BioShock

This is such an awesome game.
I was just wondering if anyone else had it...
If so, I'm only just into Neptune's Bounty, and I'd like some tips. =D

Here's the funniest part I've run into yet.
Dr. Steinman
What's that...an intruder?And he's...UGLY! UGLY UGLY UGLLLLLY!!!
Guess no one else does...D:
I've got it, but c'mon. The game isn't hard. It's hard to stay alive on hard mode, but you can't be permanantly killed, you always just zoom back to the vita-chamber. Interesting storyline and setting, yes, but it wasn't challenging enough a game to hold my attention till the end.
Agreeing with Tom, here, but my worst problem was that it felt like System Shock 2. No, it was System Shock 2. Quoth the mighty Yahtzee, 'everything that was sci-fi then is steampunk now'. Sure, it had its awesome moments, but I really couldn't help but expect Shodan to make an appearance near the end...
D':
Well crap.
It's hard for me.
XD
Now, what's fun is taking on a Big Daddie with your crowbar.

: D
Your crowbar? You can get a crowbar? But what about your wrench? : D

I mean, sure it's not so difficult, but it's so much fun that I can have fun just watching Heat play it. It's like playing a horror movie.

You know what's not fun? Growlanser: Heritage of War. I'll get started on why later. The silly holo-foil cards it comes with do nothing to ease the pain. :'D

Quote (AimMan)

Your crowbar? You can get a crowbar? But what about your wrench? : D

I mean, sure it's not so difficult, but it's so much fun that I can have fun just watching Heat play it. It's like playing a horror movie.

You know what's not fun? Growlanser: Heritage of War. I'll get started on why later. The silly holo-foil cards it comes with do nothing to ease the pain. :'D

Well, to edit your post, Lego went Half-Life on us.
BIOSHOCK =/= HALF-LIFE, LEGO
Yeah, Aim, it's awesome because of 'would you kindly' mind control.
"Would you kindly pick up a wrench or something?"
Hiko! Don't post spoilers, dammit! Luckily, I have completed it, but that's a MAJOR plot-point in the game!

But, speaking of Half-Life, it is referenced by Atlas right at the beginning with his "Would you kindly pick up a crowbar or summat" line...

Quote (Nalerenn)

Hiko! Don't post spoilers, dammit! Luckily, I have completed it, but that's a MAJOR plot-point in the game!

But, speaking of Half-Life, it is referenced by Atlas right at the beginning with his "Would you kindly pick up a crowbar or summat" line...

HE SAID WRENCH.
And wasn't it obvious anyways... =_=
Atlas doesn't seem one to say 'would you kindly'.
>_>
No, it seems like a case of severe 'sarcasm' in most places.

So, would you KINDLY get this thing to the spam can as opposed to here?
Badpunisbadbutwhatever=D

Quote (Hiko)

HE SAID WRENCH.
>_>

No, Hiko, it wasn't obvious...

Now, would you kindly watch this video from 7:23 onwards and tell me what he says.

Quote (Nalerenn)

Quote (Hiko)

HE SAID WRENCH.
>_>

No, Hiko, it wasn't obvious...

Now, would you kindly watch this video from 7:23 onwards and tell me what he says.

HAH
I STILL WIN
EVEN THOUGH I WAS WRONG
[/jackassery]
He says FIND a crowbar or something.
-nods convincingly-

Quote (Nal)

"Would you kindly go and get stepped on by a Big Daddy?"

: D

In any case, I've been enjoying the game a lot. Unfortunately, my game's stopping and starting and freezing now that I've finally gotten to the end where you become the really cool thing and go to fight the really cool guy, so... I'll probably have to wait and finish it in a few weeks when I get back.

Personally, I find fighting the Splicers a lot more fun than Big Daddies. Any favorite quotes?"

"He's got a gun!"
"I'm the doctor around here!"
"Oh, darling, get the bandages! I need them, I'm bleeding!"
"We tried to hide from the light down here... we were wrong!"
"You think I'm a moron? Go ahead, buddy, keep thinking that..."
"Stop it with all the groaning!"
"You think you can get away with this?"
"I observe His commandments... I hear His word... I observe His commandments!"
"You can't hide from me, I know your kind!"
"Even if your run, we'll find you!"

Little sister quotes too. :3

"Scabby on my knee... scabby on my knee! Scabby on my knee!"
"Three too many three too many three too many!"

I guess the reason I'm so obsessed with the game's quotes... like Tom said, in Normal at least I don't find it that scary. Even after getting gutted in my attempts to use my last remaining ammo on that Elite Bouncer, all I do is wake up safe and sound in a Vita-Chamber. Normally, if I die I did something so stupid anyway that I didn't have time to waste vital ammo before doing it. The creepiest thing in the game, and what makes it amazing and successfully scares the willies out of me is the presentation aspects. All those creepy designs, the old 60s (?) music and such, that's what really makes the game enjoyable for me.
My favorite quotes:

Nurse Leadhead Splicer: "You're stealing from me! I know it!"
Little Sister: "Wake up, Mr. B..."
Atlas: <insert sob speech about fake family here>
Dr. Steinman: "What can we do with this one, Aphrodite? She won't-stay-still! I'm just trying to make them beatiful...but they always turn out WRONG! This one! Too fat! This one! Too tall! This one...too symmetrical... what's that? An intruder! And he's...UGLY!
UGLY!
UGLYYYYYYY!" -machine gun fire- "Look at you...HIDEOUS!"
Audiobook: "Aaand done."
"The nose looks amazing, Dr. Steinman..."
"Looking at it now...I didn't realize how much the face sags...Scalpel."
"Excuse me?"
"Scalpel."
"Dr...Steinman...she wasn't scheduled for a facelift...Doctor! DOCTOR! STOP...CUTTING!"
-whistling-
"STOP CUTTING! GET ME THE CHIEF OF SURGERY!!"

Best. Scene. Evar.
That reminds me, one of my absolute favorite parts about the game are the little tapes left around everywhere. It's definitely one of the best ways of telling the story of the game I've seen... rather than using cinematic flashbacks or forcing you to read it all, you can listen and gather characters and story without feeling like you're being torn from the body of the character you're playing.

"A man chooses... a slave... obeys!"

Er, in any case... Let's try and watch for spoilers as best we can, all right? :'D Somehow I haven't had the ending spoiled for me yet. In that particular matter, if you understood what I was talking about with the "cool things" in my previous post, anything after that is still fog to me. Please don't give it away before I get the chance to finish it, even though it's been out a while.
ATLUS KILLS SNAPE!
So, Atlas' family is fake, eh? Great. Okay. Whatever. I should expect spoilers in a game thread.

I'm probably going to try running through the game, I'm sick as a dog and as best as I can do is just lay back and type/mash a controller. So it might be worth a shot to give the game another chance.

I just can't help but feel that I'm getting cheated of a challenge with it. I like hard games. So when I go into this epic fight against a Bouncerm and it's coming down to the very last shot, and I die? I'm pissed. But I'm not pissed that I died. I'm pissed that I can go back and shoot that Bouncer once and finish him off. Wow. Way to kill the purpose of having a challenging enemy. I mean, where my save currently is, I can kill an Elite Bouncer with nothing but my Wrench. Oh sure, I die. I die plenty. But the fact I can do it infuriates me.

The game is a lot of fun though, at least in the start. The first real stage was wonderfully done, really it was. But after that, the stages get really linear. There's less content to explore, and by explore, I mean taking paths that aren't part of the path you're required to go down. I feel like there's a really rich and interesting environment around me, and I can only explore the parts that they've got lined out for me. I didn't have this issue with the hospital stage or the theater stage, but damn it if I don't get pissy with any of the others.

But hey, whatever. I'll try picking it up again. I'm outside Andrew Ryan's chambers, I think at anyrate, so I'll see if this sucker can pique my interests again.
"Outside of Andrew Ryan's chambers" is a really loose term. Do you mean outside his office, outside outside his office, outside the door to his office, or literally looking at his door? The number of stages still ahead depends on the answer. XD It's nothing, I just thought it was funny how long it takes to actually reach him after you first start seeing the signs that say "The Office of Andrew Ryan."

Concerning the issue on difficulty with the bouncers, what I've opted to do is never use my wrench. I understand you can get reliant on respawning and the game loses difficulty, so my solution is to simply never fight them unless I have the equipment to reasonably get the job done. Am I therefore fooling myself into thinking the game is hard...? XD Maybe. But my goal is to die as few times as possible.

One thing that I think helps the sense of a linear pathway that you have to follow is that you're in an underwater city connected by pipes, rather than a city on a wide continent. It actually ISN'T a whole wide world, you really are kind of forced to go in what doors are available.