Alignment Mission: Peace and Peril

"Come on,come on!" After hearing a loud boom go out throughout the room, created when the spear crashed into the puddle's barrier, Ignis mistook the noise as the final blow to Voulge's demise. "NO TIME WASTE, NO TIME!!" Ascending up the stairs, the SP noticed the blob standing in the way, "OUT OF THE WAY!" He fired a sizable fireball at the blob, rather than moving slightly to the side to avoid it, Ignis was serious about seeing Voulge getting finished off.

Licht was even more frightened at the fact that it was now surrounded by explosives, huddling behind the shield in case it would go off in its face. However, it looked like they weren't going to explode...as of now, and the SP was quick to escape the hole by launching itself out of the trap door. "Oh! Licht! Good timing, we're gonna see something good!" said the eager SP as it moved up the attic along with its sibling.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc-"

Ignis was filled with disappointment, while Licht was happy as it could be when it found Voulge safe and sound. However, the moody atmosphere the spearman gave out put the SP at an uneasy state. Voulge returned to his normal mode after cutting off the soulcross and walked directly up to TrapMan as his eyes glared down at the anxious navi. "...I am not going to ask you anything vital now. That's the NetPolice's job. But I am going to ask you a question...What was the name of that navi who attacked us." Though his tone of voice was calm, one couldn't ignore the flare in his eyes.

"And Garde." said Voulge as his eyes still locked down on TrapMan. "Tell me everything you know about the mafia and your relationship with him... He faced Garde with a concerned look on his face, "Just the fact that he wanted you deleted at all cost, setting up a Jack-Out Barrier and leaving the moment it was broken...There must be a reason behind his dedication to kill you, isn't there?"

Ignis: Move up the stairs
Ignis: Attack [40/Homing] Blob Chunk
Ignis: Move up the attic
Licht: Airstep out of the hole.
Licht: Move up the attic
* Totem2 [140+[color=red]15[/color]+Spread 2 /or/ 70 Heal / Changes When Hit / 3 Turns / 100 HP] {A|S} @ Voulge
1. Talk to TrapMan
2. Talk to Garde

Cooldown:
Tough Ego: READY
Totem: 1 Turns
TrapMan nodded, then placed his hands on his hips. "The guy's name is EvolutionMan, he's a big wig in the Mafia's Techari family. He's not like the other Techari guys... like, you know how when you think of tech departments you imagine guys sitting in labs and poking at things? That's not this guy. It's like... everything he does is to kill other people. He's twisted... screwed up! I-I didn't even want to help him but he's got seniority on me, so..." he explained. Voulge got the distinct impression that TrapMan was trying to make himself sound like much more of an unwilling accomplice than he actually was. "The only reason I was here was to set up this trap. He lures navis in that he doesn't like, then tries to off em with these kinds of things. Usually goes in a group... he's not stupid."

Voulge's partner seemed to hope that TrapMan would go on talking longer, but eventually he stopped and all eyes were on her. Seeing that she wasn't speaking up, TrapMan folded his arms and sneered. "EvolutionMan picks navis to kill only because they're incompetent, stupid, weak... that must be the only reason why he picked her," he laughed.

Garde shut him up by thrusting the point of her foil just beneath his chin. "Don't forget your place, mon ami,"[font=French Script MT][/font] she snapped, then turned her eyes back towards the floor. TrapMan took the time to take a few steps back away from the sword while she pondered how to answer. "I didn't know who he was either, I swear. I don't have any history with ze Mafia! I just... he must have learned that I didn't get my job zrough such... credible means,"[font=French Script MT][/font] she muttered, pressing her fingers together.

"Oh ho, what? Who'd you sleep with?" TrapMan laughed, but was knocked on his bottom as Garde swung her sword at him, obviously offended. "Woah, gee, lighten up!"

The NP officer sighed sadly, folding her arms beneath her breasts. "I don't really want to talk about it... Can we not just go back to ze Kiosk?"[font=French Script MT][/font] she muttered. It was hard for Voulge to tell whether he should press the issue or disregard it. It was awfully suspicious that such an incompetent seeming officer could have been given such authority in the Netpolice.

--Attic Room--

TrapMan: 100 HP
NetMafia Puddle: JACKED OUT!

Voulge: 139 HP (95 strengthen) (2-hit shield)
Garde: 99 HP

100% Normal

--Upstairs Area--

((Center room is one movement away down stairs))
((Attic room is one movement away down hall))

Blob Chunk: 20 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

--Center Room--

((Elevator shaft is one movement away))
((Stage is one movement away))
((Upstairs area is one movement away but up stairs))

Ignis: 105 HP

(??? Trap Set!)
(??? Trap Set!)

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Missing

--Front Room--

Totem2: 100 HP

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Missing

--Basement--

Licht: 90 HP (4-hit shield)

TorpedoA: 10 HP
TorpedoB: 10 HP
TorpedoC: 10 HP

Terrain: 100% Aqua
Though it felt obvious that Garde was dodging the question, Voulge simply let out a stressed sigh and scratched the temple of his head. "I have no objections." The navi could finally rest as the danger was averted. Garde wasn't fatally harmed, the civilians weren't injured, and it looked as if he caught his first criminal under the name of NetPolice. The spearman grabbed TrapMan by his collar and lifted him up on his feet. "I can't guarantee what's going to happen to you. But the NetPolice will be sure to keep you safe from the Mafia." said Voulge with a sympathetic smile lit up on his face.

"What, it's over?...Turned out to be one hell-ova patrol mission." said Ignis, who was quick to recover from his depression. "Who knows. I'm curious to see if all this was enough for Voulge to get in the NetPolice in the first place. But seriously, to think that we were against one of the higher NetMafia's navi..." As the two began to talk things out, Voulge waved his hands towards his comrade. "Let's go, Garde."

While he was walking down the narrow hallway, he stopped and turned towards Garde one more time. "I won't ask you the reason why EvolutionMan targeted you, I'll respect your privacy...But if something like this happens again..." Voulge struck his fist against his chest, letting out a dull thud as the gauntlet crashed against the leather armor and the chain mail, "You can count on me." And with another smile lit up on his face, he proceeded to exit the building...
Garde looked surprised, but her expression quickly turned from shock to a receptively warm smile. "You mean it? Oh, Monsieur Voulge, I will remember it and confide in you!"[font=French Script MT][/font] she squealed seizing Voulge and hugging him with surprising energy. He couldn't feel much of her body due to his armor, but he did feel her wet hair slapping him in the face, which was a little less stimulating than the former would have been. "Oh, you're going to love it here in ze NP, mon ami! It's not always like this, you know. We do easy stuff a lot, so it's usually not so difficult."[font=French Script MT][/font]

The fugitive gave a loud cough, redirecting their attention. "Hey guys, remember me?" TrapMan grunted, keeping his hands behind his back. "The soon-to-be-dead guy that needs protection?!"

"Oh, poo-poo on you! Voulge and I were just starting to feel comfortable,"[font=French Script MT][/font] she giggled with a teasing paw at Voulge. "I'll take him on to the station, you go to ze Kiosk and wait for me. I won't be long,"[font=French Script MT][/font] she laughed, waving goodbye and putting some sort of restraints on TrapMan. Voulge imagined they didn't prevent his jackout though, based on her earlier statements. It was sort of surprising that she hadn't put them on already... Despite her being the superior, he could foresee having to babysit her a lot in the future. "I'll have a little present waiting for you when you get zere!"[font=French Script MT][/font] she finished, blowing a kiss and winking at Voulge before she headed away. Again, she hadn't reequipped her armor, so she was walking across the city in her swimsuit. It didn't seem to bother her though.

(+10 Garde FXP)
As Voulge, Ignis, and Licht finally got out of the trap-filled building, they all let out a simultaneous sigh when Garde walked out of sight. "Well...That was some mission. Hell, it at least beat the boring patrol mission we had to do." said Ignis as he fluttered around the street, enjoying the fresh air compared to the stale one from the building.

"I'm worried that we might have to meet with that girl again after we join the NetPolice." said Marius. "I'm not so keen about babysitting that navi again if something like this comes up again. What's going to be next? We're called to take care of some 'vandalism,' and next thing we know it, it might be another death threat!" Though the operator said this in a joking manner, everyone couldn't shake off the feeling that a situation like that was very much possible.

"...Let's go." Voulge didn't have much to say for all this. All he cared about was that the mission was a success(?) and he could finally return to becoming a police officer like he did so in the past. Balancing the spear on his shoulder, Voulge looked up into the sky and jacked out of the network with a flash of light...

-JACK OUT-