Checking out the library

SHIT!

The feline Navi new he was pretty much screwed at this point. He only really had one or two options that didnt involve an all out brawl, but running was far from easy in this position. Seeing the navi in a tight spot, Rei attempted to give curse some advice on a private channel.

"Curse, if things get messy try to use the desk as cover.push it to face your enemies, and hide behind it if you need to. I got a couple of chips ready, just say the word and i'll send em." The feline just nodded as he thought to himself.

"Got it, nyaa. Lets see how this works."

Curseman prepared to tilt the desk which was still serving as a decent hiding place, oddly enough. It could probably survive as a shield for at least one attack, he had hoped. Maybe he could even manage to talk this out, or get some kinda info from cover.

An idea with a high chance of fail, in his mind of course.

[splice turn?]

1st: block with desk and hide like a frightened kitten if needed
2/3: ???
The three figures moved into the doorway, and immediately looked towards the long desk. Curseman then tilted the desk forward, catapulting several of the glowing orbs towards the SPs and Navi. One of the orbs ricocheted off the right SP's barrier and bounced on the floor with a chiming clang. Two of the other orbs flew towards the Navi, but she easily pushed them away with a gust of wind from the wave of her fan. She then shifted to offense and made a back-handed swing with her fan, that created a torrent of air that pushed the entire table across the room. Curseman was now devoid of cover, but at least he wasn't tumbling with the table as it crashed into the opposite wall.

Robed Navi: 240HP [Elemental Fan]
SP A: 100HP
SP B: 100HP [Barrier]

Terrain: 100% Normal

Obstacles:
Tables A,B,C: 50HP
Chairs A-G: 20HP
Long Desk: Smashed
Podium: 100HP [Immobile]

Curseman: 140HP
(getting used to everything again after my hiatus, if i screwed up anything, lemme know xD and bear with the poor rp'ing)

"I've been found, nyaah. SHIT!"

the feline navi jumped to his feet and took a defensive stance as he looked onward towards the three beings who had stumbled upon him in the small room. Looking around, there wasn't really any means of escape, aside from the door, only accessible by going through said beings.

Though curse was usually aggressive in these situations, he really had to stop and think if this was how he wanted to do things. He didn't know where he was, he didn't know what might happen if he started fighting, and for one of the first times since his creation he preferred not to kill anything he didn't have to in this sort of predicament.

Rei could somewhat see his navi's hesitation, even he had to admit it was a rare occurrence. The best idea he could come up with was to give curse even a little bit of defense just in case this led to a mistake in battle. Rei quickly loaded up the guard1 battle chip, followed by the rage claw.

With a claw on his right arm, and a shield in his left, curse quickly guarded his body.

"Look, nyah! I don't want to fight you! i just want to get out of here. I don't even know where i am, so why are you being so hostile, nyah?!"

If they continued to attack, he was prepared to block and dodge, but he definitely didn't want to act hastily without seeing their response. if they continued to attack, he would have no choice but to incapacitate them.

Summary:

2nd: guard1

3rd: dodge
The Navi drew her fan back and prepared to strike again, but stopped as Curseman attempted to reason with her. The Navi looked back to one of the SPs, and the SP nodded before she sent out a wireless signal, confirming the sighting of the two little SPs was actually a Navi, and not the overacting imaginations of a pair of young Support Programs. The signal reached one of the SPs in a communications hub-like room, who immediately closed all communication channels in and out of the sanctuary. Rei's PET screen flickered with static before a "disconnected" image appeared on the screen. Curseman was then completely cut off from his Operator, so with the lack of chips and guidance, his resources were rapidly lessened.

The robed Navi still held her fan at the ready, but eased her stance and replied to Curseman.

I'm just going to go straight to the point. The problem is, we cannot let you "just get out of here." So you have a choice: either you come quietly now, or things get ugly and we bring you in battered and broken. Your choice.

Robed Navi: 240HP [Elemental Fan]
SP A: Left the Room
SP B: 100HP [Barrier]

Terrain: 100% Normal

Obstacles:
Tables A,B,C: 50HP
Chairs A-G: 20HP
Long Desk: Smashed
Podium: 100HP [Immobile]

Curseman: 140HP [Guard1]
"Rei? REI?!"

Curseman tried to open up a private channel and reach rei, but all he was getting was static. He was completely alone now against this unknown area of the net, and it's people who seemed less then friendly. He still had his shield and his claw, but it might not be enough to save him, especially if reinforcements were sent.

The feline navi let out a glare as what seemed like the leader of the group spoke. clearly he was being looked down on, and if the situation was any different, he would have lost it on the navi and went after her full force. This wasn't the time for hot-headed actions though. With Rei out of the picture, curse had no one to turn to, and no one to help him but himself.

"Your pretty cocky, just because you cut me from my op, nyaa." The cat spoke with a scowl. Letting out a slight sigh, he tried to calm himself a bit, before continuing. "If i go with you peacefully, will you explain whats going on, and answer my questions?"

He wasn't planning to lower his guard at any point in the near future, until he got some answers. At least this way, he could get some more time to think.
Summer stood her ground, she was not willing to divulge any sort of information to this strange outsider, and would rather have pummeled him with her winds. Then a voice came in from the doorway, quiet, but sounded mature and confident.

Yes, if you come with us, we will answer any questions you have.

A second robed Navi walked into the groom. Her hair was silvery white and reached down just above her shoulders. Her face was very fine, and her bright blue eyes shone almost as brilliantly as the tiara-like metal headdress on her head, or the bracelets over her wrists. Her robes were very similar to the other Navi, but were a light gray color. She carried a long staff with a curved, scythe-like blade fixed to its top. Summer's eyes moved to the side, but she kept her focus on Curseman.

Luna, we can't let the intruder know about us. What if he escapes?

Luna passed Summer, she seemed to have ignored Summer's comment and approached Curseman.

I'm not here to hurt you. Please, come with me and I will explain everything as we walk to central tower.

Luna gestured towards the door, where a pair of overly curious SPs realized they have been spotted, and quickly ducked back behind the doorway.
Curseman observed the interaction between the two females, noting that the one addressed as luna was clearly the more reasonable of the two. Hearing her talk, he relaxed himself a small degree. In no way did this mean he was trusting of her either, of course. Having someone to negotiate with just made this problem a little easier to deal with, provided it wasn't fictional.

"well then, nyaa, i believe I'll have to accept your offer."

The felines eyes shifted over to the woman who he had first encountered, and looked back down at his weapons. He was hesitant to say the least, when it came to the idea of ridding himself of the two final chips he had received from Rei before they were cut off.

"you do understand i'm still uneasy about relinquishing my equipment though, yes nyaa? The welcome i received wasn't exactly pleasant."

The cat made sure to state this fact. If it went well, he could finally get to the bottom of things, whilst keeping himself from being completely defenseless. It still wasn't the ideal situation, but he had to make do with what was available.
Luna took another step closer, but loosened her grip on her scythe and let it slide to the ground with a slight tap. She then stood it straight up with her hand and let it go, where it continued to stay still, as if it was leaning up against an invisible wall. She turned back to Curseman and gave a slight, apologetic smile.

I understand how you feel. I would like to personally apologize for the rather rude behavior of my colleagues.

Luna turned her head and stared at the other Navi, who looked away and loudly folded her fan shut before she turned and walked out the door.

Summer is a nice girl, but she's a little blunt when it comes to strangers.

She turned around and started to walk out the door, and retrieved her scythe before she stopped a few paces from the door, and faced Curseman.

Please, come with me. It's a bit of a walk, but we likely have much to talk about.
Curse kept an eye on luna, but relaxed himself as he nodded in agreement with her comment. She didn't give off the same aggressive atmosphere as the one named summer had. If anything she seemed to give off a more calm, and somewhat regal presence. Besides, as far as curse was concerned there was no point standing around in this classroom staying on the defensive.

"indeed, nyaa. Please, lead the way miss."

Without further delay, Curse headed for the door. Of course he really had no idea where they were going, so he just planned to follow luna all the way. Still, he had to figure out what exactly he wanted to ask her. Though she said she would answer them all, who knew just how much time he would have to ask. Anything could happen in a foreign place, after all.

A little hesitant at first, curseman finally mustered up the words he needed for the first question. the biggest one in his mind right now.

"so... if you don't mind my asking... just where exactly am i, nyaa?" a broad question, but it was the best idea he had to start with.
Luna smiled as Curseman agreed to come with her out of the room. They had already traversed the steps from the rooms and down to the "bridge" where the statue stood before Curseman finally asked a question.

Hmm?

Luna stopped to allow Curseman to catch up with her before she started to explain.

You are currently in the "sanctuary," a test area where different social experiments are taking place. You see, the idea behind the sanctuary was to see how Navis and SPs can interact with each other in one confined area, all without the guidance and direction of NetOperators. We decided to turn the sanctuary into a "school" as to prevent mass boredom, and have some sort of structure in our little society.

Luna looked over to Curseman, but then her eyes went wide and she blushed as she placed her hand over her mouth. She appeared to be very embarrassed.

Oh, I'm so sorry! I never introduced myself! I am Luna, one of the main "faculty" in the sanctuary. I normally act as a professor for some of the classes here, and my secondary position is to resolve variables, to keep the experiment data reliable.

She stopped and released her scythe, which stood in place vigilantly, and turned to Curseman and extended her right hand in greeting. She was still blushing slightly, she was embarrassed that she had talked this long with a complete stranger, without even telling him her name, or learning his.
Curse blinked for a moment, his brain somewhat digesting what just happened, before realizing he had done the same. He mentally face palmed as he tried to say something quickly, but nothing quite came out at first. His twin tails stood straight back as he tried to speak without sounding like an idiot at this point.

"N-nyaah, I apologize." He stammered, still caught off guard a little, with a hint of a frantic tone in his words. " I was so caught up with everything i forgot my manors. Please forgive me, nyew."

His eye's moved to meet hers, feeling a bit of shame in his rude act, though it could hardly have been helped. so much had gone on that day, that manners were the last thing on his mind. Slowly he raised his hand to meet hers, a little nervous in the motion, and trying to crack a smile.

"I'm known as Curseman, but please don't let the name fool you, nyah. feel free to just call me Curse though. most do."

The feline spoke, finally calming himself slightly. Though after a moment, he finally realized the blush upon luna's cheeks, and his face shyed away to the side slight. it couldn't be helped, as the cat found it kind of cute, and didnt want to say or do anything that may embarass himself anymore then he already had.
Hm... Curseman. Sorry, but you're a variable.

Luna's facial expression quickly changed to a stern, stone-faced look as she raised her hand up. Her hand moved as quickly as her expression, and she delivered an incredibly fast blow to the base of Curseman's skull. Any normal navi would have been out like a light immediately, but Curseman had just a few moments of consciousness before he hit the floor.

Don't think ill of me, it's my duty.

Curseman hit the floor like a sack of bricks as the other Navis and SPs approached. Summer was the first to speak.

So you never intended to tell him, at least you could have been easier on me.

If I did, then I wouldn't have been able to have him drop his guard. Take him to the citadel.

Four SPs approached and each grabbed one of Curse's appendages and lifted him up before hurrying off past the large building as Summer and Luna followed. A large tower stood behind the building, and they quickly entered.

Curseman slowly came to as the room slowly blurred into view. The room was rather plain, with a single door, plain walls, and standard lighting. However, there was a rather complex control console directly in front of him, and he noticed he was on an elevated platform. He tried to move his arms and legs, but they didn't seem to respond. He looked down to see if they were still there, and luckily for him all of his appendages were present. He tried to crane his neck forward to get a better view of the room, but the nose of his feline helmet tapped against a hard object. It seemed as if he was held inside a nearly invisibly clear tube of some kind. He heard a slightly muffled beeping noise, and a SP walked into the room, on cue. She saw Curseman and took a step back before she ducked back out of the room.

A few moments later, she re-entered with Luna, Summer, and two others.

So, he's awake.
"nngh... what happened to me..." curse muttered to himself as he began to realize what was going on. Of course once his gaze came upon luna and summer, the slits of his eyes began to thin as his body tensed up, wanting to strike at them with all his might. sadly he was still bound by something he couldn't recognize, and was unable to act.

"Luna! what the hell did you do to me, nyah!" He hollered out, trying to strugle inside the glass tube. He hadn't done anything to them, he hadn't even intended to come to this place, so why was he the one being punished for something that was more then likely they're fault.

"Why would you have to go through such measures for an accident, huh?! Why is it such a big deal that i ended up here, nyaa?!" Curse was both confused, and angered, the tone in his voice was frantically changing with his mood. This whole mission was taking it's toll on his mind and he didn't know what to do anymore. In a desperate attampt he tried to slam his helmet up against the glass before him hoping it might do something.
Nothing personal, Curseman. But we just can't let you go. You see,-

It's an impossibility.[i][/i]

Luna stopped speaking, and turned as she backed away from the door. All of the Navis quickly moved away from the door as the chiming clank of a staff rang from the hallway. Curseman managed not to knock himself out from bashing his head against the inside of his holding tube, and saw the polished silver shaft of the staff first. It was then that the Navi walked into the room. She looked EXACTLY like the statue he saw in the main square.

She was garbed in a sorceress' mage-wrap made of a peculiar silver-grey cloth. The wrap covered her from the neck down (including her arms and legs), and was belted with a sash of the same cloth around her waist. Over this is was deceptively simple floor-length cloak of the same strange material. She also wore boots and gloves of a lighter silvery-white.

The Navi's angel-fine hair fell in a soft white cascade to her lower back. The top of her head is adorned with headgear made of a mythril-hued metallic substance with a mysterious color-shifting gemstone inset in the center. Her eyes were a faded gray-blue, never change their color, and always seem to have a distant quality to them.

In her left hand, she carried a supernaturally durable 5 foot long brushed-silver staff. The shaft is engraved with the rune-like symbols of every known Net element, and a few more scientists have yet to discover. The head of the staff was adorned with a large, transparent, many-faceted gemstone, clasped in a 4 pronged setting from beneath by the staff. Within the gem floated the ethereal image of the Elemental School of magic she was currently employing.

One of the other Navis, the one he noticed in the classroom before he entered the empty room, spoke up and gestured towards Curseman.
Miss Arcaster, this is the intruder Luna apprehended.

You must must be Curseman. I apologize things happened this way, and since there isn't much to do now, the least I could do is tell you where you actually are; whether you choose to listen or not.[i][/i]

One of the SPs pulled up with one of the chairs and moved it towards her. She waved the SP off, she seemed to prefer to stand.

I am called Arcaster.NSE, and this is place is called the Sanctuary. You see... this place is a safe haven, a sanctuary I have created to protect us from a very powerful Navi who wishes to exterminate us all. We have gained strength by taking in abandoned and orphaned Navis and SPs. What at first was merely an orphanage, I and my fellow Navis and SPs have transformed into a school for the elemental arts. I am trying to give these forgotten and abandoned programs the ability to defend themselves from Executor and his followers.[i][/i]

She shifted her stance as she paused for a brief moment.

Right now, we have no chance to survive against an attack by Executor's forces; our sanctuary's only defense is lack of detection. If we let you leave, our location will be uncovered, and we would be defenseless. I hope you understand now why we can't let you leave.[i][/i]

Again she paused, but this time she seemed to have been mulling something over in her head.

I have thought of every possibility, every feasible path. I wish I could return you to your Operator, so you wouldn't suffer the same fate as I did, but your Operator has seen too much, and we cannot let him figure out what this place is. Our only choice is to put you in stasis, and hold you here until either Executor is stopped, or when we can afford to reveal the location of our secret sanctuary. I sincerely apologize that we must do this to you, but we have no other alternative. We will make sure you come to no harm, and that you are re-united with your Operator when you are released.[i][/i]

Though she kept her composure, and her face seemed to be devoid of emotion, she was truly sorry, and ashamed that she was about to sever the connection between Navi and Operator (albeit temporarily), something that happened to her and has haunted her ever since.

You will be held in a state of suspended animation, a deep sleep, if you will. The process is quick, completely painless, and when we revive you, you shall suffer no ill effects. But before we do, is there anything you would wish to say?[i][/i]
Cursemans head hung low, no sound coming from him at all, after he had listened to the speach of the one called arcaster. He didn't move a muscle, silence was all that filled the tube he was being contained in. Inside however, thoughts were blaring inside his skull. of all the possibilities that could have happened, he questioned why he had to take this mission, and why things had ended up so bad. Curseman was never one to just sit around and do nothing, and the feeling of being helpless was even worse. he had never felt so weak in his whole creation then at this moment in time, and it made him angry with himself. Angry, and completely petrified with fear.

it was clear there was no garuntee that he would be released anytime soon, or that he could find rei after he was released. There was no garuntee that he would be released at all given the circumstances the female just talked about. he wanted to make his own choices, his own fate, not one forced upon him by someone he never met until just now. As it was, he couldn't do anything though. Curseman knew he would have to make a decision, one that he would have to accept regardless of what may happen in the future. When he thought about it, there really was only one thing he wanted to do in this situation. The feline navi swallowed hard, trying to hold back his emotions, as he finally began to speak.

" ... fight..." The words refused to come out, even though he made his choice. Curse gritted his teeth and tried to speak once more, still unsure if this would even change anything.

"I want to fight..."

A tear streamed down the navi's face as he tried to strengthen his resolve to this cause. He couldn't allow himself to be forever frozen in time, unable to do anything at all. If it ment returning sooner, he would do anything.

" Let me fight! Your building your forces, aren't nyou?! You want to survive?!" The navi tried to contain his emotions but more tears began to flow, yet he continued to try and hide it, lowering his head to hide his eye's with his helmet. "I'll get stronger, nyaa... Strong enough to help people... i dont want to do nothing for the rest of my life. Even if it means severing all ties from my current existance... let me help, nyaa..."

Curse really didn't know what else to say. All he could really ever do was fight. He wasn't intellegent, nor did he have many strengthes. He could only fight. With one last breath, he muttered his final sentence.

"I'll do whatever is needed... anything asked of me... Just as long as nyou can promise, that when this conflict is over, that i can be free to choose where i go and what to do with myself. If you can do that... then i'm yours to command, nyaa.

The feline didn't struggle anymore. he didn't speak anymore. he just waited for his fate. Wether his voice reach them, or if things had gone unchanged, would be decided now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, rei had gone into a mental breakdown after losing curse's signal. As an Op, he felt useless as he had been the one who sent curse out on this mission and now he didn't even know where he went. All he could do was trust curse, yet after enough time had passed, he started to fear for the worst. In this state he didn't say anything, but the look upon his face was not that of a sane man. All he had thought about was that he needed to find curse, and that it was all his fault.

"Curse... where... where are you" He began to mutter to himself over and over, staring blankly at his PET which was full of static, and bold bright red letters which read "No Signal". Failing one's navi brought a heavy toll upon an Op's mind. Even more so when one was as confident as Rei had been. Now, all that was left was an empty shell of a man, kneeling upon the ground, lost in his own thoughts. Nothing more. from this point on, the man he would become was up in the air, and his actions unpredictable. Any possibility could occur from here on out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would they be reunited? What would become of the captured curse, and the broken rei? And how would this change their lives?

Only time would tell the fate of curseman and rei... only time, would make their destinies move forward... and only then, could the mysteries be unraveled...
Arcaster heard Curseman's final request, and turned around as she put a finger on her chin. She stood there for a few seconds, deep in thought. Luna then approached Arcaster cautiously and spoke.

Madam Arcaster, I think we should consider his offer. Though I have spent little time with him, and I can't really explain it, but know he is a good Navi at heart. I-

Arcaster raised her hand towards Luna, which caused her to be silent, and back away slowly. Arcaster lowered her hand, and turned back to Curseman.

We do not accept outsiders, especially those who sneak into our home, cause a panic amongst the population, and resist capture.[i][/i]

However, we are under desperate times, and should capitalize on every resource available. I accept your request, on one condition. If I even suspect you of trying to escape, or working against us, we will throw you into stasis without a second thought! But if you are as Luna claims, you will become one of the guardians of this community. You will be under constant watch, and your access to different areas of the sanctuary will be severely limited; but if you prove to me that you can be trusted, we will gradually remove those restrictions.[i][/i]

Arcaster turned to Luna, and spoke sharply

Luna, you vouched for this Navi, so I trust him to your care. Know that if you cannot keep him in check, the consequences will be severe. Do I make myself clear?[i][/i]

Luna bowed towards Arcaster, and obscured the growing smile on her face.

Yes ma'am! I shall watch over Curseman with utmost vigilance.

Good. As for the rest of you, I expect you to resume your normal duties, and assist Luna whenever needed. I shall inform everyone of our newest member.[i][/i]

As she turned back towards the door, she quickly gave orders to some of the room's occupants.

Autumn, contact Winter immediately and update her on what has happened during her absence. Get him out of stasis and brief him immediately.[i][/i]

She walked towards the door, but paused and turned back towards Curseman and gave him one last look over.

And clean him up. He looks like a soot-covered stray.[i][/i]

The SP at the stasis cell controls gave a stifled giggle before she went back to the console and started to deactivate the stasis effects. Summer, Spring, Autumn, and Luna started discussing what they should do next with their newest "recruit." The stasis was completely shut down, and the tube was lifted away. As Curseman stepped down from the elevated platform. Luna approached him and gestured him forward.

Come with me, we have much to teach you. And this time, I promise not to incapacitate you, okay?

Luna then made a genuine laugh, something she hasn't done in a very long time. The group of Navis, then left the room together, and thus started Curseman's new adventure. Whatever happens next is still up in the air, but hopefully Curseman and Rei will be reunited in the near future.

((Mission Complete))