Well, I decided to get off my lazy ass and make an entry for once, if for no other reason than to prove I can take harsh criticism as well as dish it out. And what better way to take potential flaming than with a fire-based virus/chip.

Anyway, chip's pretty unoriginal, might change that before the end of the month, but here's my entry for now:

Virus
Name: FlameSpirit/FlameShade/FlameSpecter

HP: 100/140/180

Description: The FlameSpirit family consists of viruses made up of flames concealing the shadow of...something...within. The shadow, usually clearly visible with tongues of flame occasionally passing in front of it, takes a vaguely humanoid appearance, though it blends with the surrounding fire to the point where there is no real defining line between where the shadow ends and the flame begins. In fact, the shadow flickers as though it were composed of flames itself.
The differences between the families lies within the color, with the FlameSpirit being definitively red, the FlameShade being yellow, and the FlameSpecter being blue.

Abilities:
-Flametongue: Normal attack. Hits for 40/70/100 fire damage.
-Flame Possession: In exchange for half of its HP, the FlameSpirit can siphon part of itself into an allied virus, granting it Fire element and a two-hit Fire barrier.
-Spirit's Passing: When defeated, the spirit within the flames shoots through the opponent that struck the final blow, inflicting one turn of Burnx2 before fading into nothing.
-FireVeil: See chip data

Strategy: The FlameSpirit is a rather slow virus, which moves by drifting while hovering inches off the ground. The body itself does not move to attack, rather lashes out with streams of fire. FireVeil can and will be used whenever possible, which amounts to at the start of battle and the turn after it's dissipated, whenever that happens. The virus is also fairly defensive, only using flametongue if it's the only type of virus left on the field and otherwise buffing other viruses with Flame Possession. Spirit's Passing activates automatically when it's defeated, but can be dodged/blocked.

Chip
Name: FireVeil 1/2/3
Protection: 1/2/3 Non-Aqua attacks, counters with half of damage inflicted+Burn1
Accuracy: S
Description: Wraps the user in flames that shield them from non-aqua attacks. Destroyed by Aqua
Duration: Until destroyed or hit.
Element: Fire