Elem'tools!

Right, Gloopy is my official submission. This is just in response to Shur's little quip in Steve's thread.

That's right. Elemental Metools.

What happens when the common Metool leaves ACDC, their home for unknown eons?

What happens when they are exposed to the unforgiving conditions of the other Networks?

While most of them reject the new conditions, retaining their original guise and abilities--a few amongst the horde adapt to the elemental properties of fire, aqua, elec, and wood!

Thus, the Elem'tools are born!

Fire:
V1: Burning Metool:
Man's first encounter with fire was probably something along the lines of "Ow! Hot!"
The Metool's first encounter was similar, except their arms were too short and stubby to toss the flaming instrument away from them. And lo... they caught fire. Over time, a few Metools developed enough of a resistance to heat so that they could avoid deletion long enough to spread their burning pain to everything around them...

V2: Flaming Metool:
Having perfected fire resistance, these Metools are a sight to behold--the familiar Met hat enshrouded in a blazing heat, their eyes blood red from the constant exposure from heat and smoke. Lacking a real fear of deletion, they charge fearlessly into battle, leaving trails of flame...

V3: Inferno Metool:
As a final testiment to their mastery of fire, Inferno Metools look like demonic spawn from the very lava itself, complete with devilish horns and a trailing flaming tail. Their unquenchable desire for combat is a main reason that there are so very few of these fearsome beings roaming the Net...

Aqua:
V1: IceCube Metool:
Metal is very poor for insulation, the first lesson that the Metools learned in the cold nights of Sharo. Lacking fur or any other form of insulation, they survived by packing into their helmets... snow. Large quantites of snow, the very concept behind igloos, allowed these Metools to augment their developing cold resistance. Over time, layer after layer of snow slowly packed itself into a solid ice shell, hiding the Metool helmet altogether...

V2: IceShard Metool:
Ice formed from snow is a very unreliable substance. It is still soft, still moldable--however, after many remeltings and refreezings, it forms a pure, strong material, not unlike crystal. With each remelting, there forms areas of concentration--icicle spikes. Using the ice that they carry, these denizens of the arctics can let loose an icy blast.

V3: Glacier Metool:
After what must be eons for the Metool, the ice on their armor has collected to such a degree that they can no longer be seen under their formidable shell. A small hole, through which it launches blizzards that stop armies, is the only indication of which way it's facing...

Elec:
V1: Thunderstruck Metool:
The power of lightning is immense. A single strike can reduce most viruses to nothing, frying their data and blackening their bodies. As such, a Thunderstruck Metool's color scheme is nearly inverted compared to its counterparts, jet-black mingled with splashes of the original Met orange. Lethargic at first, they absorb electricity at an alarming rate before discharging the stored energy in a bright nova...

V2: Thunderrod Metool:
Repeated shocks have left the survivors quite deranged--as if taunting fate, they have exchanged their pickaxes for extended metal prods, which they constantly raise to the sky, daring the lightning to descend upon them...

V3: Thundercall Metool:
It is quite difficult to identify the elite of the Thunderrods, dubbed the Thundercallers by observers. Any sort of decoration is quickly annihilated by the wrath of the storms that they incurr, and their appearance is sparse at best. Regardless, those whose armor is the blackest, whose prod is the longest, and who lightning seems to strike the most--those are the Thundercall Metools, the pinnacle of Elec mastery for Metools.

Wood:
V1: Entangled Metool:
Short, stubbly Metool legs and arms make navigating through dense foilage extremely difficult. Given the useless of the traditional pickaxe in such situations, the first Metools that embraced their new home learned to attach a plant symbiote on their helmet, using the resulting vine as an extended appendage. Their initial lack of mastery would leave them often imprisoned by their own symbiote, creating the name...

V2: Camo Metool:
Realizing that having a cutting instrument would prove critical, the Metools fashioned curved daggers along with their vine companions. By this time, the plant symbiote has grown to such an extent that it covers the entire helmet, giving the Metool a form of disguise among its home environment. To amplify the effect, they smear mud in the exposed areas, furthering the camouflage...

V3: Guerrilla Metool:
Mastering navigation in the jungle, Guerrilla Metools can strike at a second's notice, then vanish into the foilage before the opponent can react. Using their extended vines, they can change their elevation among the trees at will, leaving the opponents wondering where the next assault will come from...
If we used these, I'd give them less cumbersome names. I realize that they're jokes-- but I'd call them easy things like WoodTool or something.

Elementool. It has a nice ring to it.
Just in case we are getting at all close to implementing these things as regularly used viruses, I'd like to point out that if we just throw around our own viruses for everyday use we're ruining the point of having the contest. XD

Not to mention that we just don't need elemental metools... >__>;

Quote (Kazuhiro)

If we used these, I'd give them less cumbersome names. I realize that they're jokes-- but I'd call them easy things like WoodTool or something.

Elementool. It has a nice ring to it.

Yea, we need some catchy/cute name XD
Bah....My virus IS an elemental metool, just a floating, omni-elemental one. On a lighter note, those names make them sound like superheroes or Gundams...