Ready? Fight!

Ideally, you'll only ever need a Diplomacy check.
I use my uber persuasive skills to make the person see things my way. If that doesn't work, well then I rely on the things stated in my earlier post. Also, it is quite amazing how many people here are trained in the martial arts, at least somewhat, or have some sort of weapon training. Meh...I was so happy the day that I turned 21 and could go to the shooting range and use the handguns without parental supervision. Stupid gun laws.
Lessee...

Two and a half years backyard wrestling (My signature move was, what else, the Space Monkey Slam, a modified doublearmed reverse DDT)...
I own a Black Powder Rifle, A 20 Gauge Shotgun, a .22 Rifle, and a Air Rifle... (I've kills things with all but the Air Rifle.)
I also have a scimitar, and numerous tomahawks/axes(No training with the sword, but a little with the 'hawks)...
My dad is a butcher, so I know how to use knives/cleavers...
Hmm... I can bench 260...
(Since RS mentioned it) I played DDR for about three and a half years...

Let's see, my most recent feat of strength... I got pissed at school, and I punched a metal trash can. In half. With one punch.
And yet none of you can fly, silly Martial Artists. >: D
*goes Super Saiyan* *flies off*
Hmm... Let's see, I'm 6'3 and thin as a rail and no muscle mass to speak of. My rival (Yes, rival. Amusing, eh?) tells me I've got some muscle to me or else I couldn't tackle him like I do in Football, but that's about all I've got to work with. I'm a really slippery guy for some reason, real hard to keep me in a grab. Pins don't work that great either, but they're more effective. I do excercises when the notion strikes me, usually running or simple stuff while I'm at work and bored, and I've got no training whatsoever. I'm thinking about picking up a class soon, but it's a maybe at best.

I guess you could say I'm self trained, but that's hardly it. It's more a thing of imitation. Played videogames and watched kung-fu movies so I guess some of it's rubbed off. Not a lot mind you, mostly stuff I've seen and wanted to imitate. Since I was a kid, I've been trying to do flying kicks, heh. I'm pretty happy with the fact that if I've got a solid surface at waist height, I can push off, do a kick with both legs to a target at chest height, then land without falling. Again, it's not much, I don't think at anyrate, but I'm working on it.

You could say I've got some weapons training, but I certainly wouldn't consider it. You see, Tom hit the lowest of the low in geekery. For a while, one of Tom's friends convinced him to LARP. Yes, Live Action Role Play. I never went to an actual event, nothing I had to pay for, just doing stuff my friend showed me, pipe-foam weapons, the stats, etc. Then a group of my friends thought it was such a cool idea, they decided to make their own. Thing is, they wanted wooden weapons. At any rate, we generally learned some fun things we could do, stuff that worked, things that didn't, hardly anything you could apply to reality as wooden weapons weigh a heck of a lot less than metal ones. My bragging rights there was that I was constantly commisioned to NPC, so I was generally fighting 2-4 people at a time. I could go quite a while without getting touched while landing hits the entire time, so needless to say I was rather proud of myself, heh.

That's really it. I'd hardly consider myself a fighter because of any of it. And the fact is, I only fight for fun. If anyone really wants to fight me, I'll deny them it. No, not run away, I'll deny them the satisfaction of a fight. My ideals have long been that those who cannot solve their problems through anything short of violence are fools. And I tell them that. To try and solve small, simple issues with violence shows only that you lack the intelligence to figure out a lasting answer. Acts of aggression are what I expect out of animals, and while human beings might very well be animals, I refuse to revert into a babbling ape simply because someone has a problem they can't fix with their brain. And if they strike me while I speak, or after I speak, I damn well shove in their face that they just proved my point. That they're nothing short of a monkey in their approach to problems.
While working with the garden today I have realized, that for whatever reason I'm in possession of a scythe. Now I'm totally copying Zasalamel's kata.
Whenever I get a scythe in my hands, I throw on my skeleton gloves, get my black hooded cloak with the black face shroud on, and then go scare the living piss out of some random person on the street.
Well, I'm 5' 9", know how to use most handguns. Plus I have some ninja-like reflexes. Must get handgun license...
Spear + me = level 1 fighter somehow.

I have some mean kicks though

Not to mention I have some smart tactics. But I'm a chicken, and chickens are always afraid to fight....chickens
8 years of Time Crisis and a lifelong experience in amateur wrestling.

And spinning a garden pole. And home-made movies. And a love of Kirby.

Yarr.