Hades Island Real Estate Agency

"...Looks like you're not giving me much of a decision." PieMan turned and faced the two navis, but seemingly indifferent about WolfMan's threatening expressions. "But you don't have much as well." Digging into his own stomach-oven, PieMan slipped out a vial and clenched it into his fist. He looked over at DragonierMan and had the same jolly smile...Only it felt different than before.

"The authority this and authority that. Do you really have to rely on the authority to do everything for you?" The navi turned around once more and walked closer to the fireplace. Placing the vial on the top of the stone arch, PieMan continued his talk. "Now's my turn to give you the choices. You leave on your own and your friend lives. You stay here and both of you never leave, sounds pretty fair, right?" The navi glanced at Dragonier once more and smirked. "Yes, my pies is undoubtedly great, and I can't blame them for eating it without thinking twice about it...But it had inside some potent, dormant 'bugs' that's really gonna make you think twice about taking something from a stranger."

It wasn't long before DragonierMan's body began to act up as glitches began to show up. PieMan chuckled as he began to rub his stomach, causing the fire in him to become fierce. "That's only the beginning, my armored friend. It won't be long till it starts to set in to your stomach...Now, this vial can cure you instantly. I'm not sure if it still works if the bug reaches to your core, since everyone I've met so far took the cure immediately." PieMan snatched the vial and simply threw it inside his oven, but at the same time, two of those strange monsters also came out from within the navi. "I'm giving you a very good proposition, my two vandals. Most of the other 'bad' guys wouldn't give you a chance like this at all!!"

PieMan: 550 HP
Pastry-AbominationV2 A: 250 HP
Pastry-AbominationV2 B: 250 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

WolfMan.EXE: 120 HP
Selene.SP: 40 HP

DragonierMan.EXE: 150 HP [Anti-Recovery] [4 Turns till Full-Crash]
Warning lights went off just before PieMan finished explaining the situation. The dubious pies were poisoned after all. Just one of those slower poisons that did not act instantly. DragonierMan clutched his stomach with one hand as he felt the first act of the venom coursing through his body take effect. Great, now he would get a scolding by WolfMan at the end of this...

Then more pastry abominations appeared. These seemed to be much stronger made than the previous ones. DragonierMan had found the battling here quite difficult for some reason or another, and was feeling a little pensive. Or maybe that was just the poison talking. However, PieMan did offer the antidote and the way out. They had finished their mission as it stood. It seemed reasonable to take the tactical withdrawl.

"We did what we were sent out to do," DragonierMan commented to WolfMan, removing his hand from his chest and trying to stand tall. Though fever began to show on his face. "I suggest we take his offer of the out and let the GNA handle the rest."

Meanwhile, Destin Obscura was taking notes on the poison's effect on his navi. The code was strange, but not impossible to read. Regardless, Destin had a recording program keep tabs of the poison for later study.
"I suppose we must," Wolfman answered DragonierMan. "I have no intention of taking on this perverse pastry provocateur without proper backup." He turned to PieMan. "Fine. We'll withdraw for now. Give him the cure and we'll go."

The Navi readied a few signature programs just in case, prepared to activate them if PieMan decided to attack instead.
"Good good, rely on those G.N.A. like helpless sheep." PieMan, despite his taunts and remarks, still followed the agreement he had placed and tossed the vial at Dragonier. As soon as the trade was finished, the bready beasts began to growl at the three unwelcomed visitors. "You're welcome to my factory anytime, just don't come in killing my employers, hihihihihi!"

PieMan: 550 HP
Pastry-AbominationV2 A: 250 HP
Pastry-AbominationV2 B: 250 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

WolfMan.EXE: 120 HP
Selene.SP: 40 HP

DragonierMan.EXE: 150 HP [Anti-Recovery] [3 Turns till Full-Crash]
DragonierMan takes the vial and uncorks the stopper. He even gave it a cursory sniff before he imbibed it. Although his nose had failed him before. If it turned out that the "cure" was just more poison, DragonierMan would be in dire straights indeed.

But assuming everything was on the level, and he was cured of his affliction, he would then turn to leave the tower. Perhaps later on he would make good on his earlier promise of tearing down the tower. When he would be stronger. But for now his mission was complete.

[Edit after WolfMan's post: DragonierMan leaves the Tower with WolfMan.]
Once PieMan handed over the supposed cure to the poisoned pies, Wolfman turned to exit the room with Selene. He didn't like leaving things unfinished and his tactical defeat against PieMan irked him. However, he had technically accomplished what he had come for. He had explored the tower and even gathered some reconnaissance on PieMan's abilities. There was nothing more that the GNA could really have expected of him. He hadn't been ordered to defeat PieMan after all and DragonierMan's gluttonous ways had removed any hope they had of winning that particular battle.

"Come along Selene," Wolfman told his partner. "Let's get out of this hellhole."

"Y-yes," the young woman answered.

"Are you leaving DragonierMan?" Victor asked.

"I assume that pie didn't distort his sense of direction as well," Wolfman muttered. "He should be capable of exiting the tower on his own."

The Navi and the Support Program didn't wait to see if DragonierMan's cure was even legit. They exited the room through the large door and made his way toward the stairwell that would lead him out of the tower. With luck, PieMan would keep his word and Wolfman wouldn't meet with any resistance on his way out.
As WolfMan, Selene, and Dragonier made their way out of the tower, it was a surprise to see that the defeated bakers were instantly replaced as they all went about continuing their work...Baking some pastries. None of them responded hostile to their once-invaders and there was no more sign of those abominations, clearing a path for the three all the way to the gate from where they came from.

Finally, stepping out into the open Hades net, the three also found that the TowerGuards were also replaced...or at least, recovered from their defeat. They stood silently as they watched the intruder walk away, but not before they had something to say. "You, the one in the armor." One of the guard tossed a vial at Dragonier, the same exact one PieMan had given him. "This is the real cure. The boss had to make sure that you get out properly, so we had the cure prepared after you got out of the tower." It seemed, despite his underhanded methods, PieMan abided with the agreement while taking precautionary steps.

Nonetheless, the three had no choice but to return from where they came, giving up the chance to fully investigate the tower...

[DragonierMan is fully cured]
Apparently he wasn't cured by the first "cure." DragonierMan caught the second vial as they exited the tower and imbibed that as well. The cramping finally subsided. The knight held his head high as he walked along the rock-strewn path away from the tower. Even though he didn't show it on his face, which was now sporting a placid expression, DragonierMan was furious at the deceptions. At his failures.

He addressed WolfMan as they walked. "I have failed. Not the mission, we were not told to investigate everything... But everything else." He looked at his hands, "I am still having trouble with true combat. Viruses are much more predictable... and soft." He stopped in front of WolfMan and looked him in the eyes. "We should have planned, I see that now. We should have met each other as brothers in arms in the beginning." His head drooped slightly, "Instead I acted the bravo. Thinking I could tackle everything myself. That I didn't need you. I was a fool."
"What's done is done," Wolfman said rather brusquely. "The defenses of this tower were more formidable that we could have known. Now, if you will excuse me I must report our findings to the GNA."

Wolfman transferred DragonierMan's Guard data back to him, unused.

"Here is your battlechip data that you allowed Selene to borrow. It has certainly been...Interesting working with you." He turned to the girl. "Come along Selene."

"Y-yes," Selene answered. She nodded in farewell to DragonierMan. "Thank you for your help."

Their mission over, the two vanished from the Hades Island Network in order to report to the GNA.
"Farewell," the navi replied as WolfMan and Selene disappeared in a flash of light. He looked back at the tower and bared his teeth. Next time. Then he too, disappeared in a flash of light.

[DRAGONIERMAN LOGGED OUT.]