Tracking in Frost

Wyvern teleported into the ice field in a beam of green energy, immediately covering herself with her arms even though she was well protected by her armour - and unable to feel 'cold' in the first place. "I-i-it feels good to get out again." She commented, looking towards some tall digital glaciers in the distance that sat like mountains.

"It was about time we did something." Vita commented, laid out on her floor. In the sweltering heat of the day, she had stripped down to almost a swimsuit and was enjoying an icy drink. "Now that school is all done, I've got lots of spare time. Maybe I can even feel a little cooler."

"Couldn't we just have gone to the beach? It's the season, after all." Wyvern commented, standing up straight and crossing her arms.

"Stop playing games. It's about time we get to do something interesting." Z-Dragon hissed.

A pillar of red light formed behind them that slowly formed into Rokon.SP. The foxy woman stretched her arms and then froze in place, looking to Wyvern and dropping her arms to her sides. She bowed to the Navi and then straightened once more. "Happy to be of service again, mistress."

"Happy to have you, Rokon." Wyvern said with a wave, looking back up in the direction she always assumed Vita was. "So where to?"

"Well... Anywhere, I guess." Vita told her, sipping her drinking and letting out a satisfied sigh. "South?"

"Which was is south?"

"I dunno."

"Southward then!" Wyvern called out, heading in a completely random direction further into the ice field.

[Ready for Battle 1]
Walking through the ice fields, Wyvern and Rokon found themselves on an icy road, surrounded by snow on either side. The road was pretty wide, and it was getting more and more slippery by the second. To top things off, they found some enemies ahead of them. Some Nautilus-type viruses were floating around at the edge of the ice road a little back, while a Slimey opted to look at its own reflection in the ice at the front. Their attention was diverted as Wyvern approached, and their behavior clearly suggested hostility.

-- ENEMIES --
Nautilus A: 60 HP (Snow)
Nautilus B: 60 HP (Ice)
Slimey: 90 HP (Ice)

-- ALLIES --
Wyvern.EXE: 120 HP (Ice)
Rokon.SP: 50 HP (Ice)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Ice, 40% Snow

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
"Ah! A road! Finally!" Wyvern commented, rushing down onto the path and immediately slipping and landing on her backside. She drifted slowly across the icy surface until she ended up on the other side, then pulled herself up like a child learning to ice skate for the first time.

"Mistress, are you alright?" Rokon asked from the other side, carefully getting onto the surface and balancing herself.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Wyvern responded, brushing a little snow off her armour. "Do we have anything for all this ice, Vita?" She asked the operator, making slow strides down the road.

"Well, not really, no." Vita said to her, having a short day dream about ice skating in the cool winter air... Instead of roasting in her apartment. She had to keep a fan on her PET to make sure it didn't start to overheat at all.

It took a little time, but the group finally came across another form of digital life. Viruses, playing with the snow and ice. Wyvern slid to a slow stop and looked at them, then back the way they came, and then met the gaze of the viruses again. "Have we met these guys before?"

"Who cares? We just need to delete them." Z-Dragon interjected, shifting his jaw.

"It matters! I don't know what they do. Are they going to shoot lasers or reflect attacks?" Wyvern complained, setting her arms up to guard her.

"I can't remember... You're thinking about that video game we were playing though." Vita commented.

"Oh... Oooh! Oh, you're right!" She said, letting out a sigh. "Alright then! Rokon, try out some of your new techniques. I'm going to get some of the dust knocked out of my systems!" She called back, turning forward to the viruses and suddenly summoning a bomb into her hand. She hefted it down the ice towards the Slime in front, and them immediately tried to get working on some maneuvers. What she ended up doing was little more than sliding to the side, but she'd have to get a little more aggressive with movements as the battle went on.

One of Rokon's ankles began to glow with a hot flame as she suddenly kicked skillfully upwards and created an arc of fire that launched down the ice road towards one of the Nautili. She landed on both feet and skidded a little on the ice but did what she could to keep herself standing. A pistol formed in her hand and she blasted a follow-up shot towards the same enemy, otherwise focused on her footing.

"Looking good, Rokon!" Wyvern commented, pulling an arm in front of herself as a Guard1 shield quickly formed out of thin air. It covered her from the front completely, so Z-Dragon peeked his head out and blew out a spinning disc of electrical energy that headed towards another one of the Nautilus viruses in the back. Wyvern held the shield in place and twisted her feet to keep her stable on the ice, particularly so her Dragon 'friend' could get his aim.

Actions
Wyvern.EXE
1: Magbomb1 Battle Chip: Slimey (30 Elec + 10 Elemental Bonus [One Target] + Blast 3 [+1 Break Bonus] + Stun 1)
2: Dodge/Footing
3: Guard1 Battle Chip: ([1 Hit Shield] + [Reflect up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack])
4: ZapRing1 Battle Chip: NautilusB (40 Elec + 10 Elemental Bonus [One Target] + Stun 1)
5: Dodge/Footing

Rokon.SP
1: Burning Crescent Signature Attack: NautilusA (40 Fire + Slashing)
2: Attack: NautilusA (20 Damage)
[5 day bump]
Wyvern started off with a bomb, but the presence of the Slimey seemed to slow everything down, not like it mattered, but the Magbomb missed.... except the blast pretty much hit spot on, so there was no real difference. It seems that Wyvern had the Slimey's attention and it... crawled? toward the navi, before stopping, and exploding. Ok, that was done for.

Rokon zoomed in on the first Nautilus virus, delivering a powerful flaming kick, only to be blocked by a bubble the Nautilus used to wrap itself in. Going past that, Rokon managed to blast it through with her gun.

Unfortunately, this made Rokon extremely vulnerable to a counter-attack. The Nautilus blasted towers of water at Rokon that doused her entirely.... and froze her solid, wuh-oh. It also seemed Rokon's previous flaming kick had melted the snow below the Nautilus and generated some kind of Fog in the area.

Wyvern skated in, holding up a Guard while the other Nautilus wrapped itself in a bubble and fired off an AquaTower, only to have it reflected right in its face. Z-Dragon barfed out a Zapring, frying the Nautilus completely.

One more...

-- ENEMIES --
Nautilus A: 40 HP (Ice)(In front of Rokon)(Fog)
Nautilus B: DELETED
Slimey: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Rokon.SP: 10 HP (Snow)(Frozen!)(In front of NautilusA)(Fog)

-- TERRAIN --
61% Ice, 39% Snow
"Damn, Rokon!" Wyvern called out as the tower of water froze into a solid pillar around the support program. Frozen in place in the pillar, Rokon was stuck in the pose of blocking the incoming attack to reduce damage. A pretty weak attempt, after she had attacked so aggressively in the first place and left herself open. "Zed, we've got to take that out fast." Wyvern commanded.

"Don't get all pissy when your toy gets hurt." The dragon said back to her, taking a deep breath and then blowing out a small electric wasp that shot forward towards the last Nautilus.

"Freezing attacks..." Wyvern contemplated under her breath, lowering her center of gravity to have an easier time on the ice. She slid off to the side in order to get circle around the last enemy and hopefully attack from a direction that wouldn't risk hitting Rokon.

"Do you even plan to hit that thing with the snow in the air?" Z-Dragon asked, curling his neck down so that he wouldn't just get repeatedly flung by Wyvern's movements.

"We've got to try! Just fire off another round." She ordered. The dragon growled a little and let a build-up of electricity form in his mouth, soon sending out a set of bolts towards the last enemy. Wyvern did what she could to stay stable during the fire and slid back and then to the side.

Actions
Wyvern.EXE
1: Arrow1 Battle Chip: Nautilus A (100 Elec + 10 Elemental Bonus + Homing)
2: Movement
3: Dragon Rage Signature Attack: Nautilus A (5 Elec x 8 Attacks + Multi-Hit)
4: Dodge
5: Dodge

Rokon.SP
1: Frozen!
2: Frozen still?
Firing off an Arrow chip, the electric wasp buzzed around, but didn't find the Nautilus due to the misty fog protecting it. The wasp still stayed around, though, hovering around the target area, trying to find some kind of place to direct its static sting. Meanwhile, the Nautilus put up another barrier again, but Z-Dragon's bolt blasts burst the bubble boldly, and burned it out.

-- ENEMIES --
Nautilus A: DELETED
Nautilus B: DELETED
Slimey: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Rokon.SP: 10 HP (Snow)(Frozen!)(In front of NautilusA)(Fog)

-- TERRAIN --
61% Ice, 39% Snow

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[BubbleWrap] Battlechip
300 Zenny
11 BugFrags
"Ah~h. That was scary." Wyvern pointed out, leaning against the pillar of ice that held Rokon. She knocked on the exterior a couple of times, and in response the ice shattered and dropped Rokon to the ground, still in her guard pose. "Are you okay, Rokon?" Wyvern asked, brushing some of the ice off the support program.

"I... I am fine, Mistress." Rokon replied, swallowing hard and looking around.

"Really? Maybe we should let you rest for a bit..." Wyvern began to suggest, Rokon reaching out and stopping her hand.

"Please, have no such concerns." Rokon told the Navi. "I will keep myself on the defensive in the next battle, and use my new techniques to restore my own energy." She explained.

"Could you two stop yapping so we can move on already?" Z-Dragon told them both, Wyvern nodding.

"Alright. Let's move on then!" Wyvern said, heading slowly down the icy path.

[Ready for Battle 2]
Wyvern and Rokon come across an ice-skating ring surrounded by snow. Pengis slip and slide around on the ice, having fun, when they detect Wyvern and Rokon's presence! They seem a bit angry at them for coming, and one snaps(?) his fingers, summoning a SnowBlow right in front of Wyvern and Rokon!

--ENEMIES--
PengiA: 80 HP (Ice)
PengiB: 80 HP (Ice)
PengiC: 80 HP (Ice)
SnowBlow: 100 HP (Snow)(In front!)

--TERRAIN--
60% Ice (Skating Rink in the center)
40% Snow (surrounding Ice)

--YOU GUYS--
Wyvern.EXE: 120 HP (Snow)
Rokon.SP: 10 HP (Snow)

-BATTLE 2-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
The duo (Trio?) made their way further down the path until they found their way to a skating rink where some penguin viruses were playing. Of course , they were quickly discovered as well. "Aww, aren't they - Jeez!" Wyvern called out, jumping back when one of the Penguins summoned a monster right in front of them. "Dragon, shoot it!" She called, Z-Dragon reacting faster than he realised and coughing up an electric wasp before he mentally caught up with what was going on. "Next up, one bomb..."

"Wait!" Vita suddenly called out, realising something. "Those penguins, I think..."

"What, do they not blow up good?" Wyvern asked, stopping as the bomb formed in her hand.

"Hold on, hold on, I know this..." Vita said. "The Virus Wiki on the boards!" She said, biting a finger and rolling onto her back. "People put up all kinds of things... Those guys.. Penguins... Pengi! They're invincible on ice!"

"Of all the cheap tactics!" Wyvern said, stomping a foot on the ground. A wave of magentic tiles started to sweep forward, focused on taking out as much of ice as possible.

"Is no one bothered by the fact that that penguin snapped its flipper??" Z-Dragon interjected as Wyvern tossed her bomb and started to dodge quickly around the magnetic tiles.

Rokon added to the first wave of fire by drawing her pistol, the barrel of it transforming as a single flame formed at the end. She fired a beam of energy towards one of the Pengi and then quickly dived into one of the snow banks in order to keep her off of the slippery ice or the slowing magnets.

Wyvern quickly drew a pair of bombs and tossed them at the Pengi as well, hopefully adding a bit to her last barrage of attacks. She then charged forward and tried her best to run a circle around the Pengi in order to draw and dodge their fire as best she could while remaining on her own magnet tiles.

Actions
Wyvern.EXE
1: Arrow1 Battle Chip: SnowBlow (100 Elec + 10 Type Bonus + Homing)
X: SetMagnet: Large Area Magnet Tile Change
2: Magbomb Battle Chip: PengiA (30 Elec + 5 Type Bonus + Blast 3 (+1 Break Bonus) + Stun 1)
3: Dodge
4: Doublebomb Battle Chip: PengiA, PengiC (20 Damage + Blast 3 (+1 Break Bonus) x 2 Bombs)
5: Dodge

Rokon.SP
1: Firefox Soulsteal Signature Attack: PengiB (40 Fire + 20 Fire Drain)
2: Dodge
Setting an Arrow bee towards the SnowBlow, Wyvern quickly took care of it as it was deleted before it could make a single attack. Immediately following after, the icy floor beneath the Pengi was turned straight into a magnetic hellhole, though the electrical fields didn't affect them just yet. Their course of action was to launch several giant snowflakes at Wyvern and co. which went up and down the field in an oscillating pattern. Two of them never hit their target, but one clocked Wyvern in the chest and began to freeze her arms and Z-Dragon solid! Undeterred, bombs were produced by the warrior and they were thrown in the viruses' direction, causing a good deal of mayhem. Strangely enough, however, her throws seemed to be extremely bad on that particular day, and she did not see the kind of mayhem she wanted to see. By the time she realized it, her attacking protocols had been completely locked as well.

--ENEMIES--
PengiA: 60 HP (Magnet)
PengiB: 60 HP (Magnet)
PengiC: DELETED
SnowBlow: DELETED

--TERRAIN--
60% Magnet (Former Skating Rink in the center)

--YOU GUYS--
Wyvern.EXE: 100 HP (Snow) (Frozen!)
Wyvern covered her chest with her arm just as the ice started to climb along her and froze them in thick ice, followed by covering Z-Dragon completely as well. The extra weight wasn't going to throw her off guard, but she let out high pitched grunt of annoyance at being stuck like that. "W-what? Thi-this is so unfair! Aa-a-and cold!" She commented, realising that with her arms as they currently were she wouldn't be able to do much in the ways of attacking for the moment. "Zed, what about you?" She asked, hoping the cannon-dragon was okay.

"Haaaaatttttee..." Z-Dragon barely got through the sheath of ice that had trapped him in place.

"I will do what I can, Mistress!" Rokon declared, immediately kicking a burning crescent across the magnetic tiles towards one of the Pengi, and then adding a follow-up blast from her pistols to really get the point across.

Wyvern did what she could to dodge, able to do so much more easily on the snow and magentic tiles than she could on the ice. She would have to look into doing something about that... Regardless, she knew the movements of the ice attacks pretty well. What she had her eye out for, however, was if Rokon came into danger. When she saw the second attack firing from the support program, she knew that she wouldn't be able to dodge. She grit her teeth and moved in the way, hoping that she could at least activate one chip even with her arms bound in front of her by ice.

Actions
Wyvern.EXE
1-5: Dodge unless
If (attack targets Rokon): Jump in path, attempt Guard1 Battle Chip ([1 Hit Shield] + [Reflect up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack])
X: Drake Vitality Signature Attack: Wyvern (Recovers 15 HP)

Rokon.SP
1: Burning Crescent Signature Attack: PengiA (40 Fire)
2: Attack: PengiA (20 Damage)
One Pengi down courtesy of Rokon's fiery moves, Wyvern thawed out, healed, blah blah blah. Not much going on.

--ENEMIES--
PengiA: DELETED
PengiB: 60 HP (Magnet)

--TERRAIN--

--YOU GUYS--
Wyvern.EXE: 115 HP (Snow)
"Yes!" Wyvern explained, breaking out of the shell of ice that had covered her up. "Okay, time to take this guy out." She commented, looking back to Z-Dragon. Her neck was crawling with the glowing lines of scales as she regenerated from the damage of the earlier attack.

"My job? Fine." The Dragon head said, shaking off the last bits of ice on his jaw. He opened his mouth and blasted a ring of electrical energy, followed by a line of electrical bolts. He didn't get much farther as Wyvern quickly moved forwards onto the magnet tiles and then dodged around. Rokon followed up by doing the same in the opposite direction, going through the snow bank.

Actions
Wyvern.EXE
X: Drake Vitality Signature Attack: Wyvern (Recovers 15 HP)
1: ZapRing1 Battle Chip: PengiB (40 Elec + 10 Elemental Bonus + Stun 1)
2: Dragon Rage Signature Attack: PengiB (5 Elec x 8 Hits)
3: Movement
4: Dodge

Rokon.SP
1: Dodge
2: Dodge
((According to the shop threads, you have only purchased 1 speed upgrade, so you would have 4 actions, not 5.))
[Goddamnit I've been making that stupid a mistake this entire thread! My character sheet even says 4 actions. [img]http://z6.ifrm.com/static/emo/12.png[/img] Well, I edited the last post but I can't make up for the rest of them. I'll stand by any decisions made on how to retroactively fix matters.]
Z-Dragon's electrical barrage was more than enough to finish off the virus as Wyvern and Rokon watched.

--ENEMIES--
PengiA: DELETED
PengiB: DELETED

--TERRAIN--

Battle 2 Complete!

--YOU GUYS--
Wyvern.EXE: 115 HP (Snow)