Proving grounds

((What a wicked thing to say, I've never bumped that way....))
Swish, swish, swish, swish.

As Mekka moved onwards into Electown, she found herself heading into what seemed to be a very old section of the network. Run down, cracked panels, fair amount of dust being gathered.

It's kind of peaceful, really. Though the dust is really getting into annoying eye-irritation, sinus-raping territory. Wasn't a problem for Mekka the android, though. Robots don't have those kind of humanoid flaws, or do they?

There wasn't anyone around, though. Seemed like a ghost area, even for viruses. Hey, wait a second. There is someone here. A small silhouette in the distance slowly comes forward to meet Mekka, slowly getting larger and larger. After a while, it was revealed to be a broom-like program, with two small slits on the top of its handle, presumably for eyes. It moved from side to side, sweeping up the dust, keeping the place clean.

BroomNavi: 150HP

Terrain: 100% Dusty (Normal panels, coated in dust)

Mekka.EXE: 100HP

-BATTLE FIVE HAS NOT STARTED-
Mekka continued wandering along in the net, looking about for any viruses hanging out, then starting to slow as everything starts to get eerily quiet. The little navi then noticed quite a bit of dust in the air, and looked down to see her foot prints in it as well as a damaged panel here and there.

"Where in the heck am I?" she asked as she scratched the back of her head, the dust didn't really bother her, but it certainly was strange.

"Maybe you ought to head back for now, this place looks pretty desolate" said Leila as she watched the navi wander around a sort of digital wasteland.

"Yea maybe you're right...there's nothing out here.....wait, what's that?" the little robot peered into the distance, seeing something approaching. She started towards it as Leila looked on, hoping Mekka wouldn't find herself in big trouble by searching this place. The navi then tilted her head a little at the odd broom navi coming towards her, then waved and smiled,

"Hey over here! What are you doing way out here anyway?"

The broom Navi stopped its work and started to look at Mekka with a blank look. Its two eyes blinked slowly, without emotion. Then, it emitted a green beam that placed a wireframe projection on the android's body, scanning the Navi with the same look. Afterwards, it announced its result in a robotic male voice.

FOREIGN CONTAMINANT.

The relatively stick-thin Navi then somehow pulled a cannon out of nowhere. Inspection would reveal it to contain water. Highly-pressurised, dangerously unstable, water.

BroomNavi: 150HP

Terrain: 100% Dusty (Normal panels, coated in dust)

Mekka.EXE: 100HP

-BATTLE FIVE, FIGHT!!-
Mekka returned an equally blank stare for a little while, simply scratching the back of her head while the broom program scanned her. She then gave a confused look at the broom's announcement,

"Contaminant? I'm the cleanest thing out he- wait, what the heck are you doing?!" Seeing the cannon Leila quickly slotted in the guard chip for Mekka, the small navi holding the shield out in front of her while she tried to talk to the broom.

"Hold on a minute here, we're not trying to mess the place up or anything...er...anymore than it is...we can maybe help ya clean or something." She kept on the move though, doing her best to avoid any shots that might be fired in her direction while she waited for the brooms response. There was a good chance that this was simply a damaged or hugely obsolete program that needed to be wiped out, but Mekka wanted to be sure before returning fire.

Actions:
1. Equip Guard1 chip
2. Dodge
3. Dodge
FWOOOOSH.

The water cannon was activated just as Mekka brought up her shield. Her quick actions enabled the android to sidestep the sudden blast and avoid any damage at the moment. Trying to reason with the broom program, she seemed to make no progress at all as it aimed a Cannon at her, which she still managed to avoid, thankfully.

...The floor seemed to be a bit cleaner. It was a bit wet, though. Immediately, the broom's coarse brushes changed to wet mop mode, and it proceeded to mop the floor.

BroomNavi: 150HP (Wet)

Terrain: 90% Dusty (Normal + Dust), 10% Wet (Normal + Water)

Mekka.EXE: 100HP (Dusty) (Guard1)
Mekka stayed on the run, ducking and weaving once her shield was taken out, talking her way out of this definitely wasn't going to work.

"I think I'm gonna need a little firepower Leila," Mekka said, kicking up dust as she ran along, avoiding the wet areas for now.

"Alright here they come, watch out for those wet panels, they might be a little slick" advised Leila as she slotted in a shotgun chip. Mekka nodded and kept her distance for now, keeping an eye on that cannon the broom had while she lined up her shot. With a quick pause in her movements Mekka brought the elongated barrel on her arm to bare on the broom, and with a loud crack from the muzzle opened fire. She didn't wait long before continuing to circle the malfunctioning program while Leila slotted in the next chip.

"Hey Mekka see if this does anything special on all those wet tiles it's sitting on" Leila suggested as her navi reached back, feeling the metallic ball drop out of the bottom of her backpack. The small navi rolled the bomb in her hand and nodded as she started to move in

"I guess it's worth a shot, bombs away!" She attempted to get in as close as she could without standing on the area covered in water, darting this way and that to try and stay out of the broom/mop's line of fire. Once she was in the clear she let the charged bomb fly, and quickly retreated, really having no idea what sort of affect it would have on the water soaked floor or mop program. If it blew up the way she thought it might, she didn't want to be anywhere near it.

Actions:
1. Use Shotgun chip on BroomNavi (50dmg)
2. Dodge
3. Use Magbomb1 on BroomNavi (30dmg/stun/blast2/electric)
((I'm breathing to the dead, with a billy club in my hand, Jack the Ripper said, BUMP?))
Mekka quickly requested more firepower from her operator and blasted the broom with a shotgun shell fired hastily. The round barely managed to catch the broom's handle. By the time Mekka had flung the bomb at the broom, it was already on the move. Materializing two... push brooms, it threw both cleaning implements at Mekka. The brooms stopped short of her body and began to dust her off, as well as a few good whacks here and there. She did manage to avoid all but one of the surprisingly painful whacks, while one other hit her Guard. (20)

BroomNavi: 100HP (Normal)

Terrain: 85% Dusty (Normal + Dust), 10% Wet (Normal + Water), 5% Normal

Mekka.EXE: 80HP (Dusty) (Guard1 Broken)
Mekka blinked in confusion as the broom started to dust her off, then swatted them away as best she could once she was caught with a firm whack from one of the broom handles.

"GAH! Oh it's on now! I'll carve ya into toothpicks!" the feisty navi growled as she charged forward. Leila quickly slotted in the next chip as she watched closely,

"Careful Mekka, we don't know what other tricks it might be hiding, don't let your guard down."

"Don't worry, I've got my eye on him" Mekka replied as her hooked claws sparked on the ground, dropping her shoulder as she prepared to unleash her attack. Leila looked on with concern as her navi rushed forward towards the strange program, doing the only thing she could think of to help and slotting in a second chip. As the small navi got in close she could feel her right arm shifting as the wide bore cannon barrel formed, her eyes narrowing as she charged the weapon, she'd show this two bit program what's what. Once she was within a few paces of the broom she broke left, bringing her sword arm down low before planting her left foot hard and shifting back to the right. She brought her claws up in a heavy left uppercut, trying to get the broom airborne hopping her claws caught the substantial tangle of mop at the bottom of the strange program to impart more force to her target. Her right arm came up next, bringing her cannon to bare on the broom program, if her manoeuvre was successful she'd be firing point blank at an aerial target unable to dodge. She was taking a fairly big gamble, but all she wanted now was victory, she wouldn't fold in her first tough fight, especially not against some silly broom.

Actions:
1. Dodge
2. Use Rageclaw1 chip on BroomNavi (40dmg/slashing)
3. Use Cannon chip on BroomNavi (40dmg/knockback)
((Oh no no no, I'm a rocket man, Rocket man burning up his bump out here alone.))
Mekka quickly slashed through the broom Navi's handle, creating a rather unsightly mess on the floor. In a strange spectacle, however, the broom began to pick itself up and reassemble itself, as if it were some sort of playing material. It picked up a long broom and a scoop, and announced with its robotic voice once again.

CONTAMINATION RESISTANCE. INITIATING COMPLETE WIPE PROCEDURE.

Unfazed by the subsequent Cannon shot, the broom's green eyes began to flash as it began to whirl around, broom and scoop still in hand. Its maneuver kicked up a storm of dust, blinding Mekka's sight in its wake. Then, the android Navi was pulled into the centre of the dust storm, which was sucking up all the dust, until she was within a few feet of the broom. The storm subsided eventually, leaving everything completely spotless. Mekka was still unable to see, though. She was covered in dust, if that was anything, as well.

BroomNavi: 20HP (Dusty)

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Dusty

Mekka.EXE: 50HP (Normal) (Guard1 Broken) (Blinded!) (Covered in dust)
Mekka did her best to guard herself against the dust storm, her metallic boots grinding against the ground as she struggled to remain stationary.

"Mekka you need to get out of there before you get hurt!" Leila called to her navi, but Mekka was having none of it, she stood her ground even as her visor became caked with dust.

"I'll be fine, I've almost got it!" the small navi shouted back through the storm, her vision blurring but she kept her guard up, waiting for the dust to settle before wiping her visor clean, trying to get a good look at her surroundings. An arm extended from her backpack, a beam weapon like attachment at the end of it, it quickly pointed directly down at the android and let loose a healing beam of green energy. Taking the more direct approach with her regenerator to save time Mekka glared fiercely at the broom, drawing her claws back as she found herself within a few feet of the program. She wasted no time, lunging forward as three arcs of brilliant azure ripped through the air, taking a horizontal swing to have a better chance of hitting the broom's stick figure body. The small navi was on full attack, she had to bring the broom program down quickly before it could pull any more tricks, Leila watched the battle closely, ready to pull her navi out of the fight if things went badly.

Actions:
1. Clean dust from visor
2. Use Regenerator (heal 40hp)
3. Use Rageclaw1 chip (40dmg/slashing)
((But losing everything is like the bump going down on me))
Wiping her visor off, Mekka proceeded to patch herself up a bit, then barely managed to catch the broom off-guard, slicing it in twain, and this time it stayed that way. It did manage to get off another attack in, though, as it threw a long broom towards the android, which hit her square on the shoulder. It didn't hurt her physical being much (10) but her ego... well, we'll see.

BroomNavi: DELETED

Terrain: 90% Normal, 10% Dusty

Mekka.EXE: 80HP (Normal)

-BATTLE FIVE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: 1000z
Mekka followed through with her swing, but stumbled as she was hit with a last second attack, grumbling as she rubbed her shoulder.

"Well that wasn't so hard" the small navi said as she stretched out, relaxing again once the dust had settled, as it were.

"I think we're probably good for now as far as virus busting goes, you shouldn't get yourself too dinged up right away" Leila said as she too relaxed in her chair.

"Yea I guess...." Mekka replied, slouching slightly as she rubbed the back of her head, hoping that Leila didn't suddenly think her too delicate for net battles. Leila smiled softly as Mekka jacked out

"Aww don't look so down, I think you did great, but it's probably best that we not try to take on the world right away." Mekka blinked then looked back with a bit of a sheepish smile,

"I suppose you're right....and um....thanks."

"Don't mention it, now lets get you recharged, I've got a lot of functions to figure out for this PET, I've never had one before." Mekka nodded as she perked up a bit and snapped to attention,

"No worries! I'll help you with whatever you need!" Leila nodded and snickered softly,

"I'm sure you will, but that will have to wait for tomorrow." Leila then disconnected her PET and set about tidying up while Mekka reflected on her battles, still hoping that she would do her net op proud. If nothing else at least she was undefeated so far.

((End battle))