Member from RE:CN

It's not a divisive issue so much as not everyone is on the same page right now. If you look at the current active list for this site and the list for RE:CN, then you know what I mean by "scattered" and "divided."

It'd be best to let the mods/officials/admin put their heads together, get them all on the same page, then have them announce the plan. This pick-and-choose-between-sites stuff is going to cause problems in the future. You'll have 1 set of staff operating 2 sites... that will become a very taxing mess for the thinly spread out staff in short order.

[/reality check]
...I may be a Moderator, but I'm merely a follower. One way or another, it'll work out. And the only 'set of staff' cares about their members, so we will do what would be best for them. It's their choice if they want to RP while being under Lord Nalerenn. This 'set of staff' prefers to remove themselves from Nalerenn.

Quote ()

And the only 'set of staff' cares about their members, so we will do what would be best for them.

I never suggested otherwise.
I did say that the staff are currently running 2 sites (and you are), and that that may become a problem in the future.

It's merely something to think about, and discuss if needed.

Unless something changes, I'm following the plan outlined by Demonstar.
I think it should be up to the individual whether they start over or not.

I mean, yes, those who restart will be at a disadvantage to those who don't, but it's really no different from new members joining, is it?
Suggestion: Take 1 chip of your choice over.

But that's just me. I like my chips. I don't want to see all of them go.
I don't want to be under the heel of Nal as he is far too explosive for my tastes. I think that this should become the main site, ditching RE:CN completely. However, I'm not sure on the idea of starting over or not. On one side, it'll allow all of our characters to interact as comrades as opposed to the lackey feeling you get when relying on someone 10 levels higher than you. On the other side, it took me forever to get to level 11 and I'm loathe to relinquish all of my chips and upgrades. Still, I'll go with whatever the populace decides.
That settles it. RE:CN is no more.

Nale locked it down.
... Dammit. He keep outdoing my expectations.

Well, we managed to get a email with the link out to everyone before that happened.

So now--Looks to the future's probably a good idea.

What did we decide on for the direction of the board? Try to continue off where we were?

Or start off completely fresh?

Or some hybrid of the two?

I'll probably start a poll within a few days.
Personally, I'd go either way. No preference. I'll like a fresh start, but It doesn't have to be that way.

-CLJ
I guess I wouldn't mind starting over... but I was so close to my fourth!

Hrmmm.... I wonder if I can think up another design as fun as DimensionMan? If not, I could always just start back over with DimensionMan once more...

But I can understand if you want everyone to reset their navis. Getting the information from all of the backups, not to mention verifying it all, would probably yield some skewed results... And, of course, a lot of people just want new navis to begin with.
lets refresh. Its a new site....so a new beginning for it! We'll alert many far and wide. HORRAH! I think we should do soem crossfusions and dark chips. Make us fight soem darkloids on teh side while fighting cybeasts.
I don't have any problems with restarting, especially considering I barely started in the first place. <__<

Besides, like AimMan said, the whole conversion process would be much easier if everyone started fresh.
Crap... I'm going to have to start over.

I did at least manage to save my data, Goroke's data (cuz he wasn't here), and my intro post. So that's a ray of light.

Still, my Muse is most displeased... <_<
If it can manifest into reality, have it maul nale for me. My muse is being lazy.
I don't know if this is the right place to write this, but I may have an acceptable compromise for those who want to keep stuff and those who want to start over. Granted, it was Val (or Leon, as the case may be) who originally suggested this, but it's a permutation of the idea.

Old members may choose any two of the following.

-Select up to three chips that you own not exceeding a total value of 5000Z from Higure's chip store. Note that chips carried over must be available for purchase from Higure's store.

-Select up to 2 navicust programs that you own not exceeding a total value of 5000Z from Meijin's navicust shop.

-Vouchers for a level 2 signature attack and a level 1.5 signature attack, assuming you had both to begin with

-Up to 2 HP Memories OR 2 Navicust Expansions, assuming you had them to begin with.

-1 speed upgrade, assuming you had it.

Granted, this will be allowing old members to carry over up to 10000Z worth of stuff to begin with, but none of them are so imbalancing as to destroy or discriminate the fresh start or game balance.

...of course, this would rely heavily on the honor system, so I'm not sure if you'd want to implement it. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone thought it'd be worth trying.
That sounds cool to me.

I'll have to go over that with a couple more people.

Again, everyone, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you all.

Skyrender, did you manage to save your massive plot?
yep, it's on my computer.

Though as sad as it may seem, I am considering starting anew as well :P.
IMO everyone should keep an item or two from the old site and be required to start over. THis way the people who were further and more advantaced can still have some of their stuff and power. I have been on this site and while and was pretty far. It is saddening to start all the way over. That is my vote, we keep what our zenny amount was and maybe a few chips or something. And upgrade or two. Idk, makes sence to me.

Maybe we should just all start over. Bah. Ookami was so cool though. I probably should make a new character though. Bah. Back to the F**King drawing board.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Start over, but keep chars!

Think of it like RE:CN2. The characters remain the same, yet all our powers and stuff get forgotten! Wicked! XD

That means Drakas an Co. get another shot for the Evil Cup!

Plus, another mysterious force joins the fray.

Then Drakas and the other groups have to work together to rid the net of this entity! How ironic.

That's not ironic! It would be ironic if we worked together to harm ourselves!

Wait. Ironic would be if Fireman didn't kidnap Toadman, Toadman kidnapped Fireman!

I think it would be ironic if our busters didn't shoot plasma but instead a repairing data.

I think it would be ironic if everyone was made out of ice.

------------------------
2 hours later
------------------------

Okay. We've all agreed that the current situation is not totally ironic but just weird and different from our usual standards.

Fine. Okay. I guess. Snowmen!
... it's good to have humor in this situation. Thanks, Lego.

I'm keeping Volt. And, if possible, his Child.GMO.

...please?

Could I keep a speed upgrade, a GMO, and an HP Mem?