Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

True. And then there's the Malfoys. More proof that 'Teddy Lupin' isn't that odd of a name, after all.

Also, CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!

[EDIT] I claim this page in the name of Mad-Eye! Becuase you know that thing could see through clothes...
That is one of the most epic lines ever.
Err, spoilers. Although I suppose the entire books been done by now in this thread, huh?

Man, so many characters died... Ah well. End of a series.

Also, I noticed that each of the Horcruxes was destroyed by a different person. Wonder why she decided to go through with that? I mean, you'd figure Harry would have a bigger role in the ultimate destruction of V-Man, but instead it's a big concerted effort. Which is awesome. Let's see... it was... Albus, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Crabbe, Voldemort, Neville? I think that's the order it went.

Besides all that, I really did want to know what happened to a few of the unmentioned characters. Like Miss Luna Lovegood? Any news on her? Or her dad? And what about the badguy at the Ministry, Rowling started something interesting there but then let it go. Well, whatever. Some very good points to the book. The defense of Hogwarts was very exciting, starting off at least. I was really expecting a bigger battle, with lots of cooperation and the like, but instead it's "Okay, you guys fight the Death Eaters, we'll go off and do something completely different. Enjoy your epic battle!" ... There was some real awesome missed out there.

At anyrate, good book. I was a little dissapointed at some points, and I hated how very human Harry was. It's the last book, we don't want to hear him whining. We want a hero! Or perhaps that's just me, heh.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I just finished that book! It was damn good reading!!!! SUPER-Christian's are probably going insane from it. ITS DAMN GOOD!

I was all OOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO and WOAH and NoWai also WTF!!! And I KNEW IT!!!!!

Now I gotta find something else to read....probably finish the hitchikers guide to teh galaxy.
I've finally found somewhere to say this.

The scanned back has allegedly over 700 pages, right? The 7th book has only 620 (give or take)! Where did they get 80 brand-spankin'-new pages from?

I enjoyed the book but at page 220-250 I nearly ditched the thing. The first 300 pages were so boring! There were bits of this and bits of that, and the Death Eater bit at the beginning pwned, but when they were camping I nearly gave up on it.

ALSO:

Things that weren't explained in the last chapter... found on Wiki:

* Harry becomes an Auror for the Ministry of Magic, and is later appointed head of the department. Harry owns Sirius's motorcycle, which Arthur Weasley repaired for him. Because Voldemort's soul fragment inside him was destroyed, Harry can no longer speak Parseltongue.
* Ron works for a time with George at his store, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and eventually becomes an Auror.
* Hermione initially works for the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk. She later moves to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and assists in eradicating oppressive, pro-pureblood laws. She also finds her parents in Australia and removes the memory modification charm she put on them.
* Luna Lovegood searches the world for odd and unique creatures. She eventually marries Rolf, the grandson of the famed naturalist, Newt Scamander.[7]
* Ginny Weasley plays for the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team for a time, then leaves her athletic career behind for marriage and family with Harry. She eventually becomes the lead Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.
* George Weasley runs his successful joke shop, helped by Ron. He names his first child Fred, after his late twin brother.
* Slytherin House has become more diluted and is no longer the pureblood bastion it once was. Nevertheless, its dark reputation lingers.
* Voldemort's jinx on the Defence Against the Dark Arts (DADA) position is broken with his death, and there is a permanent DADA teacher.
* Firenze is welcomed back into his herd, who acknowledge that his pro-human leanings were not shameful, but honourable.
* Kingsley Shacklebolt becomes the Minister for Magic, with Percy Weasley working under him as a high official.
* As part of the changes introduced by Kingsley Shacklebolt, Azkaban no longer uses Dementors. As a result, the world is now a "much sunnier place".
* Dolores Umbridge is arrested, interrogated, and imprisoned for crimes against Muggle-borns.
* The Quibbler has returned to its usual condition of "advanced lunacy", and is appreciated for its unintentional humour.
lol "advanced lunacy"
HIKO IS BACK.
XD
I read the book three weeks ago...>_>

Quote (Krakatoa)

I've finally found somewhere to say this.

The scanned back has allegedly over 700 pages, right? The 7th book has only 620 (give or take)! Where did they get 80 brand-spankin'-new pages from?

I enjoyed the book but at page 220-250 I nearly ditched the thing. The first 300 pages were so boring! There were bits of this and bits of that, and the Death Eater bit at the beginning pwned, but when they were camping I nearly gave up on it.

ALSO:

Things that weren't explained in the last chapter... found on Wiki:

* Harry becomes an Auror for the Ministry of Magic, and is later appointed head of the department. Harry owns Sirius's motorcycle, which Arthur Weasley repaired for him. Because Voldemort's soul fragment inside him was destroyed, Harry can no longer speak Parseltongue.
* Ron works for a time with George at his store, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, and eventually becomes an Auror.
* Hermione initially works for the Ministry of Magic in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, greatly improving life for house-elves and their ilk. She later moves to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and assists in eradicating oppressive, pro-pureblood laws. She also finds her parents in Australia and removes the memory modification charm she put on them.
* Luna Lovegood searches the world for odd and unique creatures. She eventually marries Rolf, the grandson of the famed naturalist, Newt Scamander.[7]
* Ginny Weasley plays for the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team for a time, then leaves her athletic career behind for marriage and family with Harry. She eventually becomes the lead Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.
* George Weasley runs his successful joke shop, helped by Ron. He names his first child Fred, after his late twin brother.
* Slytherin House has become more diluted and is no longer the pureblood bastion it once was. Nevertheless, its dark reputation lingers.
* Voldemort's jinx on the Defence Against the Dark Arts (DADA) position is broken with his death, and there is a permanent DADA teacher.
* Firenze is welcomed back into his herd, who acknowledge that his pro-human leanings were not shameful, but honourable.
* Kingsley Shacklebolt becomes the Minister for Magic, with Percy Weasley working under him as a high official.
* As part of the changes introduced by Kingsley Shacklebolt, Azkaban no longer uses Dementors. As a result, the world is now a "much sunnier place".
* Dolores Umbridge is arrested, interrogated, and imprisoned for crimes against Muggle-borns.
* The Quibbler has returned to its usual condition of "advanced lunacy", and is appreciated for its unintentional humour.

I already figured out some of that stuff (such as Kingsly as Minister, Harry's an Auror, ect.) However, a lot of that I could never have known. Are you sure this official and not fan stuff, because if it is, the world is indeed a much better place.

W/e.

(I didn't draw it. XD)
LULZ

Quote (yahiko9040)

-The only person of consequence to die is Voldemort. (and dobby)

NO. NO. HOW COULD YOU FORGET TONKS?
Wotcher...
T_T
It made me so sad that she died... And Sirius. HOW COULD SIRIUS DIE? I know it was in Book 5, but still... BEST CHARACTER EVAR.

Quote (MegaBassFalzar)

It made me so sad that she died...  And Sirius.  HOW COULD SIRIUS DIE?  I know it was in Book 5, but still...  BEST CHARACTER EVAR.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2149765

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2149775

Yeah. I had to do that.

I need the book though. A poor man is me.

Though.. Why does Dobby die, anyway? Its the one thing I need to know, and I don't trust other sources.
You misspelled "believe". And Sirius did kick ass. And Dumbledore did not die, he basically became an hero by dying of his own "will".
You misspelled Phoenix as well.

AND BELIEVE OR NOT!
BUT DUMBLEDORE DID DIE.
But he stills lives within the backs and hearts of every HP fan there is. 8D

Quote (Kujajin)

I need the book though. A poor man is me.

Though.. Why does Dobby die, anyway? Its the one thing I need to know, and I don't trust other sources.

He took a thrown dagger for Harry, sving his life.
Meh. Don't care much about Dobby, but I wanted Harry to die. The ending sucked because Harry did not die.

Quote (MegaBassFalzar)

Meh. Don't care much about Dobby, but I wanted Harry to die. The ending sucked because Harry did not die.

Um, he did die. He just came back via a convenient plot device.
He himself didn't die, as she said, it was the piece of Voldemort inside of him that took the Avada Kedavra.