Netbattles and Chill

Courser listened with half an ear and half an eye as he nodded along and turned other thoughts over in his mind. It sounded like a Mafia free agent doing independent work, and as far as he knew, clashes like that outside of direct family enterprises were free game, so he wasn't likely to get in any trouble with any of his other more regular contacts. In the back of his mind he was aware that the dynamite chip hadn't refreshed itself yet, which most likely meant the scouts hadn't triggered it after all. Pity. He nodded more firmly as they seemed to wind around to the meat of their request.

“Right, keep my eyes open for more of your folks along the way, and send as many as I can back safely. I can do that. I'm guessing you'd rather I didn't damage any of the viruses you've marked? I don't know about taking Hevari out properly. She'll have contingencies.”

“Aye, but if she's cocky, she'll try one of their jack-out barriers on you. Goes both ways, that stuff.” Off to one side, one of Courser's decoys slipped from the shadows of the room, this time leaning on Baba's chair to call out a thought to Courser himself. He glanced in its direction.

“If it comes to that. I don't have their barrier tech myself, but I'll bet she does.” The clone shrugged, unconcerned as Courser reached out to let a coil of water stretch from his fingertips to retrieve the packet and tuck it away into his sleeve.

“I'll keep my eyes open and see what I can find.” He nodded to each of them and gave a formal bow to the room, one foot ahead of the other and his hand sweeping low, before turning to leave.

Outside, Courser glanced about the make-shift settlement, looking for his original guide. Two clones slipped into space beside him and started glancing about.

“See if you can pick out the ones who have injuries we can still fix, we've got a few minutes. If either of you spot Penny before me, let her know.” The decoys each gave lazy, irreverent salutes, then wandered off in different directions while courser began to search.

Many of the navis' injuries were long term damage that had had time to degrade without proper repairs. Unconsciously, Courser found himself totalling up what the bill from the navi shop would be for running full restorations one each of the damaged and hurt individuals he passed, but over the next handful of minutes he worked as best he could to give chip-aided healing and refactoring to the injuries and damages that were still receptive to it. Before too much longer, however, he'd done as much as he could and found himself at the entrance to the secret hide-away giving a last tip of his fingers to whichever navis were still about.

“Well, with any luck I'll get more of your folks back in one piece, but either way, stay safe, you lot.” He turned and stepped forward, onto a fresh rise of rushing water and kicked off, skating out over the ice and snow in the direction he'd been pointed.

“Hey, Courser...” A minute or two into his silent travel, Jenny spoke up. She sounded curious, but her voice was softer than usual. “You seemed really serious back there. I haven't seen you like that before. What's wrong?” Courser looked out over the snow, scanning for signs of the trail he was following. First one clone, then a second split off, widening his arc. After a moment he answered.

“There's not much any one of us can do, and the problem only gets bigger every year. It's up to humans to help fix this, in the end. Their the only ones with the power and the resources to do it. It's just sobering, Jen.”

“I guess... We're always taught to think of our navis as people, and to treat them properly... But if they're people too, and you look at something like that, how do we justify it?” She sounded conflicted, and he could hear her drumming her fingernails on the edge of the table. Courser rolled his shoulders.

“Most people? Like you were. By not thinking about it.”
“I... hey! That's not fair!” Jenny's voice came across more hurt than offended, and Courser winced despite himself.
“Sorry. Maybe give a donation to Holly's charity stream this year, hmm?”
“That's the one that mum and dad always tell me I shouldn't watch.” He could practically hear the pout in her voice and CourseMan briefly considered her response, and then Holly's charity drives, and the way they had a tendency to go.

“Ah... well, I can't blame them, but you're your own young woman now, Jen, aren't you? Besides...” He shrugged and muttered in a slightly more sulky tone. “They censor it for the networks if it gets too naughty anyway...” When his answer drew the hoped-for giggled from his operator, Courser allowed himself a small smirk of victory and pressed on.

((Still looking for Battle 13 (Yes, Request Accepted)))
(Courser get: Location.DAT and Contingency Letters, FXP to be determined later)

Lending aid to the navis that he could, Courser would set off onto the net again, leaving the village behind him before long, though not without the feeling of being followed, likely Penny or another of the unoperated navis trailing far behind him to keep an eye on him. Either way, his treck into Sharo's networks would be met with an unusual sight...a lone heelnavi with an aqua-based color scheme, tanks all along it's body filled to the brim with frothy cyberwater and likely ready to throw down at a moment's notice.

As Courser continued to bring things into perspective...a small cage with a wooden top could be seen, small enough to be handled by just about anyone with one hand and a curious pair of occupants...a Spikey with a Metool atop it's back, pacing back and forth in the small enclosement and to it's side...a battered navi, an older commercial model with a missing eye and a scared helmet tied up and practically frozen in place and completely unconcious, whilst the spikey attempted to nuzzle into the navi, a light singe mark eventually shone in the Spikey's fur and on the side of the Metool's helmet...they were obviously from the village. And right behind the cage...a blue mystery data sparkling and turning slowly.

Figures I find a mystery data on my way back...can't risk openin it without a subchip though...lousy operator bein cheap... The navi mumbled as he wiped the sweat from his brow. And before Courser could escape his eyes, of course, he turned to see him. Blinking once or twice before hollering out. BWAAAAH!? SHIT! FUCK! I'M SPOTTED! He hollered out out of surprise, throwing a group of capsules into the air and running forwards jumping over a missing panel and coming to a stop near Courser, all the while a trio of viruses popped out of thin air, a Basher right behind both cage and BMD, an upgraded Aqua-Swordy, wielding a blade made entirely out of water...and unfortunately for Courser...a Metavirus.

Standing tall atop a wheeled chasis with the top half of the basher family grafted onto the chasis and a massive shield, facing forward at all times with a hinge to bring up and over it's body. Slow and bulky, the metavirus seemed to be able to turn immensely quickly as a way of defense. All the while the three viruses seemed interconnected to one another, with the meta in the middle of it all. Awright! Get ova here ya damn pirate so I can blast a cannonball up yer ass!

-- Viruses --
MagnumGuard V2MagnumGuard V2 (MagnumGuard)

MagnumGuards are a combination of the Basher, Gunner, and IronShield viruses. For the most part, they simply look like a Basher's upper turret mounted on a heavily armored catterpillar drive with an extra set of armatures that hold an IronShield in place before the turret. The shield faces in whatever direction the turret faces, allowing the virus to move in one direction while attacking and defending in another. The Basher's signature secondary cannon arms are able to reach out far enough to shoot while the shield is down, and the main cannons fire when the shield is up.

Area: All

HP: 400
Element: Fire

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Fire + Break + Panel Break x3 Targets, 1 Action Charge
Primary Attack Accuracy: A
Primary Attack Description: The virus selects up to 3 targets, and spends an action charging up the main cannons. It then fires a Magnum blast that reduces most Network constructs to ashes with a single shot; usually leaving a blast crater where they once stood. It may target empty panels and objects as well as enemies.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Fire x 9 Shots + Spray Fire + Double Attack
Secondary Attack Accuracy: D
Secondary Attack Description: Sprays the enemy with a hail of machine cannon fire from each cannon arm.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Fire + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets + Double Attack
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: C
Tertiary Attack Description: Fires a spread of flaming cannonballs from each cannon arm.

Special: SuperArmor: Immunity to Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, and similar effects.
-- The virus may raise its shield over it's body to ward off aerial attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is raised, it must remain raised for 1 turn.
-- The virus may lower its shield from the raised position to guard against frontal attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is lowered, it must remain lowered for 1 turn.
-- This virus can move, but it's size and slow pace makes dodging impossible. It can turn quickly, however.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Magnum1, MachineGun1, 3-Way, Wrecker, IronShield1, Zenny
: 400 HP (Guarding Captured Navi and Virus Cage, a couple panels in front of them)(Normal)
Swordy-A EXSwordy-A EX (Swordy-A)

Area: Yoka, Sharo

HP: 120
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Aqua + Long Range Attack + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: When this virus is 2 panels away from the target, or its enemies are 2-deep, it will attack with Aqua Blade.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Aqua + Wide Range Attack + Slashing
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: When this virus is standing directly adjacent to its target, or diagonally from it, it will attack with Aqua Sword.
Element: Aqua
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaKnife, Zenny
Special: Swordy-A's are immune to Freeze Status.
Special: Uses Area Grab to get into attack range.
: 120 HP (Standing guard right next to encampment)(Normal)
Aqua-Heel: 250 HP (One Feint away from Courseman, lined up with him, in front of Missing)(Ice)
BasherBasher (Basher)

Basher viruses are the top-tier of the stationary gunnery viruses with an unmatched single-shot damage output among the normal viruses. They are also the rarest of their class, and appear only after battle 5. They also never appear in large numbers in a normal battle, meaning the ratio of total viruses to Bashers should be at least 4 to 1. The attack cycle of Bashers is 2 actions long, regardless of which attack they use. The first attack requires one action to charge before firing, and the second attack executes twice in succession. If they are stunned, they resume their attack cycle where it was halted once the stun wears off. They don't move, and don't dodge.

Area: Sharo

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 60 Fire + Break + Panel Break x3 Targets, 1 Action Charge
Primary Attack Description: The virus selects up to 3 targets, and spends an action charging up the main cannons. It then fires a Magnum blast that reduces most Network constructs to ashes with a single shot, usually leaving a blast crater where they once stood. It may target empty panels and objects as well as enemies.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Fire x3 Targets + Double Attack
Secondary Attack Accuracy: A
Secondary Attack Description: Fires a 3-shot spread from the left arm cannon, then follows up with an identical attack from the right arm cannon just after. Each cannon shot requires an action, and both attacks must occur one after the other.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Magnum1 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Immobile
- Main attack destroys panels, reducing enemy evasion by 1 Rank.
: 120 HP (Situated behind BMD/VirusCage)(Normal)

-- Navis --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (Out in the open, a Feint away from Aqua-Heel)(Ice)

-- Terrain --
5% Missing
  • Permanent bottomless hole.
  • Doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
  • EJO if you fall in.
(Dead center of the battlefield)
15% Cracked
  • Changes to Broken when stepped on, chance to fall in when triggered.
  • Burrow: Change terrain to Broken, Null 50 to burrower.
  • Panel Crack attacks, >100 Damage Break/Impact/Drop attacks: Change terrain hit to Broken.
  • PanelShot: Splash1.
(In random patches on the field)
55% Ice
  • +10% Evasion to all. Non-Aqua Elementals get -20% Accuracy.
  • Aqua attacks: 25% Freeze chance, change terrain hit to Normal if triggered. Boost chance to 100% if Ice-type.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Sea.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua + Freeze1.
(Majority of the terrain)
25% Normal
  • No effects.
(Area around and under MagnumGuard V2 encampment)

-- Objects --
BMD: 20 HP (Behind of VirusCage)(Normal)
VirusCage: 40 HP (Contains Spikey and Metool viruses at full HP, can be released with an action)(One movement away)(Normal)
Captured Navi: 40/100 HP (Behind MagnumGuard V2, to the left of VirusCage)(Bound)(Frozen)

Battle Mode: Elite! Delete the meta-virus to win!

-- Battle 13 Ready? Start!! --
The sight that interrupted Courser's musing as he searched the tundra was a vaguely curious one, with a little more complexity than his past games allowed for. He glanced across, just past his primary clone without making eye contact, and they nodded to one another, skating forward quickly as the heel navi cried out and summoned an array of foes. The large one in particular seemed like it might take some work. The soft water mist of his defences rose about both CourseMen as his clone peeled slightly to the right, beginning to arc around the group on its water current, while Courser himself drew up with a grin and his hands nonchalantly in his belt.

“Ah, so you're operated then? Excellent. Now I don't have to feel bad about what I'm about to do to you...” He winked at the heelnavi, flashing teeth and let his eyes flick briefly across to where his clone continued trying to circle, and looked to be extending long tendrils of water from both hands. It drew back, as though to attack the group, making no effort to hide its behaviour, just as Courser himself quick drew the silver-worked tri-barelled revolver from his belt and took three echoing shots at the group. The triple magnum blast resounded across the tundra; one shot each at the guarding Basher virus, the Swordy and the heelnavi himself. He let the recoil spin the weapon around his finger before stowing it back in his belt and kicking off towards the group in earnest now, his own wave whips descending from his hands and curling in wide lashes.

Whichever foe reacted first to attack the real Courser wasn't likely to have any better luck than those that guessed wrong and attacked his clone; he was ready for it, and the moment one of them singled him out, they'd see the mist react, pulling him sharply to one side with sudden speed as Courser appeared to make a trap-assisted dodge roll to the right. In reality, the form dodging the attack was itself another shadowy decoy, that rolled to its feet and focused on the attacking enemy, strafing with more caution. The real courser, was already primed to vanish into the mist in the same moment that the clone was formed, reappearing directly behind his assailant, one hand pressing draining, inky black waters against them with a softly murmured “Too slow...”

Before or after, courser had multiple plans in motion as he focused on precision over spread; there were hostages and delicate objects on the field, so it was no time for rampant explosives, at least for now. Instead, as he surveyed the situation and watched through his variously placed sets of eyes, his left hand made a low, open-fingered motion down by his side, before pulling up and over with a forceful thrust; in response, a black shadow formed behind the meta virus, which rose into a broad, thick crashing wave of frigid water that attempted to wash the dangerous amalgamation out and freeze it in place for the time being.

As it crashed down, the mists surrounding Courser's body pulsed and refreshed, obscuring his form more thoroughly again, as he let himself glide to a point in their midst and gestured and invitation with both hands.

“Anyway... I've got things to do, so, why don't you just work out what you're going to do with this?” In front of him, the ice became black waters for a moment, and a large, blunt-tipped sea mine rose up from the pool; a large red digital timer was clearly visible on the top of it, reading '3', though as it solidified fully, the counter clicked over to '2'. Courser grinned. Across from him, if either clone was still active, one called out.

“Oi! I thought we said no bombs!?” Courser just shrugged and smiled.
“Oh come on, it's only a little one.” As he spoke her reached back, past the cage, to instead put one hand on the blue data crystal and activate its opening sequence. What was life without a little risk?

-=Summary=-

C*) ((TrapMaster: Courser is aware of any traps present in the situation and their triggering conditions, and (until further notice) denies their ability to activate on him or his clones))
C*) First Barrier: (40Hp Barrier, Self)
C*) First Armour: (10Hp Casing, Self)
C*) Decoy: (Circling and making as though to attack from the side while Courser 'distracts')
C1) Magnum1Damage: 120 + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets
Accuracy: A
Description: A triple barreled gun that blasts through defenses and terrain alike. Rare
Duration: Once
Trader Rank: C
(120Fire, Break, Panel Break, A) @ Basher, Swordy, Heel
C2) Trap(Incoming Attack against CourseMan): Multi-Stage: First (Teleport + Decoy(1 round)), Then ((Aqua)LifeDrain 10, Shot-Type, A), Then (Self-Slow)
C*) If triggered, secondary Decoy behaviour: Rolled to the side and give attention to the attacker, moving cautiously in light of them.
C3) IceWave2Damage: 100 + Freeze
Description: Sends a wave of ice at one enemy
Special: Ice Type: This chip counts as Ice Type for the purposes of potentially freezing targets on Aqua Element Terrain or environments, as applicable.
(120Aqua, Freeze, A) @ MagnumGuard
C*) Fast Barrier: (40Hp Barrier, Self)
C*) Fast Armour: (10Hp Casing, Self)
C4) TimeBomb1HP: 100
Properties: Anchored
Object Damage: 50 + Impact
Damage Method: Telekinesis
Attack Damage: 100 + To-All-Clause (Enemies)
Accuracy: S
Description: Places a bomb on the field that will explode after two turns, damaging all enemies.
Duration: 2 turns or until destroyed.
Element: Null
Trader Rank: D
middle of group, in front of Meta.
C5) Movement (as necessary for descriptions)
C6) Access BMD
Hunh? Whaddya me- Aw fuck, just me luck! Yer the asshole fuckin our shit up like it's yer job or sumfin! The navi complained as Courseman got his defenses up, the navi's eyes darting to and fro as he tried to figure out which of the two he needed to aim his shot at...only to catch a glimpse of the pistol and immediately moving to get out of the blast radius of the attack...which, for his part at least, was the smart idea. The Swordy and Basher immediately elimiated with two of the three explosive blasts, rocking the cage to and fro as the Heel, while just a little singed, had escaped more or less unscathed from the attack, wiping away the remnants of snow and ice from his body. Cheeky fuckin cunt... he mumbled as the basher atop the chasis began to take aim at the two Coursemen as it readied it's cannons...and with a resounding blast of three cannonballs, sent out the explosives, crashing across the field, destroying one of the panels far off in the distance, whilst missing the cloned navi and managing a clean shot against Courser himself...or at least until he avoided the attack due to a little trickery of his own.

Teleporting along the field as the shot took the guard he had raised for himself and, with little difficulty, teleported behind the virus and gave it a clean hit as the extra clone rolled out from the attack, prompting the Heelnavi to take the shot offered to him and cleanly take the shot, thinking it was the real deal and dispelling the clone almost immediately. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK! the Heel cursed almost insesscently as Courser took another shot at the virus, it attempting to get turned around fast enough to block any further hits...but unfortunately, Courser was close enough, causing his Icewave to get through, immediately freezing the weaponry of the virus and causing several misfires as it cursed at him in viral tongue. AND HERE COMES THE EXPLOSIVE!
No...nononono! NOT LIKE THIS DAMN IT! HEVARI'S GONNA HAVE ME BALLS! AND MEOP'S A DEADMAN! FUCK YOU, YA FUCKIN CUNT! As he panicked almost immediately as he screamed at Courseman as he made his marry way towards the BMD, almost just to spite the poor bastard if anyone had an idea of his way of thinking, as the BMD began to decrypt and, with some luck, opened successfully without a mimic ripping through his entrails and instead a cashe of zenny to pick up once battle routine finishes. YOU FUCKING VINDICTIVE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT!

-- Viruses --

MagnumGuards are a combination of the Basher, Gunner, and IronShield viruses. For the most part, they simply look like a Basher's upper turret mounted on a heavily armored catterpillar drive with an extra set of armatures that hold an IronShield in place before the turret. The shield faces in whatever direction the turret faces, allowing the virus to move in one direction while attacking and defending in another. The Basher's signature secondary cannon arms are able to reach out far enough to shoot while the shield is down, and the main cannons fire when the shield is up.

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 90 Fire + Break + Panel Break x3 Targets, 1 Action Charge
Primary Attack Description: The virus selects up to 3 targets, and spends an action charging up the main cannons. It then fires a Magnum blast that reduces most Network constructs to ashes with a single shot; usually leaving a blast crater where they once stood. It may target empty panels and objects as well as enemies.

Secondary Attack Description: Sprays the enemy with a hail of machine cannon fire from each cannon arm.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Fire + Break + Panel Break x 3 Targets + Double Attack
Tertiary Attack Description: Fires a spread of flaming cannonballs from each cannon arm.

Special: SuperArmor: Immunity to Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, and similar effects.
-- The virus may raise its shield over it's body to ward off aerial attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is raised, it must remain raised for 1 turn.
-- The virus may lower its shield from the raised position to guard against frontal attacks as a free action. However, once the shield is lowered, it must remain lowered for 1 turn.
-- This virus can move, but it's size and slow pace makes dodging impossible. It can turn quickly, however.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Magnum1, MachineGun1, 3-Way, Wrecker, IronShield1, Zenny
: 140 HP (Guarding Captured Navi and Virus Cage, a couple panels in front of them)(Normal)

Primary Attack Description: When this virus is 2 panels away from the target, or its enemies are 2-deep, it will attack with Aqua Blade.
Secondary Attack Description: When this virus is standing directly adjacent to its target, or diagonally from it, it will attack with Aqua Sword.
: DELETED ((PING!))
Aqua-Heel: 250 HP (In the open)(Ice)
BasherBasher (Basher)

Basher viruses are the top-tier of the stationary gunnery viruses with an unmatched single-shot damage output among the normal viruses. They are also the rarest of their class, and appear only after battle 5. They also never appear in large numbers in a normal battle, meaning the ratio of total viruses to Bashers should be at least 4 to 1. The attack cycle of Bashers is 2 actions long, regardless of which attack they use. The first attack requires one action to charge before firing, and the second attack executes twice in succession. If they are stunned, they resume their attack cycle where it was halted once the stun wears off. They don't move, and don't dodge.

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 60 Fire + Break + Panel Break x3 Targets, 1 Action Charge
Primary Attack Description: The virus selects up to 3 targets, and spends an action charging up the main cannons. It then fires a Magnum blast that reduces most Network constructs to ashes with a single shot, usually leaving a blast crater where they once stood. It may target empty panels and objects as well as enemies.
Secondary Attack Description: Fires a 3-shot spread from the left arm cannon, then follows up with an identical attack from the right arm cannon just after. Each cannon shot requires an action, and both attacks must occur one after the other.

-- Navis --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (Where BMD was at)(Normal)(Barrier40)(Casing10)

-- Terrain --
5% Missing
  • EJO if you fall in.
15% Cracked
  • Panel Crack attacks, >100 Damage Break/Impact/Drop attacks: Change terrain hit to Broken.
35% Ice
  • Aqua attacks: 25% Freeze chance, change terrain hit to Normal if triggered. Boost chance to 100% if Ice-type.
15% Normal
  • No effects.
30% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.
(Where Magnum and MagnumGuard V2 hit)

-- Objects --
BMD: OPENED (Reward after battle: 7000z)
VirusCage: 40 HP (Contains Spikey and Metool viruses at full HP, can be released with an action)(One movement away)(Normal)
Captured Navi: 40/100 HP (Behind MagnumGuard V2, to the left of VirusCage)(Bound)(Frozen)
TimeBomb1HP: 100
Description: Places a bomb on the field that will explode after two turns, damaging all enemies.
: 100 HP (In front of MagnumGuard V2) (Count: 2)
Courser almost felt bad for the heel navi's angst. Almost, but not really. While his opponent screamed his rage, Courser wore a relaxed, casual grin and let his movements about the battlefield look loose and graceful as he glided back towards the other navi on a water current with his wave whips snaking and lashing from each hand.

“Now now, it's uncouth to use language like that, when you have such a pretty mouth...” His grin flashed more teeth as he prepared for whatever panicked retaliation the heel might make in his desperation. Even if he managed to scramble together an attack, courser was ready to glide to both sides while his form split, one winking at the poor heel while the other waved a cautionary finger at him. His main decoy had reformed as he moved, branching away to circle the battlefield quickly, then zero in on the captives. It paid no heed to the frozen metavirus or the tormented heel, and instead move din close to check on the restrained navi and the marked viruses.

“We'll have you out soon. Just hang tight, okay?”

As courser teased his remaining foe, he flicked one wave whip in the direction of the frozen MagnumGuard; while the whip lashed aggressively, it wasn't an actual attack. Instead, a dark pool of shadow formed in the ice behind the virus, and a smaller mechanical shape surged up from the water, spinning in place as it shook droplets off and formed itself fully, then quickly took a volley of flechette shots at the hostile machine's blind side, if it was quick enough.

Regardless, Courser waited for the virus to respond to the new assailant, giving it a chance to turn away towards the more present threat, still with his arm outstretched. The wave whip spiralled, then drew up, thickening and gaining mass until a long tube of water encased most of Courser's left arm. In the barrel of the tube, a tightly spinning ball of high-pressure water rushed into place, gaining speed as its momentum held it apart from the liquid housing. With a crack that thrust his shoulder back again, the core of water launched out with the force of a tank shell, collapsing the rest of the housing into a spray of mist and vapour that showered over Courser himself to refresh his protectives and disperse the recoil. With a last flick of his wrist, he threw his hand up, almost as though bowing with a flourish; the whip of water snaked artfully upward in a sinuous pattern, as three more thin, almost invisible shards of high-pressure current twisted in on themselves within the coil, then tore free, cast up and the raining back down on the magnum virus like razor needles.

The series of motions took only a few seconds, but as he finished his flourish, courser moved more sharply, steeping to one side then back again with sudden speed as he manoeuvred behind the heel navi and attempted to pin one arm up behind his back in a tight hold, while hooking one leg inside the instep of his dance partner to force him off-balance.

If the viruses were done for and he managed to get a hold of the other navi, the action led smoothly into Courser slamming their upper torso down across the top of the timebomb; this time around, it was definitely the real Courser acting; he pressed in behind the other navi with as much close body contact as he could manage, from shoulder to hip, especial the hips, and held the heel's face close to the glowing red display number as it beeped.

“Right now, cutie-pie. You've got about six seconds before I open you up. How many more prisoners, where are they, and where's queen bitch.” There was a growl in his words that accompanied the rougher treatment now, a deliberate shift from the smiling player of before. The timbomb ticked down from two to one.

Off to one side, a secondary dark pool, much smaller, had formed, and Courser's other frequent ally poked its head out of the hole. Next to the shovel-wielding mole, one of Courser's decoy leaned down, side-eyeing what was happening elsewhere.

“If the viruses are all dealt with, maybe just help our friends out of the cage over there, huh?”

-=Summary=-

C*) ((TrapMaster: Courser is aware of any traps present in the situation and their triggering conditions, and (until further notice) denies their ability to activate on him or his clones))
C*) Decoy: (Circling the scene and checking on the prisoner navi and the caged viruses, keeping an eye out for any other reinforcements.)
C1) Trap(Incoming Attack against CourseMan): Multi-Stage: First (Dodge + Decoy(1 round)), Then (10Aqua, Shot-Type x2 Hits, A)
C*) If triggered, secondary Decoy behaviour: Side-step opposite of Courser's own dodge and tease the attacker.
C2) Needler2HP: 80
Properties: Normal, Mobile
Object Damage: 80 Null + Impact + Break
Damage Method: Ramming attack, Telekinesis, Throw
Attack Damage: 40 Null x 2 hits x 3 Targets
Description: Summons a gun platform that attacks up to 3 separate targets each turn with its trio of double spike cannons. It can also perform a defense piercing kamikaze attack.
Duration: Until destroyed.
Special: This chip's accuracy cannot be boosted or reduced by any means, including RP quality.
- This object may ram a target instead of firing needles, but is instantly destroyed in exchange.
- This object may dodge by trying to ram nothing, but if it hits something in this way, it is still destroyed and deals object damage.
(40 x2 Hits, x3 Targets, A) @ Magnum (Not the heel, in this case)
C3) TankCannon1Damage: 80 / 80 + Blast 2
Accuracy: A / C
Description: An enormous cannon whose ammunition can be altered to either a single high accuracy shot, or a low accuracy shot that can explode to hit several enemies.
Special: Dual Mode: This chip has two separate modes of operation. The user may pick which one they wish to use at the time of activation.
(80, A) @ Magnum
C4) AquaNeedle2Damage: 30 x 3 Needles + Variable Targeting + Drop Attack
Accuracy: B
Description: Three needles drop on enemies
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Special: Drop Attack: This attack originates above the battlefield, and falls to the ground. It gains one rank of accuracy against High Altitude targets.
(40Aqua x3 hits, Drop Attack, B) @ Magnum
C5) MomograHP: 60
Damage: 15 + Backstab
Description: Creats a Momogra virus to aid you. Attacks with a shovel from behind, and has a constant Mole status that ignores terrain solidness when not attacking (unless the panel currently does not exist). Still affected by other effects of panels.
Special: Allied Virus: This virus has two actions per turn, and is fully controllable by the summoner. If no orders are given, it will perform actions at random, but will never intentionally interfere with or damage the summoner or their allies. Deleting this virus will grant no additional rewards to either side.
(15, Backstab, B) @ Magnum if it's not destroyed, otherwise begin trying to get the cage open.
C6) Attempt to grab Heel navi (if the Magnum is destroyed) and pin him over the TimeBomb, then chat.
Courser, being the dandy he was, quickly lashed out at the virus in a way to cause the MagnumGuard to flinch, even as the heelnavi was recoiling in fear at his words, the dandy summoned up himself some help. The help immediately impaling the virus thrice as it shook off the ice that clung to it, Courseman's Timebomb ticking down audibly as the Heel panicked at the eventual explosion at this rate. Holding up his weapon, he made his move and began to take aim, sending a blast of pressurized water at the bomb, just narrowly hitting his ally in the process. But as the Magnum turned to face the newly formed ally, an explosion blasted it in the back as it began charging it's main cannons, deleting it immediately with little fanfare, the Spikey immediately barking happily in it's cage whilst the Metool meeped happily, slowly but surely the Navi next to the cage began to come to, turning to Courser with a silent thank you before passing out again for the time being. Even as the rewards from the fight began to appear for his PET to suck them up, Courser had other ideas in mind.

Slammed up against the time bomb before he could even attempt to escape, the heel began to scream as the bomb's body began to press firmly into his back, partially in pain, partially in surprise. L-Look man! I ain't here because I wanted to be, my op's outta money and needed some quick cash! That bitch, He-Hevari, she's fuckin insane! She outright deleted anyone who voiced their distaste during and after ransacking the village! The Heel immediately began, as Courser's Mole companion began to free the viruses, knocking the lock off the cage in one fell swoop and immediately letting loose two VERY pissed off viruses, the Spikey growling loudly as it came to Courser's aid, the Metool brandishing it's pickaxe extremely closely to the navi's eyes. Th-There were a couple dozen viruses we took, these two included! There was also a good half dozen or so navis we grabbed along the way, all unoperated. Look, we heels don't normally take on elements either, this entire thing? The bubbles, the water, everything was a mutation she and her cronies forced on the rest of us...fuck man, some of us were outright deleted after the "patches" she force installed on us failed. And...I don't know how many of those viruses or navis are left, she began experimenting on them immediately afterwards! She even dumped the "failures" out here, I think there's a few up the path here! She...she tried fusing navis with viruses...she's FUCKED in the head beyond what ANY of us thought she was doing! He stammered, all the while he had a navi and two viruses breathing down his neck, intent to kill palpable. If Courser wanted, he could EJO this navi in one fell swoop at this point with the viruses helping just that much more if he so wished and take whatever the navi could drop.

-- Viruses --

: BOOM BABY!

Aqua-Heel: 250 HP (In the open)(Ice)
BasherBasher (Basher)

-- Navis --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (Where BMD was at)(Normal)(Barrier40)(Casing10)
Spikey: 90 HP
Metool: 40 HP

-- Terrain --
5% Missing
  • EJO if you fall in.
15% Cracked
35% Ice
15% Normal
  • No effects.
30% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.
(Where Magnum and MagnumGuard V2 hit)

-- Objects --
BMD: OPENED (Reward after battle: 7000z)
VirusCage: OPENED
TimeBomb1HP: 100
: 80 HP (In front of MagnumGuard V2) (Count: 1)
Needler1HP: 60
Object Damage: 60 Null + Impact + Break
Attack Damage: 30 Null x 2 hits x 3 Targets
Description: Summons a gun platform that attacks up to 3 separate targets each turn with its trio of double spike cannons. It can also perform a defense piercing kamikaze attack.
Special: This chip's accuracy cannot be boosted or reduced by any means, including RP quality.
- This object may ram a target instead of firing needles, but is instantly destroyed in exchange.
- This object may dodge by trying to ram nothing, but if it hits something in this way, it is still destroyed and deals object damage.
: 80 HP

Battle win!
Rewards: +1 Basher bounty, 5250z, 13 Bugfrags
Holding the navi over his ticking explosive, and keeping his face pressed the display, Courser listened tot he Heel ramble in a hurry. As the last seconds ticked down, Courser met eyes with his bested foe, one hand pulling a long-handed sledge from the black-shadowed waters swelling behind him. He smirked, then brought the hammer down with a forceful slam; close to the navi's head, but not close enough. Instead, he struck the sea mine itself, driving the shattering hammer-blow into the digital display and destroying the explosive just before it could go off. As it dissolved into black water, the navi was left to fall forward with a wet splat.

“Get out of here then. Go. Maybe make some better choices in the future.” He stood back, giving the navi a chance to remove himself from the network, then nodded towards his clones and allies and turned his attention to the formerly caged navi and the branded viruses nearby. While his clone took a wide circle around the area, scanning for hostiles, the mole instead turned its attention to the other two viruses, chattering to them quickly. The transition from viral base to sanitised chip platform didn't seem to have created any kind of communication barrier at least. Courser left it to try to calm them down while he passed out the keys needed for them all to get home.

“Jen, have you got that restore handy again?” He reached out to rouse the injured navi, and as he did a softer light blue shade of flowing water encircled his hand, passing across to the injured navi as he tried to bring him back to proper awareness. “Hey friend. That should get you on your feet for now, but there's folks waiting for you back home. I'm going after the rest, so if you know anything that'll help, now's the time.”

“Are we not going to talk about... um... Courser, that was dark, just then. Like, really dark.” Off to the side, while Courser was still focused on interacting with the injured navigator and making sure they could get home safely, the main decoy stopped in his patrol and shrugged, flexing his arms behind his head.

“Ah, don't sweat it. Boss-man was just playin' a part. It was just acting.”
“... Okay...” She didn't sound convinced. “Well, er, that data crystal had a huge amount of zenny in it... so, um, according to the list, I can go make another run now already. Are you going to be okay for a minute, Courser?” Absently, Courser lifted and waved one hand. “... Okay... well, I'll be back in a minute.” A moment later the now familiar sense of her wireless link disengaging clicked over as Jenny left the cafe again and started another shop run.
Immediately running as fast as he could, the Heel immediately got out of dodge, jacking out almost immediately afterwards.

Slowly but surely the navi roused itself after Courser's triage, the navi slowly getting to their feet as they began to speak. "Thank you, kind sir. I...was not expecting to be saved like this." They began, unsteady on their feet to begin with as they leaned on the now empty cage. "I assume you know the gist of what's been happening, so I won't bore you with the details. But...Hevari continued to head north, dropping her "abominations" off along the way. I am one of the few who managed to slip away despite everything...you can see how far that got me..." They continued to speak, the two viruses talking to Courser's summoned mole all the same, seemingly having a content conversation between the three of them, light barks and meeps coming from the two as the Spikey gave the summoned Momogra a thank-you lick on the cheek, wagging it's tail before walking back over to the two navis and of course, giving Courser the same lick to the cheek. "Hehe...she's saying Thank-You. But...on the topic of those...things Hevari made...there's a few not far from here...please...there's no hope for them to return to normal, all you can do is...is put them out of their pain...Hevari made sure they couldn't self-delete...she's a monster." They continued on, petting the side of the Spikey's head, giving her a gentle kiss on the forehead. "But I sadly don't know much more...wait, there's one last thing...Hevari also fused them with chip data, think it was three apiece. So when you're...putting them down...they use them freely, though from what the heels said as they got hit by them, they're definitely not full power chip attacks. So something to be wary of, no telling what they can use when you're doing the deed." They finished, letting out a sigh.

Meanwhile as Courser's clone was moving a bit forward, the Navi's words turned out to be true. Not far off, writhing...blobs...of navi and virus data were seen milling about. Little more than piles of living data, they seemed to have no autonomy, moving and doing anything purely by instinct as hands, heads, legs and everything else imaginable were bobbing about as they moved, a red trail of slime and blood data...as well as what looked to be less than "acceptable" parameters of data degradation, even if self deletion wasn't a possibility for them, they were going to die before long, fingers and small pieces of viral data dropping from them as moments passed. "I know she's not too horribly far away too, they set up camp not too horribly far away...something on the borders of Normal and Rogue nets...something has Hevari spooked, so she isn't making the transition between nets yet. If you hurry, you might be able to keep her from moving between nets and maybe even get her arrested...though she alone is tough, she's even operated, as crazy as that sounds."
Still wary, Courser's extra eyes watched the surrounds while he listed and made sure the other navi was at least steady. The story that he heard more or less matched up with the worst of what he'd been expecting, but as horrible as it was, the reassurance that there wasn't anything more to be done for them than putting an end to it made certain decisions easier for him. He nodded one more time, then briefly had to right himself from the attentions of the grateful Spikey. Despite himself, it brought a smirk and a small chuckle to his lips.

“Okay, okay... easy... Alright. I'm going to head on then, and I'll do what I can. Get yourself and your friends home.” He made sure that he'd given the navi the right envelope and everything else they needed to get the tame viruses back as well, but winced halfway through even as the sense data from his decoy preceded the call out.

“Oi, boss! Found the trail, if you want to call it that. We're going have some work to do before long.” The clone had turned back briefly to shout, but surfed forward again to fix its attention back on the distant masses. Courser gave the navi one last pat across the shoulder, and the viruses a quick ruffle each, before turning to surf forward and catch up with his decoy.

“Okay, let's see if we can do this safely, but quickly. I think I'd rather catch this particular agent before she slips away... these ones don't seem too active yet, might be able to just get their attention one at a time, or in small groups, rather than agitating them all at once. Come on.” Courser moved forward, circling to the left as he began to approach the distant shapes, while his decoy paused, hands behind his head and a derisive laugh driftign across the tundra.

“Hah... bloody Mafia goon with a heart of gold. Get yourself killed more like... What a bloody idiot....” After a second it followed along, peeling along the same leftward curve and trying to assess the group.

((Moving on; approaching and assessing the forward group))
((First post without operation))
As the navi took the envelope, it and the two viruses were sent away, a trio of dings in the back of Courser's head indicating they had gotten back safely before he headed on, and before long found the moving shapes along the snow ahead of him. He didn't need to go too far before he could see them in much more grotesque detail. Each blob of data continuing to mill about, half-digested-looking navi heads, Commercial and Heel bouncing lightly on the very tip top of the blob. As they moved, the bloodied snow was quickly replaced with fresh powder despite it constantly happening, but regardless of such, they groaned out in cacophony of voices, each at different pitches, all the while viral tongue added into the garbled cries of navis in pain. All the while they each had different parts of viruses inside them, some from off-network.

All the while, a quartet of Rockcubes teleported in. All in a X-esque shape as Courser observed the creatures of misfortune, a shotgun blast rang out from the south, nearly hitting Courser in the leg as fresh powder flooded across his senses, one of the blobs holding onto the barrel of the weapon, it seemed despite it's wishes to die, it was still going to be hostile. And unfortunately, the rest began to follow suit, sword, gun and even shields began to appear across their bodies. Thankfully, he had time to escape before the battle started, but at the same time, going around the creatures in his way would likely take more time than simply fighting through them. Despite the distance, he could still get a general idea of their power, they seemed to be about on par HP-wise with the Heelnavis he had been fighting through to this point, but despite that, they may have had more tricks up their self-digesting sleeves beyond what they looked like they had.

-- Dying to die --
AbominationA: 250 HP (Roughly middle of the area)(Equipped with Half-Digested WideSwordDamage: 80 + Slashing + Wide Attack
Description: Creates a sword made of solidified energy, with a thick blade perfect for wide slashes. Can hit up to 3 targets per slash with good RP.
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 3 swings.
)(Two other chips in reserve)(Seems to have Metool helmets and Metocks embedded inside it's body)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(???)
AbominationB: 250 HP (Near RockcubeB)(Equipped with Half-eaten Guard1)(Two other chips in reserve)(Spikey legs and Walla Teeth floating within the viscous membrane)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(Slipery Movement: Movements count as double for travel)
AbominationC: 250 HP (About a Feint away from AbominationA)(Equipped with Ruined Shotgun)(Two chips in reserve)(Sparky bits floating inside, has Magtect Wings)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(MagWing: Floatshoes-like effect, can be disabled)

-- Executioner? --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (The South-Westernmost part of the area)(Still able to escape without penalty or escape rolls)

-- Terrain --
100% Snow
  • Non-Aqua Elementals get -10% Evasion and reduced movement speed.
  • Wind attacks: +100% Source Damage. Imbue Aqua if Null. Change terrain hit to Ice for 1 turn after turn hit, then back to Snow.
  • Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Ice, generate Frosty Mist: -10% Accuracy for Non-Aqua Elementals, +10% evasion against Non-Aqua Elementals, Freeze1 effect for any Aqua or Wind attacks.
(Unless otherwise noted, you are on this)

-- Terrain --
RockCubeHP: 200
Properties: Normal
Object Damage: 200 + Impact
Damage Method: Throw, Knockback, Microburst, Pull, Gravity, Telekinesis
Accuracy: Special
Description: Creates a RockCube on the field directly before you.
Duration: Until end of battle or destroyed.
A: 200 HP (Middle of the field, dead center)
B: 200 HP (Diagonally towards the North-West)
C: 200 HP (Diagonally towards the South-East)
D: 200 HP (Diagonally towards the North-East)
E: 200 HP (Towards Corser's left in the South-West)

-- Battle 14 Ready? Start? --
As he drew closer, courser and his primary decoy both let their wave whips uncoil from each hand as the water current lifted up fresh mists to encompass the pair. The decoy kept to the inside as they began to circle near them, gradually splitting apart from one another. The clone slipped in close enough to get attention, but made an obvious bee line for one of the near rock cubes, taking shelter behind it as it made the appearance of drawing up a fresh field of rushing water between itself and the mangled entities.

Further out, Courser himself had also brought up his right hand, channelling the water whip into the high pressure guard that send water pressing outward at the boss and rushing to the edges before cycling back around. He watched the creatures carefully, trying to assess the safest way to deal with them. One had a variety of uncomfortably electrical bits, and he made a note to stay away from that one at least. The first attempt against him, rather than his clone, he was ready for even without Jenny backing him up; when the first split was triggered, Courser himself intended to continue forward, while he sent the fresh decoy to roll aside, then pick itself up and dash for cover behind a different cube to the first one, they'd both be taking small tracer shots at whatever attacked a they went, hopefully throwing more confusion into the mix; each shot was only a small pellet of frigid, high pressure water, but each one at last had the chance, in this weather, of causing bigger problems for any target they struck.

Even as he planned, his normal combat levity was replaced by a quiet, focused expression that he and all his copies shared. This sight was too unsettling and violating to make jokes about, or mock; better to get it dealt with as swiftly as he could. He checked the line again, but Jenny still hadn't reestablished the link at the cafe. One eye from at least one decoy stayed focused on the creature with the guard shield still poking out of it; her was taking small pot shots hoping for a quick freeze up on each of the poor creatures, but he remained ready to throw himself aside for any retaliations that chips like that wold be likely to throw his way. Speed was important, but there was no sense not being careful as well.

He refreshed his mists in between preparing another response for another contingency. He could make out some of the viral bits and pieces, but they had chips as well, and he had no way of telling which ones Hevari had jammed into them; threads of darkness leached up from the waters he coasted on and coiled down his left whip; something in there was going to mess with his favourite tricks sooner or later, but he was ready for that too; if anyone tried to seek out his true self by cheating, the darkened whip was ready to launch a glob of dark, inky water and blind the prying eyes. When it happened, if it did, he braced himself to split off a third image of himself – though three was his limit for now and the strain had a tendency to make his thoughts slip; the third decoy was more likely to leap up onto a nearby cube, rather than hiding behind it, and place its hands on its hips to glare at the three ruined beings.

“Oi! I'm trying to help you lot here... This is only going to take longer if you keep trying to peek behind the curtain, you hear? Give it a rest and stop shooting my darn doubles, alright?” The loud call out was likely to draw a side eye from Courser himself; so much for not mocking them.

Either way, once he had positioned as well as he could, each decoy that had made it so far, as well as Courser himself popped up from their various cover points, arms outstretched as a scattering of water shots pelted across the field from every angle. Most of the shots were illusory, crating a war-zone hail of spray, but within the scattering several genuine bolts of freezing water struck out at each of the abominations, seeking to spread ever more ice and rime across them and slow them down. The decoys, those that remains, ducked back into hiding behind various cubes after the attack ended, but Courser himself continued to circle, waiting for Jenny to return while he kept multiple sets of eyes on his targets from different angles.

-=Summary=-

((Second post without operation))
C*) Decoy: (taking the inside line, and leaving Courser the outer path; moving in closer and seeking shelter behind one of the cubes)
C1) Shield NCP (2-Hit Shield)
C2) Forked Streams (Trap(Incoming Attack against CourseMan): Multi-Stage: First (Dodge + Decoy(1 round)), Then (10Aqua, Shot-Type x2 Hits, A)
C*) If triggered, secondary Decoy behaviour: Rolled to the side and mirror Courser in taking the retaliation shots, then move perpendicular as though racing for cover behind a cube.
C3) Dodge (with an eye towards Guards or other retaliations from his own attacks)
C4) No Peeking (Counter(Nullify or Seeking Attack directed against CourseMan or any of his decoys): (First: (Blind + Disarm, Shot-Type), Then (Decoy(1 round))
C*) If triggered, No Peeking Decoy behaviour: More overt; hoping up onto one cube to scold the blobs for trying to shoot his clones.
C5) Solo Teamwork (10Aqua, x 2 Hits, x 4 Targets, Shot-Type, A) all targets
C6) Movement: circling around the outer proximity of the abominations, leftward.
With a squelching noise, one of the poor creatures began to follow the clone's movements despite it's range from the navi himself, turning it's detatched head in a way that indicated...confusion? Regardless, the abomination began to investigate, the sword bobbing up and down as it began to make it's movement towards where his clone went. The other two, however, were completely fixated on the real Courser, probably for the best though, even as it began to leave tiny "presents" as the sword wielding one moved.

As Courser got his trap up, he was soon met with an annoyance, the Guard-wielding abomination quickly producing a blast of fire akin to the Spikey-Family, sending it directly at Courser's body, but fortunately for the navi, the shot went wide and hit the snow nearby immediately turning it into Ice and with it, a frosty mist permiating the area around it, though it wouldn't do Courser much good at this point unless he moved directly into it. The abominations that still had their eye on Courser's real form began to take aim towards the man himself and with it, the one with wings immediately took out a pair of massive electrical magnets and shot them directly towards the man himself, who in a lucky dodge as the missiles directed themselves to one another and exploded right behind him.

As the creature with a sword made it's way towards the face Courser, it immediately took a swing at the navi and rockcube he hunkered down behind, sending a wide slash of energy towards him and the Rockcube, bisecting the clone without a second thought and leaving a gash in the cube itself, leaving the creature to screech in anger waving the sword at Courser. Meanwhile he began to pelt the entirety of the viral group with attacks with his own signature, though unfortunately for him, one managed to miss it's intended target while another was blocked by the shield it wielded, though curiously it only went dark and didn't disipate from the impact of the attack, let alone reflect the attack back at Courser, and indeed the equipped abomination began to screech in pain as the water attack hit it's body, steam eminating off of it from the hit it took. In retaliation, the shotgun wielding Abomination took aim at Courser again and with it, managed to stay on target long enough for the navi to slyly evade the attack in it's entirety, his decoy evacuating from the side of him and a pair of attacks hitting directly on point and his clone moving along the side, most likely towards the nearby rockcube...and with it, the heatshot using creature attempting to attack it, destroying the clone in it's entirety and causing another instance of Ice Paneling and Icy Fogging. Thankfully, he got off pretty easy as he made his move and getting towards the back-middle of the area for the time being, still well out of range of getting a sword in the gut. But as he made his move, his eye caught on the Guard that had been used, it's color slowly coming back to normal as if it had never been used...cheeky, Hevari, very cheeky.

-- Dying to die --
AbominationA: 220 HP (Roughly middle of the area)(Equipped with Half-Digested WideSwordDamage: 80 + Slashing + Wide Attack
Description: Creates a sword made of solidified energy, with a thick blade perfect for wide slashes. Can hit up to 3 targets per slash with good RP.
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 3 swings.
)(Two other chips in reserve)(Seems to have Metool helmets and Metocks embedded inside it's body)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(???)
AbominationB: 210 HP (Near RockcubeB)(Equipped with Half-eaten Guard1Effect: (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect(up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack): On Hit)
Description: Generates a 1-Hit Shield upon activation. When this shield blocks one hit from a non-Break attack, it responds with a hyper-fast damage ray.
Duration: Until broken or overridden.
Special: Negated by Break. Ignores Impact.
Special: Reflect: Damage returned is equal to the damage of the attack blocked or the damage cap listed, whichever comes first. Reflect is not subject to negation by Impact.
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
Trader Rank: E
)(Two other chips in reserve)(Spikey legs and Walla Teeth floating within the viscous membrane)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(Slipery Movement: Movements count as double for travel)
AbominationC: 190 HP (About a Feint away from AbominationA)(Equipped with Ruined ShotgunDamage: 50 + Spread 1
Description: A gun whose shot penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Trader Rank: E
)(Two chips in reserve)(Sparky bits floating inside, has Magtect Wings)(Self Deleting: -10 HP per action)(MagWing: Floatshoes-like effect, can be disabled)

-- Executioner? --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (roughly South-middle part of the area)(Barrier40)(Casing10)(Shield2)(Trap: No Peeking)

-- Terrain --
95% Snow
  • Wind attacks: +100% Source Damage. Imbue Aqua if Null. Change terrain hit to Ice for 1 turn after turn hit, then back to Snow.
  • Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Ice, generate Frosty Mist: -10% Accuracy for Non-Aqua Elementals, +10% evasion against Non-Aqua Elementals, Freeze1 effect for any Aqua or Wind attacks.
5% Ice
(Roughly a feint away from Courser's original position)

-- Terrain --
C: 160 HP (Diagonally towards the South-East)
E: 200 HP (Diagonally towards the South-West)

Observations

-Unfortunately for Courser, the Abominations still cling to their basest half-viral roots and will attempt to delete any navigators in the area, fake or not in spite of their painful existence.

-The Abominations are able to use Tier 1 EX-level virus attacks dependant on the viral parts inside them for an action, it is still unknown if these attacks are full power Tier 1 EX-Level attacks or are deminished in power like the chips they wield. It is unknown if they are able to ONLY use those or if they can use other virus attacks in spite of this.

-The chips the viruses use have half power, unfortunately they seem to be able to use them multiple times even if the chip was not made with multiple uses.

-Due to it's degredated state, the Guard1 does not have the power to reflect attacks. Still, it acts as a 1-hit shield and refreshes at the start of each turn. Breaking attacks may very well destroy the shield in it's entirety should one with a high enough damage threshold hit.

-The Abominations have elemental affinites. A is seemingly neutral, B Fire and C is seemingly Elec.
Cautiously keeping his shield forward, Courser assessed what he'd learned of the three creatures while they milled about. Just as he was planning his next steps, Jenny's voice cut into his awareness.

“Oh eww... what are those? I can't even get a clear reading on them.” She sounded morbidly curious at the same time as being disgusted and Courser grimaced.

“The failures, apparently. Welcome back. Let's put them out of their misery a bit more quickly, now that you're here.” He heard a pained sound escape from his operator at his blunt explanation, before she gave him a quick, more serious affirmative. He focused then let one wave whip curl down to the snow and spread dark, shadowed water into it. Over in the centre of the group of abominations, a black pool formed and spread, before the water swelled and surged up, giving shape to his favoured distraction weapon. The needler took form, immediately beginning to spin in place and salvo its projectiles at the three masses. Just off to one side, a fresh Courser double leapt over one of the rock cubes, sliding as he ran in towards the centre as well. It moved about the unguarded back side of the needler, one hand holding a watery-looking blade, while it fended with a rushing water shield in the other hand, making a show of protecting the turret as it fired.

Courser himself crouched low, giving the distraction a moment to do its work, before he dashed in quickly, boosted along each stride by the current at his feet as he ran. Within a moment, he was crossing the middle of the area, standing straight long enough to tap the top of the needle turret; mist and water circled up his body, refreshing his own protectives even as a fresh growth of fluid began to take form on top of the platform; the square-shaped, blockier explosive solidified out of the black shadows, no timer or any other indication of when exactly it might go off.

Courser was still moving, and didn't stop even for a moment as he let his pace carry him through to the far side of the field, then out and around, circling as he searched for the right angle. Dark shadows enveloped his form as he moved clear of the central group, and in between the haze and mist he faded largely from sight.

As he circled, Courser lined up the central explosive with as many of the writhing shapes as he could; the explosion itself was at least passably wide, and it would trace all the way through, so he took the extra moment to find the most effective line, before putting out his hand and calling a different explosive into shape. This one was the shaped charge, and it sent out a laser trip line as soon as it solidified, settling its waiting beam onto the bomb itself, if, none of the shapeless creatures managed to writhe across it first. Courser gave it a second or two, just to see, but if none of them triggered it in another moment, he just waved his own hand in front of the sensor and stood back.

-=Summary=-

C1) Needler2HP: 80
(Summoned in the centre of the group)
C*) Needler: (40 x 2 shots, x3 targets, A), at all three.
C*) Decoy: (Moves out from 'behind' a cube to 'help' the needler in the middle and 'protect' the bomb with its 'shield')
C2) Movement (In to the centre)
C3) BoyBomb1HP: 100
Object Damage: 220 + Blast3
Attack Damage: 220 + Blast3
Accuracy: Not Applicable
Description: Creates a BoyBomb1 on the field directly before you. The bomb may be pushed around until the end of the turn. The bomb will explode at the beginning of the following turn, dealing extremely heavy damage to anything nearby. Be somewhere else when that happens....
Duration: Until destroyed or the beginning of next turn.
Special: If enough damage is dealt to this object to destroy it, it will immediately explode instead.
(in the middle as well, intended to be in range of all 3)
C4) Movement (back out again, with some curving as necessary for the next set-up)
C5) Murky Deception (Shadow, 2 rounds, Self + Self-Slow2 for one round)
C6) Dynamite1HP: 100
Properties: Light
Object Damage: 100 Null + Blast2
Damage Method: Throw, Knockback, Microburst, Telekinesis, Gust
Attack Damage: 100 Null + Blast2 + Line Attack + Seeking
Accuracy: D (thrown) / A (trigger)
Description: Sets a lightweight laser trip bomb. When something crosses the sensor beam, the bomb detonates a shaped charge that blasts an entire line. It can see through Invisibility. This weapon is very dangerous to use, caution is advised.
Duration: Until destroyed or until it attacks.
Special: Laser TAG: Attack triggers when something moves through the targeting laser beam, no matter who or what that may be.
(placed to line up with the BoyBomb, and one of the abominations, ideally two if the radius of the through-line can clip them)
Summoning his trusty Needler before the group of thee could potentially recover and attack the navi, the creature sending out a group of needles all across the field, though most struck their targets, the Guard wielding aberration attempted to angle the guard downwards to catch the attack, failing miserably as the one towards the Rockcube in the South-Eastern sector of the field managed to be in a way to avoid one of the salvos of needles, though they all took a hit all the same. As his Decoy made it's way out to "protect" the summoned help, a shotgun and Heatshot ringing out almost immediately in retaliation as they attempted to attack the creature and "Courser", both shots dinging into both targets with little resistance and outright obliterating the poor summoned help in return, a frothy mist rising up as Courser managed to make his way into the mist whist the aberrations were distracted by the seeming victory over Courser as the one near where the last clone had been slain teleporting over towards the group, holding it's sword aloft in faux-victory...then the sizzle of a bomb caught their attention within the misty fog that had been created, Courser having managed to create a bomb out of the remains of the Needler that he had summoned as a distraction.

Immediately at the sound of this, the creature swung it's sword through the mist, managing to cut through to Courser between the mist and it's own after-effects of the AreaGrab it had used, effectively negating loss and bonuses, it's sword cutting against Courser's Barrier and destroying it completely, missing the bomb in the process. The other two, despite this info, trained their weapons on Courser and before they could hit him, his Barrier regenerated, casing solidified and, unfortunately for them, he had managed to curve his way out of their way with his movement, the bomb practically ticking down in front of them as they began to panic, searching for him as he had gotten himself ready for the blast he was getting ready. And unfortunately, even as they shot out at him with the same duo of attacks, both were blocked by his defenses, one with his shield and the other with the newly refreshed Barrier. And then Boom Went the Dynamite, it's trigger cut through the area, the BoyBomb that had been set and with it, their existence annihilated, Bugfrags littering the area and with them, Zenny...and a battle chip, though hard to tell if it was on the virus or it was just degredated enough to count as a different one...and a bounty for the local Basher population? Guess they had some basher between the three of them.

-- Dying to die --
AbominationA: DEAD
AbominationB: DEAD
AbominationC: DEAD

-- Executioner? --
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (roughly South-middle part of the area)(Casing10)(Shield1)(Trap: No Peeking)
Needler2HP: 80
: DELETED

-- Terrain --
95% Snow
10% Ice
(Roughly a feint away from Courser's original position and near RockcubeA)

-- Terrain --
C: 160 HP (Diagonally towards the South-East)
E: 200 HP (Diagonally towards the South-West)

Observations

-Unfortunately for Courser, the Abominations still cling to their basest half-viral roots and will attempt to delete any navigators in the area, fake or not in spite of their painful existence.

-The Abominations are able to use Tier 1 EX-level virus attacks dependant on the viral parts inside them for an action, it is still unknown if these attacks are full power Tier 1 EX-Level attacks or are deminished in power like the chips they wield. It is unknown if they are able to ONLY use those or if they can use other virus attacks in spite of this.

-The chips the viruses use have half power, unfortunately they seem to be able to use them multiple times even if the chip was not made with multiple uses.

-Due to it's degredated state, the Guard1 does not have the power to reflect attacks. Still, it acts as a 1-hit shield and refreshes at the start of each turn. Breaking attacks may very well destroy the shield in it's entirety should one with a high enough damage threshold hit.

-The Abominations have elemental affinites. A is seemingly neutral, B Fire and C is seemingly Elec.

-Abomination A had an AreaGrab, though seemingly could only use it once? Hard to tell. YOU ANNIHILATED IT'S EXISTENCE.

Battle 14 victory!

5600z, 9 Bugfrags, +1 Basher bounty, SwordDamage: 80 + Slashing
Description: Creates a sword made of solidified energy, with a very short blade. Hits one target per slash
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 6 swings.
With the explosion chain detonating in the midst of the mutilated beings, Courser kept one pair of eyes focused on the aftermath form afar until he was certain that nothing else was moving. When he was sure it was clear, he moved in again to search the remnants briefly for salvage and possible clues. There was a decent amount of the former, but little of the latter. With a harsh sigh he turned and began to surf north again, following the original trail as quickly as he could.

“Jen, I'm going to try to catch this other navi before she conducts any more of her experiments. She's mafia, so there's a chance it could get genuinely dangerous for me... but potentially for her too. If it means putting proper stop to this horror, then it's a risk I'll take.” He scanned the snow field for any sign of his quarry while he waited for her answer.

“You're meaning those mafia barrier things? Courser, no, don't be mad. That's way above us, isn't it? This is just meant to be a training run and clearing your head, I thought!” An edge of sudden panic was in her voice, and for a moment he thought that she might be about to jack him out there and then. He tried to make his answer as reassuring as he could.

“I'm not going to bring it up, or try to goad her into it, Jen, I promise, and if she's as self-serving and self-preserving as some of these heels have said, then she might not even consider it. It probably won't come up at all, I just wanted to warn you.” He wasn't sure if she was going to buy it, but he needed her with him all the way on it if they were going to try at all.

“You can chase her, Course,r but I'm not okay with that. If it looks like she's going to do something like that, I'm pulling you out before she can. No arguments.”

“Jen...”

“No. I don't know what's gotten into your head lately, Courser, but I'm worried about you. I've heard you talk about taking risks and putting your life in danger for others a lot in the past couple of weeks, and unless you're going to tell me what that's about right now, then I'm not going to let you risk a fight in a barrier like that.” At her sharp tone, Courser suppressed the urge to wince; he could tell that no matter what she said now or he said in return, she wasn't going to let him do that anyway. He sighed.

“I don't know myself, Jen, I honestly don't. But okay, no risks... Just let me at least try to put a stop to whatever she's up to for now, alright? I'm going to need your help.” There was a pause, and the sound of a straw sucking up the bottom of a tall drink.

“Alright, but I'm watching you.”
“Good.”

In silence, then, he pushed on, surfing across the snow as he raced to find any more survivors, prisoners, or his quarry.

((Ready for Battle 15))
Continuing along after committing his Mercy Kills, Courser would soon find himself deeper and deeper into the network and as he crested a large hill overlooking a small area in the recesses of a gorge down below, his eyes finding a large group of caravan carts...and a massive congregation of Heelnavis...in the same colors and schemes as the elemental heelnavis he has gotten used to seeing in the past while. But before he could make his way down a large pass curling it's way down to the bottom of the gorge...a mass of howling in viral tongue before being beset by a massive Spikey in it's own right, MUCH bigger than the SpikeyAlpha he had come across earlier in his run.

Three heads set upon the massive light-crimson torso as dark cherry-red legs held up the massive beast, ebony claws scraping across the fresh snow as it rushed Courser in a frenzy. Knife-sharp pearly white teeth in all three of the beast's mouths as it attempted to chomp down upon his head, narrowly missing as Courser ducked and made his way back just a bit. The beast's tail swaying round and round as it loomed down upon him, twice and more his size as battle routines flared up and a comms window flashing to life near the creature's leftmost head. A scarred and worn plague doctor's mask staring down at Courser, ruby red eyes glinting behind them behind a pair of glasses, little more could be discerned from the screen as a feminine and harsh voice sounded out.

So. You're the little pest getting in my way. Scrawny...but you seem to be quick on your feet. I believe I heard your name through the coms...CourseMan? Courser? Bah. It matters not. The voice spoke, haughty and full of itself as a black gloved hand waved away the idea of the navi's name. I hope you enjoyed my handiwork, Cerberus here is part of that. Some of my more recent work. Hehehee!~ Hope you don't mind being a snack for him, it's been a while since he's had a good meal of something like yourself! But if you should live, I'll be more than happy to meet you face to face~ Tata for now! She continued, hands cupping together and wringing themselves as the screen flickered away, the virus howling out as combat began, an aura flaring to life from around the beast.

Crazed Beast of Legend
Cerberus.Virus: 450 HP (FireAura40) (In front of Courser) (Snow)

Fighter Against Crazed Schemes
Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (In front of Cerberus) (Snow)

Field Specs
100% Snow

There is a large road going down into a gorge, but is inaccessable for the time being due to the metavirus in front of Courser. Otherwise, the field is about four movements large and three movements wide, freshly made snow as far as the eye can see.
Courser drew up short as the way forward was blocked by a new foe; despite a few quips coming to mind, neither he nor either of his doubles wasted any effort on responding to the likely prerecorded message. Instead, he kept his expression friendly and with a wry, lop-sided grin until the video vanished. She already knew his name, which meant she'd been listening in somehow on other conversations during his outing so far, but it was a thought for later... right now Hevari's favoured project was being unduly aggressive. Mist encircled him as the beast's howl shook the surrounds, but Courser was already moving; light and loose on his feet, sometimes surfing water currents for a glide or two, sometimes kicking into running steps, but always circling a sit came on; the grin didn't falter as he rand to the left and right, both versions of him circling in opposite directions.

“Hey pup, want to play that bad, huh? Come on, this way.” The left-tracing Courser winked and took a quick spin as he strafed, showing his back for a moment before gliding back around.

“We could play fetch. I'll throw things in three direction, and we'll see what happens, right? It'll be fun!” The right Courser called this out with cupped hands from the other side. Whichever CourseMan took the beast's fancy first would be hard to pin down; as usual, even if it had a go at the real one, that courser would just split again, spinning away from the bite and continuing to circle; one would continue circling around, which the other would roll back, and circle back the way it had just come. The moment of the split would see each body flinging a bead of water back at the creature; more an annoyance than anything else, but still potentially useful amidst the ice and snow.

As they positioned each Courser that remained slowed to a more defensible stance, the rushing water from one wave whip each gathering up into a mass that became a wide, outward rushing shield of water pressure.

“Come on then... What you got, big guy?” One CourseMan clapped his free hand against his leg in a playful gesture, though he was still keeping the shield up firmly between them. Off to the other side, the other Courser addressed a different Cerberus head.

“What's it like hanging out with those two all the time, huh? I can't imagine what again it must be to have two more of yourself always kicking around in your head space like that. Do you never get any privacy? That must really give you a headache...”

While they spoke, a black pool spread out on the back angle of the massive creature, snow becoming dark waters for long enough to give rise to the familiar shape of the needle turret that had proven a valuable distraction many times over now. As it took form, it spun in place once, barrels revving up as it shook off the remaining water and solidified, and fired a quick double shot of razor flechettes at the creature, aiming to puncture its outer aura first of all. If the virus entity had called friends the turret had enough targeting array for two more things, but short of that it winged its remaining rounds past either of the creatures side heads instead.

Courser responded at the same rough moment, each of his remaining selves whipping and circling their wave whips in an arc and flicking them skyward as the frosty mist around them refreshed and reformed; within each wave whip, a thinner, more tightly constrained shard of high pressure water condensed down into a thin needle, before tearing upward and free of the whip and launching in an arc that thundered down in the creature's vicinity as well.

Even as they struck, the CourseMen were ready and prepared for any retaliation, though bit by bit they were seeking to freeze up and lock down the virus as they tested its capabilities cautiously.

“Oi, when's the last time Hevari gave you a bath, mate? You could really do with a rinse off!” The decoy that had been talking to one of the side heads winked, if it was still about, while opposite, the other Courser lifted his left hand and crooked his fingers in a calling motion. In response a tall wave of water lifted up from the snow and loomed briefly, before crashing down and attempting to give the beastie a bath to remember. Through whatever sets of eyes he had, Courser paused a moment to assess the results of his first experiments.

-=Summary=-

C*) Decoy: Strafing in the opposite direction to Courser (Decoy goes to Courser's right), chatting, banter and general distraction. Commiserating the lack of privacy when you've got more than one head.
C1) Forked Streams: Trap(Incoming Attack against CourseMan): Multi-Stage: First (Dodge + Decoy(1 round)), Then (10Aqua, Shot-Type x2 Hits)
C2) Shield NCP: 2-Hit Shield
C3) Needler2HP: 80
(40 x2 Hits, A, up top 3 targets)
C4) AquaNeedle2Damage: 30 x 3 Needles + Variable Targeting + Drop Attack
Description: Three needles drop on enemies
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Special: Drop Attack: This attack originates above the battlefield, and falls to the ground. It gains one rank of accuracy against High Altitude targets.
(40Aqua, x3 Hits, B, All on Cerberus)
C5) Dodge
C6) IceWave2Damage: 100 + Freeze
Description: Sends a wave of ice at one enemy
Special: Ice Type: This chip counts as Ice Type for the purposes of potentially freezing targets on Aqua Element Terrain or environments, as applicable.
(120Aqua, Freeze, A, on Cerberus)
Battle Theme

Cerberus waited patiently, watching Courser and his clones beginning their due diligence against the creature Hevari created, the creature's three heads scanning the field in all which ways, attempting to internally figure which of the navis to go after in the same breath. As Courser summoned up his needler, the creature took this chance to splay it's front paws on the ground in front of it, letting out a howl of anger at the creature in front of it and immediately went forward in a blast of white hot fire, throwing itself in a line, crushing through the Needler and damaging it in the process, ice forming briefly in the line the creature had plowed through as the mist formed, one set of needles dissapating the Aura entirely, while the other set pierced into it's hide (40), though this did not stop the needler from taking the full brunt of the blow (40) but stood as the creature let out another howl into the air, seemingly pleased with it's attack.

But before it could make its next move, the creature was pelted from on high by Courser, the first smashing through the aura and into the creature's fiery hide (80!) another doing the exact same as it attacked and created a deep wound in the virus' body (80!) while the last one unfortunately went far wider than Courser had intended and missed the beast despite his best attempts at aiming, though the mists of the ice did not manage to cling upon it's body this time around. But in retaliation, a healing aura began to undo part of the work that Courser had done, likely chip data imbedded within it's body as it stitched away some of the harm (+50).

Grumbling to itself as it attempted to try and do more for itself, the massive Spikey was quickly attacked with an IceWave by the navi in return...only to manage to miss the mark entirely, fortunately for the creature. It let out a grumble as something clicked within its systems, creating a "clicking" noise as it activated it's chip of choice. The creature getting upon its hind legs and letting out a triumphant howl into the area, a trio of balls of fire being held within each mouth before landing onto the snow and with it, the trio attacking not just the Clone, but all three targets that it had a chance to hit. One blast towards the Decoy, missing entirely unfortunately, another towards the Needler and managing to hit, the creature taking in a small amount of radiant healing (10)(+5) and seemingly striking Courser in return...but the navi managing to evade the attack in its entirety and in turn striking back with two of his own attacks, though unfortunately, the counters going off to either side this time instead of striking true, leaving it unscathed as it's own aura began to reform, grunting and groaning at the damage it had sustained.

Crazed Beast of Legend
Cerberus.Virus: 300 HP (Snow) (FireAura40) (Near needler) (Equipped with SunFlare1?)

Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (Towards the east, still in sight of Cerberus) (Snow) (Barrier40)(Casing10)(Shield2)
: 30 HP (Ice) (Roughly in the middle of the area)

Field Specs
80% Snow

20% Ice

Virus' chip usage

-1 Recover50
-1 SunFlare1
“Ay, boss... The puppy's over there, you know?” Courser resisted the urge to cut his gaze across to his clone, dismissing it with a grimace and a wave of one hand before looking back to the massive virus in front of him. As he watched and shook his head, he let himself slouch to one side and reached up to lazily pluck at one of the buttons on his shirt, letting it fall open a little further still. As he took a step to the side, a fresh duplicate stepped in the other direction, though as they did a ripple ripple passed through both forms as their appearances shifted subtly.

The Courser that stepped left just shrugged and shook his head again, sighing; the tones on his outfit shifted to greater contrast, taking on clearer black and white elements in place of the normal shades, though his skin and eyes, as well as his clothing's silver hardware remained unchanged. His body language became more languid and bored as he walked to the side.

“Got to be honest... Seems like my aim's a bit shit right now. Makes it kind of hard to really care too much, you know? It's a pain, really...” He gave a noncommittal shrug.

The Courser that stepped right, underwent a similar but subtly different change; his outfit also shifted to monochrome tones, though it didn't quite go all the way to black and white, but his skin paled down considerably, and his eyes darkened to an almost black iris instead of his usual blue. This Courser seemed a little more energetic, especially compared to the other. He darted his few steps instead of strolling them, waving to the Cerberus in an exaggerated fashion.

“Hey. Play fetch?” There was a low key excitement in the otherwise monotone delivery, before she immediately bent down to begin scrabbling in the snow. Despite some high visibility actions, however, when she stood up again, it was clear she was just miming packing a snowball tightly between her hands – though she was clearly putting a lot of love and effort into getting that imaginary snowball just right; the water shield seemed to have been slipped to the side, resting on the length of her arm instead of presenting forward. She held the 'snowball' up, then pulled back, aiming towards the Cerberus.

“And... Fetch!” With one exaggerated throwing motion, she lobbed the mimed snowball forward; in the same moment, the Needle turret took its pair of shots from the other direction, attempting to punch its way through the creature's aura at about the same time when the 'snowball' would have hit.

As this was happening, the other Courser was standing to the side with a lazy, tired expression, relaxed and ready, though it still had its shield forward. Just as the Mimi-like Courser mimed her throw, however, the JailBird Courser moved with sudden speed, dashing forward from the other side and in to the Cerberus in a rush. Though he didn't seem to have any visible weapons at first, his right hand came up striking in a swift, under-armed thrust towards the beast's undercarriage; a wicked, crude-looking shiv appeared from nowhere in his hand just as the strike came in and he stabbed twice rapidly in a motion that looked like it might be cruelly going for a lung or something equally painful.

“Bet you're used to things running from you, huh? Well tough.” The words were ground out in a bored tone, though his voice was still hard. Even if the Cerberus turned on him or retaliated the sudden attack, Courser was already gone from the spot; its first efforts to get him would only result in a short range misty phasing that would see JailCourser reappear on the other side, still beneath the beast, but at a different angle as a needle-like spine of frozen water stabbed back at it from the new position.

Rather than a shiv this time, however, he lifted into a rising upper as water froze about his free fist into a spiked, icy bludgeon that held enough force to knock even a creature as big as the virus off balance. The misty vapours that continued to wreath him only helped to obscure his form as he moved with rapid, precise manoeuvres now, circling sideways then vaulting up and over in a jump that let him aim two more fierce blows down at either of the creature's side-heads, each one trying to slam all or some of the beast down into the snow and bury it.

“Just stay down, dummy. That's less effort for both of us.” Courser still brandished the icy bludgeon in one fist, and paused to see if the virus still had fight in it. Across from him, is it was till alive, the MimeCourser decoy put hands on her hips in an over-acted display of dissatisfaction.

“But I want to play.” The short, simple sentence was met with an incredulous eyebrow from the main JailCourser.

-=Summary=-

C*) Shadow: (Looks like Courser's Mime Cross when Courser assumes JailBird) Wanders to the side and makes the motions of trying to play fetch.
C1) JailBird Cross: (Lvl1: Null/Melee, Melee Mastery/Bash, +10 Damage to null chips)
C*) Needler: (40Null x2Hits, A) Shooting just as MimeCourser mimes throwing the snowball.
C*) Bash: add Impact to next action
C2) Prison Shiv: (20Null x2Hits, Break, Nullify, +Impact, A+ (Melee Mastery))
C3) Mist and Shadow: Trap(Incoming Attack against CourseMan): Multi-Stage: First (Teleport + Decoy(1 round)), Then ((Aqua)LifeDrain 10, Shot-Type, A), Then (Self-Slow)
C4) IcePunchDamage: 110 + Impact + Knockback
Description: Creates a large icy fist for the user to punch with that fires off like a rocket at the enemy. Anything it hits is knocked back a sizable distance, even objects.
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks after 3 swings.
(70Aqua, Impact, Knockback, Ice-Type, A)
C5) IcePunchDamage: 110 + Impact + Knockback
Description: Creates a large icy fist for the user to punch with that fires off like a rocket at the enemy. Anything it hits is knocked back a sizable distance, even objects.
C6) IcePunchDamage: 110 + Impact + Knockback
Panting out as the navi in front of him began to throw a snowball at him, the creature letting out a whimper as it's Aura was pierced and quickly given a pair of needles in it's legs (40) and quickly the navi followed up with a double attack of his own as it quickly moved backwards from the stabbing motions, getting caught on one of the two attacks (20) as it indeed pierced through the mishmashed virus' body, leaving a leaking wound where he had struck.

Grunting and growling at Courser, the virus amalgamation was quick to retaliate with a trio of blasts similar to earlier, attempting to blast Courser without a second thought...and instead this time on the opposite end of the bad luck and bad aiming, blasts hitting all around him instead...and getting punished additionally for it's attempt to strike back, as Courser immediately teleported behind it and smacked it twice with his own attacks (20x2!), the creature looking unsteady on his feet as Courseman immediately stuck with a trio of fists, even as the virus attempted to evade the attacks, it howled in pain as two managed to connect while it was on the backend, it's legs searing the fist with each hit (140! 140! Miss!). Grunting, unsteady on it's feet, the creature let out a baleful howl into the air before fleeing from Courser, the battle won for the time being, data strewn about from where attacks had landed

Crazed Beast of Legend
Cerberus.Virus: 1 HP (Fled the battle!)

Courseman.EXE: 100 HP (Towards the east, still in sight of Cerberus) (Snow) (Barrier40)(Casing10)(Shield2)
: 30 HP (Ice) (Roughly in the middle of the area)

Field Specs
80% Snow

20% Ice

Virus' chip usage

-1 Recover50
-1 SunFlare1

Battle 15 WIN!
Rewards: 5950z, FireAura1Protection: Any Non-Aqua attack lower than 40 HP
Description: Negates any Non-Aqua attack less than 40HP
Duration: Three turns, or until destroyed
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.