Job BBS~!!!

Humm... What sort of thing would PCs need, though? That's my only real issue with this, and it doesn't matter much anyway.
It's not like any sane RPer would shell out zenny or chips for a quest that's entirely fluff, such as in that Search for the Great and Powerful Fedora.
... Signature Hat. Whatever.
Some people tried that on the old boards... Set up a shop, and expected other RPers to come up and give them jobs for zenny. Didn't work, as you may expect...
But aside from that, it's very promising in the NPC quest side of things, especially for people like Swift and Gunner, who wouldn't be too friendly with the NetPolice... Heh heh heh.
That's when the duration comes in. Of course, non of us isn't in the league to actually give out items by quests, so you would send a request to the mods.

You would have to show the difficulty of the Job, and by the difficulty, would determine the size of your prize. Also, the quality of the RP would also matter...I think

(EX: "FINDTHEKITY!"

Netop goes to scilab and gets the kitty
goes to scilab and gives it to the girl

YOU GET: 100z)

(EX2: "FINDTHEKITY!"

K tells him self to *Blah blah blah*

You get: 300z)

(EX: "Destroy the rising syndicate"

*Blah blah blah*

You get: 2000z or VarSword)
*ahem* allow me to attempt to clarify... at least, what I think Goroke saying.

Basically, in the same way that we register subplots for our own navis, I believe Goroke wants a system of registering jobs such that we (the non-mods) can create low-importance, low-reward scenarios to break up the monotony of virus busting. These jobs do not necessarily have to originate from our own characters, nor do the rewards necessarily have to come from our own pockets. Essentially, we'd be creating tiny scenarios for each other that would be scripted by members, but executed by moderators. This is similar to the GMO system we had back on RMCN, but those were scenarios that are composed, written, and executed at every level by mods.

In short, I think Goroke wants to provide an avenue for the community at large to compose small-scale scenarios that mods can accept and execute at their discretion. Naturally, there would have to be heavy restrictions on this - on par with, or perhaps greater than the old Virus/Battlechip creation system. Perhaps a system where mods take only a certain number of "user-created jobs" per interval of time.

I would be willing to assist in the creation of such a system, but alas, I could very well be misinterpreting Goroke's intent.

Goroke, care to confirm that I have the right idea?
That sounds awesome. I'd hit that. XD

But I'd like to script some fights like that. It would be a fun way to get to introduce other navis and things for minor positions without necessarily devoting them any particular spotlight.

Quote (Skyrender)

*ahem* allow me to attempt to clarify... at least, what I think Goroke saying.

Basically, in the same way that we register subplots for our own navis, I believe Goroke wants a system of registering jobs such that we (the non-mods) can create low-importance, low-reward scenarios to break up the monotony of virus busting. These jobs do not necessarily have to originate from our own characters, nor do the rewards necessarily have to come from our own pockets. Essentially, we'd be creating tiny scenarios for each other that would be scripted by members, but executed by moderators. This is similar to the GMO system we had back on RMCN, but those were scenarios that are composed, written, and executed at every level by mods.

In short, I think Goroke wants to provide an avenue for the community at large to compose small-scale scenarios that mods can accept and execute at their discretion. Naturally, there would have to be heavy restrictions on this - on par with, or perhaps greater than the old Virus/Battlechip creation system. Perhaps a system where mods take only a certain number of "user-created jobs" per interval of time.

I would be willing to assist in the creation of such a system, but alas, I could very well be misinterpreting Goroke's intent.

Goroke, care to confirm that I have the right idea?

Awesome as ever, Sky >:3

Also, I got some crazy idea since all of you were suggesting that mod/admins are to take care of the jobs. If few of you are interested in "background" story of your navi/netop, you can also try to create a scenario like the real game is self to make more "development" :3 (But I doubt it since that could be considered a "subplot")

I WANT THE LICENSE SYSTEM!! RAWR!!
lol@the license system.

Seriously, there are a lot of ideas like that bouncing around, but with everyone excited about making the changes they wanted to before, doing everything at once might hurt stability.
Alright~

So I ought'a wait till everything settles down for the Job BBS to be up and running eh? please say license system to >_<!!!!!jkjk
No license for j00!!! Well, maybe, but there are a lot of ideas buzzing about and we need some clarification before we implement anything major.
BUMP!!...And I want my Z License :ph43r:

EDIT: Soo...Is this idea completly dead in the Mod Cave?
Technically, this idea never got activated in the Mod Cave.