Bacterial, The Game

http://www.mediafire.com/?zsg3mxd2nig
This is version 1, or whatever.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gcdgs29ggdg
This one is identical to version 1, however, all bacterias now have a :3 face. (This version LAGS)

So! My new hit that has become so popular in the chat boards is now officialy posted! Use this topic to share secrets and screenshots.

I'll edit this post with the next version always!

Guide

This is a sandbox game. You evolve bacteria and show them off here or play or whatever.

Bacteria inherit the stats of their parents. Stats include:
Color, Size, Speed, Food-Capacity, Maximum-Age, Reproduction rate, Mutation rate

Due to this, evolution happens. If you keep killing everybody, then soon, those who are extra small, extra fast, and reproduce extra fast, will dominate.

You can also kill based on what you want. Say, kill everybody but those who are blue. In no time you will have a blue species up and about.

Controls are displayed in-game.

Bacteria die of age, and die of lack of food. Bacteria gain food if they aren't crammed in a spot (as in, they have free space around them). So, masses of bacteria will starve to death if they are too compact.

But if several bacteria is in one space, then the largest one gets food while all other starves. However, being larger (and faster) makes the bacteria use more food per second.

Mutation Rate is how fast a bacteria evolves. an species of bacteria with very low mutation rate will stay the same a long time. a species with a high mutation rate will rapidly change in all ways. high mutation rate is better against many enemy bacteria, while low mutation rate is better if the bacteria species is all alone. (my experience)

As the controls say, you can scan a bacteria by right clicking on it. This way, you get all the info you need about it.

Lastly, one food "grind" is about 5x5 pixels high.

Yeah, that's my rambling guide. I'll post more on request.
Here's a screenshot from some of my toying around in it:

You could sell it as a screensaver. :3
Drakim...
This is awesome.
And, I'm very tempted to make my species spell explicit words.
XD
kick ass, only rquesting was to make personal(aka, not random) viruses

Quote (Niax)

kick ass, only rquesting was to make personal(aka, not random) viruses

This is an evolution game. You guide the natural selection, and you get anything you like. : D

filling in numbers for stats would defeat the purpose of the game, I think.
Can't...

Stop...

PLAYING!

DX

Quote (Twi)

Can't...

Stop...

PLAYING!

DX

Why can nobody NOT have a thousand million bacteria? >>

I keep mine at about 100-300 of em. Making selecting the ones I like easier.
I try to make a cool background out of them, that's why I allow them to grow so much.

That, and it's interesting to watch.
oh please, we all know Drakim has a self-grown E-pet that takes up three massive servers, complete with it's own internet browser and backup power generator.

Drakim runs Fido 3.0
True, true.

But I mean, really. It goes from those four small groups...

To THIS!

Or... THIS!

It's cool.
Might I inquire as to how you decide who the parents are? Just who is closest, or are other factors like color, size, age, etc. taken into account?

Also, what are the max stats for size and mutation?

Lastly, suggestions:
Add in a counter for how many bacteria you have and have killed.
Add in some tools... like maybe something to feed a specific bacteria or something?
Lastly, a brush circle for the shift left click, so you know where you're erasing for sure.
Leon, there are no parents, bacterial reproduction is asexual XD

Quote (Leon)

Add in some tools... like maybe something to feed a specific bacteria or something?

I like this idea, kimmeh. :>
Hey, I'm just going by how he worded it in the first post. And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they? Or maybe I'm thinking something else. I haven't taken biology since my sophomore year of high school, and I can't say I was a fan then either.

Genetic mutation with Gamma rays option :D?

Quote (Leon)

Might I inquire as to how you decide who the parents are? Just who is closest, or are other factors like color, size, age, etc. taken into account?

Also, what are the max stats for size and mutation?

Lastly, suggestions:
Add in a counter for how many bacteria you have and have killed.
Lastly, a brush circle for the shift left click, so you know where you're erasing for sure.

Yeah, it's true. Asexual, no parents.

There is no max for size. But, there is a max for how fast they get food. So, at one point, they die due to hunger too fast to sustain any larger size.

at 30% mutation they die due to instability (and the fact that if I allowed over 30% mutation, that 30% would increase itself at light speed and crash your computer)

1. Bacteria kills counter is possible.
2. Nope, this game will have NO micromanagement tools except kill. I think it would ruin the point of the game, namely natural selection and evolution.
3. already added in my version.

also, I'm now working on a completely new DNA system, which will be vastly better. (although a little more CPU heavy, we might not be able to have 10 000 bacteria anymore D:, but I'll try to optimize the game some too)

Quote (Leon)

Hey, I'm just going by how he worded it in the first post. And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they? Or maybe I'm thinking something else. I haven't taken biology since my sophomore year of high school, and I can't say I was a fan then either.

Genetic mutation with Gamma rays option :D?

I might add a radioactive area on the map maybe. (which increase mutation)
Lulz. I made a bunch of little bastards. I still want my macro-bacterium.

Quote (Leon)

And anyways, strains of bacteria can inherit traits from other things, can't they?

I'm telling you thats a kickass thing Kimmie XD

Yes, certain bacteria can inherit some traits from each other, most notably, their immunity to antibiotics. However, that is not playing part in the game >>;;
Whoo! Success(ish)!