Advance or A8scond!!!!!!!!

"...Hiding? HIDING?! You think someone as great as me runs around like a little pansy?! NEVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" BattleChip data quickly formed over the NormalNavi's arm, instantly recognizable to Sylk as a WideSword. "For tonight's all you can eat buffet, diced spider in web sauce!" He quickly ran over to his 'enemy', though oddly none of the panels below him were breaking under foot...

Not that there was much of a sample size to go on, as he was instantly trapped by Sylk's silken trap (-40). "Yeah, like this is gonna stop me! SuperAwesomeMan...away!" He quickly hacked at the webbing, managing to free himself pretty quickly...but not before eating both of the MarkCannons (-70x2). However, his body language implied that he was far from deterred. "Whatever, I'm all warmed up now, baby! Now, EAT SWORD!"

The first swing ate nothing but air, as Sylk handily avoided the already errant swing. The second, however, was a direct shot to the chest, easily cutting through her passive armor. This managed to mess up the flame Navi's aim just enough that her fireball was sidestepped by the NormalNavi. Suffice it to say that this did NOT help his attitude. "Like I said, pain train! And you're barely a pain caboose!"

"Hoo boy, if only his attitude was better..." Lite shook her head at the battle, still wishing it didn't have to happen. She then looked over at the terrain changing slot machine, noticing that it was starting to spin again. "Hey guys, the terrain's about to change! It's coming up as...MudFlop!" As one might expect from that picture, the area became less fragile and more...goopy, as both Navis were now foot deep in mud. The bright Navi, however, continued to float a few inches above it, seemingly unaffected. She seemed slightly amused at this fact. "Sure glad I have FloatShoes right now! Hee hee!"

===CRACKED NAVI===
NormalNavi.EXE: 220 HP (WideSword: BROKEN)

===UNSTABLE TERRAIN===
100% Mud

===SEMI-STABLE NAVI===
Sylk.EXE: 125 HP
Hmm, is that all you have? Seems your bark is worse than you bite. Her armor slowly weaved itself back together as she spoke, his attempt to harm her completely useless.

Sylks eyes fixated on the normal navi after she said that, one of her many hands glowing a light shade of green as it was directed towards the navi. Bursting forth from the mud came multiple strands of webbing aiming to surround and capture the navi and leave him helpless in the mud. Another hand followed suit as even more silken webbing rose up. The thread intertwined and strengthened as it tried to completely hold down the NormalNavi, Sylk wanting to see him completely helpless before her. They came from all angles, seemingly moving with Sylk's direction as her hand and fingers danced back and forth.

My bite however... My bite is much, much worse. Flashing her fangs with a toothy grin of hunger as she approached the navi. You're about to see just how much. With him getting so close to her for his sword attacks, he was within range of her powerful jaws. The spider lunged out at him, snapping at him with her razor-sharp teeth. Her body temperature was through the roof, her bite was enough to burn as she attacked. Her body quickly moved to continue the assault, as her 6 arms drew themselves back. Using all the force she could muster she swung all of her arms toward Sam, in an attempt to send him flying back.

Now then, shall we finish this? A single arm extended outward towards Sam as flames surround her body, before swirling and dancing solely around her outstretched limb. Above the normal name, a fire resembling her arm was being conjured, moving with her every action. It lifted higher momentarily only to have it come crashing down as speedily as possible. Sylk aimed to smash him outright, like a bug. She saw him as nothing more then a pest, after all.

She was confident in this fight, and hadn't expected it would continue on past that. She just stood back and watched, but remained on her guard until she could see the sorry state he had been left in. Just because she was confident didn't mean she would turn her back until she saw a defeated foe.

Summary:

passive: 20 hp casing

1) Rope1 - (50 wood + Hold) per turn, three turns - Accuracy: A @ NormalNavi.exe

--- terrain change to soil---

2) Rope2 - (70 wood (terrain double damage?) + Hold) per turn, three turns - Accuracy: A @ NormalNavi.exe

--- terrain change to grass?---

3) Blazing Fang: Melee type - take aim + 50 (terrain double damage?) drain fire + knockback + self slow - 3 TCD + glitch (subtype passive hack) @ NormalNavi.exe

4) Firehit1 - 60+20 fire + Impact + Double Attack - Accuracy: A NormalNavi.exe

5) dodge

6) dodge
"Well, duh, my bite's terrible! I don't have a functioning mouth! Seriously, you should get your eyes checked! Oh, and don't think I'll be a sitting duck, like a SittingDuckMan! You see, I have ways to not feel as much pain! You might wanna look away, since I'm about to get real shiny!...Wait, did I just give my own enemy advice? Oh well, I'm so great that I can do that! YAHHHH!!!" Though it was perfectly understandable to think it was just talk, a yellow-orange sphere surrounded the NormalNavi, indicating that, for once, he wasn't making stuff up. "This baby can take a buttload of damage for me, so feel free to try breaking it!"

And Sylk immediately did so, as webbing crawled up to wrap the opponent...unfortunately, the barrier prevented it from properly grasping him. A second round of it also sprang up, but it was a bit to the right, and failed to further strain the defense. The Navi seemed to yawn, apparently not feeling the slightest bit of fear. Whether this was genuine courage in the face of danger, or just sheer obliviousness, was as impossible to tell as it had been before. "...Yeah, no, that's not working on this baby! Nice try, though! I'll give you something for the effort...a FIST to the FACE!" A large yellow and black fist covered the green Navi's hand, who reached back and attempted to slam it into the head of the spider Navi. The good news was, he missed his goal. The bad news was, he ended up aiming low, and hit her square in the gut, knocking her backward. Her casing didn't travel with her, being obliterated by the punch attack.

Did this stop her from using her fangs to strike? Not at all, of course. Unfortunately, the extra distance ended up giving the NormalNavi enough time to react and dodge, and subsequently point. "Ha! Behold, the amazing defensive power of SuperAwesomeMan!"

In the distance, Lite couldn't help but sigh. "You just put up a barrier and dodged an attack..."

If he had heard his ally's muttering, though, he showed no signs of it, as his free hand transformed into a blue cannon, which he then put next to his earpiece. "What's that, HiCannon? You want to shoot the spider? What a great idea, I was thinking the same thing! No wonder I keep several copies of you around!" Before he could, though, a flaming fist struck the barrier, completely destroying it, and doing some damage to the Navi inside it, as well (-55). "...Hey, my fancy barrier! That's it, you're cannon food!" A pair of energy blasts shot forth from the HiCannon, and while Sylk easily dodged the first, it put her in the position of getting nailed in the arms by the second (80). That stung. Seriously, ow.

"Please, you two, PLEASE don't destroy each other!" ...Oh, right, she was supposed to keep tabs on the slot machine for them. As soon as she turned back, it started spinning, quickly coming to its next stop. "And it's a...Element...something. I'm not sure what one that is...which one has the black Elemperor again?"

The area flashed, before the mud began to take on a more sickly, purple hue...

"Oh, right, I remember now! That's ElementDark! That explains the Poison terrain...yuck! Be careful, guys!"

===CRACKED NAVI===
NormalNavi.EXE: 165 HP (GutPunch: 5/6 uses)

===UNSTABLE TERRAIN===
100% Poison

===SEMI-STABLE NAVI===
Sylk.EXE: 45 HP
Luck... The spider thought, as she looked at the events transpiring. She couldn't help that she wasn't favored today, as things kept going wrong for her. When a fool like this could even land a blow big enough to harm her, clearly it was not a good day.

As the terrain began to shift, her eyes widened quickly as the stench and the unsightly view registered. She was not about to let this happen, or she would be at an even bigger disadvantage. The spider immediately began to regenerate her armor, and as she did her threads spread outward from her body as well. Twisting together, weaving back and forth as they created her web across the entire field. She needed to completely cover that disgusting terrain.

Sylk was a little worried that it would leave her open for an attack, however, and even with her silken defense that didn't seem to be enough lately. It was time for her to test out a new chip as she activated the LeafShield Rei had so kindly gotten for her only recently. If she was lucky, it would do her some real good in this battle. That still wasn't enough though. She had taken some heavy damage much to her surprise and she couldn't afford to take more without recovering.

Sylk angled two of her arms behind her as she began to call forth two more chips to the field. A lovely chip which would help sustain her through the rest of the fight, or so she hoped. She could already feel the warmth as they finished developing, the healing flames bringing a smile to her face as she slowly started to relax and regain her composure. All this worrying wasn't going to help her. She needed to be focused to finish of this enemy. Her domain was set, but only for a limited time. She had to take advantage of this now.

She took the lead with one of her most devastating chips as large barreled gun appeared within her grasp. The TankCannon2 was sure to take out a large chunk of damage if it connected, but that in itself was the problem. Instead of the usual explosive rounds she opted to use a standard shot, to rely a bit more on the accuracy than the destruction. She focused her energy into the chamber, adding her fiery powers into the gun itself. Sylk lined up the shot. She knew this had to hit. The trigger clicked, the ammunition flew forth enhanced with the power of flames.

Sylk's actions weren't wasted. She dismissed the cannon only to replace it with yet another heavy hitter. The triple shot magnum returned to her grasp once more this trip, the familiar feeling of its grip in her palms. Such a reliable and powerful weapon, it brought her joy to fire it. Her arm slowly trailed upward with the barrel aiming above the two. With a deep breath, her arm snapped forward to point towards Sam, finger itching to fire.

Just a little luck... Just let these hit... She thought to herself, only a brief moment, before hearing the shot as it rang out into the net.

Summary:

passive: 20 hp casing

1) Spider's web - Grass stage, 3 TCD

2) Leafshield - Protection: Next non-fire attack, heal for half damage. Destroyed by fire. Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.

3) Candle1 - HP: 100, regen 5 to-All-Clause (allies), (fire body) Object Damage: 100 Fire + Impact - Accuracy: N/A

4) Candle1 - HP: 100, regen 5 to-All-Clause (allies), (fire body) Object Damage: 100 Fire + Impact - Accuracy: N/A

5) TankCannon2 - 120 fire dmg (passive) (x2 terrain bonus) - Accuracy: A @ NormalNavi.EXE

Passive: Fiery Personality - imbue fire @ TankCannon2

6) Magnum2 - 150 + 20 fire + Break + Panel Break + 1 Target per charge (max 2 charges) - Accuracy: A @ NormalNavi.EXE
The NormalNavi didn't seem to be fazed by the toxic terrain, nor did he bat an eye at the subsequent turning it to grass. The reason was soon made clear, though..."...Zzz..."

"...Oh geez...don't tell me he conked out mid-battle again!"

"Huh...you say something, Mom...? Oh, right!" The green Navi jumped up, apparently realizing that he had been out of commission for a moment. "Happened again. I know I'm great and all, but sometimes I wish it wouldn't overwhelm me to where I get knocked out! Even awesome people can get overwhelmed by awesomeness!"

And speaking of which, his hand transformed again, becoming what appeared to be some sort of minigun. Oddly, it seemed to glow orange for a second, before regaining its ordinary coloring. Somehow, the glow gave Sylk enough time to cover herself with leaves, before the other Navi pointed his weapon at her. "Well, nice knowin' ya!"

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!

Countless bullets were sprayed from the vulcan, several of them hitting their mark. The LeafShield took the first volley and converted it into healing energy (+10), but later round managed to also smash her casing, and even inflict a little damage on her (20). Some extra therapy came quickly, however, as a pair of wax candles appeared and began to heal her up.

This failed to deter the NormalNavi at all, regrettably, who instead whipped up a new HiCannon and pointed it at the spider Navi. "By the way, my HiCannon decided that it wasn't done shooting things at you yet. So here you go!" And indeed, a blast was shot at her...hitting her, however, was a different matter entirely, as it missed in utterly spectacular fashion. "Well, even greatness like me can't god mode hits. Yeah, time to avoid things, since you've totally got something coming my way! I know it!"

And indeed, he was completely right, as a fiery cannon blast promptly roared as it sought to do nothing more than completely smash him. Which it did, most spectacularly (-164). After muttering something inaudible to his feet, he regrouped in time to see the Magnum coming...but his evasiveness levels proved to be pretty low, and was hit square in the chest (BATTLE END).

But, in what was probably almost to be expected, he failed to EJO. Surprisingly, however, it didn't seem to be for the reasons one might expect. "...Hello! Guy seriously injured by a crazy spider chick needs to take a siesta!"

"Oh, no you don't!" Abandoning her checking duties upon seeing her comrade fall, Lite floated over to the NormalNavi, keeping him from falling over. "You're not running off like that! Now, I want you to apologize to Sylk for that entire stupid fight!"

"Oh sure, ignore the fact I'm in mortal peril here!"

"Trust me, that's why you're not getting smacked! Though, if you really can't leave, I wonder if your PET's transmission program's acting up again? You should have Bert check it out ASAP! I guess I'll let you use mine to heal up, but don't go snooping around like last time!"

"Hey, those 'secret' files just fell into my hand! I really gotta question your tastes, though...there wasn't a single Navi in them that looked like me!"

The bright Navi gave the mass produced Navi a glare that probably put him at risk for deletion, right then and there, as her face started to glow beet red. "...Just...apologize for the battle!"

"Whatever!" He pointed at Sylk, seemingly angrily..."Hey! Crazy NeoShotgun or whatever chick! You fight okay for someone that isn't awesome like me! But next time, you're REALLY gonna feel my greatness all over you!"

"...Actually, speaking of that, you really didn't do a good job fighting. I mean, you had some good moments, but your technique was awful! And you didn't even use any of your innate abilities!"

"Hey, could you NOT talk me to death? I'm in severe agony, here!"

"...Well, I guess that's true. Once you're back at full strength, though, I'm giving you a refresher course in NetBattling!"

"...Actually, I take it back. Kill me now, that junk is BOOORING!"

"...GO! NOW!" And even the NormalNavi knew when to quit, jacking out into his teammate's PET without delay. "Oh man, he's such a pain! But just like in that battle, he has some really good moments." The shining Navi turned back to Sylk, and floated closer to her. "He never did apologize, though...so I'll have to do it myself. I'm so sorry Sam attacked you like that! Sometimes when he's off in his own world like that, he just can't control himself!" As she spoke, she bent over in a bow, to further drive home her sincerity. "And since I'm higher ranked than him, I should've found a way to stop him...so I'm sorry, too!"

Lite then rose, and brightened her expression. "You're pretty good, though! I can see why the NeoShogunate made sure to hire you! But I don't think you could beat me yet!" She playfully winked and wagged her finger, before straighting up. "Oh yeah, I promised you something nice if you won, and you did! So..." A BattleChip started to form in her hand, but before the spider Navi could see what it was, it vanished. "No, no! I've got a more fun idea! I've got several chips I think you'd like, but how should I know what one you'd really want? So, I want you to describe something to me...describe what would, in your mind, constitute the perfect chip! It doesn't have to be something that actually exists, just something that fits you to a T! Is it a close range one? One with distance? Maybe it's not something that does damage? Tell me!" While smiling, her silence and stillness made it clear that this wasn't some kind of joke....

===CRACKED NAVI===
NormalNavi.EXE: JACKED OUT

===UNSTABLE TERRAIN===
100% Grass

===SEMI-STABLE NAVI===
Sylk.EXE: 60 HP
Candle1A: 100 HP
Candle1B: 100 HP

- BATTLE 5, COMPLETE
- THE NET IS SHORT ONE JERKWAD...FOR NOW
- BUT WHERE'S THE REWARD?

Reward: TBD
Mmmm, finally. He was more resilient then I thought. Sylk remarked, as the battle ended, but oddly enough the navi didn't disappear. Unfortunately he just continued to ramble on pointlessly, and he still continued to insinuate he was better than her. She was REALLY tempted to give him one more good shot to shut him up, but she resisted the urge for Lite. She just let a sigh as she let Sam's female companion handle the issue.

Sylk raised an eyebrow at the remarks about some sort of secret stash filled with files of navis. She could only imagine the kinds of things which might be located in there. It was also obvious that Sam had no intention of giving any sort of apology, causing sylk to just shrug and shake her head slightly. As he finally ran off into Lite's PET, her mood was a little brighter. When Lite reminded Sylk about the reward, she was surprised at the fairly unique idea of having to describe something that fit her. Sylk never really thought about that sort of thing so it was putting her on the spot.

Oh? Hmmm... I'm not sure off hand. I mean, I'm pretty versatile you know~ She remarked with a smile as she tried to think of the best way to answer the question. Let's see... I'm not sure there is something that fits me to a T, but you did say it didn't have to exist. My perfect chip would be something that would give me power and control i suppose. Something that lets me take the battle and manipulate it to my own rhythm you know? Something as... Open minded and flexible as I am, heehee~ The spider commented, as she thought about how she wished she could fight at her best. She longed for the power to make her prey dance in her web, completely under her power.

Again, I'm sure that doesn't exist though. So I'll just have to use my own abilities to do that, I guess.
Lite hovered in place, thoughtfully listening to the spider's request. After a moment, she extended her hand, and produced a chip. "All right, you want a versatile chip...so I'll give you one that can be used in any circumstance. This chip doesn't do anything on its own...instead, it powers up any attacking chip! That way, you can use any one you want, even if it's not strong enough for the task at hand. If that's not versatility, I dunno what is! Oh, and here's some cash as a bonus! Don't worry, I've done a lot of busting lately, so I've got plenty!"

Once the gifts were exchanged, the bright Navi looked at Sylk again, once again pondering something. "Umm...I know you're probably busy with your own busting, so I won't keep you any longer...but, before you do...would you give me your e-mail address? Truth be told, you're actually the first girl Navi I've really gotten to talk to. I mean, I love everyone in the Sol Battalion to death, but so far I'm the only girl Navi in it! And there's some things you just can't talk to guys about...but, if you don't want to, I understand. It'd probably be sorta weird, what with being in opposing groups and all...but I don't think that's a good reason for not trying to be friends anyway. Don't you agree?"

Seems Sylk's got a choice...what'll it be?

Battle Reward: Attack+20 BattleChip data, 1500z
Accepting the gifts happily, Sylk uploaded the data to the PET for future use. Versatility is what i do best, after all. I could certainly make use if this. Thank you so much, Lite, hehehe~ She smiled, drawing her arms across her body as she relaxed herself after the battle, and down one nuisance.

As Sylk listened to Lite's next comment, she just chuckled to herself. Busy? Not really. After all i only came out today to kill some time. I was kind of bored, you see. That aside, It would be my pleasure~ So what if we're from different factions, right? A faction can't govern a person's individuality after all. As she spoke, Sylk began to call up a piece of data in one of her hands. Feel free to contact me anytime. Thing's have been pretty relaxed lately, so i can gladly make some time for you whenever. She added, as she extended the contact data towards Lite.

Just umm... try not to bring that "friend" of yours, kay? Last thing we need is another pointless fight to ruin a good time.
"Yeah, don't worry about Sam. We're not always teamed up like that. But to be fair, he usually makes REALLY bad first impressions..." Lite accepted the information, transferring it into her address book post haste, before presenting Sylk with similar data. "Here's my info, if you ever want to reach me for something!"

"Well, I should be off...I need to report this to Commander PhoenixMan. He won't be happy about what Sam did, so I want to be there to smooth things over if I need to. See ya, Sylk!" The bright Navi emitted a brilliant flash of light, with which she used to exit the area.

Sylk GET: Lite's e-mail address (BriteLite@RevivedPETs.net), 3 Lite FXP
Take care~

Sylk waved as her new friend vacated the net with a flashy exit. She began to wonder if she should take her leave as well. As much as she hated to admit it, that fight took a fair amount out of her. A little rest would surely be welcome at this point. She was satisfied with her trip this time regardless of the unfortunate mishaps here and there. She found an interesting navi, recovered a number of rewards, and got a decent workout to boot. Sylk couldn't ask for more right now.

The spider let out a slight yawn as she opened up a channel to her operator. Mmmm, i think it's time we stop for the day. You don't have any problems with that, right? Not that she would have listened without some form of life changing reason to, but she liked to make Rei think he had a say once in a while.

[Well, how about we go and get you upgraded a bit then?] The operator was quick to remark, as he looked over the results of a recent sale he had made with some of their recently acquired merchandise. [We've been a bit behind on maintenance and i just got a few extra funds from the shop.]

Sylk nodded in agreement, never passing up a chance to increase her abilities. Hmm. That sounds like a pretty good idea. What are we waiting for then? Let's go, heehee~

The spider lazily snapped a finger, exiting in a ray of blue light.

((end of thread))