Another Introduction to Counterinfectualism

"Hmhm... Don't worry, a woman of the cloth should never respect anything in return for generosity. Living by good deeds is simply part of my faith. On that note, Nitro might need my assistance as well... Although, this time I might work more gently," Mary chuckled in response to TNT, moving to Nitro and providing him with another medicinal bottle. She turned her attention from TNT and tried to deliver the vial as unobtrusively as possible. "Please, use this to heal your wounds."

After that, she turned back to TNT, but realized that she was already busy. Biting her lip and understanding that she promised not to pop any more surprises on them, she decided that it would be for the greater good to heal Nitro's SP. With a quick motion, she flung another large bottle through the air to spill over TNT and diminish her injuries.

Exorcist saw that the attacks had gone pretty well and was pleased. As she pondered what to do next, she saw that the Zomon group would most likely be the next to focus down. Quickly, she prepared two long talismans and folded them into aerodynamic angles. Holding one in each hand, she bowed her arms inward, then back outward. The talismans flew from her hands and spun towards the enemies.

She dashed to the right to avoid attacks while inscribing another talisman for high damage. Once she'd finished, she flung it quickly to stick it to the Metool. Seeing a chance to aid her master's attack, Bhikkhuni used her bizarre powers to try to impede the orbital motion. Bhikkhuni and Mary, understanding their fragile nature as SPs, made special effort to avoid any last minute attacks.

"Well hey, that sounds like a swell situation!" Burt replied, adjusting his glasses as his mind swam with thoughts of gaining powerful tools for Counterinfectualism from crazy Mafia girls. "Maybe I'll look into it a little later... But would Exxy go along with it? I may have to make something up- er, that is, I may have to modify our credo a bit..."

Exorcist
1) Boomerang1 @ Zemon group [70 wood, B accuracy + Group Attack (Arc)]
2) Boomerang1 @ Zemon group [70 wood, B accuracy + Group Attack (Arc)]
3) Dodge
4) Hi-Cannon @ MetoolB [80 damage shot, A accuracy + knockback]

Bhikhunni
*) Ground Subtype: Anchor @ MetoolB
1) Dodge
2) Dodge

Mary
*) Recovery Subtype: IV @ Nitro
1) Baptism of Faith @ Nitro [72 heal, 2 TCD]
2) Dodge
Nitro began by dispatching the BigBang entirely, prompting the Metool to drop to the ground and stay there as Bhikkhuni anchored the thing to the earth. Nitro finished it off with a Minibomb while Exorcist cut through the Zemons with Boomerang Talismans.

Oh and I guess Mary gave Nitro some heals waters, so gud.

BigBang: DELETED
MetoolA: DELETED!
MetoolB: DELETED
MetoolC: DELETED!
MetoolD: DELETED!
ZemonA: DELETED
ZemonB: DELETED
ZemonC: DELETED
MelodyA: DELETED!
MelodyB: DELETED!
MelodyC: DELETED!

Terrain:
20% Normal, 40% Grass around Navi, 40% Soil under viruses

Allies:
Nitro.EXE: 160 HP
Exorcist.EXE: 120 HP
TNT.SP: 45 HP
Bhikkhuni.SP: 40 HP
Mary.SP: 40 HP

-VICTORY-
Exorcist GET: 750z, 41 Bugfrags
Nitro GET: 900z, 41 Bugfrags
FXP: +2 Static
+1 for some healing
+1 for AWW YEAH NETMAFIA GIRLS?
Nitro watched the last few viruses burst into fragments of data. He gave a sigh of satisfaction. "Man, always feels good to blow something up..." he said, mainly to himself. He looked over as Mary offered him the holy water, and he took it with a grin. "Thanks," Nitro said. "I was starting to feel a little sore." As he poured the water over his wounds, he continued. "You don't have to keep worrying about me, though. I'm a big boy, I can look after myself."

Tina collected up the remaining data, and sent it to her operator. She then turned to the group.
"So," she began. It certainly seems as if we've been pretty lucky, as far as the strength of these viruses is concerned. However, I think in would be in everybody's best interests if we kept our guard up.There's no way of knowing just how strong our future foes will be." She turned to continue walking, then turned back to the group. "Are you all ready?" she asked.

[Ready for Battle Five]
"We're good, thanks TNT. I'm really pleased with how well this expedition has gone so far. Even if you guys decide you don't want to be Counterinfectualists, you're a real credit to the trade," Exorcist praised her companions, beaming cheerfully. As Burt took in the pleasure of his favorite sight in the world, he started to wonder what sort of scheme he could cook up that would make her cheerfully go along with joining the Mafia.

Mary chuckled at Nitro's response, crossing her hands behind her. "Even a big boy can use a little help now and again. I hope you're the type that doesn't mind continuing what he started... even when he's a little sore, hm hm..." Her smile widened at her last statement. She continued forward along with the others while Bhikkhuni tried to make sense of it all.

"Psst, Master. That nun's kinda weird," the little SP whispered to Exorcist, maintaining a safe distance out of earshot of Mary (or so she thought; Mary's hearing was very good).

"You're probably just unfamiliar with being in the company of someone so seasoned and dutiful, Bhikkhuni," Exorcist giggled. "It's nice to have her with us."

((Ready for Battle 5))
((bonk))

The adventurous sextet continued on their trek through the Dentech Network. As they wandered deeper into the network, seeking out various viruses to vanquish, they came to a rather odd area of the net. The ambient light flickered suddenly, leaving the group in darkness for a few moments. When the light switched back on, it was noticeably dimmer; the early twilight before dark of night.

A figure appeared in the distance, shuffling toward the group. It was a male Navi, moving with an obvious limp and clutching his left side with his opposite hand. His left arm was missing from just below the shoulder, data fraying out from a grievous wound. The strands of data were slowly degenerating as though the Navi's body was devouring itself. He was panting loudly and groaning in pain as he limped forward. He had a dazed look on his face and a glassy eyed stare.

The Navi had wandered close to the group before even realizing they were there. He glanced up at Exorcist, his face locked in a mask of pain.

"H-help us," he gasped. "He's insane...H-He's des...troying ev-everything."

The man collapsed, falling face first to the floor. His body shook, convulsing as he lay there. The fraying data seemed to speed up, the wound devouring the remaining stump and moving on to work on his shoulder.
"Woah! Way to ruin the mood, huh? Everything was happy and sunny till this Debby Downer came along," Burt groaned, waving one hand carelessly through the air. "Still, as a servant of, if not good, at least humanity, we ought to help him out."

Exorcist was much more quick with her aid, attempting to form a poultice for the man's arm using her talismans. "Mary! Can you use your water to heal him?" she asked quickly, applying pressure on the growing wound with both hands. Unfortunately, net medical techniques didn't work like in the regular world; even a trained human doctor couldn't apply a bandage to a wound actively eating up another man's arm.

"I will try, although I somewhat doubt the effectiveness. What's more, if this danger is truly out there, I feel it's our duty to stop it. The root cause is undoubtedly evil," Mary explained as she prepared a vial of holy water. "The data leak is pouring forward from the arm, correct? Try spreading the water there."

As she did so, Exorcist worriedly knit her brow. "Can you tell us what did this? We need to stop it and make sure it doesn't hurt anyone else!" she begged the navi.

Bhikhunni tried to comprehend the heavy scene in front of her, but she wasn't used to dealing with anything of that sort. "Hey, Burt, what's going on? There's no jack-out barrier around us, is there? M-maybe we should get lost?" she asked, gulping in a cowardly way as her throat gummed up.

"Well, I dunno. I don't think so? I can't really tell though," he answered, adjusting his glasses. "Mary's got a good point, though: ridding the net of such direct evil is a task for you girls. On the other hand, it's in our creed not to fight something we can't handle. Retreat if there's any chance of deletion," he suggested.

Exorcist nodded, then turned to Nitro and TNT. "Is there any sign of what did this to him?" she asked them, urging them to look further ahead into the darkness of the creepy net.
Nitro squinted into the distance, in the direction the Navi had come from. "It's hard to say..." he said, his sight diminished in the fading light. "We may have to take a closer look." Nitro looked at the injured navi again. "I'd hate to leave this guy by himself though..."

Tina, meanwhile, mulled over Bhikkhuni's comment about the possibility of a jack-out barrier. "Perhaps there's even more reason to help this person if there's a barrier in place," she said. "Who knows how many others are at risk from whatever's caused this?" She looked off into the distance. "Even if it seems like a large personal risk, we should still help."

"Well, that settles it for us, then," Chris said, in response to Tina's short speech. "The three of us are in."
The wounded man groaned, rolling over so his head was in Exorcist's lap. The Navi had a wild look in his eyes and a layer of foam coated his lips. He had stopped convulsing long enough to speak.

"You...You have to h-help them. He's a demon. The l-lord of chaos...He's taken them. Tak-aken them to his nethe....netherworld."

Nitro wandered into the distance, moving in the direction the wounded Navi had come from. Within the darkness was a crimson glow rising up from the ground. It looked like an entrance of sorts set within one of the panels. Several still forms were outlined by the harsh light, no doubt more Navi that had suffered a grisly fate.

"Please," the wounded Navi said once more. "Save us..."

The Navi collapsed again, eyes falling shut. His body began to shake again, convulsing wildly. Whatever was eating away at him picked up speed, washing over his body until there was nothing but a pile of ash.

A high pitched scream, warped with pain and terror, came from the direction of the red glow.
"T-T-Too scary! We have to jack out! Nobody's gonna pay us for this either, there's no way it's worth it!" Bhikkhuni cried out, jumping as a screech shot through the air and echoed across the net.

Her master silenced her with an impatient glare, then turned to Mary with a hopeful look. The nun shook her head, indicating that the healing was having no effect. Exorcist was forced to watch in terror as the navi disappeared in front of her. "No...!"

"Don't worry about it, Exxy, no sense dwelling on what you can't stop," Burt muttered, rubbing his chin. "Focus on what you can do now instead."

"Alright, the best we can do is find the source now. We'll get there as quickly as we can and take it out with the help of Nitro. Thanks again for supporting us," she gestured once again to her ally, then wasted no time in rising to her feet and dashing towards the light in the distance.

Mary followed along, her blue skirt fluttering as she ran. Bhikkhuni sobbed, feeling horribly afraid and shivering from head to toe. "C-C'mon guuuys, let's not do this..." she blubbered, causing an awful racket with her shakujo as the rings jingled in response to her own twitches. She followed the group closely, waving her shakujo in front of herself for protection.
A chill was sent down Nitro's spine as the blood-curdling scream broke through the air. He turned to his teammates, and saw the Navi dissolve into ash. "...Yeah, this is getting freaky," Nitro said, complimenting Bhikkhuni's fear with some of his own nervousness. "This whole thing reeks of demons and Hell and all the not-so-nice parts of religious texts." With Exorcist's words of gratitude, though, Nitro felt a flare of confidence within him. "No problem," Nitro said proudly. "That's what I'm here for. Now, let's go kick whatever this thing is square in the ass!" Nitro took off close behind Exorcist, almost racing her to the glowing light in the distance. Tina, however, stuck closely with Bhikkhuni.
"Don't worry, Bhikkhuni," Tina said reassuringly as the team moved forward. "Just remember that if anything happens, you can depend on all of us to help you out. After all, we're a team, and there's always strength in numbers. We should be able to deal with this without much of a problem."
The small group made their way through the oppressive darkness, heading steadily toward the harsh crimson glow and the source of the haunting screams. They soon came upon a large crevice set across a series of panels. The glow was emanating from within the crack, illuminating a series of stairs carved into the rock.

The stairs were narrow and steep, but the stone walls allowed for a convenient grip for the party's descent into the deep. They went down thirty feet, then sixty, then ninety before the stairwell came to an end. The stairs led to a narrow pathway, flanked on either side by streams of lava flowing from behind the stairwell. The lava was the source of the harsh light.

As the quintet wandered along the path, they could notice a number of strange carvings in the rock; bestial shapes, skeletons and faces locked in silent screams. The light from the flowing lava cast shadows across the carvings, seeming to give them a life of their own. The alien creatures seem to shift and move while the faces seem to writhe in agony.

As the group moved along, they came to a massive underground cavern. The path ballooned outward into a wide platform while the lava swirled around it in a deep, bubbling pool. Stalactites hung menacingly from the ceiling; a dragon's fangs threatening to gnash and tear. Hanging between the stalactites was several limp, humanoid forms wrapped in an inky darkness.

On the center of the platform was a large throne carved from stone. Sitting upon it was a Navi clad from head to toe in jet black armor. The Navi was a bear of a man, the armor of medieval design. The man's face was pale, unnaturally so, but hard, conveying an inner strength. His eyes were pitch black, an inky darkness clouding his sclera and irises. At the sound of the group's entrance, the Navi looked up. The darkness receded slightly, revealing flaming pupils that burned as bright as the lava surrounding him. Thin wisps of smoke trailed up from the pupils, shifting as he moved his head.

The Navi pushed himself from his throne; a long, ragged cape of blood red cloth cascading down behind him. With the light given off from the lava, the group noticed the details of the Navi's armor. His helmet was shaped like the head of a snarling dog, his face emerging from between its jaws. The dog's fangs crested his jaw and forehead. The vambraces protecting his forearms also held a canine motif, his hands sprouting from the jaws of the snarling animals.

"So," the Navi spoke, his voice deep and guttural. "More fools have come to see the reaper."

Slight movement along the ceiling caught the attention of the small group. One of the inky sacks was shifting. A voice shouted out from within.

"Help us! Please!" It was a woman's voice. The sacks no doubt contained Navi who had been trapped by the armored man.

"Quiet," the armored man shouted. "No one escapes from the jaws of Cerberus. Now, you five...Shall we have a taste of your souls?"

Cerberus.Exe: 400 HP

Nitro.EXE: 160 HP
Exorcist.EXE: 120 HP
TNT.SP: 45 HP

Terrain: 60% Normal with 40% Lava surrounding

Objects:
Throne: 100 HP, center of platform [StoneBody] [Heavy]
Shadow SacksA-E: 30 HP, hanging from ceiling [Shadow]
Bhikkhuni may have been momentarily reassured by Nitro's words, but whatever confidence she'd gained quickly ran out of her as she met their opponent. "Oh nooo! We can't fight him, he's like Drakkas or something!" she exclaimed, hiding behind her trembling shakujo. "Guys you can beat don't sit around in carved thrones surrounding by lava," she conjectured.

"On the other hand, Nitro has a good point: we definitely have the strength of numbers. There's two navis and three SPs amongst us, while he ostensibly has only himself. There's also captives that we need to rescue," Exorcist pointed out, although she didn't want to spend too long talking. "Maybe we could change the terrain to gain an advantage? I'm sure the scales are tipped in his favor so long as he's surrounded by lava."

Mary shook her head, looking worried. "The last thing we want is a Nirvana Ground Wave, I'm afraid," she speculated, baffling her allies. "If we cover the ground in soil and grass, it'll just provide him a way to strengthen his own attacks. I'd be surprised if fire attacks weren't his forte."

"True... Perhaps we can use Solar Seed instead? It's worth a shot," she suggested, looking to Burt for support.

Burt was feeling highly unsure of the whole situation. He had said fairly specifically in his credo that anything a Counterinfectualist is not confident they can handle should not be fought. He hadn't put Exorcist's skills to a lot of real tests (it seemed like somehow the odds were always in their favor up till now), so he didn't really know how capable she was.

All the same, he had to admit that it would be pretty lame to give up before trying. Chris was watching, so he might also lose a potential convert, and that sure wouldn't be good for the budding religion. "Alright, Exorcist. I'll send you that, along with a RiskyHoney. I just want you to be suuuuper careful for now, till we know what that guy can do."

"Sure thing," she answered. "Nitro, let's try to be careful until we see what he can do. He might even try to use those black pod victims as hostages against us or... Well, I guess there's no telling what he'll do," she murmured, looking nervously at the pulsating obsidian sacks. "Mary, Bhikkhuni, I think it'd be best if you guys played defensive for now. I might need your skills, but we'd best save them till later."

"You don't have to ask me twice!" Bhikkhuni complied, trembling and trying to figure out which way to run.

The three girls looked ridiculously out of place, dressed in the skirts of high school girls while standing in a world plucked straight out of some sort of gothic monster story. All the same, Exorcist put on her most serious face and prepared a talisman, inscribed on bright yellow paper. She released it as soon as she finished; it flew through the air straight for a while, then came to settle near the throne. Quickly, a gleaming array of solar panels began to spread out from the point of its landing.

She summoned a small diety statue and crouched behind it to protect herself. From this position, she scrawled out one of her sealing talismans, then called out to her opponent. "I don't know who you are, but nobody has the right to capture and injure others! I'll do my best to drive the evil from you. It may hurt, but the more you cooperate, the better off your immortal soul will be!"

"Hey, this guy's in the soul-tasting business. I don't think he values the soul any more than dander-head values his cola," Bhikkhuni pointed out in a small voice, barely managing to summon up the courage for a quip.

"Well, Bhikkhuni, you know I really like my soda," Burt retorted.

Exorcist ignored the two, peaking out from behind her statue for a moment to fling out her talisman towards her intended target. She then made a daring leap back into cover behind the tiny religious icon. "Burt, can't this thing be made a little larger?" she asked in a hushed tone.

"Hey, remember what I said: you're ultimately the one picking how it manifests," he replied. His gut was turning over with worry for his navi; he didn't know how Chris was so cool with letting his guys march in there.

Exorcist
1) SolarSeed @ ground around throne [Medium area solar terrain]
2) RiskyHoney1 ready [1 hit shield; 25 wood damage + homing x 5, A accuracy, on hit]
3) Ritual Talisman @ Cerebrus [20 damage shot, A accuracy + stun + hold (3 TCD)]
4) Dodge

Bhikkhuni
1) Dodge
2) Dodge

Mary
1) Dodge
2) Dodge
Chris was relatively unphased by the intimidating navi, and his sinister abode. He knew that Nitro had faced much more than this guy in the past, he wasn't too concerned that Nitro might not be able to handle him. He did, however, feel a hint of concern for TNT's safety. Though she had definitely been put through her paces when it came to combat, he was somewhat afraid that this Navi might be too much for her to handle.

Nitro smirked as the group met their opponent, seemingly unimpressed by the environment the Navi had chosen to surround himself with. He chose not to taunt him, though; a glance upwards at the trapped navis told him that this Navi didn't mess around.

Instead, he took a battle-ready stance. Nitro decided that he wasn't going to let this guy get him on the defensive, and that he'd rush him before the Navi got a chance to ask.

"Chris, I need you to send me a few chips," Nitro said. "I've got an idea."

After Nitro listed off the chips he needed, Chris slotted in a Guard, which Nitro passed to TNT. Following this, Chris sent the DashAttack and Rope, the latter of which appeared as a lasso held in a neat loop in Nitro's hand. A small explosion at his heels sent Nitro surging toward the hellish Cerberus. As Nitro got within striking difference of his foe, he attempted to slip the lasso around him while he rammed the Navi. As he proceeded past, he attempted to use the Robe to both halt his momentum and draw the bindings, that were, hopefully, around their intended target, sickeningly tight.

Following all of this, Chris uploaded the Cannon, which Nitro fired at Cerberus, to hopefully knock him off of his feet in his assumed confused and inhibited state.

Tina, meanwhile, elected to simply keep her eyes on the fight, watching to see if there were any openings that she could use to potentially aid her allies.

Summary:
N1: Give Guard1 to TNT
T1: Guard1 defending TNT
N2: DashAttack at Cerberus (90dmg + Impact + LineAttack(5))
N3: Rope1 at Cerberus (50Wood + Hold (3 Turns))
N4: Cannon at Cerberus (40dmg + Knockback)
T2: Dodge
As the group of Navi and Support Programs began their assault, the armored Navi raised his hand out in front of him, palm parallel to the floor. The ground shook slightly and a sword rose up from the earth, a massive broadsword seemingly crafted from ivory bone and charred by the flames of the lava surrounding the platform. Cerberus wrapped his fingers around the hilt of sword and held it out to one side as he advanced.

Exorcist hurled her talisman toward the throne, the yellow scrap of paper warping the earth and causing solar panels to layer themselves over the ground. She then crafted a small statue and ducked behind it while her schoolgirl friends readied themselves to avoid whatever was coming. Cerberus ignored their actions and continued forward. His armor began to flicker, slowly at first but then gaining speed until he faded in and out of existence with every heartbeat.

Nitro gave his SP a shield before charging forward with a bang, a localized explosion at his feet launching him toward Cerberus. Unfortunately, the Navi passed straight through his armored opponent as Cerberus vanished at the very moment they were going to collide. Nitro's lasso also looped tight around nothing but air. The Navi and his rope collided into the stone throne and ended in a pile on the floor.

Exorcist fired off a second talisman, but this one fared little better than Nitro's charge. It passed through Cerberus and hit the floor, expending its energy into the solar panels on the floor. The armored Navi stopped flickering after the talisman passed through, whatever defenses that he had been using were evidently spent.

"No right?" Cerberus asked Exorcist. "Might makes right, little girl. It is through strength that a man can make the world in his image."

He looked like he was going to continue, but he was interrupted by a gunshot. Nitro's cannon blast smashed into Cerberus' back, causing the armored Navi to stumble forward, moving closer to the girls. Cerberus growled low, a menacing sound like that of a feral wolf. Cerberus turned toward Nitro and raised his free hand into the air. The solar panels beneath Nitro cracked and burst open, a pillar of flames engulfing the Navi were he stood.

The flames reached up to the ceiling, a hellish inferno that raged all around Nitro. The flames turned jet black, a corruption that washed over Nitro and seeped into his very core. The flames receded, vanishing back to the hell from which they came. However, Nitro could still feel the corruption within him, feeding on his data. A shadowy black substance marred his body, reaching across his chest and down both arms.

Cerberus turned back toward the group of girls and slashed wide with his sword. The schoolgirls were ready for him, the two Support Programs dodging away and Exorcist huddled behind her statue. The sword bit deep into the stone deity, cracking it open and releasing a searing energy from within. Cerberus was blasted by the counter attack, the energy drawing strength from the solar panels beneath the Navi to enhance the damage. When the light faded, Cerberus was left kneeling on cracked panels. He glared at Exorcist, murder in his eyes. He slashed out again, but this time all three of the schoolgirls dodged away.

Enraged, Cerberus hurled his sword away. The bone weapon landed in the flow of lava and was consumed by the intense heat and molten earth. The Navi vanished in an instant, his form consumed by a sudden jet of flames. He reappeared behind Exorcist, hovering in the air with a tree-pronged lance of blackened steel clutched tightly in his grip. He thrust the lance forward, impaling Exorcist with the three serrated tips and unleashing a wave of flames into the Navi's body. Exorcist collapsed to the floor, saved only by her undershirt.

Cerberus landed on the ground, lance disappearing. He Navi's lips twisted in a cruel smile and he vanished again. He reappeared back in the middle of the solar panel platform. He just stood there, staring blankly at the space between the group of schoolgirls and TNT. All emotion had vanished from his face and he didn't seem to be moving at all.

Cerberus.Exe???: 160 HP

Nitro.EXE: 60 HP [Stunx3, Frozen: Unable to attack]
Exorcist.EXE: 1 HP [Critical Condition!]
TNT.SP: 45 HP [Guard]

Terrain: 30% Solar, 30% Cracked with 40% Lava surrounding

Objects:
Throne: 55 HP, center of platform [StoneBody] [Heavy]
Burt's glasses shone white as a light flashed out from his PET, illuminating his face. He'd been sloppy; most things he'd fought up to this point had just been trying to make Exorcist naked, which was pretty pleasant for him. The trident attack, infused with deadly, deadly flames may have accomplished some of the same, but it had also nearly killed his navi. "Exorcist! I'm jacking you out right now! Don't move!" he panicked, startling the school's receptionist with his loud wailing.

Coughing, Exorcist struggled to prop herself up on all fours. Her body was charred, darkened around the point where the flames had begun spreading out. The spear had taken her in the shoulder; as a result, her white shirt had been immolated, leaving her in a white bra with yellow adornments. The little yellow bow on the front would have looked cutesy and provocative, if it weren't for the fact that it was a little fire-singed itself; one of the straps had burnt off already.

"No, Burt; I'm going to keep fighting. It's obvious now that this enemy is one that we need to face. He's clearly possessed by a demon... but what demon? Answer me!" she called out, ignoring her operator and focusing on her enemy instead. "Give me your name, demon!" Exorcist recounted that in Christian exorcism, knowing a demon's name would allow one to control it in the name of God. Of course, there was no God of Counterinfectualism as far as she knew, but she still thought she'd give it a try. She summoned all the strength up that she could manage, drawing deeply from her remaining chi.

Mary had Exorcist's best interests in mind; she didn't particularly doubt the effectiveness of Christian exorcism methods, but she knew that her master also needed healing. With surprising arm strength, she threw out a bottle to sling water across the navi's charred body. The healing would come as it would, but the moisture acted immediately, washing off the soot and wetting her down.

Exorcist shivered, shaking her hair out. Her breasts, now gleaming and moist with holy water, helped to invigorate Burt back into action. "Alright, sure, Exorcist," he murmured, adjusting his oval-rimmed glasses. "But I don't have a clue what he's doing for now. I say we take a gambit; we know we can recover our strength. Be passive for now, use this time to recover, and watch him. I'm betting he's planning a counterattack rather than recovering his strength... Heck, I'm not even sure if he's hurt," the operator admitted.

Nodding, Exorcist clutched her arm's across her chest modestly and watched her opponent. She put her efforts into drawing out her chi and releasing it in the form of a barrier, but then turned her attention to Nitro. With a reassuring smile, she surrounded him with its glow. Her chest heaved with exertion from the projection.

"Don't you need that to avoid another spear attack? I-I'll also take some chi, if you've got extra to give," Bhikkhuni inquired, still shaking as she brandished her shakujo.

"No, Nitro's in trouble; he needs this more than any of us. Mary, do you have water you can give his ally?" Exorcist replied, then shifted her attention to her SP.

"Of course," Mary replied with a smile, then offered their ally a vial. She tossed it with another expert motion.

Preparing herself for further attacks, Exorcist clenched her fists at her side and watched Cerebrus as he sat still... he didn't look like he was anticipating their attacks, but rather, was simply failing to care about what his opponents would do. "Again, demon! I command your name!" Exorcist cried.

Exorcist
1) Borrowing Life @ self [45 HP heal, 2 TCD]
2) Chi Barrier @ Nitro [120 HP barrier, 15 HP sacrifice, 3 TCD]
3) Dodge
4) Dodge

Bhikkhuni
1) Dodge
2) Dodge

Mary
1) Baptism of Faith @ Exorcist [72 HP heal, 2 TCD]
*) Recovery subtype IV @ TNT [Create IV (Passive 5 HP heal per target action, breaks on hit)]
2) Dodge
Nitro falls forward as the torrent of blackened flame subsides, landing on his hands and knees. Panting heavily, he looks up to see his ally get pierced and immolated by Cerberus's trident.

"Damn," Nitro growled. "I've gotta do something..." He rose his buster shakily, but for some reason, he was unable to fire. Looking at himself, he realised that he was coated in what appeared to be some sort of tar. He realized that the stuff had probably clogged his buster.

"Damn..." he repeated. Suddenly, he noticed that the environment had taken on a vaguely lighter tint. He saw Exorcist looking severely weakened, and realised she must have done some sort of enchantment to protect him.

Not wanting to squander Exorcist's gift, he began thinking of a way to rid himself of the black substance. He noticed the lava flowing around the arena, and suddenly, an idea comes to him. He drags himself to the edge of the arena, and drops into the lava flowing around. With any luck, the superheated lava would burn the stuff off of him, and he could fight.

Tina, meanwhile, was in the middle of catching the vial Mary had passed her. She uncorked it and poured the liquid within on herself, watching her partner drag himself into the lava. She looked over to Cerberus, who seemed to have taken a completely passive stance for no apparant reason. She seemed to decide against attacking him, in case he was trying to lure them into a trap, and merely decided to keep an eye out, in case the hellish Navi tried anything.

Summary:
N1,2,3: STUN
N4: Enter Lava
T*: Accept IV
T1: Dodge
"Demon?" The Navi's voice seemed to echo from all around Exorcist, as though it were coming from in front of her and behind. "Yes, I suppose you could say that it is a demon who haunts me. It is the need for strength, strength to defeat said demon, that drives me. I shall bring order to chaos. Know that little girl. I, Cerberus, shall not be ruled by chaos. The dragons may have fallen and the monsters bend knee, but not I."

Exorcist used the lull in combat to heal herself, aided by a flask of Mary's holy water. Realizing that her comrade was in trouble, she also took the time to craft a barrier for Nitro while Mary provided a smaller vial of healing water for TNT. Ever cautious, Bhikkhuni prepared herself for whatever her opponent had in store for the small group.

Cerberus continued to stand where he was, unmoving and unresponsive. His eyes stared blankly at a spot just above the trio of schoolgirls. His mouth opened and once more his voice echoed within the cavern.

"Buying time I see?" Cerberus sneered. "No matter. I shall feast on your strength. I will have need of it if I am to break my shackles."

A sudden wave of heat was all the warning the three girls hand. They dropped to the floor as a ring of crimson energy expanded outward from a point behind them. The ring radiated an intense heat, like that of the very lava itself. A blast of flame followed closely after. Exorcist and Bhikkhuni managed to scramble away from the inferno, but Mary was not fast enough. The flames licked her skin and, once tasting flesh, converged upon her as though they had a mind of their own. The schoolgirl was engulfed in flames, the searing heat and devouring inferno consuming all in its path. When the fires died down, Mary was gone.

Cerberus still hadn't moved. Now his head turned slightly, eyes tracking an invisible target that moved toward the center of the platform. A red glow materialized from thin air, growing into a massive sphere of flames. The heat waves radiating from the fireball revealed a hidden figure clutching it within its grasp. The fireball shot forward, striking Bhikkhuni in the chest and sending the support program hurdling backward into the lava. Like Mary, she too was deleted. A second fireball was launched toward Nitro, the sphere striking Exorcist's barrier and shredding it. A third fireball headed straight for TNT, but the girl managed to get her guard up in time. The fireball struck and fizzled out against the shield. A beam of golden light flashed across the battlefield to strike against the hidden foe, causing Cerberus to recoil in pain.

Suddenly defenseless, Nitro scrambled to get into the lava while hoping the flames would burn away the corruption rendering him useless. He managed to reach the pool of liquid stone and fell into it. Being a fire type, the flames didn't burn him and seemed almost beneficial as his systems began to restore themselves.

A low growl rumbled from within Cerberus, a sound echoed from an invisible form just to the Navi's left. A trio of black shadows erupted from the earth, each heading straight toward TNT. The program managed to dodge the first two shadows, but the third hit her straight on. The shadow formed a spike that impaled the girl in the gut.

Moments later, a second Cerberus appeared standing next to the other. The first Cerberus, otherwise emotionless, was staring intently at the newly revealed Navi.

Cerberus.Exe: 100 HP
Cerberus.Exe???

Nitro.EXE: 60 HP
Exorcist.EXE: 103 HP
TNT.SP: 15 HP
Bhikkhuni.SP: DELETED!
Mary.SP: DELETED!

Terrain: 30% Solar, 30% Cracked with 40% Lava surrounding

Objects:
Throne: 55 HP, center of platform [StoneBody] [Heavy]
Nitro's hand gripped onto the edge of the battlefield as he hoisted himself back up out of the lava, feeling reinvigorated now that he was free of the shadowy goop. He looked around at the battlefield, trying to determine what he had missed. He couldn't see Mary or Bhikkhuni anywhere, which could only mean one thing: Cerberus had managed to take them out. Exorcist and Tina, however, still seemed to be active, which filled Nitro with a warm bubble of confidence; they still had a chance to finish this.

Nitro watched as Tina nimbly dodged the shadows. He was about to cheer her on when suddenly, she was pierced through her navel. As she fell to her knees, the warm bubble of confidence Nitro felt swelled up into a searing hot wave of rage that flowed throughout Nitro's body. He quickly pulled himself out of the lava, launching himself into the air, and landed on the ground. Straightening up, his entire body suddenly shone with a brilliant flash of green light. The light seemed to travel and focus itself to shine from his buster, which he raised to the Cerberus that had just appeared.

"Hey! Asshole!" Nitro shouted to get the Navi's attention. "I don't care what kind of screwed up powertrip you've got going on here, but nothing gives you the right to kidnap a bunch of Navis and do... whatever the hell this is to them," Nitro nodded his head up toward the ceiling, noting the Navis trapped up there. "Of course, I was just going to do the merciful thing and slap you around until you agreed to let them go and be a good boy from now on." Nitro paused for a moment.

"But, here's where you screwed up," Nitro continued. "You decided it would be just peachy to start beating up my ladyfriends here. That just doesn't fly with me you got that? So now, I'm not just gonna hope that you'll give up and go crawl away under some rock. No, now I'm just gonna blow you into one thousand and fifty eight bite little sized pieces. I just thought I'd make that clear."

As Nitro wrapped up his speech, his buster was shaking violently, absolutely packed with built up power, smoke pouring out of the barrel. He fired the weapon at Cerberus, sending a stream of explosives at the hellhound navi. Each explosive shone with a brilliant green hue, each one supercharged with Nitro's pent up rage. The shine around Nitro seemed to die down slightly, but he still shone slightly. He moved his buster over towards Tina, and fired yet again, sending a small gold grenade flying through the air. The grenade exploded as it landed at Tina's knees, releasing a cloud of restoratives, which she inhaled, setting to work on repairing her systems. The shadowy spike was pushed out of her as her stomach resealed itself. She stood up, eyeing her partner as he stood there, fuming, his buster heavily scorched and blackened from the attack. She was slightly afraid of him, she'd never seen him this angry before. She decided that it would be a good idea to simply watch the cloud of smoke and dust that had been kicked up around Cerberus dissapate, making sure he didn't try to attack one of them.

Summary:
N1: Exit Lava
N2: Short Fuse (50 Strengthen, 10 Damage Resistance, 15 Self dmg)(3TCD)
N3: Overheat at Cerberus.EXE (100dmg (+50 Strengthen = 150dmg), 15 Self dmg)(3TCD)
N4: Healing Hand Grenade at TNT (60Heal + Blast1)(2TCD)
T1: Dodge

Cooldowns:
Overheat: UTT
Healing Hand Grenade: UTT
Short Fuse: UTT
Burt watched his screen, unmoving as his body froze with tension. Slowly, he reached his hands up to his face, then grabbed at his pasty flesh, gripping at his cheeks in dismay and dragging the skin as hard as they could. "Noooooo! It's way too early in the life of my religion to appoint posthumous sainthood to anyone! My beautiful giiiiirls! Aaaagh, even Bhikkhuni! I want to see her pouty face agaaaain!" he wept, ignoring all sense of convention and filling the wait room with his wailing.

Looking at the scorched earth where her SPs were moments earlier, Exorcist felt her body shiver, but she didn't mentally lose composure. She'd already steeled herself for the fact that they'd have to make some sacrifices. A good Counterinfectualist knew what she was getting herself into before she took the job. There were still other captives that had to be rescued. And...

If she suspected that there was a jack-out barrier up, she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

So she burned the idea from her mind, almost as if brainwashing herself, and devoted herself single-mindedly to her religion's duty: freeing the net from the grasp of evil spirits. Cerberus was either a demon himself or otherwise possessed by one. Regardless, there was no method she knew of ridding the net of such a demon besides battle.

While Exorcist was purging herself of her emotions to fight the opponent, Nitro was channeling his anger into an attack. She reminded herself that besides the captives that she needed to free, there were also allies that were counting on her to perform her duties. "Cerebrus... from your words, it sounds like a powerful demon has taken hold of you. Unfortunately, my religion has only come so far. If you are a demon, this is the fate you deserve. If not... Well, we'll hope that the exorcism is successful," she warned him.

"Exorcist, no! I'm jacking you out right now. I'd rather burn my whole library and even the secret shelf that I hid behind the dictionaries so that Jerry and Joey wouldn't see it than let you fight that guy!" Burt exclaimed, interrupting his navi. "You have to get out of there, I command it!"

"No, Burt! We have to perform the exorcism. This is the first time I've really felt that my services are needed," the navi replied, clenching her fists.

"And it could be the last time! I'm going to amend the creed right now so that fighting this guy is forbidden! I swear, I'm gonna do it!" he warned her.

"I'm sorry, Burt, but I need my katana. If we're going to believe in Counterinfectualism, we're going to have to stick with this to the end. Don't throw away what Mary and Bhikkhuni were fighting for!" she exclaimed, growing increasingly irritated.

"Right... Yeah, right... probably right," Burt mumbled. He couldn't turn his back on Counterinfectualism now any easier than Exorcist could. He'd thrown away just about every socially respectable aspect of his life in order to pursue his dream. But he still wasn't sure that it was worth risking his favorite disciple over...

He couldn't even bear to try to jack her out at this point, though. If the jack-out failed, it'd prove that he was in danger of losing her forever. To spare himself that agony, he tried to immerse himself in a similar mindset to the one Exorcist had taken. "Yeah, I guess that's the best idea right now. You're going to do what you want, so I might as well equip you for it," he sighed.

Nodding, Exorcist accepted both her katana and a Skully battlechip. She elected to use the bone first to disorient her opponent; once that was done, she would move in with the katana. Following up on the idea, she quickly brought out the curved, bleached bone and slung it forth like a boomerang. She was confident that if she'd made the right move, a divine wind would guide her attack as usual.

Moving in behind her projectile, Exorcist raised her naked arms above her head and summoned her katana into her hands. "Exit, demon!" she cried out, bringing the sword down and across in four lightning fast motions. The sweeps were so wide that she didn't worry about the fact that her enemy had created a duplicate; she simply sought to eradicate both of them. Once she'd finished, she jumped back and tossed the katana aside. Focusing seriously now upon her own survival, she prepared to move.

"Aaaaah, Chris! I'm so sorry I got you into this!" Burt blubbered. "And Exxy, I'm sorry to you too! And Mary! And Bhikkhuni! And Nitro! And Tina!" If he had it all to do again, he'd definitely jack his navi and his SPs out, go back, teach his class, and enjoy the normality of it. Well, as normal as his life typically was, anyways; not with real, practical teaching or anything.

1) Skully1 @ 1st Cerberus.EXE [100 damage, C accuracy + homing + confusion]
2) Katana1 @ both Cerberus.EXE [60 damage melee, boosted A accuracy + slashing + wide x2]
3) Katana1 @ both Cerberus.EXE [60 damage melee, boosted A accuracy + slashing + wide x2]
*) Swordplay dodge
4) Dodge