Magic: The Gathering thread

It's not Bad Moon? Hmm, I could havs sworn that's what it was called.

At any rate, it's a black enchantment that does that. I don't actually own the actual card, but my friend, who ran a monoblack deck, would use it in multiplayer after I cast Humility. Everyone else hated us...

EDIT: You're right, Medic. The card I'm thinking of is Night of Soul's Betrayal. Cost 2BB.
I'm a decent player. I played it last year when at summer camp- I only have a Sky Slam deck, though.

I did almost beat one of the veterans at camp, but I didn't make the winning move and lost the match afterwards.

HE EQUIPPED A STEEL WALL WITH WINGS AND CLAWS. Yes, he made a flying wall with 2 attack. WTF.
That's not WTF, its good sense.

Giving a wall flying gives it the ability to block fliers as well, which is powerful, as Flight it the most common form of evasion in the game. Giving it power gives it the ability to actually kill stuff that it blocks, which makes people think twice about attacking.

I once saw a cool combo that involved a strong wall, (like, 0/8) get a +1/+1, and could attack as though it wasn't a wall. The opponent was tapped out, and he played an ability that swapped power and toughness and swung for 9 for the win. The wall collapsed on him. XD
I know it was just sense, but it was still a flying wall.
There's actually a couple of walls printed with with flying, as well. My favorite being Illusionary Wall. How the hell can a Wall block if it isn't real?
Yes, but it was just a steel wall. That blocked virtually my ENTIRE deck.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

That's not WTF, its good sense.

Giving a wall flying gives it the ability to block fliers as well, which is powerful, as Flight it the most common form of evasion in the game. Giving it power gives it the ability to actually kill stuff that it blocks, which makes people think twice about attacking.

I once saw a cool combo that involved a strong wall, (like, 0/8) get a +1/+1, and could attack as though it wasn't a wall. The opponent was tapped out, and he played an ability that swapped power and toughness and swung for 9 for the win. The wall collapsed on him. XD

Wanna know whats even MORE WTF?

Evolution Charm in a Treefolk deck. FLYING TREES! AAAAAH!
I stopped playing several years ago, but due to circumstances beyond my control (I.E. new friends who actually play), I've once more begun playing around in the proverbial MTG sandbox.

Personal deck is a G/U combo deck using 0-to-cast creatures, Cloudstone Curio, and Glimpse of Nature to power a massive Brain Freeze, though for more casual games, I've become rather partial to elves.

And then, for fun, there's the Innuendo Deck. Nothing better than sending your "Reckless Wurm" "Through the Breach" and casting "Giant Growth" on it... unless it's "Jump"ing your "Restless Bones," comboing "Squeeze" and "The Rack," or tapping yourself out and still being able to "Gush."
Ooo, Kobolds and the like. I was playing around with some old artifact decktypes, (By old, I mean Urza's Saga, not Mirrodin) and I had some fun with that. Old school Phyrexian Colossus and Voltaic Key, boosted by Metalworkers and sped up with Tinkers... ahh, memories... My buddies like tribal stuff, they run Elves, Zombies, Mistforms, and, of course, the nefarious Slivers. I once tried to build a Goblin deck to get in on the action, but I never really got the hang of it.