Project RERN: RPG

Well, I had found some of the old data on my HDD regarding the older RPG project and discussed random parts of restarting it over the chatroom. Well, I've decided and am working out plots and stuff for an episodic RPG starring everyone (well ... most people) that's on the boards. That said, this isn't a solo project, so some help would be greatly appreciated. Namely in sprites, artwork and tilesets. Perhaps even plot.

So, what do you need to do to get in? Simple. Provide a character for the main duo. Pretty much anything you want, post it here. You can supply the Navi, Operator or both, if you want. It doesn't matter if someone else has submitted one, either, because I'd probably start a poll on which is the most popular combination of Navi and Op. Once you've done that, just say which Navi and Op you want to represent you. Only one per member, though. But here's what I'll need. A gender, description, personality and a bit of backstory. Same with the Navi, but element, subtype and special attacks. This is the RPG Maker XP engine I'm using, so nothing too complex.

Also, just to get interest started, since the game is released episodically, expect those little midis to be replaced with full-blown MP3s. And, possibly, intros and outros for each episode.
Nal, just HOW are you going to do chips?

you'd have to script were it replenished your used up chips, but also make it were it doesn't give you extra after battle >_>

and use one items don't work...trust me....

AND DON't TRY TO USE TEH MMBN SCIPT: IT'S NOT GOOD I TRIED IT.

I can help I am good with XP!
I seriously think that people's ideas radiate to other people, hence: Brain"wave".

>.>

<.<

>.<

Fine. I'll help with sprites.

*grumble, stupid brainwaves, grumble, stolen ideas, grumble*

Quote (commondragon)

Nal, just HOW are you going to do chips?

you'd have to script were it replenished your used up chips, but also make it were it doesn't give you extra after battle >_>

No, it's gonna be different. Chips would just cost major DP (Data Points) to use. So long as you have one copy of the chip, every Navi in the party can use it.
Remember how there was that couple who were, like, flamenco dancers? I loved them so much.

They must feature in this. They must.

Quote (Kazuhiro)

Remember how there was that couple who were, like, flamenco dancers? I loved them so much.

They must feature in this. They must.

Got the profile? That's not in the data I've got, I'm afraid.
I think the main duo should be Lan and Rockman! That way our series would be like a prequel to MMBN....but that's just me...
I'm willing to do artwork and plot.

Yuh.

Not right now, though.
Fair enough. I've yet to put in all the system stuff, such as items, stats, etc.

And one other mention. Title logos, even if whipped up in Photoshop in five minutes, count as contributing something and will let you land your Navi(s) into the game.

[EDIT] The title being Rogue Network, that is. Nothing on a subtitle yet, but ... meh. I haven't thought of one.
Wait, wait, wait... if this is the REAL RE:RN game then why not use the bosses i've got lined up?
I'll take bosses, too, but remember. The system isn't the BN system. It's more like the older Final Fantasy games.

And on an unrelated note, anyone know a good pixel movement script? Grid-based is teh suck.
How about the battle system from Chrono Cross/Trigger?
>_>........if you could ever get something close to legend of mana battle system scripted in I will see you as a god.

and I will help, seriously! I can find you scripts I know just the places to go.

this is XP, but I can get you a side view battle system if you dun want to script your own >_>

and also WTF PPL? I came up with this long ago and you thought it was crap! Nal stole my idea ;_;

Quote (commondragon)

and I will help, seriously! I can find you scripts I know just the places to go.

Quote ()

And on an unrelated note, anyone know a good pixel movement script? Grid-based is teh suck.
Willing to do some SFX...I was partially working for some other MMBN game as SFX (But I have yet to get the Charge SFX...That one is a ***** to get...)
So, we're just contributing a MAIN duo right, not our own characters?
I'm not an image or drawing kind of guy, but I'm willing to give ideas of any kind.

What are you seeking, anyway? I'll write up what I remember about the pretty-boy and his girlfriend once I have the time.

EDIT: Waitaminit! Nal, if the old board's still around, you could fish out the old information from there.
I can contribute writing help, if needed... I also can draw a bit, but in more of the concepty art realm than actual game-quality art.
I will be willing to contribute as well if needed.

Quote (Goroke)

Willing to do some SFX...I was partially working for some other MMBN game as SFX (But I have yet to get the Charge SFX...That one is a ***** to get...)

If you could do that, I'd love you and want your babies...

Quote ()

I'm not an image or drawing kind of guy, but I'm willing to give ideas of any kind.

What are you seeking, anyway? I'll write up what I remember about the pretty-boy and his girlfriend once I have the time.

EDIT: Waitaminit! Nal, if the old board's still around, you could fish out the old information from there.

Thanks. I don't even have that as I, uuuh ... wiped the old boards entirely...

Quote ()

I can contribute writing help, if needed... I also can draw a bit, but in more of the concepty art realm than actual game-quality art.

Greatly appreciated. Again, all the plot I have is ... well, nothing.

And to everyone who's contributing, can you PM me which Navi you want in the game to represent you? You can use your RERN Navi if you want, or a completely new one. Your choice in the end. And characters get into the first episode on a first-come, first-served basis, with the exception of, say, spriters and artists. They come first above all.