ZOMG

Seriously the one day i can get on, and its beign weird.

can the higher powers explan if somethign weird is going on, or if its just my computer?
Just your computer. Try Firefox.
Wut.
USE FIREFOX FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
It'll fuck up my computer.

we just had fios installed.

i think thast it.
Ooooh FIOS. That's what I use. >>

And no, Firefox won't fuck up your computer. I use it all the time; it's much less buggy and exploitable than IE, actually.

-Twi
FIOS? That ultra-mega-fiber-optic-super-speed malarkey?

You guys roxor my boxors. :0
Lulz.

ULTIMATE SOLUTION:

Reinstall Java. It screws up sometimes when it tries to update.
....Hmm.

Anyone know how I would reinstall Java?
(Hopefully that question won't cause TOO many facepalms.)
*Facepalms twice*
*Bad pun*
Ditch Firefox. Get Lolifox. It is superior.

And has pre-made bookmarks to stuff like MegaTokyo and Japanese Image Boards I hadn't even heard of before.
Lolifox is just firefox with an anime theme >_>

So really, you're still just using firefox.

Anyways, yes. Try anything other than IE and reinstall java.

Go to Add/Remove programs, uninstall anything from Sun Microsystems that has to do with Java, then head to Java.com and install again from there.
See, here's the thing.

I don;t have my own computer. I share it with my parents, and various siblings. Despite beign the two most technologically retarded in the house, my parents made it so that they are the admins.

Which sucks
Because that means that I can't uninstall, install, or reinstall any program with out their consent.

And their consent means a detailed plan of why we need the program installed, what I am going to do with it, and how much space it will take up.

So I can't say that I am going to install soemthign so I can use the chat because they don't know what the chat is.

They don;t even know what this site is.

And I really want to keep it that way.

So from what I'm gathering, I am totally fucked and cant acess the chat anymore.

Shizer.
Well, then this isn't mainly a computer problem, but a parents problem. We can't help you with that.
Indeed.

Go to the black market and buy yourself some new, technologically savvy parents. Then tell them that java is fubared and you need to reinstall it.

Or just have said black market parents simply give you their login so you can do whats needed yourself.
1/ Install it all anyway
2/ Tell parents that, no, they don't know better, and prove it by asking them about multi-threading and recent technology
3/ ???
4/ PROFIT!

Quote (bluebasium911)

See, here's the thing.

I don;t have my own computer. I share it with my parents, and various siblings. Despite beign the two most technologically retarded in the house, my parents made it so that they are the admins.

Which sucks
Because that means that I can't uninstall, install, or reinstall any program with out their consent.

And their consent means a detailed plan of why we need the program installed, what I am going to do with it, and how much space it will take up.

So I can't say that I am going to install soemthign so I can use the chat because they don't know what the chat is.

They don;t even know what this site is.

And I really want to keep it that way.

So from what I'm gathering, I am totally fucked and cant acess the chat anymore.

Shizer.

http://enigmasand.com/xsand.html

Try any of those, if you can't, then you have a solid basis of why "you" decided this:

Tell your parents it is very important to have updated software, and that Java can mess up during updates. If this goes wrong then hackers can manipulate your Java code and do things with your computer, such as steal all of your personal data and install spyware and viruses. Java is made by professionals and is used in many different websites, and you need to un-install and re-install it so it works correctly. Doing so will help everyone in the house enjoy the internet. The procedure is simple, Uninstall your Java software, and re-install the software from the official sun micro systems site. As for size, it should be as big as it currently is (unless you havent updated for a while, and then slightly bigger). To avoid the question of "Why cant you NOT use Javin or whatever it's called?" You can say: "Its used so widely, it's pretty much an important system component now."

Now, that avoids the chat or the site, and places a VERY strong basis on your reason to re-install Java. The link above? Your ticket out of the question: "how'd you notice?".

:3