Voulge.EXE VS SummonerMan.EXE

Voulge couldn't help but to feel distressed about his current situation. He knew he had the advantage, yet, SummonerMan wasn't going to go down so easily. Last attack should have finished him off, but the undershirt NCP prevented such thing from happening and SummonerMan has been continuously restoring his wounds. To make it worse, his opponent can now summon another set of his goons and Voulge was helplessly stuck on his feet. His back was wide open and Voulge immediately smashed his Gunlance's Bayonet against the ground; causing shards of cements to explode everywhere and form into a tightly packed shield. The shield floated right by Voulge and positioned near the navi's back, just in case SummonerMan decides to attack at that direction.

If Marius' prediction was correct, SummonerMan would immediately start attacking with all he has against the Voulge, just like what he himself did before. The operator just had to place his faith onto the earthly shield to hold off the attack for just a little bit and allow Voulge for a quick counterattack. Marius slid out a single HeatShot into the PET and shouted towards his navi. "Voulge, forget about the webbings on your leg for now! Just attack!" From the look of it, Voulge already knew what he had to do and instantaneously prepared the Gunlance. Loading the gun in a blink of an eye and twisting his body as much as he could, he took the monstrous weapon with both hands and started to search for SummonerMan. "Understood!"

Without looking twice, Voulge fired his HeatShot at the slightest hint of SummonerMan's position. The Gunlance didn't fire the usual scatter shot of fireballs, but it was a single, spear like, stream of fire that was launched at his target. Suddenly, Voulge had thought, what if SummonerMan casted his sets of Summons to defend himself? But after another quick thought, he knew the HeatShot was strong enough to melt through even the toughest of SummonerMan's summons; Voulge knew that his attack wouldn't go to waste if it was to miss.

Now turning his focus onto himself, he needed to rid himself from the webbing to make sure he wasn't a sitting duck for a little longer. Rather than simply cutting and clearing with his lance, he thought up a better substitution. Voulge faced the western side of the platform, where the lavas were, and directly stabbed his Lancea into the ground. As usual, the grounds cracked and the upper area was filled with more of the dangerous magmas. Voulge had confidence that the heat from the lavas would be enough to burn the webbings, while limiting SummonerMan's mobility at the same time. Two birds with one stone.

Voulge pulled his legs out of the trap, breaking the hardened webbing into white dusts that burned into the lavas, and immediately charged towards SummonerMan. While he was running, Marius prepared two more chips and slotted it into the PET one by one. "Voulge, with these chips, you should be able to reach SummonerMan without too much trouble. Don't waste it carelessly, you need to put these precisely or else!".The navi didn't respond at all, but Marius knew that Voulge clearly heard what he said and nodded. Turning his attention towards Rose once more, Marius crossed his arms and tried to start another conversation, "So, Rose. What do you plan from achieving from this tournament? I'm just curious of how a young reporter like yourself would do if you were to become famous champion. Wouldn't it be awkward to interview yourself?". He tried to break into a small joke, but he was sure that Rose wasn't going to even break up a smirk. "I can say that I tried."

Voulge was now nearing his opponent and gripped onto his weapon tightly with his right. Without a doubt, SummonerMan would be hiding behind something: The hematite barrier, a shield, even his own summon. But he was sure he would reach his opponent, no matter what was in his way. Reaching into his ever versatile Brigandine, he took out a regular throwing knife and imbued it with the battlechip he received not so long ago. The color of the dagger's blade became sky blue and it was wrapped in visible winds that constantly swirled around. Voulge didn't waste a second to throw the dagger straight at SummonerMan, or anything that was in between his target and him. Strangely, when the dagger was nearing its target, it didn't stick, but rather exploded in a giant burst of gust that could've easily blown away anything.

"This is it!! BE GONE!"

While he was running, Voulge stabbed the Lancea into the ground and continued to head towards his opponent. Placing all his energy into his right arm, the gauntlet turned from brilliant silver into a bright orange that barely maintained its shape from its heat. Now only couple of feet away, Voulge leaped towards SummonerMan, with his fist firmly positioned right next to him, and launched a quick, fierce jab right towards the chest. The gauntlet was set on flame as it traveled that short distance and Voulge placed all his might into that single punch.

* Phalanx Aspis [1-hit Shield]
1. HeatShot [40+[color=red]10[/color] / Spread] @ SummonerMan
2. Vulcan Sarissa [Large-area Terrain Effect: Lava [1/3 - 2/3rd of the Area] / 1TCD] (Burn off Webbing)
3. Follow SummonerMan
4. Airshot1 [20 / Microburst] @ Anything in front of SummonerMan
5. FireHit1 [60+[color=red]20[/color] / Melee] @ SummonerMan
* Somes Flamma [15 Heal]
SummonerMan prepared himself for the final stretch. He sent Rose his chip demands, which she complied to immediately.

"Looks like you called your victory a bit early." Rose said with a smile. "We're not down quite yet!" she continued, with determination leaking into her voice.

SummonerMan activated the first card instantly, running towards his opponents exposed backside. A shield was on his arms, blocking his front from oncoming assaults, and holding a dangerous surprise for his opponent should he attempt anything successfully. Breeze due to speed found itself diverted around his shield, the sense of rush accentuated by the sound of the air.

SummonerMan continued in, approaching ever closer. Like an animal, he needed to be within snapping distance of his prey. Unlike most animals, his cunning and stealth didn't demand silence; they demanded a snide remark and the smug satisfaction of gloating. "Sorry, Torch, but it looks like our little brawl is coming to a close." SummonerMan said, very obviously without a tone of regret.

Upon reaching his opponent, he activated his second card. A flaming dagger appeared in his grip, and he drove it with a large deal of strength right at his opponents back, hoping to pierce deeply. A connecting blow was just what a victor needed, and SummonerMan had yet to receive one. What better way to turn the tide, to turn the momentum, then with a devastating attack? "I'm not going down without a fight;" the purple clad fighter said, as he pulled his arm back up and struck out again, trying to keep hold of and capitulate on his momentum, "And your not going to come out anything near a clean winner." The blow fell, and upon getting wherever it was getting, SummonerMan released it. The dagger had served its use, and one attack could only work for so long. He moved to a new strategy, and, he hoped, what would be a finishing blow.

He pulled out his last card and activated it, too. He took a short step backwards as a bomb launched from the card and at his nearby opponent. "You're ending this match dead or close to, regardless of the results. And either way, we're going out with a bang." The bomb would hit something: the terrain, his opponent, some sort of barrier. And when it did, it would spread its scathing flames all over. These kinds of flames that didn't just singe once like a normal explosion; they burned. Such an explosion would not only validate the cocky fighter's words, but they could very well win him the match. With the tense air on the field, SummonerMan couldn't afford anything less then acute, deft strikes, and that was what he had delivered.

Rose, meanwhile, ignored the tense ambience for but a moment and answered her foe quite simply as their navis tried their best to kill eachother. "Publicity." She said, pleasantly. "And besides, everyone wants to win. I'm a NetBattler, too." With a quick darting of the eyes she had attempted to make eye contact with her opponent, letting him know she cared and was polite. It was only fleeting, though, as she had very pressing matters to deal with on the field.

She awaited the results before returning her opponent's gesture, and granting them a "nice match." She was far from overtly suspicious, but she didn't want to jinx it all the same. "Besides," she thought, "It would look foolish on camera."

SummonerMan:
1. Guard1 Charge! [Approach Voulge from behind with Guard1 Equipped][Block one attack and reflect up to 60 damage]
2. FireKnife backstab Voulge[60 [color=red]fire[/color] damage]
3. FireKnife backstab Voulge[60 [color=red]fire[/color] damage]
4. FireBomb at back of Voulge [60 [color=red]fire[/color] damage + Burning]
Summonerman charged towards the ensnared Navi, guard shield in hand and ready to attack. Voulge reacted quickly by firing a heatshot from his Gunlance, but the attack bounced harmlessly off Summonerman's guard and some of the flames were deflected back at him. Voulge proceeded to burn the webbing from himself by changing the floor into lava, and tried to keep his distance from the constant assault of Summonerman's fireknife. The first attack was blocked by his earthen shield, but the second struck his chest. Voulge retaliated with an airburst knife that sent Summonerman flying into the adjacent wall. Voulge went in for the kill and delivered a fiery blow to Summonerman's chest. His undershirt managed to save him from deletion, but as he fell from the wall, all he had to land on was a blanket of lava. His emergency jack out program activated just before he hit the lava, and was beamed back into his PET.

ROUND OVER

Voulge.EXE: 125HP
Rewards: Round 2 Pass

Summonerman.EXE: EJO
Rewards: 1000z or Recov30
Standing on top of the boiling lava, Voulge simply looked at where SummonerMan once stood. He tugged his chain, which pulled the Lancea into his hand, and proceeded to stab the weapon to the ground once more. The blade of the spear literally swallowed the magmas and left nothing but the heavily charred field. Voulge lowered his head, closed his eyes, and gave a moment of silence. "...You were a worthy opponent."
-----
Marius gave out a breath of relief and let out a small smile. Looking towards Rose, he felt somewhat guilty for defeating a girl that was at least 3-4 years younger than himself. With that same smile, Marius tried to approach the operator with his right hand in front. "We had a good match. You almost had me worried when you caught Voulge in a surprise attack...". Marius tried to find a good way to end this conversation, but truthfully, he wasn't the best smooth talker out there.

Just ending his conversation abruptly, Marius checked his PET once more, "Will you look at the time. I still have some time before the 2nd round begins." He put his right hand in front again, trying to show friendly gesture, and nodded his head. "Let's meet again sometimes. I'm sure Voulge would be willing to do so. You remember my e-mail account right? Contact me through it if you want to see me."

Marius plugged Voulge out of the Colosseum and began to walk out...

======
PLUG OUT
======
Rose was rather depressed to have lost, but she didn't beat herself up over it. "I can't believe it's over..." She thought, as she looked up from the terminal, her eyes somewhat watery. "But I can't let it get to me, I have to keep composure. Think about the audience."

She walked over to Voulge and made an attempt at a smile. "Thanks, you too." She said, as he commented on her nice battling.

"Wait, already?" She said, as he hurried off. "Wouldn't you like to-" She began, but the man was already gone. "exchange e-mails or something. . ." She finished to herself, looking down now. "Though I guess I can just swipe them from the registration thread."

Looking back at the cameras, she realized something else. "And he left without saying goodbye. Or giving me a congratulatory handshake. " She continued, shaking her head. "That wasn't very polite."

Feeling somewhat dejected, now, and realizing that she'd look desperate or strange if she remained any longer, she hurried over to claim her prize. She grabbed the suspiciously non-object chip, as opposed to the zenny, thinking it would certianly be of good use. "At least until we have some nicer healing items. Those Recov50s we had in the battle were real life savers. And I do think they're worth more than 1000 zenny, anyway." Moving out of the room, she waved at the cameras once more, in case they were still filming, and made one last, trying smile, before disappearing out of the room.

SummonerMan remained silent throughout.

((OOC: I'm done, too))