Test Run!

SummonerMan touched down on the Net, springing forth from a card much like the many others he used. He stood up, glanced around, and weighed the situation.

"Well, everything seems ok so far." he thought, as he began walking onto the net. "I guess the real test will come when I try out whatever attacks she changed. Assuming I find a battle."

So, as he walked forward, his only choice was to wait for some test subjects to appear. Or, more accurately, some tools to appear. In this situation, after all, it was SummonerMan who had been altered. So he'd more accurately be considered the test subject.

The purple cloaked Navi shook his head as he thought about this concept. He trusted Rose, but even so being a test subject was a bit worrying.

He sighed and continued on.

[Battle 1, Ready . . .]
SummonerMan wandered deeper into Electown Net, coming across a field of shiny black panels. Artificial sunlight beamed down onto the panels; the reflected light bright in the Navi's eyes. The panels seemed to be absorbing energy from the sunlight and emitted a constant low hum. A quartet of viruses was moving along the panels, a floating creature guarded by three sword-wielding viruses. The Swordies were aligned in a triangle pattern in order to protect the floating virus in between.

Megalian-E: 130
Swordy-EA: 80
Swordy-EB: 80
Swordy-EC: 80

Summ: 160

Terrain: 100% Solar

Battle 1: Start!
SummonerMan grinned when he encountered this first group of foes. A group of crackling yellow Swordies surrounding a large head. As much as he wanted to test out his signature attacks, he decided to exhaust his other options first.

"Good work, Summ. You've found some enemies." Rose chimed in. As if he hadn't noticed. "I don't know what this paneling is, but it doesn't seem to be messing anything up."

SummonerMan had also thought that over, but like Rose, hadn't seen anything come of it. "Let's go with some chips." He suggested. Based off his mood, though, it was more likely an order.

Rose was perfectly willing to comply. "I suppose we should try out everything, even the stuff I di-shouldn't have changed at all." she said, correcting a word based off the slight uncertainty in the matter. That hadn't helped SummonerMan's confidence at all.

Knowing that this battle was to be finished as quickly as possible, Rose slotted in the chip she figured was best. SummonerMan had expected this chip, and knew Rose was at least somewhat capable, so it wasn't a surprise.

He tossed the card onto the ground in front of him, and then took off. As he began dashing to his right, light sprung forth from the card, taking the form of a spinning log. As he continued running, in a circular fashion, the log hit the floor and took off. As it headed, the Navi hoped, at the three obviously Electric Sword wielding viruses, SummonerMan mad his way around behind his targets.

Once he was there, he waited for the log to get to him once more. Then, once it was within range, he took a swift swing back and swiftly heeled the log, sending it spinning back from whence it came.

Hoping to have smashed the viruses on at least one of the trips to or fro, SummonerMan felt fairly confident that their ranks would be slimmed. As a result, he wasn't too worried about counterstrikes. All the same, he gazed warily in the direction of his enemies, prepared to drop to the ground if necessary to avoid an oncoming assault.

Rose was just happy that he seemed fully functional still. There were only four more systems SummonerMan had available to him that she could have ruined. Since she was hoping not to activate the undershirt, she only expected to test three of them. She decided to remind him to test them all out.

Battle Summary:
SummonerMan's Actions:
1. Ringlog1 @ Swordy-EA, Swordy-EB (50 wood damage, ground, wide (Element +100%)(Panel +100%))
2. Tactical Movement around group
3. Activate DoubleAttack on Ringlog1
-- @ Swordy-EB, Swordy-EC (50 wood damage, ground, wide (Element +100%)(Panel +100%))
4. Dodge incoming shots if required by hitting the dirt
[Bump]
SummonerMan's assault on the tight-knit group of electric viruses began with a logical move: a giant log. The card he threw formed into a rolling log that careened noisily towards the viruses and left them prepared to dodge it. It might have worked, had the log not bounced at the last second and crushed one of the dodging Swordy viruses. As it was crushed, SummonerMan made his way around the viruses and kicked the log back at them. Another Swordy was crushed while the remaining one had jumped away out of paranoia, leaving the final Swordy and Megalian somewhat separated.

Swordy-EA: 80
Swordy-EB: DELETED
Swordy-EC: DELETED

SummonerMan.EXE: 160
"Alright Summ, now try out some of your other systems." the girl suggested, having watched his plan work fairly well. It of course hadn't completely eliminated threats, but she figured he could handle it.

SummonerMan was slightly less than happy about his progress, but he wasn't unhappy. They were fairly average results. "Yes, Ma'am," the Navi replied as he got right to that. He too was vaguely curious as to whether or not Rose had ruined anything.

The first thing he did was pull out three more cards. Then he set to using them. The first one he tossed wasn't intended to do much. It was a test, but it was a test of a very weak system. With a quick flick of the wrist he sent a very normal card flying at high speeds towards the sword wielding enemy he had missed earlier.

Rose smiled as the buster system checked out. She had never considered herself bad at following instructions. She may have been no programmer, but she was a bright girl all the same.

SummonerMan, in a single fluid motion, then ducked, spun around in a full circle, moving backwards, and then made a small hop backwards, laid a card where he had been, and stood back up. By the time he was once again standing tall his wall was, too. It had been redesigned, which he noted as interesting, but still, it worked.

"It's like it's made of cards. Unlike the plain old gray ones. I guess that makes them more unique, but it doesn't seem to do much for the function." he thought with a shrug as he continued on with his testing.

While Rose continued smiling in approval, very happy that this system, the one she had actually altered, worked, SummonerMan tested the last system he hoped to test for the day. Tossing the last card to the ground, he watched as a larger version of what appeared to be basically the same card appear above it. The newer, larger card floated maybe half a foot off the ground, and didn't do much else. "Luckily that's not a change. It's no less useful than it was before." SummonerMan mused with a grin.

"Everything's checking out, Summ," Rose confirmed. " I guess you should resume fighting like normal."

That, finally, sounded somewhat more interesting. SummonerMan shot a hand into his cloak to reach for another card, prepared to continue.

Battle Summary:
SummonerMan's Actions:
1. BusterShot at Swordy-EA (2 dmg)
2. Dodge back
3. Summon: Wall [40 HP Object in front of SummonerMan]
- - - +30 HP [MasterWork]
4. Call SP (Card)

Card's Actions:
1. Float pointlessly [Autododge, I guess.]
[Bump]
((I realize it's an hour early but I'm leaving for the weekend and it's unlikely that I'll have internet access, so I figured I should bump before I leave))
SummonerMan continued to "test" his systems, tossing a card at the last Swordy that landed a direct hit but only served to annoy the virus. It charged at him just as he dodged backwards and missed with a slash. SummonerMan then created a wall where the virus had just been, causing it to be flung back a bit. The Megalian still did nothing, remaining curious and cautious of the Navi's actions.

Card appeared floating in the air near SummonerMan, like one would expect a floating card to do.

Swordy-EA: 78

Wall: 70HP
And, well prepared, continued he did. Taking a step out in front of his wall the Navi pulled two more cards out from under his cloak. Both represented new signature attacks, which meant that both were still liable for testing.

Both were also attacks he hadn't had before. Tossing each with a quick flick of the wrist he would soon see just what they had in store for his new target.

Rose watched, expectantly, as the cards were sent soaring in the direction of the Megalian. She knew exactly what to expect from them, and smiled as each activated according to plan. The first summoned a spire, spike, or stalagmite from the ground. It was, like many other attacks SummonerMan now used, made of cards, and shot forth from the ground with damaging, piercing intent. The second card did not take advantage of this new card craze. It appeared to take random form, in order to save memory. The form it took this time was a sword of impressive size, dulled and broken, but hopefully still deadly. The blade, which was likely discarded in some long past battle, floated in the air for only a moment before being fired at the ground beneath it.

Seeing this, Rose smiled, and SummonerMan was reminded that he had another enemy to deal with. He called upon his operator for a chip, and she complied, on the same wavelength and entirely willing to indulge him.

As the card appeared in his hand, SummonerMan took a calculated step back. Standing in a readied stance, he activated the card. The sword which appeared floating in front of it was just was SummonerMan had been hoping for, and would hopefully be enough to take care of his more offensive opponent. Moving the sword into a position as readied as his stance, he awaited an attack from the Swordy-E, prepared to sidestep it and kill his opponent with a calculated and swift thrust through the heart.

This, of course, took two things for granted. First, it assumed that the Swordy-E would attack. Second, it assumed that viruses had hearts. The latter couldn't interest SummonerMan less, but he certainly hoped the former would come true.

The card continued sitting behind the wall, doing nothing.

Battle Summary:
Summ's Actions:
1. Summon: Spire @ Megalian-E [10 HP Object, 30 damage on Summon]
2. Summon: Junk Drop @ Megalian-E [40 HP Object, Microburst self on Summon]
- - - [+30 HP MasterWork]
3. Sidestep Swordy-EA's attack [Dodge]
4. Counter-thrust at Swordy-EA [80 damage + slashing]

Card's Actions
1. Nothing [Autododge]
As the first card sailed under the Megalian, it tilted downward in an attempt to see what the point had been. It soon found out what the "point" of the card had been, getting a swift and painful spire to the face. Piling on even more, the virus looked up only to see SummonerMan's new projectile go sailing into it and knock it out of the air for a few seconds. The projectile shattered on impact and left fragments of itself everywhere.

The Swordy attacked as expected. SummonerMan dodged as expected. A sword pierced the virus as expected. No more virus, as expected.

Card continued floating in the air near SummonerMan, like one would expect a floating card to do.

Megalian-E: 40
Swordy-EA: DELETED

Spire: 40HP
SummonerMan was happy with his recent success.

From the tone of her voice, Rose must have been, too. "Good work Summ. It looks like everything's going well," she commented.

SummonerMan smiled and held his sword up over his other shoulder. "Well, Ma'am, I guess you didn't do too bad a job." he said quietly, as he started dashing. He was running, cloak now in cape position and trailing behind him. He was headed not towards the Megalian, but somewhere slightly to the side of it.

Rose watched with interest, not quite sure about what he planned to do. She figured it out pretty quickly, though, once he got closer. SummonerMan reached the Spire he had fired before and used it to aid him. Hitting the side away from the Megalian, he placed one hand on the Spire and used that hand to swing him around at the thing.

Once he had swung around the pole he made a heavy swipe across his body, hoping to use his momentum to slice right through the thing. Then, coming to a halt right behind it, he decided to take another, heavy swipe, this one a vertical slash coming down at it, to try and be safe.

SummonerMan saw no harm in being a bit cautious and safe when it came to situations like these. Especially where there were no other targets on the field, he was in convenient position, and he could still do it dramatically. "After all, he though, as he dismissed his sword, "fights these days really aren't worth it if you don't include the showmanship."

He grinned a bit, staring through the air ahead of him where the Megalian had been this whole time, not registering whether or not it was there.

The card, still, floated uselessly behind the wall.

Battle Summary:
Summ's Actions:
1. Dash towards Spire next to Megalian-E [Tactical Movement]
2. Swing around Spire [Dodge]
3. Sword @ Megalian-E [80 dmg + Slashing]
4. Sword @ Megalian-E [80 dmg + slashing]

Card's Actions:
1. Nothing [Autodoge]
Head met Sword. At first, they came really close, and Sword looked to have a new shine. Head didn't look very pleased, though, when things didn't go very well between them, as Sword was really quite demanding. She made Head go to pieces over his large girth. After that, Head was never seen again, leaving a few wads of money, presumably to pacify Sword and hope that she never comes after him ever again.

What a sad tale.

Megalian-E: DELETED
Swordy-EA: DELETED

Spire: 40HP

-BATTLE ONE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: 500z, 19 BugFrags
SummonerMan grinned as he sent up the rewards.

"Nice work, Summ." Rose commented, looking over the rewards quickly before returning to her other occupation at the moment. "Looks like things are working pretty well."

SummonerMan thought it was odd to cut off training so abruptly, which he assumed was where she was going. He listened anyway.

"Well, I've just spoken to a friend and I think we may have more fun if we do the rest of this testing with them. What do you say?" she asked. It wasn't much of a question as she was doing it either way.

SummonerMan knew this. But he honestly didn't care either way. "Whatever." he said with a shrug.

And with that Rose exclained a quick "Oh, Summ, I'm so glad you agree!" as she logged him off the Net. The objects, the Card, and SummonerMan himself all dissolved into white light before disappearing from the net entirely.