Don't let its size fool you; Shifter's ability to bring the fight to you will have your navi ducking for cover, which won't help you when it's taken down as well.

Shifter is an unusual virus: each of its four arms can transmutate into a series of weapons, each capable of dealing damage over many distances. Your navi had better watch out: when these virii attack, they do it in four waves.

Those attacks are as follows:

SwordRay
Shifter's arms transform into swords that take no form, just waves of freeforming energy. Running forward, Shifter will attempt to lash at you with this attack. However, it doesn't stop there: when slashed, the energy from the sword takes form into a wave, which launches and continues forward towards any target just out of reach.

FragVulcan
Shifter's arms take form into Vulcans, which fire pellets that explode in mid-air. That's right, not on your navi; it explodes in front of the target, maximizing the chance of success of some damage.

Shatter
shifter's arms come together to form a big hammer, shifting in similar form to the SwordRay. However, once the hammer is in the air and heading towards its target, it purifies and becomes acidic, not just sizzling the subject, but burning through any barriers and floor (if it reaches it) near the target.

Version 1: Shifter
Colour: Gray
Hit Points: 200
Attacks:
SwordRay (Close-range: 30 dmg x4) (Long-range: 10 dmg x4)

Version 2: Mutater
Colour: Dark Gray
Hit Points: 250
Attacks:
SwordRay (Close-range: 40 dmg x4) (Long-range: 15 dmg x4)
FragVulcan (10 dmg x12-24)

Version 3: Ghoster
Colour: Black
Attacks:
SwordRay (Close-range: 50 dmg x4) (Long-range: 20 dmg x4)
FragVulcan (15 dmg x12-24)
Shatter (200 dmg + Large Terrain Change (Broken))

SwordRay

SwordRay1
Damage: 80 + Slashing / 60 + Seeking
Accuracy: B / B
Description: A loose-form energy sword that can cover distance in its swing.
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Energy runs out after 3 swings.
Element: None

SwordRay2
Damage: 120 + Slashing / 90 + Seeking

SwordRay3
Damage: 160 + Slashing / 120 + Seeking

Shatter

Shatter1
Damage: 50 + Break + Small Area Terrain Change (Broken)
Accuracy: A
Description: An energy-based hammer that burns through all it touches.
Duration: Once

Shatter2
Damage: 100 + Break + Medium Area Terrain Change (Broken)

Shatter3
Damage: 150 + Break + Large Area Terrain Change (Broken)
Shifter looks great to be in Rogue Nets, like battle 5~15?
Also, SwordRay chips look kind of overpowered, being able to swing thrice. Maybe more like twice, but that's just me.
When it comes to the attacks, I'm still learning values. After all, I've been busting for what, a month? I'm only at level 3.

Twice, you reckon?
Nag Panels
PROJECT COMPLETE

What the hell is this?
I was trying to make my next attack and couldn't get my nagging mother out of my ear.

Mother: NAG NAG NAG.

Is this a joke?
Yes. Although it could be used if I wanted.

Yes; NAG NAG NAG. Oh, and despite the figures, no dice are actually required, it's up to the moderator based on RP quality.

Nag Panels

Nag panels are the result of network tampering by supervillan Darkloid NagWoMan. She herself is immune to the panels, and considers them a godly comparison to her... *cough* sweet... self. I'll let you make your own opinion though.

Nag panels have the appearance of a thousand mouths, randomly opening and closing, spewing forth their voices filled with nothing but nonsense and garbage. The noise coming off these panels is tremendous, and can interfere with operator and navi communication. The most common result is battlechip "jamming".

"Jamming" is the process of a battlechip download being blocked due to the interference of countless voices. Battlechips transferred to your navi have a 50% chance of downloading correctly without jamming. Otherwise, the chip will jam, and your action used to load and fire said chip will be forfeited. Don't worry though, any battlechips that are jammed will be stored in the navi's chip cache.

Any chips in your cache will be corrected and sent to your navi on your next attack. However, cached chips take priority over any new chip downloads: this means that before you can use any new chips, all chips in the cache must be used and the cache returned to empty. Cached chips will leave in the same order they enter. Each cached chip will take another action to call out and use. Cached chips may stay in the cache up to a maximum of 3 rounds before they fragment and damage your navi from the inside; remember this.

The only other major effect of Nag Panels is their ability to distract. Navis using attacks that are ranged, or require extra aim, may require extra actions to ensure damage. Also, navis that rely on cloaks for defense should step wisely; Nag Panels can see through any form of visibility defense, and immediately spread this information, making you a glowing hot target.

There is only one truly effective way to deal with Nag Panels: take a giant hammer and SMASH 'EM IN THE FACE!!!