E3 '09

Left 4 Dead 2. Metroid: Other M. This years E3 looks pretty freaking kick ass. Personally, I'm excited for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I loved the first one, but was disappointed when there was no co-op, as promised. Now, with four player co-op, and Yoshi, this looks to be a must-buy. My only gripe is that they used Toads instead of Wario and Waluigi. That would have made more sense to me.
If it isn't Mario RPG 2, I don't care.
While Metroid: Other M looks great, my only worry is that they're going to try too hard to do a mix of 1st and 3rd person that both will end up lacking. On the Mario front, I think I've had enough Mario to last me a lifetime, and I'm fourteen. The only Mario game I'll ever buy willingly as of now is Paper Mario 3, if they release it. And when I say Paper Mario 3, I don't mean Super Paper Mario. I mean one of the great RPG style games.

I'd also like to take this moment to say they'd better have an announcement for a new Wii Zelda ready for E3 '10, and it better be good.

Quote (Corrupted Child)

I'd also like to take this moment to say they'd better have an announcement for a new Wii Zelda ready for E3 '10, and it better be good.

Yes.
You guys missed Assassin's Creed 2...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkCPNECud8
Not to mention Golden Sun DS. *fangasm*

And goddammit, FFXIII isn't even OUT yet and Sony's announced FFXIV, a new MMORPG. What the fuck, FFXI was bad enough. You can make FF MMOs, I don't care, just don't put them into the main numbering for the love of all that is good, and decent.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

And goddammit, FFXIII isn't even OUT yet and Sony's announced FFXIV, a new MMORPG. What the fuck, FFXI was bad enough. You can make FF MMOs, I don't care, just don't put them into the main numbering for the love of all that is good, and decent.

I just watched the trailer for FFXIV. Then I looked and saw a FFXIII trailer and went "why is that there too?" Then I finished watching the XIV trailer and said "hold on, come together? Sounds a like a new MMO..."

Then I saw the "online".

Oh.
FFXI was the biggest disappointment i've ever played. Though, i'd like to give XIV a chance to fend for itself.

If The Last Guardian is PS3 exclusive, i'll be getting one.
Well, I won't bother. And really, what bothers me is not that they exist, since the idea is actually pretty smart, it's that they are part of the main numbered line. That's something that I feel was a cheat to fans, and now they're doing it again.