Signature Attack Help Thread

With so many aspects it will take me awhile to calculate what I would rate it as, at least.

I spend a decent amount of time on chat talking about such things, therefore I have a decent (though not amazing idea). Will post within the next few hours.

Was just checking this...

It doesn't actually say the damage anywhere, does it?

Oh. 10-20 then, nm

SIN Locks

First of all, it does not state that you can ever turn it off or stop the corruption besides jacking out. It does, however state that you can only use them with certain GMOs, and only once per battle.

Likewise, it appears to activate immediately with a GMO change. Because I cannot tell what that actually takes, I will assume a single action.

Luxuria (Lust) 1/10 times increasing damage by 2x. This averages to be an effective 10% increase in damage. Equivalent damage cap of 20.

Gula (Gluttony) Killing blows can heal for the amount of remaining health. Buster only, it would appear. Approx equivalent of 30 damage.

Avaritia (Greed) Equivalent 20 damage cap, directly stated

Acedia (Sloth) Standard Simply attack trick, 20 damage cap

Ira (Wrath) Ugh, I dislike these things, but I don't think most people would make it anything more than a 30 damage cap.

Invidia (Envy) Can mimic attacks, would say approximately an average of equivalent 30 damage cap, because the mimic'd attacks are relatively poor.

Superbia (Pride) Sword subtype ability, a basic 20 point effect in my eyes, but depending upon who you ask it would be as high as 40. Will assume 20 for now.

Zetsubou no Suugatsu -The Form of Despair- (Sin) HaH

The One Sin - 20-40 point damage cap equivalent, but is with double penalties.

Basically, while this claims to be passive, and while any one of the abilities might fly as a passive, you have 7 of them.

Now here is the tricky part, if those 7 were chosen only randomly, then this would be ok at this point (in theory), however you may choose which one you want. You also, however, have a large disadvantage that makes this functionally not a passive ability. You can only hold the attack for one round, before disadvantages begin kicking in. Any one of these abilities, is not worth 20 damage per round (except maybe The one-sin). Therefore, after the first turn, it is debatably worse than nothing. Having any one of these chosen at will for one turn per combat is not broken itself, therefore because the rest of the period after that is purely flavor as it is a combat disadvantage, I believe that this sig would be balanced at a 20 damage per round after the safe zone.

I believe that 10 damage is pushing the fairness of it, and you would probobly ideally go with 15.

The sig works, because none of these abilities exceeds the disadvantages you placed, in addition, your normal damage cap increase assuming you were purchasing expantions normally, fit into the time extentions like a glove.

In summary: Balanced at 15 damage per turn after safe time.
15? Not bad. I was thinking between 20-40. Though that might increase, because corruption is stopped by switching back to the default GMO, so I might make it a 30-damage-per-turn after the safe limit. Partially to balance, partially for IC reasons (I mean, c'mon. They aren't called the Seven Deadly Sins for nothing).

And unless I'm missing something, did you factor in that the subtype bonus doesn't apply?
A small idea I've had. This is only the begin of it. This is only a prototype, mind you. Descriptions are not set in rock, but the Summary/Damage is in a way set in stone.

Name: Divine Retribution
Sig LVL: 4
Damage Cap: (( If I'd have 3 LVL1, 1 LVL2, 1 LVL3 and 1 LVL4 )) 235 (( If I'm correct ))
Description:
- No GMO/Cross: A large golden cross appears behind Divinity while Divinity herself suddenly receives four more wings on her back and her eyes light up. She grabs said golden cross with both hands and flies at the enemy to crush it under the weight of the cross.
- Persephone GMO: Divinity summons an old familiar of the RP world to the living world and lets her attack. Celsius appears from the book and encases her fists in solid ice as she creates a giant block of ice above her head which she throws down upon an enemy.
- Solar GMO: Divinity creates two shields of solar energy which she drops in front of herself as they float in the air. She then summons all power from the solar jewels upon her armor and shoots a single beam at the two shields which amplify the power like magnifyers. The beam flies out from the shields, which break after the attack has been executed from the sheer amount of power, and strikes a target with the burning intensity of the sun.
- DruidCross: Divinity disappears in the ground and a rose appears where she had disappeared. The rose grows to an enormous size with Divinity inside of it. The petals of the rose suddenly break loose and attack a single enemy in a dance of rose petals.
Summary:
- No GMO/Cross: 180 damage; 20 HP heal to Divinity; 4 TCD.
- Persephone GMO: 180 Aqua damage; 4TCD.
- Solar GMO: 180 Fire damage; 4TCD.
- DruidCross: 180 Wood damage; 4TCD.
Note:
- GMOs and Crosses cannot be activated/changed while this signature attack is in his cooldown period.
- This signature attack cannot be used in the same turn when a GMO or Cross has been executed.
- When registering a new GMO or Cross, a new attack will be registered for this Signature Attack too.
- Using a GMO uses an action now and MUST be executed in a battle.

I know these are multiple choices, but the damage always remains the same but with each I use a 20 point effect to make just a bit different. And it'll always be one-hit and 180 damage. 180 (damage) + 20 (effect) + 35 (for allowing multiple attacks within a signature attack?) = 235.
Either way, this is just an idea and I'm not planning it for anything lower than level 4. It'd be weird to have someone who gets THIS Signature Attack by getting a max level DivineCross.
Shur- Off element is 40 points, in addition, the capacity to choose elements freely stacks on a consistant basis, especially if the rest of the sig being at full power.

Assuming each additional one after the first only costs 20 more, that would be an 80 point ability, minimum (and that is being generous).

Elements are interesting because of how well they fit into the system. Each additional one is really just another effect, because you have a choice in the matter.

Realisticly, I would put this at 150 damage. Also, Recovery 20 is not a 20 point effect. It's closer to a 25-30 point effect.

As for Nal, I based the costs off of your subtype ability being gone. Otherwise it would be more. Also, the abilities are fickle for that reason, a larger penalty gets increasingly diminishing rewards. It comes to a point where 50 and 100 are a smaller difference than 10 and 15.
Off-element is 20 instead of 40. I asked this in the Mod Cave and it should never have been changed to 40. Same problem we had previously with x-hit barriers, remember?

I know the 20 heal would be more like 25, but eh... It wouldn't change a lot.

Every use after the 3 third option is equal to a 10 damage to the cap, or so I think. The Mods never put their finger on that. And this would be equal to a -10, since there's only one more. If I get a GMO and the cap restricts me from registering a Signature Attack for this with it, I'll wait until I can.

Also... A note to Nal... A GMO-based Signature Attack. What if someone wants to team up with you for a max level Cross and ends up with that attack? There is no way that person would be able to use that Signature Attack. That's why I'm putting mine as a level 4, so the other Navi will ever get it.

Quote (Shuryou)

Also... A note to Nal... A GMO-based Signature Attack. What if someone wants to team up with you for a max level Cross and ends up with that attack? There is no way that person would be able to use that Signature Attack. That's why I'm putting mine as a level 4, so the other Navi will ever get it.

Two responses...

1/ If someone doesn't realize that and tries to get it as the sig for the Max-level cross, then they deserve to get a useless sig, imo.
2/ Crosses are kind of OOC for Shinokami, anyway. He works as the avatar of his Operator in the Net World, nothing more. Sure, if they order him to work with a Navi, he will, but he doesn't care about the other Navi(s). His master's orders are absolute.
(NOTE! The following was created a long-ass time ago and will probably never be made into a Sig Attack EVER. I just got ideas and started writing... and writing... and writing... The only chances of this getting approved are if I tune it down a lot. I post this now in the hopes of getting some help in making this a less monstrous sig attack... And now, the post, in all it's horrific glory.)

(Alright, my 1.5 signature move. My first one too! This is kind of exciting! It's just that, uh, I'm kind of worried. Especially with Twi's promise to castrate my idea. Ouch. That and I'm worried about its balance issues myself. You can probably see that it's a bit lengthy, about five pages in Microsoft word with the text at size 12, TNR. Yeah, so, uh, grab a drink and some popcorn or something. Thanks for the work guys. And I apologize in advance.)

Mighty Strength — With a new power bonus, CrushMan learns to use his impressive size and strength in new ways to gain an advantage in combat.

Mighty Strength works as a constant effect rather than an activated move. It's first effect is a small power upgrade that has the same effect as an 'Attack +1' upgrade. Mighty Strength also opens up several new options for CrushMan.

Grab — At the use of one action, CrushMan attempts to grab a hold of a nearby object. No combat actions can be used for the turn after the grab action is attempted, limiting Crush to dodge actions and actions that do not deal damage to an enemy for the rest of that turn. Grab has three possible results.

Two-Hand Grab — The target is immobile or slow enough that CrushMan can grab the target with both hands. While using the Two-Hand Grab, CrushMan is limited to dodge actions, heal or defense actions, the Signature Move 'Strength Reserve, and the 'Throw', 'Hold' and 'Crush' commands. An enemy target held in the Two-Hand Grab is affected in a way similar to the 'Imprison' effect and must spend an action to try to get free, although there is no guarantee.

One-Hand Grab — The target is fast enough that CrushMan only gets one hand clasped around the enemy. In this state, CrushMan can use all of his standard actions, but melee attacks do only one-half normal damage. An enemy target held in the One-Hand Grab is affected in a way similar to the 'Imprison' effect and must spend an action to get free.

Failure — The target is either too fast, has no solid form, or is too small for CrushMan to grab a hold of. The turn's action is wasted.

CrushMan does not choose which Grab he has. Grab can be used on any object that can be normally targeted, from standard objects, like RockCubes and WindFans, to Virii, like Metool or Swordy, to other Navi. However, CrushMan is injured when exposed to Viral Data and takes damage when holding Virii equal to one half of that virus' weakest attack per turn of holding the enemy. 'Throw', 'Hold', and 'Crush' can only be used the turn after 'Grab' has been successfully used or on a turn beyond that, so long as the target is still held.

Throw — At the use of one action, CrushMan throws an object. Throw can only be used after a successful grab action and while the target is still held. Throw can be used with either a One-Handed Grab or a Two-Handed Grab. If used with a One-Handed grab, the damage dealt is cut in half. An object can be thrown at either a specific space or a specific target. Throw has four situations and outcomes.

Area Throw — With a successful throw at an area, the object takes damage equal to a hit by CrushMan's standard attack. If the object was an enemy, the jarring impact inflicts the 'Stunned' status. The target is also affected by the panel it lands on as if it had been standing there for the turn. If 'Throw' was used in conjunction with the signature move 'Strength Reserve', the target is dealt an additional 30 damage and 'Stunned' for an additional turn. The attack is closer to a spike in volleyball than a throw as the target is thrown at a downward angle.

Far Throw — Similar to Area Throw, Far Throw has comparable effects but can only be used if the signature move 'Strength Reserve' is active. An object affected by the Far Throw move takes damage equal to the damage done by one of CrushMan's charged attacks. The target is also stunned for one turn due to the jarring impact. What's more, the target is effectively removed from the battle for one turn.

Target Throw — With a successful throw at a target, both the object and the target take damage equal to a hit by CrushMan's standard attack. They are also 'Stunned' for the turn. If Target Throw is used in conjunction with the signature move 'Strength Reserve' and the thrown object was an enemy, both targets take additional damage equal to one-half the thrown target's weakest attack. If Target Throw is used in conjunction with the signature move 'Strength Reserve' and the thrown object was simply an object, both object and target take additional damage equal to CrushMan's charged attack.

Failure — CrushMan fails to throw the object. Either the object escapes his grasp before he can throw it, the object is connected to the floor and too well connected to uproot, or the object is too heavy. The turn is wasted and the held object is freed.

CrushMan does choose which type of throw to use with the exception of Failure, the default result of a failed Throw. No damage dealing actions can be issued after the Throw command is used, regardless of which form it is used in. CrushMan is restricted to healing, defense and dodge actions for the turn Throw was used or another Grab can be attempted. CrushMan does not take damage from holding Viral matter the turn Throw is used. Thrown objects are, of course, no longer affected by any of the Hold or Grab effects.

Hold — At the use of at least one turn's actions, CrushMan tries to keep his hold of the object and to reinforce it. CrushMan takes damage for the turn due to Virus exposure in this instance if holding a virus. Hold expands into five options.

Reinforce — If using a One-Handed Grab, CrushMan can switch to a Two-Handed Grab for the use of one turn's actions. If the target is capable of escaping Crush's grasp it is unable to do so while his Hold is being Reinforced.

Offensive Hold — If using a Two-Handed Grab, CrushMan can switch to a One-Handed Grab for the use of one turn's actions. If the target is capable of escaping CrushMan's grasp it is possible to do so while switching to an Offensive Hold.

Restricting Hold — Only usable from the Two-Handed Grab state, CrushMan can devote any number of turns to restricting a target. This prevents them from acting in a fashion similar to being Stunned. The target is also held in a position in front of CrushMan, forcing them to act as a sort of shield. Attacks directed at CrushMan have a chance of hitting the held object rather than CrushMan himself. Allies have an improved chance of hitting the held target, but also the possibility of hitting CrushMan also exists.

Grapple — A more offensive form of the Restricting Hold, CrushMan forces the held target to the ground and fights in the most brutal and close fashion possible. This can be initiated from either a One-Handed or Two-Handed Grab. CrushMan devotes all of his actions remaining for that turn to the use of the Grapple ability. The held target is restricted to two actions during this period, either attempt to escape the Hold or to fight back. If the target fights back, it is limited to it's standard attack in the case of a Navi or it's weakest attack divided by two in the case of a virus. CrushMan himself is limited to standard attacks in this case. No chips can be used while Grappling by either side. If the 'Mighty Strength' signature move is activated before the Grapple is initiated, CrushMan deals damage equal to his charge attack rather than his stand attack for the turn.

Failure — CrushMan fails to keep his hold. The enemy escapes. It is possible to fail after succeeding for several turns of the Restricting Hold or Grapple Hold. If CrushMan failed at the beginning of a Hold action, CrushMan does not take damage from exposure to Viral Data. If he failed during a Grapple or Restricting Hold action, he takes virus exposure damage as normal for a Hold action.

CrushMan does choose which type of Hold to use with the exception of Failure, the default result for any failed Hold action. From a Reinforced Hold, CrushMan is limited to only defense, recover and dodge actions and cannot use actions that deal combat with the exception of a 'Throw'. From an Offensive Hold, CrushMan is capable of using any of the actions at his disposal. If a Restricting Hold is halted before the use of all of his actions, CrushMan may use defensive or recovery actions, but no dodge or combat actions.

Crush — CrushMan tries to go through and act on his namesake, crushing the enemy by whatever means possible. Crush actions are only usable against enemies save for the Break Smash, an attack specifically for immobile targets and objects. Each Crush action is different in its allowance of a Two-Hand or One-Hand grasp and the amount of actions required to use the move.

Pin Press — For the use of two actions, CrushMan slams the enemy to the ground and traps them there with one of his spiked feet. He constantly presses down to hold them in place, as well as to grind them to nothing. The Pinned target can still attack CrushMan, but it is also unable to dodge. Likewise, CrushMan cannot dodge unless he releases his target. If the Pinned target is a virus, Crush takes damage as normal for virus contact, equal to one-half that virus' weakest attack. While the enemy is Pinned, Crush can make all of the actions he is normally entitled to with the exception of dodge. This includes the Grab action and all of the other actions in the other Mighty Strength series. CrushMan cannot Pin Press two targets, as one foot is required for him to keep his balance steady. A Pinned target takes damage equal to CrushMan's standard attack each turn. CrushMan must devote one action per turn to holding the Pin Press. CrushMan is capable of devoting an additional turn in order to deal damage equal to a charged attack rather than a standard one. If 'Strength Reserve' is used in conjunction with this maneuver, the damage of the charged attack doubles and the target is unable to act for the next turn, suffering from a condition much like 'Stun'. All damage done through Pin Press has the 'Break' effect. CrushMan can release a Pin Press at any time without using an action. The Pin can also be released if CrushMan is somehow knocked away from the target. Otherwise, the only action available to the pinned target is to attack or use similar actions. Pin Press can be activated from either a Two-Hand or One-Hand grasp.

Break Smash — For the use of three actions, CrushMan deals a terrible blow to an immobile target. This is the only expansion of the Mighty Strength series that can be used without first using 'Grab'. To even use Break Smash, CrushMan must release his grasp of any target. Against small targets, Crush slams both of his fists against each side of the target simultaneously. Against large targets, he instead thrusts both arms forward for a double straight punch. The attack deals damage equal to 1.5 times his charged attack and has the Break effect. Coupling the signature move Strength Reserve with Break smash doubles that amount, resulting in three times normal charged attack damage against a stationary target. When used against objects, such as Rock Cubes, the damage done by Break Smash is doubled again.

Shatter Grip -

Pros — An alternative and augment to the standard buster system, Mighty Strength is incredibly versatile. Lots of effects enable CrushMan to adapt to various situations. The 'Crush' option deals impressive damage that constantly grows as CrushMan is upgraded. The 'Hold' option is very useful for team combat for disabling large threats. And what's not to love about being able to spike a Met into the ground?

Cons — Despite its many pros, Mighty Strength is above all slow and risky. The Grab command and the options beyond it are all fairly time consuming and if a single one of the options fails it results in the loss of at least one turn and possibly many more. A failed Crush command results in a complete waste of four turns, one for grab, three for Crush. With increased speed upgrades, that could go even higher when paired with Hold with a possible seven turns thrown out the window due to an action failure. Despite being very versatile, the system is also fairly weak. While the Crush option is powerful, most of the effects listed here can be easily replaced by standard attacks and do as much damage with less risk. The Grab command also damages Crush when used against Virii, making it a dangerous option to use. All of the options are also limiting, disabling CrushMan's ability to attack or to attack well beyond the Grab, Crush, Hold and Throw commands.

(I eagerly await your replies. Or dread your admonishments. Something between there. Yeah, my biggest worry is that this is just a 1.5 signature move and it's got a lot of effects. It seems less like one signature move and more like two. Or three. I threw in a lot of counterbalances though. I'm particularly happy with the damage due to exposure rule.

Another problem lies in its variability and all of the rules. This thing just looks like a moderator's nightmare. I guess I could explain each attack as I did it, that shouldn't be too difficult, but I imagine that there'd be some mods who would want to check the Sig itself. That's a lot to read for just modding a single battle.

Then there's the attacks. 3 throws, 3 crushes and 1 hold that deals damage. That's 7 distinct attacks for the price of one sig. I have a distinct feeling that that won't fly. Paired up with the defensive maneuver in Hold, it seems unlikely that this will meet unconditional approval. Some of these items just yell 'Hax' in my face. Maybe if I assigned some real numbers instead of basing so much of it off the buster system it would come off as better. I can't remember the buster system off of the top of my head, but a charge shot is (AttackxRapid+4)xCharge, right? So assuming each thing is at 5 when applied to the Break Smash attack when coupled with the Strength Reserve Signature Move against a stationary object, that's... 870 damage, I think. Yeah. Granted, it's against an object and not a virus, but that's still crazy. Against a stationary virus, it'd still be half that, 435. For three actions and the use of a signature move, that seems pretty bad for a 1.5 attack, even though I have a while to go before I have 5 in all system ranks. At least there aren't that many stationary virii. Hmm... Right, I guess I'll leave all that to you guys since you're the judges.

This might be better suited as a higher level signature attack or possibly as several signature attacks. Oooh, or I could cut out some actions and reintroduce them as his damage cap rises! Yeah, definitely some ways to nerf this, but if it's fine as is I'll gladly take it. Thanks for the review!

... Jeez, even the ending was long...)

Well now..... ._. I'm speechless about the length.... So about the Sig: I love its versatility (Wish I had that kind of sig!) But it seems like a Multisig, which is never really approved, tis sad. This would make me Stalk Charles even if hes snobby!
First of all, I have no idea where you are getting those numbers for buster power, but they are insane. RapidxAttackx2 is rapid attack ChargexAttackx8 is charge attack. You were thinking of something vastly better. Second of all, I am relatively certain that the Attack+1 won't fly anymore. Recent discussions I have been in and witnessed expressed extreme distaste for the potential buster power levels achieved by such things, even if they were unlikekly.

First, I will focus on the grab ability

Grab — At the use of one action, CrushMan attempts to grab a hold of a nearby object. No combat actions can be used for the turn after the grab action is attempted, limiting Crush to dodge actions and actions that do not deal damage to an enemy for the rest of that turn. First I will focus on grab.

You have 3 levels of Accuracy, that is fine. Perhaps a bit too much effort on the mod, but I think this is fine. It really is just a built in failure rate.

Throw: I think this is best defined by what it does when thrown against a single target. This is inflicting 2 stuns then (a 40 damage equivalent) and you hit 2 targets. I will ignore the two targets part because you use two actions, but there are still the additional stuns. The passive ability should be equivalent to 20, maybe 30 damage a round and I am not even including flexability yet.

Hold: You are autohit, and the abilities are in general not that amazing, something you could RP with a flexable Mod. Not too broken and a double edged sword. Seems a reasonable thing as a passive option, but is still another option.

Crush: Seems really like another form of hold, really isnt that amazing but adds more versitility. You also have an immobile enemy killer in there which is just handy.

Summary: Throw is stupidly good, you could probobly just get away with having the hold or crush abilities. You intended to balance this by a poor success rate, but that isn't reasonable. If a mod really wanted to be mean they could screw you over, but conservative pay would always yield overly good results. I am aware that busters are generally fairly weak, but the stun ability is extremely handy and there is a certain ingrained flexability that is nice. Throw alone *might* be passable if you could never use your normal buster again.
I'm restarting, and need help with the signature attack for my new navi, Kitsune. I would like one of these things to be used for his beginning signature attack (in order from most wanted to least wanted):
-Illlusion
-Transformation
-Clever tricks/ruses/pranks/etc
-Flight
I would like this to also incorperate a bit of strategy, since I want to start off having a sig that isn't straight damage, but can actually be fun/interesting to use.

The bio for my navi:

Name: Kitsune
Element: Fire
Type: Wind
Appearance: An oversized, golden-red fox with three tails. He has the Japenese symbol for wisdom on his forehead. His eyes glow a bright blue, and give a sense of infinite knowledge.
Personality: Though extremely intelligent, he is also extremely childish and mischevious. While seeking knowledge, he also tries to trick evil navis. Sometimes, he refuses to listen to Tom's instructions, and loves to run free.
Custom Weapon: Claws and teeth

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for wasting your time with ScytheMan's SigAttacks.
Looking for level 2 and 1.5 sig attack ideas for Brawler. He's a break-type and a melee fighter so... I don't really know what to do. I know I don't want a pure damage sig though.
-blargh tennisman is back ignore this blargh-
Verdict: Crap against long-range specialists. Way extremely good against melee specialists.

I'm biased, and don't wish to see my navi's weapons crushed.

Suggestions:

"invincible for all intents and purposes"
I think not. Take damage if you're going to completely screw an opponent's offense.

Other idea..

Smash Counterblow

When Brawler is attacked by a melee attack, he can grab the offending object with his hand, taking 1/2 damage, and counterattack for 40 damage. Counterattack damage increases with each Process Upgrade. Two-turn cooldown.

Here's MY ideas.

2.0 Liquid Silver - Doubles Steelsky's moving and attacking speed, adds an extra action per turn, and adds 10 damage to his buster attack if used at close range with his custom weapons. Three turn cooldown, lasts two turns. Bonus increases to +2 actions and +20 damage at Process Upgrade 4.

3.0 Steel Crest - Steelsky uppercuts with his sword as if lifting a great weight; deals 70 damage to up to three targets and smashes the panels around them (rendering them immobile unless they can fly/float or have the Wind subtype).

Quote ()

Bonus increases to +2 actions

Quote (The rules)

Under no circumstances may Signature Attacks boost a Navi's free actions.

Yeah.
Oops.

Remove + actions, lasts three turns, cooldown 2.

So it reads:

2.0 Liquid Silver - Doubles Steelsky's moving and attacking speed (making him appear as a flowing, shining blur of blades, and boosting accuracy), and adds 10 damage to his close-range Custom Weapon normal attack. Increases to +20 damage at Process Upgrade 4. Three turn duration, two turn cooldown.

Also:

What is the 3.0 damage cap? >_>

If it's 80, Steel Crest is 60 damage, split between the targets. (20/30/60)

If it's 130, Steel Crest is 100 damage, split between the targets. (33 damage each/50 damage each/100 damage single)
So yeah, was thinking about trying to get a sig registered at some point. Anyone play Chrono Trigger or any other RPG where you deal high damage with low health and a special attack? Well, I figured since my character is going to specialize in high health and being an all around meaty shield, I figured I might benefit from having an attack like this.

Damage Formula = (Max Health - Current Health) / 2

So, with Crush's current stats, 190 health, say he was reduced to 10 health and used this attack? The damage would be - (190-10) / 2 = 90 Damage. Of course, there's a very high potential for damage with this, so I don't know if I could get away with it...

Also, I was thinking about a passive sig that improves Max HP. Going with the meat shield bit again, heh. Something like - Max HP is raised by 5 for each normal chip in the active chip folder. Since elemental chips are generally more useful, due to that handy double damage against opposing elements, I figured I'd try and get something going for having normal chips. With a folder consisting of nothing but normal chips, this turns into +100 HP. I could even raise it later as the cap increased... But I'm wondering if this would even be allowed in the first place.
Trick Ball
-Serves a ball that has a single effect on a single target of Tennisman's choice and 20 damage.

Effects include...
stun, blindness, confusion, break, element, knockback, decreased / increased accuracy, healing (40 hp), decreased / increased dodge, etc.

EDIT - Too hax, not enough theme... I'll think of something else.
Trick ball would work, but you would need to have a 2 turn cooldown. I believe that about makes up for the large number of effects. And the healing would need to be reduced to 15 or be removed.

The critical health sig for crush would *probobly* work if the cooldown was based on damage done. If has a fairly massive drawback. I would guess that it work work in a similar way to buster enhanced sigs for this reason.

HP increase has precident, but I am not sure if it being based on your folder chips would fly.
healing works out to 20 because you have to take the initial 20 damage first to heal for 40. The 20 damage stacks onto every effect but like I said, not enough theme. I don't want it to be like "it's got a ball so it's tennis-related"
Prince of Tennis has some cool ideas to start off with. :'D

Something to do with spin?

*spin!
>Tennisman's next attack changes in speed and velocity upon impact, ricocheting over the initial target and striking another!
>TOP: Increases in speed! +10 damage, shotgun effect!
>SIDE: Bounces, and hits another target for half damage! (3 in all)
>BACK: Delayed strike! Distracts opponent!

Iunno. I was just messing around with the theme with 5 minutes of spare time. XD