The Vain Jackdaw

Chrosa continued to roam the metropolis areas of Netopia Net. The place is no more different than the real world where the nightly streets were dressed with adorned lights.

He liked the nightlife better when viruses are more aggressive, despite having adorable season-themed adornments on them this time of the year. Chrosa himself made sure he was dressed accordingly to fit the season spirit.

"Brr, sure feels cold here. If this keeps on my blood will be frozen rather than boiling," Chrosa spoke in a broken voice. He decided to wear his dusty jacket to gather a bit of warmth from the freezing temperatures that was slowly dropping.

"Don't think about it too much and start finding enemies. Also make sure to go easy on picking cause this is just a warm up," Zed replied, pun unintentional.

Suddenly the cold breeze blew something towards Chrosa's face to what appears to be a promotional flyers saying, 'Winters Virus Busting Giveaway'!'. "Yadayadayada...whoever deletes the virus holding the lucky Golden Tag is this seasons rightful winner," Chrosa began to smile.

"Sounds great. I suggest heading for the lake. That would be the perfect spot to find some unsuspecting viruses," Zed continued. He was sipping his Earl Gray tea, still steaming.

Chrosa's smile disappeared. "Honestly I don't understand how people think the opposite of what I want. Freezing in the lake is not what I had In mind."

Zed however ignored his Navi's complaint and instructed him to go forward. The lone NetNavi went on to find some excitment.

(Searching for Battle #1)
[[url=http://s10.zetaboards.com/RockmanChaosNetwork/topic/7441166/1/]Please follow this link and create a signature so we have something to help us Mod you[/url]. Thankfully I can look up your stuff through your registration, but it will make it really hard on us in the future if you don't have a signature.]

The soothing song of a Melody virus, looking like a Navi-sized bouncing note, hopped into view. Behind it a pair of paper dolls flittered about. Noticing Chrosa, they made angry faces and bounced and flitted forward for the attack.

-Virus-
Melody: 80HP
PowieA: 60HP
PowieB: 60HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Navi-
Chrosa.EXE: 150HP

~Battle 1: Start!!~
The streets were getting dimmer the deeper Chrosa went in. Added that night when most Navis weren't online and you got a sickening of viruses waiting for an easy picking. That's what happened to Chrosa, aka the Corvus monedula.

The perfect bait.

Strolling along the walkway, viruses suddenly leaped out of view. Two of which were Powies, unusually decorated to look like a Christmas bell ornament. While the lonesome one was a Melody that had a certain jingle being played faintly, one nobody could possibly not have recognized.

"Oh, look at them Chrosa, Aren't they just the cutest! You really should hurry up and delete them before I change my mind," Zed said, before he was about to eat his sandvich. Two chips were then downloaded into the Net, their descriptions untold.

Chrosa tried to use the best out of his chips, a cannon and a Rageclaw, something Zed just acquired fairly recently. He could take out the Melody instantaneously with them. Chrosa proceeded to dash immediately towards the helpless Melody and gave a blast in the face seconded with a full throttle throw upon the Powie .

"You know, those paper dolls can come crashing down on you any second if they want to."

"I know that. You don't have to tell me just because I'm new to you," Chrosa replied as he swiftly backed away from the Powies, a bit embarrassed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[1*] Cannon (60 Null+Knockback,Acc A) > Melody
[2*] RageClaw1 (20 Null+ Impact on Throw) > Melody >> Powie
[3*] Dodge
The first Cannon blast tagged the Melody at point blank range, causing crushing damage to the Melody and shoving it back with the force of the blow. Chrosa followed right after it and as it skidded on the ground, digging a claw into the virus and throwing it at one of the Powies, missing the Powie. However the impact of the throw still deleted the poor Melody.

The two Powies flew above the Navi and turned into 10-ton presses. They fell hard and attempted to flatten Chrosa, but failed to hit the dodging Navi. However, as the Powies changed back into paper dolls, the floor below them wasn't looking too stable.

-Virus-
Melody: DELETED
PowieA: 60HP
PowieB: 60HP

-Terrain-
90% Normal
10% Cracked

-Navi-
Chrosa.EXE: 150HP [RageClaw1: 5/6]
Chrosa did the right decision following his operator orders when one the flimsy paper dolls materializes into frightful weights. As he barely made it out as he leaped backwards, the ground trembled as the 10-ton gargantuan weight broke a part of the walkway. It would be immediately fixed itself when the battle was over.

However, as long battle continued, its was best not to get too close to it. Not when there is a continuous sewer system that links the entire network coverage of the real world metropolis, Vaelina which has its own set of sewage system spanning it. It would be a long drop.

"Hey, stop overthinking already and continue battling!" Someone gave a sharp cry. It was only Zed breaking his train of thought, again sending down another two unnamed chips. It was the shotgun and a ring shaped shocker, as Chrosa describes it.

Turning around, Chrosa fired the shotgun that hardly gave any substantial recoil like any real shotgun existed.

And then he did something that just turned the battle around. He ran towards the flapping paper duo and stood on one of them turning it into a compressed virus, still casually flapping. The rest was a long dead silence.

Pwoo! Zed was startled when the helpless doll, inflated in less then a second. The Powie wasn't going to give up here and there and inhaled the air around it at an alarming rate . This was exactly what Chrosa wanted, launching him like a projectiled bullet high in the air. Using his last chip, he sent a shot, an electrical band on one of the targets. Gritting his teeth.

"Bravo, bravo! That was very entertaining. I expect no less from you," giving the Navi an applause.

Luck was on Chrosa's side once again as the two paper dolls were riddled with buckshot. Torn and battered they feebly attempted to move into position to drop onto Chrosa. However, the Navi surprised them by leaping into the air at them. Chrosa bounced off of the soft, pillowy body of the first and was knocked out of the way, just as the other turned into a 10-ton weight and smashed into the ground below, a dozen feet away from where Chrosa landed. Chrosa then released a ring of electricity at the Powie he bounced off of, shocking it into deletion.

-Virus-
PowieA: DELETED
PowieB: 10HP

-Terrain-
85% Normal
15% Cracked

-Navi-
Situations like these were both good and bad depending on how one looks at it. It was obvious that this would be an easy finish using simple buster. But Zed knows Chrosa wouldn't do that. Not without toying around with his enemy first.

"Chrosa! Stop dawdling and hurry up and finish it off," Zed tried to persuade his Navi into quickly ending it. "You might get a good chip or good zenny."

"Yeah okay. Ill buy it this time but if I get crap i'm gonna get angry," his tone clearly showed seriousness.

He closed in towards the limping doll whilst dragging his brass fists against the floor and finally giving a double bash with both of his fists flung into the air, hitting the Powie in the process. Chrosa wasn't going to end without a full kick too.

[Extra!!] (10, Gatling-Attack) > PowieB
With a combo of two fists followed by a kick, the last Powie was turned into junk data.

-Virus-
PowieA: DELETED
PowieB: DELETED

-Terrain-
85% Normal
15% Cracked

-Navi-

~Battle 1: Victory!~
Reward: Quake1 + 200z

Quote ()

Quake1
Damage: 100 + Impact + Medium Area Cracked Terrain
Accuracy: C
Description: Drops a ton on one enemy.
Duration: Once.
Element: Null
The broken fragments of the shattered pavement were quickly repaired by green androids popping out of the hole that reeks from inside. They wouldn't leave the scene without a single speck of dust left behind. As for the poor virus' remains, untouched, it too was soon slowly disappearing as the weather changed back to normal. Chrosa brushed off some imaginary dust from his shoulder. There wasn't anything left for Chrosa there so he moved towards.

"Gah, I've been walking for awhile but still no viruses?! its so hard to find something to delete here. I'll just have to kill time for now." Chrosa stopped and leaned against a wall, busy configuring something on his glowing arm, taking a shape of a double helical structure. "Hmm... a delay 2 seconds. Inflating in 0.45111 milliseconds..." as he muttered. Finishing his report on his analysis, Chrosa revolved his arm like a revolver's barrel - information as the munition rather than bullets. "Wait wait wait. I didn't get what you said just now, but did I hear math?"

"Yes, rarely but yes. I analyze data so I can do cool stuff like before."

"Cool. So every virus has its pros and cons? How about Cybeast? Do you throw give it a nice treat to make it not try to eat you or throw a stick so it gets distracted?"

"Wha- NO!"

He stopped walking as he wanted to give an explanation."I only analyze the ones I fought, and that's the weak ones. I need time to read their movement which is definitely not on my side. EVEN after that, that info might not even be useful. If only I had an Support Program ..."

( Awaiting #2 Battle )
Ah the endless expanse of the net, so vast, so deep. One can travel forever without seeing anything, though usually it only takes ten feet or so. Thus was the case here, as Chrosa stopped to lean against a nearby wall and do is calculations, things all seemed peaceful and fine.

That was, of course, until he muttered desires for a Support Program, the wall seemed to shift and sway. Almost as if the structure were actually alive, and as the navi stepped back to turn and look, the wall itself faded quickly from existence. Leaving behind the ambush!

There, beyond the now vanished wall, sat two sturdy gun towers mounted with an extra line of defense, in the form of currently closed shields to protect the weaponry stood in waiting. And while they might not seem that threatening by themselves; it was the ground between the pair of cannons that could draw the eye.

The panels seemed to swirl and blur, before rising up, a pair of ghostly specters entered the field. Giggling as their sights fell upon their newest prey.

The Enemies
CannonGuard A: 60HP
CannonGuard B: 60HP
Spooky A: 30HP
Spooky B: 30HP

The Ally
Chrosa.EXE: 150HP

The Terrain
100% Normal

—Battle 2, Start!—