Would you just- Let's go?

Traceur traveled along the Beach Net, tall and proud about his new battlechip. Before he knew it, he went from the sunny beach into the green forest. Traceur came across a small body of water and stopped for a quick rest, only to be watched by cautious eyes. Behind the navi was two Bagworms staring eye to eye till they zipped up into the woods. As strange as it was, Traceur resumed his rest till viruses started to come out from the water and the woods!

ShellgeekA: 100
ShellgeekB: 100
ShellgeekC: 100
MushyA: 80
MushyB: 80
MushyC: 80
BagwormA: 80 [In the ceiling]
BagwormB: 80 [In the ceiling]

Traceur: 100 HP

Terrain: 30% Aqua, 70% Grass

-BATTLE THREE, START!-
"Mushrooms, Mussels and uh, I don't know another M word for those pine-cone things. I bet they'd burn real well. Wish I had a fire elemental attack." Traceur muttered darkly, as he watched the viruses closely. "What do you think we can do against them, Jo?" With that question, Traceur readied himself into a better position to initiate the assault, trying to ready his senses as best he could. He could ascertain that the clams were electric elemental, as well as that the mushies and bagworms were wood-type element. However, he didn't have any fire chips.

"Traceur, these viruses are unlike almost any we've seen before. Be careful. I've never even heard of a shellfish virus... but with stuff like Bunny viruses floating around, I suppose I should be prepared for anything. What chips do you want from me?" Joanne asked, grimacing slightly. The situation looked dim, with very bad intelligence on their current foes. Basic facts could be gleaned from their looks, but basic looks were often innaccurate when it came to a scrap. Joanne could tell more than one thing about that one.

"I'll have to do it with mostly brute force..." He muttered darkly, but had a sudden flash of inspiration. "Jo, give me whatever!" Traceur called out, charging into the fray and slapping his right hand into the ground, where it submerged for a moment. As he withdrew it, a field of electricity rippled out, transforming the panels in a wide area around him into magnetic panels. "Heh. I'd like to see them try to move in this..." The navi grinned as he fired his pistol once at one of the creepy shellfish, feeling the shift back of the pistol in his hand. He quickly compensated, switching targets as he dropped into a crouch.

"Alright, let's see... I really hope this doesn't end up killing you, you crazy navi." Joanne was only half-joking when she spoke, picking up two of the chips in the cache they now possessed and tossing them into the PET as quickly as possible. The shellfish looked watery, so electricity would do, but for the remainder of the viruses, she didn't realy know what to do. "We'll take care of them later," She tried to convince herself, chewing on her lip.

The buzz of the magnets in the background was incredibly comforting as he checked what chip he had been 'fed', nodding slightly. A zapring would do nicely. Closing one eye, he shrugged and fired. Sheathing the gun, he felt it necessary to charge in and attack.

"Take this!" He shouted, lashing out with a foot at the mollusc he had hit, aiming to try get it to hit the other one and in doing so delete them both simultaneously. Joanne had given him decent chips, and the terrain he had generated would protect him from enemy reprisal, hopefully. Traceur sighed, cracking his neck once more before settling down into a slight crouch.

1] Galvanic Charge: Use Movement to get closer to mushies and shellgeeks, save 40 elec.
2] Ferroelectric Field: Large Area Terrain Change, Magnet.
*] Fire 40 Elec at ShellgeekA
3] Zapring1 45+stun1 at shellgeekB
4] Rageclaw [20+Impact, throw ShellgeekA at ShellGeekB]

Bump.
Traceur's strategy appeared to pay off very well. As soon as he advanced and the magnetized terrain appeared, the shellfish were drawn to it. The navi's subsequent electric attacks, in turn, hit dead on, as did his follow-up of throwing the viruses into each other, deleting them. The third, remaining shellgeek tried to retaliate, but only succeeded in flopping ineffectually against the magnet that had replaced what water had originally been under it.

This was the good news. The bad news was that the bagworms were not so negatively affected. Each descended to a point just above the ground, outside the reach of the magnetized terrain. In turn, they fired off a wave of wooden spires which homed in on Traceur. The first, miraculously, missed, curving just as it passed him. The second did the same, leaving a ring of de-magnetized panels circling the navi.

___

ShellgeekA: Deleted
ShellgeekB: Deleted
ShellgeekC: 100
MushyA: 80
MushyB: 80
MushyC: 80
BagwormA: 80
BagwormB: 80

Traceur: 100 HP

Terrain:
Magnet: 35% (Around Traceur)
Normal: 5% (X-pattern with ring in center circling Traceur)
Grass: 60% (Everywhere else
Traceur was recovering from a very close shave as he let out a sigh of relief. The woodtowers had just missed him as he scrunched up and stood very still. Curving around him, perhaps the influence of the magnets had saved his ass. Either way, he couldn't let that delay him for long, as he still had the bagworms and the mushies to take care of. The mushies seemed to be somewhat stilled by the influence of his magnet panels, but the Bagworms and their woodtowers... He didn't want to risk getting hit by even one of those attacks. Too dangerous. "Jo?" the navi asked, sighing slightly.

"Yeah, I hear ya. Let's get this show on the road." Humming slightly, Joanne took out three chips, throwing them into the PET one after another. Traceur was grateful for the infusion of power as his systems compensated. He reached into the chips, pulling them out in the form of bullets one by one.

"Ringlog...?" He muttered under his breath. he didn't really know what to do with the damned thing, it was both annoying as well as very good at sending him into fits of consternation. Traceur not only disliked the thing, it caused him to regard it with distaste. He couldn't make a 'weapon' out of a giant rolling log. He liked modifying chips to fit his desires, and felt that he wasn't as good with chips he didn't like as much. This was one of those very prominent chips. Bubstar looked to be just as infuriating with its 'bubble traps', as he thought. However, he could modify that into a suitable grenade. "While we're on the subject of grenades..." Traceur trailed off, musing as he plucked three grenades from one of the pouches at his waist. He tossed two at specific targets, then followed up with a distractory grenade into the midst of the other viruses. He'd be fine with any result it produced, but hopefully it would keep the others from harming him.

"Next up is the cannonball..." Joanne spoke to herself, grinning. She wanted to see that shellgeek get it in the face, it looked damn annoying. That shell of it would probably need the properties of the cannonball chip as well, like those weird metools or that hardhead they had encountered. "Funny that the ones that require wrecking-ball grade attacks to pierce often have those same attacks."

"Yes, a real laugh." Traceur cynically retorted, bringing up his gun and slotting the bullet in with one smooth motion. Snapping his hand out at the shellgeek, he fired the equivalent of a death sentence at it before shifting his aim once again. Flopping on land like that, it wouldn't even be able to dodge he hoped. Weirder things had happened, though. "Those wood spikes came ridiculously close to me, I'd like to make sure I don't get completely wrecked by one of those this time around. Last time they missed by sheer luck. Don't want this to be the loss of your future win of the lottery, right?"

"Mmhmm, I'd sure like that several billion zenny. Uh, why aren't you doing anything, Traceur?" Joanne spoke, noticing that her navi was suddenly standing still.

"Er... could I get an easier to use chip than this, Jo? I really don't like this one." her navi mentioned, sighing as he shrugged. It wasn't much of an excuse, but he really despised this particular chip.

"Alright, uh, here. Use this shotgun." Joanne slotted it in, shrugging at the navi's whimsical requests. Taking up the weapon, the navi in question charged in, sliding to a halt and taking a pretty decent shot at the twin bagworms.

"Far better than any stupid log." Traceur grinned, shrugging slightly. "Anything else? Maybe we should try out one of those defense chips, they sound pretty cool."

"You can experiment with the mushies after those bagworms are dead, I suppose... Here. Use this." Joanne slotted in a single chip.

"Riskyhoney?" The navi muttered doubtfully, raising the chip. "I guess..." He snapped his fingers, placing one hand on the ground. Traceur slowly raised from the crouched position, and waited. A green octagon formed in the air, quickly interlacing lines of the same color. Slowly rockets outlined themselves as almost embedded in the sides of the shield, ready to be set off by an attack. "So the attack causes it to lock on to the threat, and respond appropriately..." With that, Traceur was ready. The floating shield was probably more ready than he was, but that was an approximation.

1] Whiteweb: 40, Trap, Grapple, Hold, to Bagworms A, B. Throw Distractory grenade in MushieA's direction
2] Cannonball: 150, Break to ShellgeekC
3] Shotgun: 50+spread1 to Bagworms A, B
4] Riskyhoney: Shields from one attack, then responds with 5*10+homing. Negated by break or/and fire
Bump.
Traceur dashes in and secures the Bagworms in place before they can escape into the ceiling, which might've been bad at the moment, or annoying, whatever. The fact is, they're caught. The other part of the Whiteweb thrown at the Mushy caused it to bounce back in apprehension as the electric medic continued his attack.

The Shellgeek saw Traceur coming for itself, and thus did the best thing it could think of, hide in its shell.

Too bad that wasn't the smartest plan the thing could think of as the Cannonball smashed the virus flat, deleting it instantly.

Moving forward on his field of magnetic panels, Traceur blasted his Shotgun at the Bagworms, catching them both in the shrapnel, and effectively wiping them out.

Two Mushies teleported dangerously close to Traceur, ready to shake it up and release some spores... but the magnetized panels prevented them from doing anything.

Traceur's RiskyHoney lied in wait.

ShellgeekC: DELETED
MushyA: 80 (Grass)
MushyB: 80 (Magnet)
MushyC: 80 (Magnet)
BagwormA: DELETED
BagwormB: DELETED

Traceur: 100 HP (Magnet)

Terrain:
Grass: 60% (Everywhere else)
Traceur involuntarily flinched as the mushies popped up before him, and held his breath. They didn't do anything. The navi glanced at them, puzzled. Then he looked down. "Magnet panels..." Traceur smirked, taking hold of what he could do in a single moment as his hand darted for the always-useful pistol. He raised it, calling out for the chips he wanted. The options and questions that Jo would no doubt throw his way were irrelevant. He wanted three things. The two cannon chips, and the ringlog. As much as he disliked it, he couldn't deny its uses. He'd just have to (ab)use it as best he could, he supposed. No other options seemed prevalent, and the ironshell was not known for its aiming capacities.

"Alright, Cannon, Cannon, Ringlog." He muttered, then announced the choices to his netop. He loaded the two bullets in, spun the chamber, and flipped it out. "Joanne, could use those chips any time, now." Traceur paused, looking up as he tried to ascertain where she was. Not at the PET, apparently.

"So all the viruses are gone now?" The teacher 'ahemmed' as he looked at Joanne expectantly. Joanne looked at him as if he were stupid, a sudden shifting of the tables, it could be said.

"Well, I'm finishing up, but usually, taking care of viruses takes a longer time than this. The internet is y'know, infested with the things. Not exactly easy work, doing all this. So is this extra credit?" Joanne asked straight out, glancing at the PET for the first time since the conversation started.

"Cannon, cannon, ringlog, please." Traceur gave her a look, not wanting to waste any more time at this place. "Wait, Jo, don't we have that tournament coming up?"

"Oh yeah, that was supposed to be about ten minutes ago. Well, we're both finishing up here and we should be able to get there in about thirty. No problem." Joanne smirked, then added up the time. "Nngh. We'll finish up quickly and I'll uh, count this as community service extra credit sort of thing, please thanks."

"...I suppose. I'll see you in class after break is over, Dacker." The teacher paused, shaking his head. "Leastways you got the job done quickly. Unlike the rest of your homework, that is." With that final retort, the man walked into his study, leaving Joanne to stick her tongue out at his retreating back.

Joanne quickly slotted in the chips requested, hoping it wasn't too late. Fortunately, the navi was quite fine standing in front of the useless mushies whose attack had failed completely. "Shouldn't they have not been able to move onto the metal panels?" She asked, having noted such things from previous battles.

"Whatever, I'm not arguing with them about how they move. Especially about how they're about to move backward," The navi responded, raising his weapon and firing a single shot at each of the two Mushies, attempting to knock them back to their former positions as well as to hopefully knock them temporarily out of commission. Shifting his aim slightly to the now 'middle' mushie, he fired twice more, rolling his eyes at how the data for the bullet transformed into a giant 'rolling log'. He sighed, pulling the trigger once more and hopefully ending the matter once and for all.

1] Cannon [40+ Knockback, aiming to knock the mushieb back to its ally on the right side.]
2] Cannon [40+ Knockback, aiming to knock the mushiec back to its ally on the left side.]
3] Ringlog [50+wide attack, Mushie A, B, C]
4] Ringlog [50+wide attack, Mushie A, B, C]
Traceur cocked up his revolver and blasted two precise shots at the Mushies, sending them flying back to the grass panels. The electric medic followed up the attack with some coarse logs to roll into the enemy, bowling his opponents over and ending them.

ShellgeekC: DELETED
MushyA: DELETED
MushyB: DELETED
MushyC: DELETED
BagwormA: DELETED
BagwormB: DELETED

Traceur: 100 HP (Magnet)

Terrain:
Grass: 60% (Everywhere else)

-VICTORY-
Get: DoubleNeedle, 1400z
"So, you ready for the tournament, Traceur?" Joanne asked, glossing the screen of the PET as she walked out of the door, calling out "Viruses are gone!" as she left.

Tournament, huh? Traceur thought idly. That sounded at the very least, quite interesting. He wondered who his first opponent would be...