Real, Serious Netpolice Duties

"Ah. A task appropriate for an intern, definitely," Harley mused, turning slightly to see Rhea making manual notes on digital paper. Once it's done, Rhea tucked the paper into her waist pack, turning herself (and Harley) to face Eternalis.

"Of course," Rhea responded promptly, heading/ducking towards the exit, and off to Netopia Net.

Eternalis, Rhea, and the crew arrived at the NP cafeteria once again, in order to deliver the order that they were given. Along the way, Eternalis had gotten out of his Soul Cross mode, shifting back to his original appearance. In addition to that, being the carrier of the all-important mission objective, Aurora was hounded, quite literally, by Sparky, who Eternalis had neglected to hold for the entire trip. Eternalis had tried to get it under control, but Sparky's speedy moves simply had the Navi grasping at air every time he attempted it.

"Sorry, I can take it if you want," was the only thing he could say, after about a dozen or so tries, to an exasperated Aurora, who nonetheless refused the offer, wanting to do something more useful for once. "Oh God, we're here," said Aurora in relief as her feet stepped on the white flooring of the cafeteria. She was getting pretty tired of holding the coffee up above her head to get it away from Sparky's playful jumps. The fact that she knew Sparky could simply fly up to her hand made it worse; the dog was only toying with her. Approaching the table where FashionMan and GolfMan were seated earlier, they presented the results of their work.

"Here's the order, sir," said Aurora, handing them over and glad to be ridden of the curse that had Sparky all in her hair.
Much like their first entrance, Harley and Rhea re-entered into the cafeteria with Rhea on Harley's back, trying to look all imposing with the purple Navi's tiny figure on a giant horse. She dropped off the giant equine soon after, taking her position next to Eternalis, awaiting response from FashionMan and GolfMan.
FashionMan and GolfMan were still sitting right where Eternalis and Rhea had left them, engaged in some quiet conversation. Noticing the return of his new wards, FashionMan turned his head and smiled. "It took you a while, but I guess Prima Java was never known for their speed," he muttered. "I see you have the order, however. And my, doesn't it look pleasant? I could hardly have ordered those laborers better myself," he chuckled, looking as pleased as his botox'd face would allow him.

"I hope you folks didn't run into any trouble. Apparently, the guy he sent out to check on you is having some car problems," GolfMan asked, raising one eyebrow.

"That fellow's always getting in to trouble," FashionMan sighed, leaning one pronounced cheek on one effeminately open hand. "A honey croissant will suffice. Here is your espresso."

"Gee, thanks," GolfMan balked with a good-natured smile, taking the drink from his friend.

"What was it that you two wanted, again?" the scarf-wearing man asked, pursing his lips and nearly making their hearts skip, as it seemed like he'd forgotten why they were even there. "Oh, you guys wanted to be in the NetPolice, right? I'll pull a few strings, get you where you need to be. Which departments? You brightly colored fellows do remember the departments, right?"

It seemed a little odd; FashionMan hadn't asked them to do anything demonstrating any kind of competency, and yet he seemed content to put them into whichever individual departments they chose. Seeming to sense that they might be wondering about that, he drew his lips into a tight smile. "I should mention, I'm a good guy to be friendly with in this business."
"Oh, yeah, we were in this for that, weren't we? What was the department again..." said Eternalis absent-mindedly. Aurora's expression at that moment turned into a blur of confusion and rage. Before Harke could remind his Navi, a small shock flew from her finger to Eternalis' torso, jolting the fluid fighter up a little. "Ow! What was that for?" he exclaimed, jumping away from Aurora.

"Cycling your memory," grinned Aurora, blowing off a stray spark off her finger. "That didn't help any," snapped Eternalis, looking down at the blown-off chunk of fluid on his torso, which immediately filled itself in within moments. "Department of Technology," reminded Harke, who had mostly been silent all the while. "Well, someone decided to be useful," quipped Aurora, rolling her eyes with a tease of a smile. "Least I could do," replied Harke with equal amounts of snark.

"We're going for the Department of Technology," repeated Eternalis, turning to his partner afterwards. "Rhea?"
"Yeah, Rhea should be opting for Navi-"

"Public Safety."
"Public Safety for this missy."

"... Wait, what?"

"I will be able to do more jobs in the open and meet more people with Public Safety," Rhea said, one hand reaching up to twirl her long hair absent-mindedly. Harley snickered, though, knowing that wasn't the main reason Rhea had a sudden idea in change of departments... "See, this little missy here wants to do some heroic business, and thought that Public Safety will be just that," Harley hollered, and trotted out of Rhea's slapping range just in time. Red-faced, Rhea just crossed her arms and reiterated her choice. "... P-Public Safety."
"Technology, hm? Not my cup of tea. There's a lot of folks in there fiddling with NP technology who don't exactly understand the scope of what they're working with," FashionMan replied, almost sneering. "Some people who don't realize how much they owe to certain facilitators. But enough about that. You can help those fellows get their heads screwed on right," he finished, adjusting his shades before turning to Rhea.

"And you... Public Safety? Well, you'll get to meet people, I'll give you that. I'd rather not deal with that aspect of the job myself," he sniffed, suddenly dabbing his hands against his kerchief as if he'd touched something unpleasant. "Still, Public Safety is a vital branch of our organization. You could call it the digits, with which the Netpolice interacts with the world around us."

"Public Safety's my department. Good work, Public Safety. Steady and honest, for the most part," GolfMan butted in, grinning slightly before pressing his lips to the lid of his espresso.

"You two have performed admirably, I'll see to it that you go where you wish. Oh, and... I'll offer one last suggestion. Not from the Netpolice, but from me. The ones who advance in our prestigious organization," FashionMan continued, nibbling off a hideously tiny piece of his croissant, as if he didn't have the freedom of jaw movement to bite off any larger, "are the ones who follow their orders, respect their superiors, and don't ask stupid questions. Thus far, you all look like you have a future here. See that you stay the course."
"Of course," said Eternalis, while wondering why he was coaxed into the department in the first place. From what he read earlier, Justice sounded like a much more exciting department. He wondered if he was going to regret the decision, then diverted his thoughts to lasers and explosives that they were likely to have. Probably test. On him. Probably. Aurora, meanwhile, was quite curious as to what would they encounter in the new faction. Sparky just sort of sat there and looked cute.

Back in the real world, Harke sat back and watched contentedly, yawning after a little bit. Looking at the clock, he realized that it was time to make dinner. Or, well, an hour or so before that, but Karen got cranky if she went hungry for any amount of time. "Ah, guys, I'm going to jack you out for now. It's getting a bit late," he said, packing up the chips that he had laid out. Eternalis and Aurora nodded in affirmation.

Turning to Rhea, Eternalis once again delivered their signature thumbs-up sign. "Well, it was pretty fun this time around, Rhea. Let's meet again sometime," he said. Aurora managed to crouch down and swipe Sparky off the floor, holding the excited little puppy in her arms. Looking at the equine companion beside Rhea, she smirked and said, "Make sure you don't step on anyone's face when you're in there, Harley. I don't think that falls under 'heroic business'."

Opening up a communication screen, Harke also got into the goodbyes. "Was a good fight, guys. Oh, and say hi to Cam for me, Rhea," said Harke, as he initiated the jack-out sequence.

[Mission Cleared - Jack Out]
Rhea solemnly nodded her head in response to the feedback given by the two NetPolice personnel, giving herself and Eternalis a slow, deadpan clap as a form of congratulations.

Harley scoffed. "What you need is some happy coding, girl," the equine snorted, then shifted his head to the trio that were making their leave. "Leaving already? Alright," Harley said, raising a hoof as some sort of a wave. Camillia reached for the open communication screen as well. "Thank you for your help, guys. Have a good night," the operator said, and jacked out the mechanical duo as well.

[Mission clear - Jack out]
((The following rewards are obtained:

Eternalis is now part of the NP Department of Technology.
Rhea is now part of the NP Department of Public Safety.

Eternalis/FashionMan: 3 FXP
Rhea/FashionMan: 3 FXP
Eternalis/Rhea: 10 FXP))