Horror Movies?

anyone here like horror movies? I just started to get into them and i'm dying to see halloween. I heard its incredible
I really liked Halloween, yeah. XD I saw a couple of spinoffs...

Um...

There were a bunch of other series I liked to, but I think Halloween is the most fun to make jokes about while you're watching it.

You know what's a good creepy movie? I saw this movie called "Magic" a little while ago that was pretty interesting, largely because the puppet wasn't really supernaturally able to move or anything. It was all in the guy's head. I'd suggest seeing it if you had a chance...
i'm actually looking for something to succesfully scare the shit outta me. so for, i've seen nightmare on elm street, the alien movies, turistas (sucked), final destination 3, Saw 2, and Jason X. None scared me. any suggestions?
You may want to check out Sublime. It is the type of movie that will make you never want to go to the doctors again. It isn't a horror movie so much as it is a suspense film and it is very reminiscent of the Twilight Zone. Halloween is good, as are the Romero zombie movies...
I don't watch many horror movies; I stopped back when I was six, and I shit myself watching some generic screamer.

Well, I'll rattle off some names I know:

The Friday the 13th series, Fire Starter, Earthworm, and any Betty Boop cartoon.
I find the best scary movies to be ones that don't rely on scare tactics or violence, but rather disturbing situations and very creepy antagonists. An example of a good scary movie is Silence of the Lambs...it's old, and it has lost a little bit of its scariness, but it will stay in your head for a while.

Trust me, none of the new slasher films will scare you.
Yeah, most of the horror movies I watch are the kind where I can point and laugh when the villain does / is able to do something really nonsensical. XD

I want to see the one Zan mentioned if it's like the Twilight Zone... murr...

Quote (Strikeman)

I find the best scary movies to be ones that don't rely on scare tactics or violence, but rather disturbing situations and very creepy antagonists. An example of a good scary movie is Silence of the Lambs...it's old, and it has lost a little bit of its scariness, but it will stay in your head for a while.

Trust me, none of the new slasher films will scare you.

My mom said we have Silence of the Lambs around here somewhere on VHS.

Movies i wanna see:

Hostel
Saw
Saw 3
Silence of the Lambs
Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween H20
Nosferatu (lol)
Freddy Vs. Jason
All the Friday the 13th movies
The rest of the nightmare on elm street series (i have the first)
Predator 2
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the remake....the original looks horrendously bad)

The thing about modern horror movies is they don't go for scary horror, they go for bloody horror (saw, hostel)

Disturbia was actually pretty good tho. Some parts were scary, my girlfriend kept jumping out of her seat and this group of girls sitting a few rows in front of us kept screaming really loud whenever something popped outta nowhere.

Oh, btw, if you guys like horror, then try to find the game Exmortis. It's on newgrounds. Scary as shit.
How about The Shining? That was a pretty good one. The original one, not the one that the Sci-Fi channel likes to show. With Jack Nicholson. : D

I was definitely frightened during some parts of it when I watched it for the first time.

There are other movies that are great fun to laugh about as you watch them... :3

Quote (AimMan)

There are other movies that are great fun to laugh about as you watch them... :3

That's not why i like horror movies. I find them the most thrilling, but i want to be scarizzled by them too
The Shining was scary, but I laughed when Jack Nicholson bashed through the door and said, "Hereeee'sss Johnny!!"
Fun fact:
Saw 2 took 18 days to make.
That shows you how shitty some horror movies can be.
I was kind of dissapointed that they showed who Jigsaw was..he was much scarier in the first film because you didn't know who he was.
I actually didn't see the Saw movies.
I was just satisfied that Saw 3 was out for like a month before going to DVD.

I'm so anti-horror.

Quote (Strikeman)

The Shining was scary, but I laughed when Jack Nicholson bashed through the door and said, "Hereeee'sss Johnny!!"

Quote (Strikeman)

Isn't that the one that the "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," quote came from?

And the one with the Simpsons remake, with the "No TV or beer makes Homer go crazy,"?

Quote (Phoenix)

And the one with the Simpsons remake, with the "No TV or beer makes Homer go crazy,"?

Quote ()

Homer: No TV and no beer makes Homer something something...
Marge: Go crazy?
Homer: Don't mind if I do! *random splurge*

Fix'd
HAHAHAHA!!!! that's my favorite haloween episode of the simpsons! i even have a few of the collector DVD's, most of them are the specal editions, ie. they have the simpson's face on 'em.
Just watch an old (but not too old) horror movie. New ones suck, Very old ones suck.

Quote (commondragon)

Just watch an old (but not too old) horror movie. New ones suck, Very old ones suck.

Halloween? I ordered it from Amazon.com on sunday, i'm hoping it arrives before next weekend (so i can go to my gf's house and watch it with her :D)

I gave my mom the $20 for halloween, but she threw in the $10 for halloween 2 so we could get free shipping :lol: