All-Or-Nothing Exhibition

Anyis landed on the Net for the second time since the tournament's start, fully intent to clean some clocks before her next match. However, something seemed to have happened since her battle with SoundMan... "Hey Mill," she said suddenly, "I feel a little different from before. Could you run a scan?"

"Uhh, sure..." answered Mill, wondering if she incurred some lasting damage in the arena match. Instead of that, though, he discovered an automatic update that had run its course in the recesses of his PET when he jacked in. "Looks like your systems were reformatted a bit, Anyis. Your wind control is gone, but it looks like your melee-class attacks have better support now."

"Really? Hmm..." A test, Anyis formed her gauntles and threw a few punches. Left hook! Right jab! Uppercut! "Yeah, that feels a lot better. My fists seem lighter than they did before. This should make things interesting!" With that, Anyis ran forward, looking for as much trouble as possible.

(Battle 1 and Only Start)
As the newly formatted navi was swinging her fists around, red blurs zipped above Anyis' head and started to circle around and around. While she was focused on the mysterious object, Gaia viruses dropped down and prepared their hammers! Get ready for some bouts!

GaiaA: 100 HP
GaiaB: 100 HP
GaiaC: 100 HP
?A: ? HP [? Group: Circling around]
?B: ? HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Anyis: 140 HP

-BATTLE ONE, START!-
Flashes of red zoomed past Anyis's head, and when she turned around to try and catch a view of them, a loud crashing noise behind her signified a trio of Gaias arriving. Their thick armor creaked and wailed around the joints as they lifted their hammers up in recognition of the battle that was unfolding. Them aside, no matter what Anyis did, she couldn't seem to manage to get a good look at the flying viruses zipping around her head. Frustrated, Anyis shouted, "God! How am I supposed to fight what I can't even catch?!"

"Fliers..." mumbled Mill before realizing, "Hold on Anyis, I've got a good chip for this." So, with the deftness of a hand that had done this hundreds of times before, Mill reached into his folder and out came the DollThunder. This thing had been very fickle in when it wanted to work before, but when against airborne enemies, there was really no better choice. Confident in his decision, Mill slotted the chip into his PET and sent it to Anyis.

When Mill mentioned a "good chip", Anyis expected a gun or fist of some sort... Not a creepy puppet. She stared at it for a moment after it fell into her palms, and the long face on the scarecrow doll stared back. "You're joking... right?" asked Anyis cautiously. This thing did not look like the solution to her problems.

"Just use it." assured Mill. "Trust me, it's better than it looks."

"If you say so..." sighed Anyis as she gripped the "weapon" tightly and pointed its face up into the air. Getting a pinpoint on these high-speed mystery viruses was pretty much impossible, Anyis knew, so she tried to box her aim into a certain area she thought the viruses would move. Once satisfied, she let the attack loose, sending a jagged bolt of lightning streaking through the air towards its targets. Anyis was almost stunned at the ferocity of this... doll's... power.

"So, are you satisfied now?" asked Mill with a crooked grin on his face.

"Yeah yeah, you were right..." surrendered Anyis. "Anyway, what am I supposed to do about those armored things? I don't think my attacks are going to get through very well."

"I guess just try to keep them under control until an opening shows up..." pondered Mill uncertainly, lamenting the fact that he hadn't figured out how to repair Magna yet. His old Navi would be able to rip through these Gaias like paper, but all Mill had to work with was Anyis, and losing wasn't an option.

"Under control? Well, as long as it's not attacking me, that should be good enough." grinned Anyis as she established her link with the River. A jumbled mess of ghost data found its way down into Anyis's body, but she wasn't the intended recepient for this. She lifted her hand and opened up her palm to face the nearest Gaia, and out came the ghost data. The chaotic lump of deleted viruses and Navis raced towards its target, trying to possess it and destroy its mental state.

With her attempted possession out of the way, Anyis didn't have much else to do. Channel Static was a one-trick pony, and none of her other techniques would really help against that armor. If only she had something to break through that defense... thought Mill in exasperation, having run out of ideas. He scrolled his PET's view around a bit to get a good look at one of the Gaias... and its hammer.

... Oh. There's an idea. "Sending you the RageClaw, Anyis. Try and steal one of those hammers." commanded Mill promptly.

"Hah, that sounds fun." laughed Anyis as a series of razor-sharp claws formed on the fingers of her gauntlet. With the necessary tools on-hand, she pounced. A quick dash and a leap landed her right on GaiaB, and grappling for control of its hammer. This thing was pretty much just brute strength, so Anyis knew a power fight like this wouldn't be easy, but she had the element of surprise. She really, really doubted that the Gaia expected to be stolen from. Going at this all day was definitely a bad idea, though, so after a certain period of fighting, Anyis backed off with or without her spoils, ready and waiting for what retaliation might come her way.

Actions:

1) DollThunder (80 Elec damage, Better against airborne enemies) @ ?A/?B
2) Channel Static (Confusion, 2TCD) @ GaiaA
3) Equip RageClaw, Try to Disarm GaiaB's hammer
4) Dodge
--Ectopatcher (Heal 15 HP)

Cooldowns:
Channel Static - 2 turns
The red blur kept on circling around and around Anyis, just waiting for something to happen. When Anyis raised her doll straight at them, the red viruses stopped at track and suddenly flew straight towards the navi. It happened to be the RedUFO virus, an infamous virus that steals a navi's chip until they're delted. However, the lightning fired from the doll was too fast for the UFO to catch and absorb, so they were immediately deleted.

The ghost datas slowly seeped into one of the Gaias, which made the virus almost deathly silent and calm. Anyis didn't even check up on the virus' situation and headed towards the next Gaia with her RageClaw. Grabbing tightly onto the Gaia's hammer, The navi and the virus tugged back and forth for the weapon and Anyis was nearly winning! However, the navi was too focused on retrieving the hammer, he didn't realize the next Gaia next to her and got a (nearly) bone-crushing blow to her leg. In an act of rage and possibly desperation, Anyis literally ripped the hammer away from the virus' hand and gained good distance away from the viruses.

GaiaA: 100 HP [Confused]
GaiaB: 100 HP [Unequipped: 1 Turn]
GaiaC: 100 HP [Armor Down]
RedUFOA: DELETED
RedUFOB: DELETED

Anyis: 115 HP [Equipped: RageClaw / GaiaHammer (40 Null + Break / 20 Null + Ground Attack + To-All-Clause (ShockWave))]
*crunch*

The raw surge of pain that raced through Anyis's body as third Gaia threw its hammer against her leg sent her reeling back in pain, and with so much force that she actually managed to rip away the second Gaia's hammer in the process. Her teeth were about ready to bite through each other with how hard she was gritting them, but Anyis still managed to get a few steps back and assess the damage. She deformed the gauntlet around her free hand, and gave her leg a soft touch... "Ow!" Anyis shouted as she jumped in recoil of the soreness, but the fact that she managed to land back on her feet rather than sprawl over across the ground probably meant that she wasn't too bad off. It was like she had stubbed her toe... except it was her whole leg instead.

"You okay? That looked pretty painful." asked Mill with a not-so-astute observation.

"Good call, genius..." sneered Anyis, but truthfully, she was already improving as her Ectopatcher began wrapping new data around her leg. Her mood would only further improve as she looked up to see the Gaia that attacked her... with its armor gone. "Oh, there's a great chance for some revenge... Mill, send me the strongest chip you have."

"Strongest chip...?" Mill thought for a moment to decide what exactly that was. His GutPunch was always reliable, the ElecReel was a great crowd-clearer... but in terms of raw, up-front power, he had to go with the MistConv. Even aside from its strength, a giant water fist probably suited someone like Anyis very well. Having made up his mind, Mill slotted in the chip and said, "Alright, here it is. Go crazy."

"Of course." replied Anyis with a bloodthirsty grin. As the chip uploaded, particles of water began materialized around her unarmed hand, continuously condensing over and over until her arm was surrounded in a thick and heavy mist. She figured it was melee-ranged like any other fist, but Anyis figured it couldn't hurt to give a test swing... Well, it wouldn't hurt her, at least. She thrusted her fist forward, the misty hand... kept going. The vapor kept stretching out farther and farther until the fist it was emulating found its target, exploding into a cloud of fog regardless of whether it hit or missed. "... Wow." was all Anyis could muster in response.

"Yeah, I said about the same thing when I first got it." nodded Mill. "So what are you going to do now? Need another chip?"

Anyis began twisting the GaiaHammer she had claimed around in her hand, getting a feel of its weight. After getting enough to judge, Anyis recreated her other gauntlet and answered, "Nah, I think I'll manage with this." Well, this and a little 'extra' help from above. Anyis linked up with the River, and began drawing down whatever data she'd need to help her wield this new hammer. Her searching methods were far from unrefined, and it only took a moment for her to find the ghost of... none other than a Gaia. Well, it makes sense for Gaia ghosts to be in the same place as the live specimens. As it possessed her body, she learned that it had actually been deleted by another Gaia in a personal fight, so it didn't have much issue with beating down its own kind. Satisfied with her acquisition, Anyis yielded the reigns of her body to a virus... which, she had to admit, she didn't do very often.

The Gaia-possessed "Anyis" stepped forward with hammer in hand... only to stumble and trip. Riiight... Gaias don't have legs. Anyis herself sighed in the back of her mind. Thankfully, the Gaia ghost was quick to grasp the concept of bipedal movement, and soon made a strong charge at the very virus whose hammer it was wielding. Just like how Gaias normally strike, "Anyis" lifted the hammer up over her head as she came up to her target, and made a crushing swing downward, attempting to shatter the virus in one attack.

This wasn't over, though, as one enemy still remained: the Gaia who was still trying to purge itself of the ghost that Anyis had forced into it earlier. Knowing what to make of this opportunity, the possessed Navi stomped over to the virus, and lifted the hammer once more. Here, though, something different happened, as the recent update to Anyis's subtype system kicked in, and imbued the hammer with even more raw striking force. And so, with all the power it still had to muster, the Gaia ghost let loose all of its energy in a single blow, swinging the hammer down on the confused Gaia. With all its power expended, the ghost dissolved itself within Anyis's body, completely removing its existance from the Net and returning the body's control to her. As she always did, Anyis gave a quiet thanks to the ghost before looking to see what its rampage had wrought.

Actions:

--Ectopatcher (Heal 15 HP)
1) MistConv (110 damage, Impact, Aqua) @ GaiaC
2) Channel Surf (100 Strengthen, 15 HP Sacrifice, 2TCD)
3) GaiaHammer (40 + 60 damage, Break) @ GaiaB
--Bash (Add Impact to:)
4) GaiaHammer (40 + 40 damage, Break, Impact) @ GaiaA

Cooldowns:
Channel Static - 1 turn
Channel Surf - 2 turns
In pure revenge, Anyis completely squashed the defenseless Gaia and quickly targeted the next. While the navi was possessed by the unholy ghost of another Gaia, the virus who's hammer was taken away helplessly watched her getting use to her feet while doing nothing on this glorious chance. Quickly, when Anyis finally got use to her feet, the unarmed Gaia took the hammer of the disoriented brother and swung his hammer back. Fortunately, Anyis was much quicker on feet and smashed the Gaia into destruction. Turning around and adding even more force into her swing, the hammer exploded into several shrapnels as it impacted against the Gaia. The battle was won, but there wasn't a single reward on sight. The handle of the hammer Anyis was holding suddenly glowed in a bright light and formed into a single square data.

GaiaA: DELETED
GaiaB: DELETED
GaiaC: DELETED
RedUFOA: DELETED
RedUFOB: DELETED

Anyis: 115 HP [GaiaHammer DESTROYED]

-BATTLE WON!-
100z + [BigHammer1] Battlechip

BigHammer1 -
Damage: 160 + Impact + Break
Accuracy: B
Description: Hammer attack smashes enemy in front, Breaking.
Duration: Once
Element: None
Anyis picked up the result of her battle, and the block unfolded in her hand to reveal data for a chip very similiar to the hammer she was just wielding. She gave it a thorough examination for a moment, and came to the conclusion, "... Damn, this is nice." As Anyis bobbed the data around in her hand, what was equivalent to some pocket change slipped out and fell to the floor with a rattle. If that hadn't happened, she honestly might not have even known it was there.

Thanks to his foresight, or rather, his disorganization, Mill still had a blank chip on hand despite not expecting to be busting between tournament rounds. He uploaded the data to its new resting place, and was really caught off guard by what he got. This thing even outstripped his MistConv in power. "This could really, really help the next time we run into some armored viruses like that again." noted Mill appreciatively.

"Yeah, I suppose. Anyway, jack me out of here. I've gotten the warmup I need, and I don't want to chance me getting beaten up just before the match." ordered Anyis promptly.

"Alright. It looks like the last match is almost over too." responded Mill, hitting the right command button and returning his Navi to her PET.

(Jack Out)