Neon Funds

Bang went ViralMan's gun as he pointed it towards a Beetank. The shot blasted both of the rolling tank viruses out of the sky quickly. The Shadows quickly made themselves a lot scarcer by destroying a couple of the neon signs, covering even more of the place in darkness. ViralMan's ElecReel attack did hit the Shadows, but passed through them harmlessly. His sword only flailed around in the dark as the shadows stayed where they were.

-Neon Haters-
BeeTankA: DELETED
BeeTankB: DELETED
BeeTankC: DELETED
ShadowA: 80 HP [Under NeonSignE]
ShadowB: 80 HP [Under NeonSignD]

-Floating in the air-
NeonSignA: 5 HP
NeonSignB: 5 HP
NeonSignC: DESTROYED
NeonSignD: DESTROYED
NeonSignE: DESTROYED

Terrain: 40% Normal / 60% Darkness [-2 Accuracy/Dodge]

ViralMan: 120 HP [Under NeonSignA] (5/6 Sword)
Seli: 100 HP [Under NeonSignA]
After seemingly missing the shadowy viruses once again, ViralMan was getting a little fed up. They hadn't attacked him or Seli though, so it could be considered a success for now. He had to decide on how he was going to attack again, but he wasn't sure how he was going to make contact when everything seemed to miss. Maybe this had been a bad idea after all...

No time to regret coming now though. Even if going busting had been a mistake, ViralMan still had to deal with the consequences. He looked at his Sword while he thought of a course of action. There was nothing significant about the Shadow viruses, no obvious weakness. He didn't think it had any aversion to light if it had been willing to chase after Seli, though he couldn't be sure. I can't be sure of anything, he thought, irritated. ViralMan finally arrived at the conclusion that he hadn't made contact with the Sword yet, so trying something else first would be a waste. It also seemed that Zeo had disappeared again. No bright ideas coming from him.

ViralMan's eyes widened in an instant, and he looked up at the floating neon signs. He couldn't believe he'd gotten an idea from a stupid mocking comment. Of course, without Zeo around that idea would have to be put on hold unless the boy managed to fix his damn timing. The PET was on this time however, so ViralMan merely made the device beep loudly and soon had his op's attention once again. "Hey, what do you need? Harke just woke up; we're kind of busy," Zeo said. ViralMan didn't know what he was talking about, so he held up a hand and shrugged. "An electrical chip to try something crazy would be appreciated." His operator nodded and produced a MagBomb from his pocket, inserting it into the PET.

The perfect sphere appeared in ViralMan's free hand, but he wasn't ready to use it yet. If his "plan" destroyed yet another sign it would become even harder to make contact with anything and it would become harder to cover Seli. Speaking of Seli, she was still doing alright from what ViralMan could see. "You okay?" he asked Seli, trying to show some concern for the Navi. "I don't suppose you know anything about making neon signs brighter?" he joked, laughing. He thought that the laugh had sounded a little forced, but it hadn't been totally obvious. Or so he hoped. "I'm gonna go after those things again and see how they like sharp edges," ViralMan said, motioning towards his Sword. "If we keep this up, it'll be over in no time."

Finished with his reassurances, ViralMan sprinted into the darkness. He was fully aware that doing so would invite an attack by the Shadow viruses, but it was necessary at this point. He had no idea where exactly they were, and had only headed in the general direction of one virus. He carefully looked around for movement, waiting to spot something before quickly thrusting his blade straight at it. He followed through with the attack completely, then continued in the same direction until he reached the end of the darkness. Once he did, he glanced at the last two signs. His next attempt would either cover the area in near complete shadow or brighten it somewhat. The latter was preferable.

"Seli! Careful of that sign!" ViralMan shouted at his partner, pointing at the second sign.

Gripping the MagBomb tightly, ViralMan drew his arm back. "Here goes nothing," he said. I wish, he thought immediately after. The sign wasn't that high up, so he didn't think he'd miss. To be safe, he took a few steps to gain momentum before throwing the bomb at the second NeonSign to try to brighten the area. That was all he was willing to do for now, so he got more distance from the darkness before locating Seli to keep an eye on her. He wondered if the viruses really were unable to come out of the shadow. It seemed like an odd concept to the Navi.

1. Take Aim
2. Sword to ShadowA (80)
3. MagBomb1 to NeonSignB to brighten it (30, Blast 2)
4. Dodge
-Passive: Data Absorption (+15HP)
Seli didn't know what to do. She seemed at a loss. "My best bet," she figured, "would be to try and not get in the way." She was somewhat disheartened by the fact that she hadn't been able to help at all.

Nikki was also beginning to begrudge Seli's lack of action moves. She wouldn't enjoy more battles if all Seli kept doing was sitting around.

Seli decided to make use of her time. She walked further into the light and examined the battlefield. Watching over everything, she tried to spot the two Shadows they were still fighting, and to keep an eye on them.

It was around now that ViralMan started talking to her. "Yeah," she spoke back, "I'm holding up alright. Thanks." He was wasting energy worrying about her, making her even more of a hassle. However the fact that he was thinking about her was sweet.

She thought about his other statements. "Sorry, can't say I do." was the answer to the first, and to the second she cheered. "You show 'em! I have faith in you, ViralMan!"

She continued watching both her ally and her opponents as ViralMan headed into the fray. It wasn't long before he shouted back at her to watch out. Not wanting to worry him, she did as he said.

"Alright!" She exclaimed surprised and quick, leaping backwards away from the light. Sadly this movement was a bit too sudden and odd for her body to anticipate. She wound up tripping backwards after landing on her heels, and wound up in sitting position, falling closer to ViralMan.

She rubbed off her eyes and looked up. "I'm alright." she muttered under her breath, hoping to save her some embarrassment.

Battle Summary:
1. Look over field [Dodge]
2. Keep looking [Dodge]
3. Jump back and trip [Dodge]
((OOC: 3 Day Bump))
Determined to finish the battle quickly, ViralMan scouted the dark areas for movement, and managed to stab a Shadow that was sneaking up on him. The sound of it screeching in pain could be heard in conjunction with the other's recoil. In an instant afterwards, the Navi threw his MagBomb up into the bright neon sign, and made it explode. Not just any explosion, though. A very noisy, very bright explosion that covered the entire area in light for a small moment. The Shadow was stunned for a bit by the light, and his chance was open!

Seli just kind of... fumbled around and tripped.

-Neon Haters-
ShadowA: DELETED
ShadowB: 80 HP [Normal]

-Floating in the air-
NeonSignB: SHIIIIINY

Terrain: 90% Normal / 10% Darkness [-2 Accuracy/Dodge]

ViralMan: 120 HP [Under NeonSignA] (4/6 Sword)
Seli recovered gracefully and stood, watching ViralMan as he went about fighting the Shadow. There were only two other beings left on the field, and since it appeared that the Shadow had to close in to attack, so she wasn't too worried about it getting at her.

So what was left to do for her? Well, not much. She was startlingly aware of her uselessness at the moment, but didn't let it show.

"Yeah ViralMan!" she cheered. "You can do it!"

Nikki watched, unhappy. She had grown more and more dissatisfied with the abilities of her navi, and was going to have to do something about that very soon. She was already scheming, plotting, and figuring out exactly how to handle this issue. It wouldn't be that rough. She could have Seli more capable in no time.

Seli watched as her partner battled. She was sure he could finish the last opponent. "I knew you could do it." She said aloud to him. Obviously she wasn't sure if he had yet, but she figured the encouragement couldn't hurt.

"You're pretty good at this whole battling thing. It's a good thing, too. I couldn't have handled this alone, I'm sure." She said, rubbing her hand on the back of her neck with a somewhat awkward smile.

This lack of action wasn't what Nikki had been looking for when she said she wanted to do something today. It would have been disappointing, if it hadn't inspired her to do something different.

Battle Summary:
1. Cheer for ViralMan
2. Encourage ViralMan
3. Encourage ViralMan
Well, that had worked better than expected. In a few short seconds, ViralMan had managed to both take out one of the shadowy viruses and bathe the while area in light. On that note...

"Agh, my eyes..." ViralMan lamented not looking away from the sign as it had lit up further. He really wished he hadn't taken off his helmet. He seemed to be faring a bit better than the shadowy virus that remained. It seemed to be somewhat stunned by the light, which provided a perfect opportunity.

You know what? I'm just going to call these things Shadows, ViralMan decided. Examining his Sword, he smiled. It had worked to defeat the first Shadow, so why not use it again? Just as he held the Sword up in preparation for an attack, Seli called out words of encouragement. Not really accustomed to that kind of thing, ViralMan's face reddened a bit, but he quickly directed his gaze towards the final virus to keep Seli from noticing. To acknowledge the Navi's words, ViralMan gave a brief thumbs up before moving in for the final attack.

Sprinting at the hopefully stunned Shadow, ViralMan allowed his Sword arm to trail behind him. As he closed in on the virus, his Sword arm tensed. A few feet from the virus, ViralMan swung around his blade in a wide horizontal cut, using the leverage from winding up to make it look...cooler. Or so he hoped. For good measure, after the first swing he spun his weapon back for another strike at the virus. Positive that his attacks must have worked, ViralMan hopped back a bit before completely turning around and going to where Seli was. In response to her last comment, he tried to respond without agreeing with the girl.

This amounted to an almost cliched statement of modesty. "Well, it wasn't that good..." He trailed off before smiling lightly and turning to look at the battlefield. "So, that's probably it, huh?"

1. Sword to ShadowB (80)
2. Sword to ShadowB (80)
3. Dodge
4. Dodge
-Passive: Data Absorption (+15HP)
Viruses died. The end.

-Neon Haters-
ShadowA: DELETED
ShadowB: DELETED

-Floating in the air-
NeonSignB: SHIIIIINY

Terrain: 90% Normal / 10% Darkness [-2 Accuracy/Dodge]

ViralMan: 120 HP [Under NeonSignA] (2/6 Sword)

-TEAM BATTLE WON!-
ViralMan: 300z + [Shadow1] Battlechip + 2 FXP + 2 Bonus FXP
Seli: 400z + 2 FXP + 2 Bonus FXPShadow1
Effect: Shadow
Accuracy: S
Description: Grants the user Shadow.
Duration: One turn
Element: Null
"I guess it is." the girl answered. She looked around at the desolation that had been left in the wake of the battle. "Good thing data can be fixed faster real property. Otherwise those poor businesses would be shelling out some serious cash to replace their neon advertisements." She quickly uploaded the spoils of war to the PeT.

Nikki, however, would have been hard pressed to care less. She was no longer really paying attention. She was now bustling around her room, and through her closet, in preparation for what was to come next. She was finally truly excited today. She almost smirked as she worked, now satisfied that her day may not turn out to be a complete waste of time. Nikki's happiness generally coincided with misfortune for someone else, unfortunately for that someone else. Nikki, however, was doing just fine.

Back on the Net, Seli turned to her partner. "Thank you so much," she said with a smile. "I'm sure you probably get tired of hearing praise, but I really am grateful. There's no way I could have done that without you."

Seli opened her mouth, and prepared to suggest that they return to the NetSquare. Before anything could come out, a voice in her head interrupted her, causing her to quickly close her mouth without having said anything. "Sorry, Seli," came a serious voice from her Operator, that Seli could tell was masking some hidden pleasure, "But we're going to have to run."

Seli quickly realized that her time was limited. So she spoke fast. "Oh my. I'm really really sorry." She looked downcast and was genuinely apologetic. She kept eye contact to show her sincerity with her sad eyes. "Something came up with my Operator. I really hate to do this but I have to run." Seli glanced up as a door appeared in the air above her, marking the initialization of her Jack out sequence.

She started speaking faster.

"We'll have to do this again sometime. I promise to make that game up with you. My treat." A piece of paper appeared in her hand, looking as if it had been torn out of a notebook. She handed it to ViralMan. "Here's my contact information," she said, as she clasped it into his hands. The sheet contained her name and personal e-mail address. "Drop me a line with yours. I look forward to seeing you again." She was surrounded by light now, the door had opened. "Thanks again. I'm really sorry about this. See you la-" And without finishing that word, the door closed, and she was no where to be seen.

The paper remained, and that was all.

Seli frowned from her PeT, but kept the expression hidden from her Operator. "It really is too bad that Nikki apparently has something to do. I hope he forgives me. I didn't even finish saying goodbye."

Nikki, however, was all smirks and smiles. She was ready to start getting ready for something fun.

[Jack-Out]
[ViralMan GET: Seli's E-mail]
ViralMan remained quiet the whole time Seli spoke until she disappeared into the door, a curious expression on his face.

"...uh, bye?" ViralMan replied a second after Seli disappeared. "Interesting way to make an exit..." he noted. Collecting the spoils from the battle, he examined the peculiar new chip data. He wasn't sure what the chip actually did; its description was a tad vague. ViralMan sent all the data to the PET before crossing his arms and looking up. Zeo responded in turn.

"So, you got ditched, huh?" the boy laughed. ViralMan quickly looked away, indignant. "I doubt that was actually the case." Zeo did not look convinced. "Whatever you say. Nice job handling those weird viruses, by the way. Not much reason to stick around here, so I'll be bringing you back to the PET. Any objections?"

ViralMan looked at his surroundings. The bright and gaudy atmosphere of NetVegas was really not to his liking. "No objections whatsoever," he responded. Making note of the name and e-mail address on the paper Seli had given him, ViralMan began to glow and soon disappeared from the network in a gray beam of light.