Thanks for Piracy

Hey, Miek here. When I'm not committing unspeakable awesomes or pirating things I shouldn't, I enjoy sitting back and enjoying a cool, refreshing turkey.

That is to say, don't expect to see my ugly mug 'round these parts for the rest of the weekend. That goes for Makai, too. What with Thanksgiving, my dad's birthday, and a massive torrent that's too busy being a stinkin' communist to download properly, it'd be really, really, really, really dumb for me to hang around, as all three (oh, and homework too. I'm all the time doing my assigned homework) require me to vacate the internet.

I leave you with the following:

"You don't like Babies? T-O-O-B-A-D!"
Here and Makai are like brother sites.

Quote ()

What with Thanksgiving,

Isn't that over a month away?
Canadian Thanksgiving, dear. We get it over with early.
YUS, CANADIAN TURKEY DAY!

Yeah, us Canadians get to munch on turkey and pie and mashed potatos with gravy and cranberry sauce ans all that yummy stuff month earlier than you US-ians. Eh?
But WE get a holliday in November to hold us over untill the December holidays.
I was not even aware there was a Canadian Thankgiving. The concept of giving thanks is universal, but since it was specifically for the Pilgrims/etc.

Do you guys get Clumbus Day off (even here in US its very split who gets off and who doesn't)
Dun think so. We didn't have no stinkin' name-swapping commies colonizing all up in our true grillz strong and free. We had, like, Vikings, and British, and French, and, um, Zora.

You guys have Victoria Day off?

Er, I mean...

... Not here. I'm, um, a scarecrow beaing an uncanny resemblance to a young steampunk scoundrel. Play your ocarina and I shall transcend space and time.

Sidenote: We had turkey today for my dad's birthday. So what in the name of Mighty Thor are we gonna do tomorrow? D:

Thanksgiving sandwiches...

GODLIKE.

<recovers 300 HP>
Dude. The turkey sandwiches last not just until the next night, but for the next two weeks.

Apparently mother enjoys turkey so much that we try and eat the leftover bird within the first week.
Canadians don't celebrate Columbus day, and neither should we. He discovered Cuba, not the US, and yet, instead of thanking the Vikings who found Canada and Main, we thank some guy who didn't even find the mainland or realise it was a different continent than the East indies. Columbus was actually not very smart. He didn't 'discover the world was round'. The educated knew that for centuries by huis time. What he was was the first to realise you could make a lot of money by sailing over open waters to the Indies instead of having to pay fees to sail through the waters and ports of others.

During the trip, he kept two logs. One he showed to the crue, containing a 'fake' distance travled (to keep the crew from mutineing) and a prive one with the 'real' distance traveled, which was several hundered miles more. Turns out, when re-examined in modern times, the 'fake' distance was actually the acurate one. Yeah, Columbus was that stupid.
Colombus Day was established in the US to try and secure the Portugese-American vote.
That must be it. See, Canadians don't vote. We use our superior psychic powers to link minds and reach a consensus without all those pesky papercuts. That's how we unanimously elected Spiderman.

However, we later found out that it was really Harper in disguise.

Quote (Gearpunk)

That must be it. See, Canadians don't vote. We use our superior psychic powers to link minds and reach a consensus without all those pesky papercuts. That's how we unanimously elected Spiderman.

However, we later found out that it was really Harper in disguise.

Curse you Harper! It shold have been Spiderman!