Investigate! Voulge and Ignis!

((Doing this on a different computer. I'll finish this when I get back home))

As Ignis was nearly cut in half by the boomerang, he hurried away from his hiding place and dashed to a further, safer location. At this rate, he was going to be deleted at any given moment and Ignis could only cower and hide from the Mirror Navi. Realizing the danger his SP is along with the charging Magnum at his enemy's hand, Voulge detached himself from the guard chip and sent it to Ignis via P.E.T. Connection. Humble, but too egotistical to admit it, Ignis only replied with, "Che! Do you think I need something like this to protect me?...But since you already did give it to me...". And so, Ignis found cover behind the guard chip and silently waited till he needed to move to the next shelter.

Now, Voulge could focus towards his enemy. From the look of it, the Mirror Navi was charging the magnum so he could strike both Voulge and Ignis in one shot. Voulge knew he could be able to withstand a direct shot, barely, but Ignis couldn't. He started to move step by step near Ignis and slowly formed the earthly shield to protect him. Voulge knew, from his experience from handling the chip, that the attack was going to come in the next second or two. He dug his feet into the ground and faced the shield towards the barrel of the Magnum. He also kept his eye on Ignis just in case something unexpected happens. If something does happen, he could easily reallocate his shield to block unexpected attacks.

As soon as the enemy's move was finished, Voulge could only hope for few things to happen. First, the Guard that protected Ignis would've deflected the enemy's attack and destroy his shield. Secondly, the navi would have made the similar decision as Voulge would and move closer with his Magnum. If then, the enemy would be in his attack range and Voulge could easily lay down two hits on it. He took out a short sword out from his brigandine and transformed the Lancea into a oriental naginata. Voulge took a quick glace at where the Mirror Navi was and pounced towards him. With the naginata on his right arm, he gave out a wide, powerful swipe across his enemy and followed it with his short sword. Instantly, Voulge retreated away from his enemy as soon as he was finished with his own attack. He knew how capable he himself was in close combat, and he would need to avoid it at any cost. But, that didn't mean Voulge was done. Putting the short sword back, he gripped his weapon with both hands and it transformed into a Fishy completely covered in silver armor similar to Voulge's. It took off in supersonic and headed straight for the Mirror Navi enemy once more.

Actions:
Ignis: Dodge / Relocate to a safer location
1. Transfer [Guard1] to Ignis
* Phalanx Aspis [1-hit Shield]
2. Move near Ignis / Protect him if needed
3. Retaliate w/ Sword [80/Slash] @ Mirror Navi
4. Continuous Slash w/ Sword [80/Slash] @ Mirror Navi
* Swordplay [Dodge]
5. DashAttack [90/Impact/Hit in line {Up to 5}] @ Mirror Navi
((BUMP))
Voulge transferred his Guard to Ignis while bracing himself and his support program for the inevitable impact of the enemy Magnum. The Mirror Navi unleashed the two round blast at Voulge and Ignis, decimating both shields as well as his own from the Guard's reflectedness.

Voulge rushed in and slashed at his opponent with two consecutive strikes before moving back and avoiding a lame Firehit. The copy was starting to down on its last breaths and was starting to show signs of fatigue. Voulge mercilessly smashed his way through his copy with a DashAttack, knocking him down hard. The Mirror Navi crawled back up with the aid of a rocky outcrop and created another shield but his speed was dropping and the bits of rock gathered up very slowly.

Mirror Navi: 60 HP [1-hit shield]

Terrain: 50% Lava, 20% Normal, 30% Cracked

Voulge: 140 HP
Ignis: 5 HP
Voulge was nearly out of breath. The battle was prolonged much longer than the navi expected, but it was all coming near to the end. He saw as his once powerful enemy pathetically summon another shield and scoffed, but he was in the near same situation as his enemy was when his own shield lost its once strong structure. Ignis quickly relocated to a different hide out once his shield was completely destroyed. "If I only had my old body back!!"

Slowly, Voulge walked towards the Mirror Navi and his eyes locked on to the Mirror Navi with intensity. "In the end, you were nothing but a weak imitation. But you fought well!!". Both of his arms transformed into a deadly sharp claws and it nearly left dents on Voulge's Avaria-Lancea. "Be gone!". Voulge took his weapon and threw it at the Mirror Navi's shield like a Javelin. The chain connecting the lance and the navi was just about to run short before Voulge ran to catch up to the thrown weapon. The lance should've struck the shield and dismantled the Mirror Navi's defense. It was then Voulge started to furiously punch/swipe his enemy with his claw.

The speed Voulge was going at wasn't too quick, but his power could literally crack the Mirror Navi's crystal body into tiny pieces. By the end, the claws worn out from the constant attack, but he didn't stop. The right gauntlet glowed orange and the weakened metals literally melted and dropped down to the lavas on the ground. His fist caught on fire spontaneously, but Voulge didn't strike immediately. He pulled his fist back to his hip and vigilantly focused towards the Mirror Navi's body. Voulge was waiting till something happened, but it wasn't happening anytime soon. Suddenly! the fist flew in a blink of an eye, only leaving behind the trail of fire that was slow to catch up.

Actions:
Ignis: Hide/Evade
*Phalanx Aspis [1-Hit Shield]
1. Ruby Assault [12 Damage / Fire / Melee / Buster] @ Mirror Navi's Shield
2. RageClaw [40/Slashing/Grapple] @ Mirror Navi
3. RageClaw [40/Slashing/Grapple] @ Mirror Navi
4. Focus/Aim
5. FireHit1 [60+15/Melee] @ Mirror Navi
* Swordplay [Dodge]
The Mirror navi was battered to deletion under the flurry of blows, unable to escape. Voulge stood victorious over his foe but his vision started to blur. He collapsed and awoke to find Ignis and Marius shouting his name. The crystal waterfall was still intact and none of his wounds he sustained from the battle were there. Ignis seemed to be in decent health.

Had he imagined the entire fight? Under a small crystal pool that seemed to have been smashed open laid a cache of zenny and bug frags and a tablet inscription that read, "KNOW THYSELF".

Weird.

Mirror Navi: ???

Terrain: 100% Normal

Voulge: 180 HP
Ignis: 35 HP

[Battle 5 - Victory!]

Get: 2000z + 50 bugfrags
Voulge's head felt fuzzy and massaged his forehead to relieve it. "Voulge! What happened!". Marius' tone of voice had small amount of concern, but it the expression on his face didn't tell so. "I don't know. How long was I out.". Ignis floated right next to Voulge and headbutted the navi with all his (petty) might. "Che! 'How long was I out?' You sound so lame!"

The navi got up to his feet with the help of Ignis and the Lancea. His wounds was completely gone, but some of the pains still lingered through out his body. "Marius, just what happened?". Marius was now calmer in his tone, "You just blanked out when you saw that crystal waterfall. Then you just fell and laid there on the ground like you were dead." Voulge nodded and walked towards the "loot" of his battle. He saw the Tablet along with the rewards, but he disregarded what it said and walked away from the waterfall.

"Marius, we should hurry. We're going to be late for the tournament."

Marius nodded and clicked few buttons on his PET to grant his Navi a safe passage back to his Homepage. "KNOW THYSELF..."

======
PLUG OUT
======