Where can I find RPG Maker

Like the post says, I'm looking for a Windows 98-compatible RPG Maker. Does anyone know where to get it?
Ask Miek.
-points-
He gave me one. : D
YOU DON'T!!! YOU DOWNLOAD TOOLKIT!

toolkitzone.com

It's phenominal.
Phenomenal?
Phenomenal.

:3
Doo doooo, do do do?
RPG Toolkit... thanks. Now, I am thinking about making a Ben 10 RPG. How would I get the sprites, and would it allow transformations? Or would I have to think of a storyline where
A) The Omnitrix goes Persona 3
B) The aliens leave the Omnitrix, and they fight together?

Quote (Shuryou)

Here's a link.

Gee. Thanks.

Seriously. I tried that and came up with nothing. And that doesn't answer the second question. Meh. I'll figure it out.
-ahem-
Keyword:
RPG Maker Megaupload
Well Zy, sprites are something you'll have to either make yourself or get help with. As for what you can do in Toolkit:

It's harder than RPGMaker in that youactually have to type programs out. But they basically took a mainstream programming language, condensed it, added a lot of featues specifically geared towards gaming, etc. Its fairly simple once you get some practice. If your interested in learning the language (called RPGCode), I can help. If you know another programming language, it will be a lot easier, but this was designed so anyone can use it. Or, it comes with a default battle system and stuff. There's really no maximum to creativity, and the minimum requires no effort. Plus, it has an active community, filled with great designers and helpful (albiet occasionally oversarcastic) critiques/advice.

A warning though, don't come in and say, "I'M MAKING A FANGAME AND HAVE A GREAT STORY, BUT DON'T KNOW/WON'T TRY TO LEARN ANY CODING, GRAPHICS OR MUSIC!!!!!!!11111" We hate people like that XD.

Quote (Sharmandra)

A warning though, don't come in and say, "I'M MAKING A FANGAME AND HAVE A GREAT STORY, BUT DON'T KNOW/WON'T TRY TO LEARN ANY CODING, GRAPHICS OR MUSIC!!!!!!!11111" We hate people like that XD.

Then you hate me.

Im the shittyest artist in the world, I just rip music esleware, and when I tried to learn coding I got confused adn depressed at the SAME TIME O.o.

Actually, Im more like: "I have a great Idea for a game, but I cant do shit besides tell people what to do."
Well its more that these people will expect others to do all the stuff for them and contribute nothing besides a story, which is dumb because almost everyone can make a story. And saying that you don't even wanna try to learn.

As long as the ripped graphics look good together, "we" are ok with it, but we still praise custom by a lot more.

So yeah, we hate you XD.
I wasn't asking for everyone to make it for me. I just needed sprites, and to know whether or not it would be possible for the RPG Toolkit to work the way I wanted it to. Anyways, I changed my mind about a Ben 10 RPG, and am making an original one.

Quote (Sharmandra)

Well its more that these people will expect others to do all the stuff for them and contribute nothing besides a story, which is dumb because almost everyone can make a story. And saying that you don't even wanna try to learn.

Some of us try to learn, and we

JUST

CAN't

DO IT!!
the only place i can even think of getting ben ten images are that new wrist game and mabey if you can rip apart a flash game on the companies website...
Well, you tell them that.

Again, ZY, if you want help programming/graphicing on Toolkit, I'm your man.
I really really really recommend you learn something. You don't need to be a wonder child that can program, draw the sprites and make the music all alone. But, you do need to be able to do something.

Story making doesn't count, sorry. >>

Stories are usually made towards the end of the game, when the game is playable enough. I've never really heard about a game that started with a story and grew to a real game. All games start with the actual game, and THEN a story is applied. (ofcourse, you can have some general ideas of what the story and world is going to be like, but not completely pre-made.)

If you do have a story in advance, you will experience that you have to cut away things when you can't make them work in the game (like fusions or whaterever) which is really a game killer when the entire game is based on the story.
Of course, sometimes a game can be made with a story in mind beforehand. Moreover, that game can be totally frickin' amazing. Case in point:

The Longing Ribbon by Sejuay.

A horror-based game that plays like a novel and doesn't involve shooting zombies. Those two aspects alone should qualify him for the Nobel prize.

Of course, my game is going a little like the first scenario Kim described. So far the only bit Lego and I have worked out is that there's some sort of rival akin to Kefka, Gary, and Pokey in their respective games. ;^^

Anyway, I could possibly make music at some later date. I have a program that could do the trick. It's just not buff enough to handle a rock concerto.

Quote (Drakim)

I really really really recommend you learn something. You don't need to be a wonder child that can program, draw the sprites and make the music all alone. But, you do need to be able to do something.

Story making doesn't count, sorry. >>

Stories are usually made towards the end of the game, when the game is playable enough. I've never really heard about a game that started with a story and grew to a real game. All games start with the actual game, and THEN a story is applied. (ofcourse, you can have some general ideas of what the story and world is going to be like, but not completely pre-made.)

If you do have a story in advance, you will experience that you have to cut away things when you can't make them work in the game (like fusions or whaterever) which is really a game killer when the entire game is based on the story.

Again, I have tried, and I have failed. And don't give me the lecture of "practice. practice, practice" (unless your doing it to be a general ass, of course), because I still did, and it still came out a bad thing.

I can use scripts to my advantage to make them somewhat of a better tool, but even then I still need the basic resources (The sprites, music, and the base scripts).

Also, I always thought the story is what you made AS you made the game. If you make it AFTER everything else it kind of stretches out the time you take, because you suddenly realize that you had made an entire section of the game that didn't even belong. These are RPGs Drakim, that means that the story has to be applied as you create the game itself, so everything detail fits into place.