Junior: Getting Some Cash

"Doofus. When you have a near wreck, you don't pay for damages. Besides, you hooligans were circling him." Wes chided. He slid a chip into his PET as he continued talking, "I assume your aim is to rob us, what with the whole, 'small fry' comment. Here's our response. Time to break wind, Junior."

"Got it." Junior focused on the space between him and each of the heelnavis. A slight breeze flowed through the air. Then suddenly, three columns of wind shot up around him, glittering softly with tiny particles of frozen vapor, and the whirlwinds attemptted to pull in the three. They might be able to win against ice, but it was really unlikely that they could battle ice and wind at the same time. Of course, if he tried pulling on them too hard, they might come crashing into him. He'd need to escape the center.

"Hey, Junior, shoot through the front. Hit them with this as you pass. Let's go." Wes ordered, selecting two more weapons.

A green, beak-like shell formed over Junior right hand. In his left, he materialized a black, nasty looking sphere. He brought the shell over his head in a fancy, and totally unneccessary, flourish, and then swung it forward. The data formed over his fist then took over, jerking Junior forward in a mad, breakneck dash through the chaos, its aim to bring the young warrior to the outside of the battle, while smashing through anyone or anything that may block his way. As he moved, he took a quick look back and tossed the bomb he held in his free hand. As it touched the icy ground, a blaze of sparks shot up, egulfing the space around it.

Junior then took a break from the carnage he had thrown together under the guidence of his operator. Such an erratic pattern of attacks, he had no idea what the results would be. They could all die in some massive group explosion or they could have simply outran the influence of his attacks and come out unscathed, "So... uh, what now?"

"Don't get hit. I need a clear picture before I can come up with more than that." Wes said. Once the wind and sparks died down, he'd be able to make a plan. For now, though, observation was about all he was capable of.

Junior nodded, though his eyes were still focused on the mess he made. He prepared to evade anything that may try to attack him from it.

((1.) AirStorm1, 50+pulls in, MCNA/B/C
2.) Dash, 90+Impact, can hit up to 5, MCNA
3.) Magbomb1, 30 Elec+blast2+stun1, MCNA/B/C
4.) Dodge
5.) Dodge
6.) Dodge))
The first Motorcycle rider "tch"s audily, starting up his engine and moving away from Junior's tornado ice combo. His companions weren't so lucky, and were sent spiraling on the ice, cursing loudly and firing their machine guns very inaccurately at Junior, who decided to chase after the run-away Heelnavi with some speed of his own.

Smirking, the targeted Motocycle navi commented, "Dash Attack, eh? Well two can play at this game of chicken." With that, fins protruded out of the front of the motorcycle half, joining into a beak beyond the head of the vehicle. Revving up the engine, the Heelnavi roared with delight as he went straight like a bullet at Junior, who was dashing forward as well.

The two reached Mach speeds before colliding with each other, sending both spiraling through the air and quite a while away from each other. The Heelnavi landed on its side, grunted, and started trying to lift his heavy lower body up.

Meanwhile, the other goons had slowly regained consciousness after their little crash, only to see Junior get up, undeterred by the damage he had just suffered, and throw a Magbomb at them.

"Noooooooo!" the two cried out dramatically as the Magbomb shocked through their systems, stunning them once more.

The lead Heelnavi growled as he finally got up. He fired angrily at Junior, but the song of two legends gracefully danced away from the bullets, doing a simple pirouette near the end and posing very gentleman like.

The other gang members seemed to be getting out of their stunned state too.

MotoCycleNaviA: 115 HP
MotoCycleNaviB: 50 HP (I)
MotoCycleNaviC: 50 HP (I)

Terrain: 80% Grass, 20% Ice

Soulman_Junior.exe: 105 HP
"Oh man... that Dash attack didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped." Junior said, holding his head, which was aching. He staggered a bit, then glanced at the two cycle jockeys still on the ice, "In any case... the bomb manage to hit those two, so we should probably hit them while they're still shaking off the stun... I think."

"Oh geez, you don't sound good. Oh well, you are right and if I send you a chip that you don't have to aim, it should be fine. In that case, take these two Markcannons." Wes didn't really like saying the name of the chip aloud when the enemies could actually understand what he was saying, but with Junior feeling a bit groggy, he couldn't risk a coded message that the navi might misunderstand. Besides, if those two were still under the influence of the Magbomb, it wouldn't matter if they heard or not. The result would be the same. He felt his logic was sound, so he didn't delay any furthur in slotting in the chip and its duplicate.

"Oh, this makes sense... I can probably do this." Junior mumbled, still feeling dizzy from the crash. Dispite this, though, he still removed his hand from his forehead and reached out towards the two enemies. Knowing the data would mark the two as hostile, he just let the chip work itself and seek out its own targets. When he felt a click, indicting that he was locked on, he fired, hoping that his messed up state wouldn't screw up his attack, "But there's still one left... now what?"

"Well... how about you do a system purge, like you did that one time when that chick was pulling your hair?" Wes suggested, "You released all the unpleasentness you were feeling and you seemed fine afterwards."

"Ah... oh, that thing. Okay..." Junior replied. He held up a single finger, which created a small zone of darkness. He focused on his dizziness and tried moving the feelings of discomfort into that zone. Once that was done, he then tried to get angry, thinking about how wrong it was for these goons to rob random navis, and he shoved those negative thoughts into his finger as well. He then pointed at the navi who had random him and said, "Fall," in a dark, foreboding voice, at which point he fired a beam of energy full of negativity and chaos.

"Well that was... kind of creepy." commented Wes, who was used to his navi playing the nice guy, "In any case, here's one more chip. Power it up and squash any left."

"Roger." Junior said, feeling better again. He looked around the field for an opponent. If he saw one, he would summon of a fist of water, which he would pump up with his own power, and then bring it crash down upon them, unless of course, their reflexes were good enough to dodge. When he was facing bikers, it seemed likely. For his attack to work, it would depend on them not seeing it coming. He then took a deep breath and prepared to evade any enemy fire, assuming there was any. Wes also sent a Recovery chip to his navi, as an afterthought. He needed to gain some ground back if they wanted to continue on after this.

((1.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, MCNB
2.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, MCNC
3.) Dark Finger Shot, 120+ random effect (1.) 2 round poison, 2.) Beserk, 3.) Microburst, 4.) Decoy x 2, 5.) Sig Burn, 6.) +40 damage)
4.) MistConv, 100 aqua+20 (untapped power used)
5.) Recovery30
6.) Dodge))
Hoping to end this battle quickly, Junior hefted up his.... hand? Nanosensors in his body went to work, targeting the two Motorcycle navis and blasting them to bits with well-aimed MarkCannons.

"Freddy! Jason! NOOOOOOO!" the Boss MotocycleNavi cried out for his companions. "I... must avenge your emergency jack outs! For the swarm!" Apparently, the last one had gone insane and was charging at Junior, spraying his bullets wildly at the custom navi.

"I'LL KEEL YOOOOOUUUU!!!!" the modified Heelnavi screamed in hatred, accelerating faster at the gentleman navi.

Letting out an equal cry of frusturation, Junior blasted a dark orb out of his hand, as it got closer to the navi, the ball seemed to be a bit denser and grew a tiny bit, before crashing into Heelnavi and sending him off.

Hey you won!

MotoCycleNaviA: EJO'D
MotoCycleNaviB: EJO'D
MotoCycleNaviC: EJO'D

Terrain: 80% Grass, 20% Ice

Soulman_Junior.exe: 135 HP

-VICTORY-
Get: 3000z
"Nice work. You managed to collect a good chunk of cash that time." Wes said, "If you keep this up, we'll have enough for those upgrades in no time."

"That's good though... did you even tell me what those upgrades are?" Junior asked.

"Don't think so. Consider it a surprise." replied Wes.

"Well, some motivation might be nice."

"Finding out what I have planned can be your motivation. Just keep heading in and you'll find out soon enough." Wes smirked. With a sigh, Junior complied.

(Battle 8)
Walking along the grass, Junior hears several "meeps" come from a distance.
Curious, the navi inspects the source and finds....
8 Metools stacked on top of each other. In some ridiculous balancing act, the viruses are trying to walk together and navigate the area.
The fourth Metool up spots Junior and utters a "Meep!" to notify his partners. The Metools turn around, albeit awkwardly and a little unbalanced and stare at Junior.
In an act of clumsiness, or maybe it was trying to balance itself better, the bottom Metool whacked its pickaxe into the ground, sending a shockwave nearly taking off Junior's toe. The viruses sweated as the event occurred, staring harder at Junior.

So... what now?

MetTree: 320 HP [8]

Terrain: 100% Grass

-Battle... 8?-
Junior tried stepping to the side quick and then just kind of stares.

"What the hell is that?" asked Wes, speaking for the both of them.

"I... have no idea." Junior just continued to stare, "Did you want some glue... or something?" Not that they had a glue chip. The whole thing was just kind of weird. Junior felt ackward, not knowing what he could do to help. Wes just hoped that they'd just shake their heads no thanks and then let Junior just continue on, unhindered.

((1-6.) Just gimme dodges))
At the mention of glue, the Metools jump up and down excitedly, meeping frantically at Junior.

This was, by far, not really a good idea.

Tired from all the weight it was supporting, the bottom metool made the tower feel topsy-turvy as it stumbled from left to right, before heading toward Junior!

Luckily the navi avoided the giant faceplant as the Metools drove themselves into the ground. There was no response.

Hmmm...

MetTree: 320 HP [8] (FACEPLANT)

There was a long silence before Wes ventured to speak, "Can't you just, ya know, torch them or something? I mean, really, one flameline and they're gone."

"No, no, that would be... improper." Junior replied.

"They're viruses. Deleting them is what we do. You don't need to be so up tight." Wes said.

"I know... but still, they aren't menacing us, so I'd really like to let them go. I could try helping them but..." Junior really wasn't sure what to do. Not killing them was one thing, but somehow, trying to pull them out of the ground just seemed wrong. Not that he could figure out why. It probably was because of all the times they had tried to kill him, not that that the threat they normally offered occurred to him at the moment. With a sigh, Junior put prejudice aside and despite his better judgement, tried pulling a Met free. He wasn't sure how much effort it would take to free one, so he figured he'd just pull until it was right side up again. Wes slide in a Recovery chip, figuring the interum was as good a time as any to build his health back.

((1-5.) Pull one met out, then use the rest of the actions to dodge
6.) Recovery30))
Junior takes one Metool off the ground, heals himself and waits.
Soon enough the Metools get themselves back up and jump up and down, surrounding Junior. They seem to be excited by his presence. Can he help? What are they trying to do anyway? Build a movable tower of mets of course! See if you can help the guys.

MetTree: Not formed [0]
MetoolA: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolB: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolC: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolD: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolE: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolF: 40 HP (held)
MetoolG: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolH: 40 HP (excited)

Soulman_Junior.exe: 165 HP (Holding MetoolF)
"How can we make them stick together?" Junior wondered aloud.

"Either stun or freeze, I guess. Let's try ice first." Wes suggested. He slide in an Ice Seed as well as a MistConv. Junior, with his hands full, couldn't catch the seed, so it fell to the ground and broke open.

"Isn't this sort of risky and could possibly result in death?" Junior asked.

"Not if you only tap their feet with the Mistconv. I really doubt the chip will hurt much if we don't slam it into them like we normally do with viruses." Wes replied.

"Fine, fine." Junior sat down the met. He then picked up another and placed it on the Met's head and directed the Mistconv to tap its feet and hopefully freeze the two together. He really hoped that 1.) the Mistconv stuck around, since they weren't using its full force and 2.) that he held the power back enough that it didn't kill the thing. Of course, if the second happened, all he'd have to do is delete them all when they no doubt took the offensive, though it would make feel guilty if that was the case. Junior then waited, wanting to see the results before proceeding.

((1.) Ice Seed
2.) Place MetF down
3.) Sit MetE on F
4.) Use Mistconv to try and freeze the feet to helmet without killing either
5.-6.) Dodge if things go bad and they try killing him))
Junior launches his Ice Seed on the ground, freezing a good part of the terrain before setting the first Metool down. He promptly carried another Metool, who didn't struggle, but rather sang happily, over and placed it firmly on the second Metool's head. The two wobbled a bit, and the ice below them helped very little, but they managed to stay straight.
The son of two legends called upon the mighty MistConv hand and lightly tapped in between the Mettools, freezing them together. The others bounced up and down excitedly at the prospect.
Half of the finger that froze the Metools was gone... hmmm.

MetTree: 80 HP [2]
MetoolC: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolD: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolG: 40 HP (excited)
MetoolH: 40 HP (excited)

Soulman_Junior.exe: 165 HP
MistConv: 90 HP
"About half the finger... a hand has five fingers, so.... we can do nine more freezings." Wes said to himself. Then, after a bit more thought, added, "Unless, of course, the shortness of the thumb makes it a one shot, though that would still just put us at eight, and we only need it six times. Just get back to stacking and freezing. Eventually... something good might happen. Or something really crappy will. Maybe once fused, they'll transform into some Met Mech and kick your ass. And I'll laugh. And then I'll wake Majinman up and he'll laugh."

"Why can't you just let me try to do good in peace?" Junior sighed. He then picked up another met, sat it on the stack, and tapped it lightly on the feet with the Mistconv as he did before. He then did it with another, then paused a minute to make sure it wouldn't fall on him. When it seemed safe, he would put another on the pile and prep the Mistconv. The whole building a tower reminded him of the toys he used to play with when he was a kid. Of course, he had outgrown blocks at this point, so this whole thing seemed kind of silly. While he knew it was nothing to be ashamed of, he was glad that the only witness was his disinterested netop and the Met who didn't speak any human language.

((1.) Place MetG on Tree
2.) Try freezing together with Mistconv again
3.) Place MetH on Tree
4.) Try freezing together with MistConv again
5.) Dodge
6.) Place MetD on Tree))
Junior reminsces about his childhood as he stacks two more Metools on the tree and freezes them in place. He then backs off for some reason before putting another Metool on the tower, not freezing it. The other Metools look at him, confused.
The base Metool seems a bit antsy, that wouldn't be good if it suddenly got too excited and slipped off the ice, undoing all the work.

MetTree: 160 HP [4]
MetoolC: 40 HP (confused)
MetoolD: 40 HP (On Top)

Terrain: 70% Grass, 30% Ice

MistConv: 70 HP
"Just hold still... haste makes waste, as they say." Junior told the bottom Met. He then continued on with his work, using the Mistconv once again. He picked up another Met, stuck it on top, and tried freezing it as well. Then he repeated it once more. He picked up the last met and looked over the tower, to make sure it was steady, "Hold still for just a moment and I'll finish this up."

And move and screw it up and we'll either ditch or kill you, thought Wes.

1.) Try freezing together with Mistconv again
2.) Place MetC on Tree
3.) Try freezing together with MistConv again
4.) Place MetB on Tree
5.) Try Freezing together with Mistconv again
6.) Pick up MetA and tell Tree to steady itself))
The base Metool seemed to understand Junior as he kept stacking and freezing Metools one by one, finally, the gentleman took the last Met and peered up at the top of the tower, which after stacking the seventh met, seemed too far for him to place the last virus properly on top. Hm.... was there another hand to help perhaps?

MetTree: 280 HP [7]
MetoolA: 40 HP (held)

MistConv: 40 HP
Junior tried shoving the last Met on top of the tower, but it proved futile, "Wes, can you send me something to help me get to the top?"

"Can't reach, huh? That makes you seem kind of pathetic." Wes said. He then slotted in a chip, "Here's an Areagrab. It will send you right to the top. As soon as you reappear, get ready to sit the last one down. Otherwise, you'll start to fall, build up speed, and the inertia the Met builds up will probably collapse the tower."

"Okay, got it." Junior replied. He held the met out in front of him, ready to sit it down. He focused as hard as he could, to get the timing right, since he really didn't want to have to start over again. In fact, with his Mistconv mostly gone, if he did mess up, it'd be near impossible to begin again.

Junior vanished, reappearing a second later just over the top of the tower. He immediately placed the last met on top, trying to get it set down before gravity could take hold. Then, as he fell, he directed the Mistconv to stretch out and tap the last met on the feet, to complete the tower. After landing, Junior waited to see what would happen, hoping Wes' sarcasm didn't come true and that everyone remained friendly.

((1.) Areagrab to top
2.) Place MetA on Tree
3.) Try freezing together with MistConv again
4-6.) Dodge))
Junior stacks the final met on top and freezes it together, making a cool new MetTree virus! A advertising holoscreen pops up in front of the gentleman, displaying the words.

Quote (Ad)

Instant MetTree! Just Stack and Freeze!

Looks like that was over.
The towering Metool structure nodded its thanks at Junior and waddled off. The top Metool's helmet seemed to fall off comically as it trudged further into the net, but it paid no mind, as it soon grew another one on.
Well, that was done with.
Let's check that hat shall we?

MetTree: 320 HP [8] (GTFO)

Helmet: ???

Junior walks over and tries lifting the edge of the hat with his boot. He didn't want to get too terribly close without being sure there wasn't something nasty underneath. Wes, on the other hand, certain danger was over, slotted in a Recovery 80. If he used it now, Junior would be back at full power and he'd be able to refresh it in time for the next battle, if they needed it. Hopefully not.

((1.) Check hat
2.) Recovery80
3-6.) Hopefully unneeded))
Inside he finds some money and the helmet turns into a chip, a guard chip exactly. Then he heals....

MetTree: 320 HP [8] (GTFO)

Helmet: GET

Soulman_Junior.exe: 200 HP

-REWARD-
Get: Guard1, 800z