Hades Isle Final Test

As Trent found himself in Hades Isle's portion of the internet, the black HeelNavi walked forward, stopping once he seemed to be taking a defensive stance. "Ah, I suppose it makes sense for you to be wary of me. Allow me to explain everything." He took a deep breath, as though he was going to need a lot of air for his explanation...

"To begin with, I am a solo NetNavi. I have never had an operator, and I highly doubt I ever will...oh, to clarify, I'm not one of those that's always 'oh, I hate humans, they and their puppet Navis must die', or words to that effect. We are all sentinent beings, and are worthy of respect. But you didn't come here to hear me philosophize, of course. You see, in a way, I have dedicated my life to viruses. I believe that viruses have their place in the world, and have spent years locating and raising those without malicious intent. However, I didn't know exactly what this would achieve...but then I learned of an old test the NetPolice performed to train both operator and Navi. Yes, that old test was the mission you've been taking! They always made sure to save an extra special challenge for the end...and I shall be your opponent! Not directly, however...my battle processes are minimal at best. But those I have raised over the years...I'm sure you'll find them challenging!"

The HeelNavi stepped back, and snapped his fingers. Several viruses teleported into the machine, all ready to battle. They lacked the angry glare of most, though, instead simply appearing intense...

"Viruses! Prepare for combat!"

===PAPERTRAINED VIRUSES===
CanDevilEX: 150 HP
ElebeeEX: 110 HP
FishyEX: 120 HP
KillPlantEX: 130 HP
RainGearEX: 120 HP
YortEX: 120 HP

===FIELD CLUTTER===
Candle: 75 HP

===WELL-TESTED NAVI===
Trent.EXE: 190 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

- FINAL BATTLE, READY
- EX MARKS THE SPOT, APPARENTLY
- GO
Trent kept his guard up, knife ready as he listened to the heelnavi. His body never relaxed, his grip still solid on the knife. Mark was very interested in the story being told, moving his body up to the edge of his seat as the tale was spun. Both navi and operator perked up when the heelnavi mentioned non malicious viruses. Mark couldn't help but interject, "Why would you want us to delete the viruses you spent years gathering and raising? Why would we want to delete enemies that have no malicious intent towards us?" Mark was greatly puzzled as to why he would offer his life work up for deletion.

As the viruses teleported in Trent took a step back, his hand whipping to his side for another knife for defense. But the viruses didn't jump on him immediately. His body relaxed slightly as no attacks came towards him yet. Trent switched his eyes from the viruses to the virus trainer in the back. Something felt off to Trent too. He looked back to the viruses and noted the change in expression on all their faces. Rather than being constantly angry and in a blind stupor, they seemed to be focused on the task at hand. Nearly intelligent almost. The concept of a more intelligent virus was intriguing. It could prove to be a much more challenging fight. But something still itched at him about deleting them.

Mark felt the same thing and vocalized this concern. "Tell me why you would like us to delete your hard work? Your life's work? This viruses seem more like pet and companions to you than fodder to be deleted." Mark flipped a chip over his knuckles while debating what should be done. Mark switched the line over to a private line as he talked with Trent. "What do you want to do?"

"Fight them," Trent responded back. He was speaking over the private line in his response. The challenge was too great for Trent. He had to have a go at these viruses. He flexed his grip in eagerness. His feet slid backwards as he lowered his stance and started to throw out his attack plan to Mark, over the private line. "We need to weaken them prior to me getting in there. The lines are too tight for an effective assault"

Mark, begrudgingly, spoke tactics back. Trent normally didn't ask him for any form of advice. This felt good to Mark. "Indeed. It would be hard to punch a hole in them right now with just the knives." Mark pulled the PET closer to his face as he focused on the screen while pulling up viral databases. "The candle in the front will be our biggest thorn I think. Lets hit that and then start down the lines." Mark slotted in the wavearm chip and the machine gun. "Use those for now and lets see what kind of damage can be done. Then we will start to focus fire."

Trent took the data from the chips and uploaded the wavearm into his right blade. The machine gun was held in reserve for use later. The navi looked once more at the virus trainer before swinging his wavearm enhanced blade downwards at the net floor with great power. Trent was swinging his arm in the direction of the candle object, not wanting to let it stay standing for long. As the navi's arm swung back up, a powerful energy shot from the crack in the floors and sped towards the Candle.

Trent took a back step and rolled over to the side having no doubt his opening assault would have inspired some returning attacks from the viruses. He got his feet back underneath him and summoned the machine gun chip. The data empowered his pistol greatly. When he withdrew the weapon, the barrel had been split into many different barrels. Trent aimed the machine gun at the center of the group, trying to throw fire down the lanes for when the fishy and elebee decided to charge at him. They would have to worry about all the bullets as they attacked, and the seemingly stationary killplant would have issues with the bullets also. Trent pulled the trigger, unleashing the attack. He re holstered his pistol after the attack and dived into another roll for safety sake. The last thing he wanted was to be a still target in the midst of all those powerful enemies.

Summary
1) Wavearm to Candle (80 + Piercing + Ground Attack + Chain 3 + B Accuracy)
2) Dodge
3) Machine Gun to Killplant and Fishy (30 x 9 Shots + Spray Fire + D Accuracy)
4) Dodge
Mark's remark instantly raised the eyebrow of the HeelNavi. "What? You think they're getting deleted?! Of course not! I've set things up so that they will simply be jacked out, like a Navi. To think I'd be so heartless...I see you must not have a very high opinion of me. Ah well, I suppose it can't be helped. HeelNavis and viruses have long been ostracized, after all, so it only stands to reason you'd be suspicious. But that's neither here nor there. Let us begin!"

As Trent started to whip up a shock wave along the ground, the CanDevil immediately got between him and the candle. Naturally, the attack passed right through the virus, but it had managed to throw off the aim JUST enough to where the candle was miraculously spared. The Net worked in mysterious ways, sometimes...

"CanDevil, I'm sure you wish to strike...but you must wait! Fishy, acquire its revenge on its behalf!"

But there was no time to ponder that, as the Fishy launched a powerful tackle attack. He attempted to dodge...but in an uncharacteristic move, he tripped over his own feet... but it accidentally veered off at the last moment, anyway, preventing him from taking damage.

"MachineGun, eh...RainGear, attempt evasive maneuvers!"

Luckily, it took a moment for the virus to process the information, allowing it to be hit before moving out of the bullet spray's range. The KillPlant appeared to be much luckier, as shots left and right kept missing...but the Navi managed to straighten things out enough for the last few bullets to fire true into the weed.

"Ah, thank goodness. KillPlant, fire at will!...But do not hit the obvious target..."

The Wood virus coughed up a large seed, which arced in the sky, only to land well behind Trent. Odd...

"EleBee, Yort, launch at will!"

Both viruses quickly prepared to use their attacks; the Elebee was slightly quicker, and tried to ram into the Navi, stinger first...only to misjudge its trajectory and miss completely. The giant yo-yo only had slightly better luck, uncharacteristically only landing a single blade on its opponent (15).

The candle's flame intensified for a few moments, causing the CanDevil to go ablaze itself. Much of the WaveArm damage then mysteriously vanished...

"Interesting...but you must strike truer if you wish to defeat us!"

CanDevilEX: 145 HP
KillPlantEX: 40 HP
RainGearEX: 90 HP

===FIELD CLUTTER===
Candle: 75 HP

===WELL-TESTED NAVI===
Trent.EXE: 175 HP

"I'm glad you set things up that way," Mark said in response to the actions of the heelnavi. "I meant nothing insulting by it. I wasn't implying you were heartless merely showing our concern for your work. Such unique viruses shouldn't be sent to the slaughter is all. I am sure Trent feels much more comfortable fighting them as well." Mark switched the communications back to a private line to speak directly to Trent. "That seed behind you is going to be a problem, I can feel it. We need to avoid whatever that does and get rid of the candle. I am going to send another sweeping chip, drop that candle!"

Trent felt the presence of the new data, the woodtower chip. It was one of the last sweeping group chips that he had access too. Sending the chip through a fire navi might not be the best idea. He would would need to surprise the candevil and send the woodtower second. "Shotgun, Mark!" Trent barked.

Mark slotted the requested chip in, completely used to being bossed at by Trent. "I am going to keep an eye out on that seed. Get the assault ready. After these attacks I think we should go in." This thought was extremely pleasing to Trent.

Trent reached to his side and pulled out the pistol from its holster. The barrel of the gun was large and wide, showing the properties of the chip that was augmenting it. Trent moved forwards a few steps, while leveling the sights on the weapon dead onto the CanDevil. In his other hand he gripped a knife blade that wasn't one of his main four. Trent pulled the trigger on the shotgun sending a wad of steel pellets towards the CanDevil. Trent took the new knife in his other hand and swung it low to the ground, its blade facing the net ways. At the bottom of his arms rotation, Trent released the knife and send it flying towards the ground before the CanDevil.

The knife was thrown too shortly to contact directly with the Candevil, but when it struck the pathways of the net, the knife exploded into several wood spikes. These spikes jumped from the ground, continuing the movement of the attack towards the CanDevil and hopefully through to the Candle on the other side.

Trent looked at the enemies. Two were far from him after blazing by him, and the others were grouped closer together near each other. A smirk fell over his face as he got an idea. "Send me the moonblade."

Mark did so and said, "That seed is acting rather odd. It doesn't appear to just be a missed attack. I would be very cautious of that thing as you attack again. Something is off with that attack."

Trent took mental note of what Mark said and looked over his shoulder at the seed. He cautiously took a few steps towards the lines before turning his head and attention back before him. Trent's eyes locked unto the elebee and fishy, knowing they would attempt another charge attack to him. Trent expelled a deep breath as he prepared himself. His picked his feet up and moved to the line of enemies.

Every few steps he checked back over his shoulder trying to get the fishy and elebee to take the bait and follow him. He was also checking that seed as his feet carried him to the enemy lines. As he arrived at his target Trent jumped into the air as a dodge attempt, letting his legs buckle under him once he landed to roll and add an extra maneuver to his dodging. He regained his balance, hoping that the elebee and Fishy would be flying towards him right now as he readied his moonblade.

Mark knew the recoil damage from this would be great. He nervously flipped the only method of healing in his knuckles, the totem chip. "Trent, save the moonblade. Activate Feel No Pain now. It'll make taking all that damage worth while.

Trent begrudgingly agreed, bringing the blade of choice back to his side, and instead starting the process for his feel no pain mode to activate. He braced himself for the incoming hits.

Summary
1) Shotgun to CanDevil (50 + Spread1)
2) Woodtower to Candevil and Candle (100 + Piercing + Ground Attack + Line-Chain + Wood)
*Free Action: Fast Warrior: Tactical Movement To the three enemies, checking over shoulder at the seed
3) Dodge
4) Feel No Pain Process Attack (Time Delay Attribute(Start of Next turn) + Shadow)
An odd silence covered the battlefield, as Trent fired guns and sent forth wooden spears at the CanDevil and its healing device. The former was completely flawless, penetrating the flame virus to nail the candle behind it, and while the WoodTower wasn't quite as perfect, it lanced its target, causing it to jack out. A virus jacking out...that was definitely NOT something one saw every day. The attack went on to miss the candle, but it was destroyed in a mini-explosion, as its main power source was gone.

"Elebee, Fishy, strike again at will!"

As the Navi headed over for some slightly less aerial foes, the flying viruses teamed up once again, attempting to ram their target once again. The Elebee somehow managed to screw up its aim even worse this time, not even requiring Trent to move to avoid being harmed. Unfortunately, the Fishy had the opposite problem, and despite evasive maneuvers, hit him square in the chest (30).

"Very well, it is time...RainGear, attack that seed!"

The Aqua virus looked around for the seed...but was unable to properly locate it, due to Trent being in its way.

"It's a bit behind your opponent...perhaps 15 feet? Ah, I know! Make sure that the attack you use is AquaTower!"

After a moment of pondering, it opened its mouth, creating geysers that popped up in a line, one after the other. Luckily, that line didn't intersect with either Trent or the TreeBomb. Whoops.

"That's...slightly problematic...Yort, go ahead and strike!"

The virus let loose its large, bladed discus, and had slightly more success, as it hit the Navi with a pair of revolutions (30). Behind him, however, the seed from before sank into the ground, and began to trigger WoodTowers from its spot over to him...he proved too much for it, however, as the series of strikes managed to entirely miss a stationary foe.

With that, Trent's defenses took a significant boost, making him immune to nearly all attacks. This raised the eyebrow of the HeelNavi once again...

"An interesting ploy...but we shall not surrender!"

CanDevilEX: EJO
KillPlantEX: 40 HP
RainGearEX: 90 HP

===FIELD CLUTTER===
Candle: DELETED

===WELL-TESTED NAVI===
Trent.EXE: 115 HP (Shadow)

The damage to Trent was far less than what he expected it to be. An insulting smirk crossed his face as he rose his shoulders back up as his form was darkening. The outline of the warrior became dark and bold, as the volume shadows on his body became harsh edges of light, making him look like a comic book character. He stretched his back and puffed his chest out. As the final part of the transformation finished, with his face darkening last, his hand flashed to an aggressive position, with the blade pointing down to the ground. "My Turn."

Trent pushed his weight forwards quickly and harshly, his shoulders leading the way as he took the final steps towards the three closest viruses. On his final step, he landed on his toes and activated the moonblade chip. His thrust his blade hand out while locking his elbow and tightening his grip as the force from the chip overtook his body. He was forced to spin on his toes, his body being pulling around in a broad arc by the blade in his hands.

Mark smiled as Trent set off. He shifted quickly through the chips, finding every good slashing based chip that he could find. Trent would be happy to get his hands on any of these right now. The advantage was all his at this moment. "Ok Trent, the only one of them that can still bother you is the Yort. Drop it if you can, but lets focus on spreading out our advantage as best as possible. We have the speed and offense to finish several of them. Slotting in weapons."

He picked up the Kunai chip, the sword, and the elecknife for use. He left the ability for which Trent would want to use a bit more open ended. Mark gathered one more chip in his hand, the one he was hoping would be used next by Trent, and flipped it between his knuckles. It was one Trent wasn't use to, but if everything went according to plan, which it even did, then this chip would be the final one used.

Trent regained his balance from using the moonblade and holstered the knife. He popped his shoulders once, feeling nearly empowered by the idea that he knew the viruses would be attacking and the attacks would be going right through. He turned to face the Yort, the only enemy capable of harming him in his current state and pulled out three knives from his side. The kunai chip was the first weapon of choice by Trent, and he threw one of the blades towards the Yort, hoping the damage from the moonblade and the kunai would be enough to finish it off. Two kunai still remained. With a twist of the shoulders and a glance of the eyes he threw the first of the two remaining blades at the Fishy.

In a dexterous move he flipped the remaining blade to his dominate hand and grasped it by the blade. Reeling his arm back over his hand, he locked his eyes upon his target and threw the last blade at the fishy.

The final moments of his glorious attack were running to an end, and Trent wouldn't let the chosen viruses live past this stage of his attacks. His large hand withdrew the longest blade he had, which was glowing blue and had been augmented with the sword chip. He raised it to an offensive level as he moved towards the Fishy virus. The most damage of the viruses so far was the fishy. If he couldn't drop it soon, then the following damage could be bad. His hand readied the blue weapon and he moved towards the fishy. In a brilliant flash of light the sword slashed across the front of Trent, energy trailing behind. Trent shifted his back weight forwards and spun his body, slashing upwards at the hovering target.

Trent stepped back from the fishy, and looked back over his shoulder to see the results of his attacks, a proud and arrogant expression on his face. Mark couldn't help but hold the same expression, the attacks couldn't have gone much better with all the misses from the enemies. "Your viruses should be glad they have the EJO system," Trent remarked. "Maybe surrender would be a good plan at this point."

Summary
1) Moonblade1 to RaingearEX, YortEX, KillPlantEX (90 + Slashing + Spin Attack + 1-3 targets @ B Accuracy)
2) Kunai to FishyEX(2) and Yort EX(1) (30 + Slashing + Variable Targeting)
Free Action: SwordPlay: Dodge
3) Sword to FishyEX (80 + Slashing)
4) Sword to FishyEX (80 + Slashing)
Trent's malicious smile caused the HeelNavi's eyes to narrow, though exactly why was hard to tell when he lacked a proper face.

"That's the...Shadow defense, isn't it? A very strong defense, to be sure. But it is hardly invincible! Yort, attack!"

The virus proceeded to try and buzzsaw the Navi, and though it only got in a single blow, it was enough; his bravado had been for nothing (15, Loss of Shadow). Though, on the other hand, his MoonBlade execution proved perfect, and the RainGear and KillPlant were both instantly forced to exit the battle. Continuing the Genin fueled assault, he threw knives at two of the remaining viruses; both Fishy targeting kunai hit their mark, but the Yort managed to avoid a finishing blow.

"Fishy! Elebee! Engage in a counteroffensive! Quickly!"

Trent wasted no time in using his innate ability to try and avoid incoming contact. While he once again managed to avoid the Elebee, it put him square in the path of the green, decidedly non-fishlike virus...and contrary to his signature's name, he definitely did feel some pain from that (30). On the plus side, it also put it in perfect position to get carved up by Sword, causing its EJO as well.

The HeelNavi's gazed narrowed once again at the other Navi's quip, but this time it was obvious that it was in disdain. "This is more than a mere battle. Surrender is not an option. It seems grace in the cusp of victory is not one of your strong points...not to mention that my odds are not at zero percent yet! It's a bit too early for taunting!"

FishyEX: EJO HP
KillPlantEX: EJO
RainGearEX: EJO
YortEX: 30 HP

===FIELD CLUTTER===

===WELL-TESTED NAVI===
Trent.EXE: 70 HP

"It's never too early for taunting," Trent remarked. "The more angry your opponent gets from hearing simple jeering, the more likely they are to screw up." Trent turned his massive form upon the Yort virus, and reached his spare hand to his belt, duel arming himself with a knife and his current sword chip. In a flash he descended upon the yort, his saber grip dagger leading the charge as he rolled towards the target. With a quick bounce step and a flick of the wrist he jabbed the knife forwards and attempted to finish off the last bit of health that the Yort had. Even if he didn't finish him off, the elebee was the true target.

"Being the only thing that hasn't hit you, dropping the elebee is top priory among the two. We don't know what he can do, but we do know what the Yort can do," Mark said, for once seeming to think right on track with the thoughts of his navi. A chip that Trent wouldn't normally use was slotted in, being the only piece of extra data he would receive on this attack. Trent himself was puzzled by the chosen chip, but soon figured out the simple idea. "Work it in," Mark instructed.

"Understood," Trent responded with glee. He ran off towards the elebee, trying to move up as close to the fast target as possible. His heavy steps pounded on the net ways, creating a terrifying image with the sword drawn backwards. The glow from the blade illuminated his eager face as he got to execute damn near his perfect idea of a charge. Once he was close enough to the insect, a large hand reached up to claw the bee back down, trying to grasp unto the belly of the virus. While Trent attempted to rake in the bee with his left hand, his right sword hand come up in a flash trying to spear the insect with great force in the mid section. The entire attack was dramatic, with even with a sick twist of his blade at the end.

He released his grip on the sword chip, and moved a hand down to his his boot, pulling out a small defensive dagger. This he also slammed into the belly of the beast, ice pick form, trying to hold his grip on the virus just a few moments longer. Long enough to pull his heavy boot to the virus, knocking it directly backwards. Trent took a shuffle step back, keeping his body low, as he prepared the final attack.

Mark couldn't help but smile a bit at the theatrical fashion Trent was executing his movements and choosing his attacks. "You ready? I know you haven't had much use from this chip, but it is our best shot at ensuring the deletion." Mark crossed his fingers as Trent withdrew the chip from his side. One of his large knives had been twisted and contorted into a boomerang chip. His arm cut the arm as he pulled the attack back, glaring down the elebee. The motions of the insect were spastic and random, making his aim unsure. When the moment appeared, Trent flung the damaging chip forwards, the sound of it cutting the air and overriding the buzz of the elebee in his ears. Trent regained his footing, pulled his arms before his body in defense and observed the battlefield.

Summary
1) Combat Tactic: Quick Slashes to YortEX (30 + Slashing + Dodge)
Free Action: Fast Warrior: Tactical Movement to the Elebee
Free Action: Get Back Here: Pull ElebeeEX Closer
2) Sword to ElebeeEX (80 + Slashing)
Free Action: Swordplay: Dodge
3) Combat Tactic Disengage to ElebeeEX (60 + Slashing + Knockback + Dodge)
4) Boomerang Chip to ElebeeEX ((60 + Group Attack (Arc) + Wood)x2)
"Mmm...and yet, by keeping a level head, I have discovered your ruse. It shows what not surrendering to anger can do, hmm?" However, that nugget proved to be somewhat lost, as Trent proceeded to systematically carve apart the remaining two viruses, ending the battle.

ElebeeEX: EJO
FishyEX: EJO
KillPlantEX: EJO
RainGearEX: EJO
YortEX: EJO

===FIELD CLUTTER===

===WELL-TESTED NAVI===
Trent.EXE: 70 HP

---BATTLE SEVEN, COMPLETE
---THE END?

Rewards: (none)

As the Elebee, like its teammates, vanished to parts unknown, the HeelNavi walked over to to Trent, clapping slowly. "Ah, well done! I can't say I appreciate the attitude, but your battle technique was quite good! You've overcome every obstacle...I can do nothing but admit defeat! I'll let the GNA that your mission ended in rousing success. And I'll also send along some things I imagine you'll enjoy greatly..."

Without warning, he backed off a few steps, and began to glow. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be off! After all, without my viruses, I'm defenseless. May your future endeavors be as fruitful as your present one!" And with that, in a blackish beam of light, he was gone. Looked like things were finally done.
Trent smiled at everything that the heelnavi said, including the bit about his attitude. "It was a very fun final fight. We shall be on the look out for more viruses that aren't as malicious, as uncommon as they may be."

Mark agreed and said, "I didn't know about the existence of such viruses. It was certainly an enjoyable challenge. They fought very well."

Trent gave a nod as the heelnavi left, and instantly turned around to Mark and said, "Lets get out of here and respond to the GNA, telling them of the mission. I want my rewards after all of that." Trent sheathed his knife and examined the field once more. This was quite enjoyable, now that he thought about the whole endeavor. Including the parts where Mark couldn't figure out the clues.

He turned to the digital projection of Mark and waited as his operator spoke.

"I am also excited about this. What do you want out of your SP unit? Have you given any thought to it yet?"

"A little."

With that a beam of blue light descended down and removed the Fighter from the nets.

{Jack out}