R4 DS

there was one episode with two other rocket members, which they said this was the (correct) motto:

to submerge the world in devistation,
to disband all peoples in our nation,
to reaveal the evils of truth and love,
to extend our reach to the stars and beyond,
butch,
cassidy,
team rocket orbits the earth all day and night,
surrender now and prepare to lose the fight,
RATICATE!
That's one of the only episodes I remember. When James first got his Victreebil, if I surmise correctly.

So wait, is Pokemon FTW?
No, Pokemon has and will always be FTL
Fair enough.

So what's an R4?
A Nintendo DS Flash Cart which allows you to play 'homebrew' games on it. And the other stuff naturally, but I won't name that because that'd be pirating.
However, there are more devices than the R4. I guess the R4 is more aimed at easy use and pirated games. There are other cards which can run more heavy homebrew better (such as Linux), or has more..uhm..."other" pirate stuff than the DS.

Not that any of us here do that, right? ^^;
/orly

So.... you can put your own games on the card and play them on the DS?
Yes. But don't expect to be able to use a program like RPG maker. Making homebrew is pretty advanced programming.
You assume correct. RPGMaker is fairly primitive compared to the DS.

This may be exactly what i'm looking for.

*SMASH*
My assumption? assumpting what? oO

It's no assumption. I know it, as I'm currently making homebrew.

Exactly what you are looking for? Talking about homebrew programming or the R4?

And the Pokemon thing scared me. D:
World of Warcraft: Rise of the Lichtung!
You dare bring Pokemon to my lair? You must die!!

Quote (legoroy2)

THEN YOU SHALL DIE, FEWL!

srs, RPG maker pwnz ur face inside out
My statement still stands. The DS has more graphical power than the 64. The 64 is better than RPGmaker.

Quote (commondragon)

Quote (legoroy2)

THEN YOU SHALL DIE, FEWL!

srs, RPG maker pwnz ur face inside out

Uh, hate to say it, but RPGMaker IS bottom-rung as far as game development goes. It was made to be simple and accessible to anyone, not to be powerful or dynamic.

That said, I've seen some great stuff done with it. It all depends on the user's creativity.

RPG maker is only cool for those that otherwise have no other option to make anything else at all. It's pretty much rock bottom.
So how are you making the homebrew, Code Guru?

Quote (Drakim)

RPG maker is only cool for those that otherwise have no other option to make anything else at all. It's pretty much rock bottom.

XP has a scripting language....

things can be done

Quote (commondragon)

XP has a scripting language....

things can be done

Doesn't change a thing. In fact, it can make things seem even stupider. If you really can script (to the point were you can make a good game in XP), then making your own RPG from scratch isn't far off at all.

Making games aren't as hard as people would think it to be. Just look at Flash. Flash isn't a "game maker", you have to make almost everything from scratch there, and yet we see thousands of games arise. That's what makes me belive that things like RPG maker only gives empty promises and prevents people who could really do well from doing something worthwhile.

But those is just my feelings. ^^;