In Search of . . . Something

Boeman materialized into the open floor of Electown. He pushed his visor up into his helmet and looked around, taking in the area. Nothing immediate caught his attention about the digitized world (except that it was the wrong one). He lowered his hand and adjusted his gloves nonchalantly.
"Are you in?" Fai's voice reached his ears from an unknown source.
"I'm in, but there is one problem."
"Um . .?"
"This is Electown, I thought you were sending me to Internet City for a mission request?"
"Oh . . . shoot, I think I hit the wrong URL. Hang on let me transfer you . . ."
"No no, nevermind," Boeman stopped his Operator quickly, "You might send me into the Undernet this time. Lets just stay here and see if we can find some viruses to start of with."
"That's probably for the best," Fai agreed. Her tone had gone down a notch. Boeman could hear the uncertainty creeping back in, "This is practically our first time doing this. I hope I don't screw up . . ."
"It's going to be fine kid," Boeman said with a reassuring smirk, "Revert back to 'Rebellious' mode would you?"
"Heh, okay okay. So what do we do now?"
"Well, if we're patient, do some looking around, I don't think I'll have to wait too long . . ." Boeman began walking, eyes peeled for Navis, a virus, or at least something interesting to do. Up above, he heard Fai take a sip from her smoothie. He smiled again and lowered his visor.

((Requesting Battle 1))
((Please provide links to your Navi and NetOp's profiles in your forum signature (making the name of your Netop and Navi hyperlinks to the profiles is good), and please list Boeman's element and subtype in your forum signature as well.

Boeman didn't have to look far for something interesting. An increasingly frequent number of Metal panels coated the surface of the network, and three helmeted Metools were picking their way around the shiny silver panels. One was staring at its own reflection before one alerted the others of the Navi's presence. The three went on high alert and raised their pickaxes in preparation for battle.

Viruses Identified!

MetoolA: 40HP [Normal]
MetoolB: 40HP [Metal]
MetoolC: 40HP [Normal]

Terrain: 80% Normal, 20% Metal (Metal panels scattered randomly)

Boeman.EXE: 100HP [Normal]

-(Battle #1! Ready, Fight!)-
((Fixed, and I apologize so much in advance for the newb mistakes that will surely follow.))
"Bingo," Boeman said spotting the metools ahead of him. He slid his right foot back, bracing himself and entering a fighting stance as the viruses raised their pickaxes.
"Oh boy . . ." Boeman could tell by Fai's tone she was all nerves now. So much for skipping PE.
"Stay calm, just send me a battlechip."
"Okay, okay, um . . ."
"Fai!"
"Here's your crossbow!" Boeman held out his hand as the chip was inserted and the data recieved. A small, handheld crossbow with metal holdings and an old fashion handle appeared in his palm. Boeman gripped it tightly and aimed at the closests metool (A). An arrow-shaped ammunition was already drawn back and in place. He fired, and prepared to dodge any attacks from the other two. On his crossbow a second arrow instantly appeared and drew itself back, glowing blue as if in anticipation.

---

Action 1: Aim
Action 2: Custom weapon: MetoolA (2 Dmg)
Action 3: (Prepare to) dodge
Loading up his crossbow, Boeman fired an small arrow to start off. The Metool saw the attack coming, and ducked under its helmet in a reflex action, which deflected the arrow. The other Metools whacked their pickaxes to the ground in response, sending twin shockwaves at Boeman. Fortunately, his reflexes were enough to dodge the waves, but how long would he keep it up?

MetoolA: 40HP [Normal]
MetoolB: 40HP [Metal] [Under Helmet]

Boeman's dodge sent him jumping and summersalting across the floor to the his right to avoid the shock waves that came at him. The crossbow was not something he would have personally chosen, but he was patient with Fai and spoke quickly.
"Not enough, send me a cannon."
"Right, here it comes."
The crossbow disappeared in a flash of blue, and the cannon replaced his lower arm as Boeman downloaded the data. Boeman remained on one knee, with his other leg propped so that he could hold up his arm carefully and aim at MetoolA again. That little bastard was going down. Boeman smirked at his own thought; adrinaline was running fast, and he was enjoying this.
He fired the canon and immediately braced his legs to jump upward should another shockwave come at him.

1: Aim
2: Canon: MetoolA: (40dmg+ knockback)
3. (Perpare to) dodge
Changing tactics and switching to a Cannon, Boeman steadied his aim and fired, deleting one of the viruses immediately off the bat. The other that wasn't under a helmet was not too happy about this, and hurled its pickaxe at Boeman, who continued to evade it with ease.

MetoolA: DELETED

Boeman watched the virus disappear in a shift of pixels with a satisfied smirk. Ready for the attack, he jumped straight up so that the pickaxe passed right below his feet. "You got him!" "Yes, thank you Miss Obvious," Boeman answered, not unkindly. He landed gracefully back onto the panels as his cannon disappeared. "Keep it up, I'll make you fight with the crossbow again," was Fai's comeback. "I'll be good," Boeman promised. "In that case, shot gun!" Boeman recieved the data and aimed the weapon on the Metool that threw its pickaxe at him. He fired. Seeing as the final one was still hidden under helmet, Boeman moved in closer, jogging in serpentine fashion for a closer range to finish them.

1. Aim
2. Shotgun: Metool C: (50 dmg + scatter)
3. Move in closer (zig-zag movement)
Another gun fired, another virus deleted. All in a day's work. The last Metool was still under its helmet, though. That thing was a wuss. Maybe Boeman could do something about it?

MetoolC: DELETED

When Boeman saw the shotgun fire hit home he broke off his dodging jog, and sprinted for the last Metool.
"Rageclaw if you please!"
The words were barely out of his mouth when the data hit him and he took up his fourth and final weapon just in time to reach the hidden metool. He swung it hard and true onto the helmet for a finishing blow.

1. Run forward
2. Metool B: Rageclaw: (40 dmg + slash)
Rushing in for the final blow, Boeman ran up to the Metool, thrust out his RageClaw towards the helmet and... got nothing? Indeed, the Metool's helmet seemed to deflect off the claw's advances, no matter what the Navi did. It seemed like it was made out of some kind of impenetrable material or something. Maybe something like impervium or something. But that's ridiculous, who would believe that?

Boeman.EXE: 100HP [Normal] (RageClaw 5/6)
"Whoa," Boeman's arms vibrated in resonance with the rageclaw as it hit the helmet and practically bounced back off. He quickly stepped back, as if expecting the Metool to have some other suprise trick up its sleeve.
"That's not right," Fai commented.
"Indeed," Boeman agreed with a frown. He studied the helmet for a moment, the material that made up this helmet confused him, but he would concern himself with that later. "No matter," he added. The Rageclaw disappeared, and Boeman slid his foot back, entering the familiar fighting stance once again. He pulled his hand back behind him, under his visor his eyes narrowed in concentration. Around the Navi the air began to stir, Boeman clentched the fingers of his withdrawn hand as he summoned forth his element.
"Gust," Boeman murmured as he thrust his hand forward, pulling the air with it, and creating a strong gust of wind aimed right for the metool, with the purpose of knocking that helmet right off its head.

1. Aim
2. Metool B: Gust: (knockback)
Aiming directly for the Metool's helmet, Boeman directed a strong gust of wind towards it. Unfortunately, the helmet was stuck tight to whatever was wearing it. Fortunately, whatever was wearing it wasn't stuck to the ground, and was sent flying, landing on its head. Now, the exposed underbelly of the Metool flailed around, just begging to be sliced up.

MetoolB: 40HP [Metal] [Flipped Over]

Boeman.EXE: 100HP [Normal] (RageClaw 5/6)
"Got you," Boeman whispered. He watched with satisfaction as the helmet did a little flip and landed the Metool on its head, leaving it disabled adn defenceless. Boeman held out his hand and The Rageclaw reappeared. He ran toward the fallen Metool and swung the weapon as he closed in, intent on finally cutting this troublesome virus in half.

1. Run forward
2. Metool B: Rageclaw: (40dmg + slash)
Squicky sounds were heard as the Metool was rent in half. The inside of the helmet disintegrated into junk data, leaving only the hardhat behind.

MetoolB: DELETED

Boeman.EXE: 100HP [Normal] (RageClaw 4/6)

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[Guard1] Battlechip
150z
"You did it!" Fai squealed, "That was so cool."
"Hm," Boeman chuckled at Fai's enthusiasm. He approached the empty helmet and picked it up. "Looks like we got something out of it as well," He said. He waited for Fai to download the data.
"Oh, nice, guard one battlechip," she said after a moment, "and zenny. That was awesome Boe."
"Indeed. What next operator?"
"Um . . ."
Decision making wasn't her strong point. Boeman was patient however, "we can stay and find some more viruses, or we can jack out and figure out a way to explain to your PE teacher why you weren't in class."
"Let's . . . take on one more virus," Fai said sheepishly.
"As you wish," Boeman shook his head fondly, and began walking across the panels toward a new area.

((Requesting Battle2))
Unfortunately, Boeman was not greeted by one more virus, but many! Hopping terror surrounded the navi before he could react as bunnies emerged from behind some inconspicuous rockcubes and began bounding around energetically. While their round, pink bodies didn't look immediately threatening, Boeman suspected they had a nasty attack in store for him.

((Bunnies surrounding Boeman))
BunnyA: 50 HP
BunnyB: 50 HP
BunnyC: 50 HP
BunnyD: 50 HP (behind Rockcube A)

((Rockcubes scattered around))
RockcubeA: 200 HP
RockcubeB: 200 HP
RockcubeC: 200 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

--Battle 2 START!--
Boeman's approach to the rockcubes came to an immediate hault when a group of bunnies suddenly appeared. The navi froze and slid his right foot back, bracing himself for attack.
"Oh boy, um . . . um . ." Fai stumbled over her words.
"Stay calm," he told his operator, "you're doing fine. Go ahead and send me the rageclaw."
"Right."
Information uploaded, Boeman raised the blade, and charged the closest bunny, swiping at it's midsection. He went down low for this, bending his knees in a leg brace that would spring him away should he need to dodge. His eyes darted to each bunny, ready to dodge which ever decided to attack first.

1. Charge
2. BunnyA: Rageclaw: (40 dmg + slash)
3. (perpare to) dodge
Charging at one of the Bunnies, Boeman put up a blade against the bouncing menaces(?), nearly rending one in half as a result. The rodents were kind of... unreceptive to this kind of treatment, and all but the one behind the cube launched their attacks collectively at the Navi. His agility ensured that some of the attacks did not hit, though one did, causing surges of energy to travel through his body and temporarily disabling it. (10)

BunnyA: 10 HP

RockcubeC: 200 HP

Boeman.EXE: 90HP [Normal] [Stun! -1 Action] [RageClaw 5/6]

Boeman saw the bunnies wage their attack, and sprung into the air to dodge them. One hit, however, landed. Boeman cried out when he felt the energy surge strike the small of his back like a heavy fist punch.
"Gah!" The Navi struck the ground with his feet and tumbled over onto his stomach. In the corner of his eye he saw one of the rockcubes and wasted no time. Quickly he rolled across the ground until he was behind said cube, temporarily hidden from the bunnies.
"Boe! Are you okay?!"
Boeman grunted, hugging his ribs. He breathed heavily, leaning his shoulder against the rockcube, waiting for the pain to fade. It was sharp in his back, and made his body tremble. "I'm alright," he said eventually.
"Should we retreat?"
"Heh, I'm not out yet," Boeman said confidently, "Better stay here for a bit though. Send me the canon."
Fai did as she was told, and the canon took the place of the rageclaw in Boeman's hand. He lifted himself up to look over the rockcube and placed the canon on top of it to steady his arm. Locking the barrel on the bunny again, he fired.
1. Hide behind Rockcube C
2. BunnyA: canon: (40 dmg + knockback)
Seeing that the situation was not to his advantage, Boeman did the smart thing and took cover. The Bunnies kept launching their rings of electricity while Boeman rested, the cube he was behind absorbing the blows. He took out one by firing a Cannon, but that was basically it. His cover wouldn't last for very long if he stayed there.

BunnyA: DELETED

RockcubeC: 170 HP

Boeman.EXE: 90HP [Normal] [RageClaw 5/6]